PDA

View Full Version : Efe

davym7062
02-08-2018, 08:09 PM
I love him to bits but come on son ur better than that!! That's my only moan well done the boys!!'✈️✈️✈️✈️

adhibs
02-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Loved Efe for the first season and a half, but he's became a massive liability. He's pure entertainment at times and Easter road would be duller without him, if the speculated interest is real then it may be time for him to go unfortunately.

Argylehibby
02-08-2018, 08:30 PM
I love him to bits but come on son ur better than that!! That's my only moan well done the boys!!'✈️✈️✈️✈️

I'd rather have Efe than the guy Henry that Celtic have at the back. Both liable for howlers but one able to play football and it's no JH.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Couple of dodgy passes in the 1st half and poor decision making at the goal but other than that, and I accept it’s a big that, I thought he was ok tonight.

Whole back line seemed a bit uncomfortable with that young lads pace and we got caught a couple of times over the top but plenty bodies were thrown on the line to get us through.

02-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks for this. Was worried there wouldn’t be some fud having a pop.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Thanks for this. Was worried there wouldn’t be some fud having a pop.

😂😂😂😂

hfc rd
02-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Couple of dodgy passes in the 1st half and poor decision making at the goal but other than that, and I accept it’s a big that, I thought he was ok tonight.

Whole back line seemed a bit uncomfortable with that young lads pace and we got caught a couple of times over the top but plenty bodies were thrown on the line to get us through.

Agree

PatHead
02-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Thought Darren McGregor could have done better at the goal. Was well out of position. Efe made the initial mistake though

Smartie
02-08-2018, 09:06 PM
I was less concerned about the goal (he took a gamble, committed, and it didn't pay off and he might have expected someone to have covered for him) than some of the slack stuff in possession in the first half.

There was one bit where he had initially done well, but under pressure he ended up hassled into knocking a very loose blind ball across his own box, which was very slack.

Efe is a very good player, and still worth persisting with but he's very lucky to get away with as much as he does - and I don't think he will get away with so much as the quality of the opposition improves.

Argylehibby
02-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Unseen work
02-08-2018, 11:13 PM
First half I actually thought he was very good, under a lot of pressure and he was turning them inside out and playing the ball out from the back.

He is key to how we play and starts a lot of attack’s.

Granted he has his Efe moments but that is why he is with us.

CyberSauzee
02-08-2018, 11:57 PM

Agree

Where do I begin? Ok for CB is is not alright. Efe was off the pace, he was pish tonight. We need far better. He's past it. Portoues will hopefully be starting more games very soon. Let me state again. Ambrose is slower than a week in goal and we need better players, not sentiment.

03-08-2018, 12:04 AM
Where do I begin? Ok for CB is is not alright. Efe was off the pace, he was pish tonight. We need far better. He's past it. Portoues will hopefully be starting more games very soon. Let me state again. Ambrose is slower than a week in goal and we need better players, not sentiment.

Ambrose is slow???!!!

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2018, 12:06 AM
I've not seen any highlights from the game but last week Efe got pelters for a slack pass when he was coming out of the box with the ball. I am sure he gets into these situations because there is a distinct lack of movement in front, or around him and he is loathe to just punt it up the park. It may stem from being played in front of the back four internationally but I really believe it's because he's a football player at heart. I understand that sometimes it should be "out the park for medals" but perhaps he could be cut some slack as he's a thoroughly entertaining and talented footballer.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2018, 02:09 AM

Your spelling is ****ing awful while you are stating again and all that.

tonyrougier123
03-08-2018, 02:23 AM
I've not seen any highlights from the game but last week Efe got pelters for a slack pass when he was coming out of the box with the ball. I am sure he gets into these situations because there is a distinct lack of movement in front, or around him and he is loathe to just punt it up the park. It may stem from being played in front of the back four internationally but I really believe it's because he's a football player at heart. I understand that sometimes it should be "out the park for medals" but perhaps he could be cut some slack as he's a thoroughly entertaining and talented footballer.totally agree with you on efe.

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 07:10 AM

please tell me you are just looking for bites, ambrose is no where near past it and has been consistently one of our best players since signing, yes he has the odd mental moment but so do most players, he is also very quick so god knows where you get the slower than a week in goal from

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Thought Darren McGregor could have done better at the goal. Was well out of position. Efe made the initial mistake though

Agree with this.. particularly with eff, I would expect McGregor to anticipate and cover in behind him...

That being said, I think eff has been poor in both legs, and what was frustrating is that he kept making the same mistake - overcommitting and getting spun or his man passing around the corner in behind him - he did it loads in the first half last week.

Sometimes the ball isn't there to be won and you just have to defend.

Overall though I think he's been brilliant for us, hopefully his radar is just a wee bit out after pre-season.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Slow? You're obviously watching a different player!

Seveno
03-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Fee gambles by trying to intercept the pass before it reaches his man. It looks great when it comes off but, if it doesn’t as happened last night, he had totally lost his man.

Sprouleflyer
03-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Agree with this.. particularly with eff, I would expect McGregor to anticipate and cover in behind him...

That being said, I think eff has been poor in both legs, and what was frustrating is that he kept making the same mistake - overcommitting and getting spun or his man passing around the corner in behind him - he did it loads in the first half last week.

Sometimes the ball isn't there to be won and you just have to defend.

Overall though I think he's been brilliant for us, hopefully his radar is just a wee bit out after pre-season.

It happened only a couple of minutes before they scored. I wasn't surprised that they scored after he overcommitted again. That said, would rather have him in the team than not.

J-C
03-08-2018, 07:41 AM
It's what Efe does, one minute superb the next sunday league amateur, if he was always superb he wouldn't be here, must be frustrating as a manager.

LustForLeith
03-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Tin hat on but I love him. He’s always been a bit of a liability going back to his Celtic days (remember that friendly against Barcelona?!)

I was saying this recently but i would like to see him play in midfield.

Lendo
03-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Loved Efe for the first season and a half, but he's became a massive liability. He's pure entertainment at times and Easter road would be duller without him, if the speculated interest is real then it may be time for him to go unfortunately.

Who is interested in Efe? Not heard about this before.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 07:47 AM
I was less concerned about the goal (he took a gamble, committed, and it didn't pay off and he might have expected someone to have covered for him) than some of the slack stuff in possession in the first half.

There was one bit where he had initially done well, but under pressure he ended up hassled into knocking a very loose blind ball across his own box, which was very slack.

Efe is a very good player, and still worth persisting with but he's very lucky to get away with as much as he does - and I don't think he will get away with so much as the quality of the opposition improves.

Have to disagree smartie in that his error for the goal was by far the most concerning bit for me. A goal up and a man up, no need to commit from that position, just let the game play in front of you with nothing radge.

It was an error that got punished but we ultimately got the job done (including Efe). If there are any people demanding that he leaves, it’s probably just because Bogdan had a great game and played a huge part in us getting through

J-C
03-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Have to disagree smartie in that his error for the goal was by far the most concerning bit for me. A goal up and a man up, no need to commit from that position, just let the game play in front of you with nothing radge.

It was an error that got punished but we ultimately got the job done (including Efe). If there are any people demanding that he leaves, it’s probably just because Bogdan had a great game and played a huge part in us getting through

The guys on Sportsound last night said Asteras had picked out Efe as the weak link in defence last week and aimed most of their attacked down his side, I feel Efe thinks he's a better player than what he is, he needs to do stick to the basics and forget about the clever stuff.

Smartie
03-08-2018, 08:53 AM
I love the clever stuff though - when it works, and it often does.

His desire to play his way out of trouble was central to much of our good play last season. If you curb that, you take away a lot of what is great about him.

He just needs to know when to stop, or he needs to have someone always ready to bail him out when he starts to get into difficulty.

TBH I worry a bit that Asteras might have been onto something. How good a defender is he if he is targeted and pressed? He was forced into a few mistakes last night, and didn't have a great first half of the first leg (when he needed mostly to defend - he was superb in the second half when attacking).

I used to love it when teams targeted long balls at Lewis Stevenson, as nobody ever got the better of us using this tactic.

Winston Ingram
03-08-2018, 09:02 AM
The guys on Sportsound last night said Asteras had picked out Efe as the weak link in defence last week and aimed most of their attacked down his side, I feel Efe thinks he's a better player than what he is, he needs to do stick to the basics and forget about the clever stuff.

You could clearly see that in the first game where he was an abomination.The wee boy on the left in the first leg beat him every single time he went at him and was nearly in double figures for megs on him.

The worst thing about it was he didn't even look remotely bothered about it. Just kept doing the same thing time after time and shrugged his shoulders. I'm not sure he cares that much about defending. He is all about the clever stuff.

His defending last night for the goal was amateur and i'm worried if he's allowed to carry on like this, it'll see the end to our run.

PeeJay
03-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Efe's one of the best footballers on our books - he's great entertainment value as you never know what is coming next ... we should stop constantly blaming individual players for this that or the other - the team defensively was excellent at times and very, very poor at times - we need to improve as a unit ... Efe wasn't the only one at the back who looked "amateurish" at times ...

Stevie Reid
03-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Definitely culpable at the goal, but McGregor and Hanlon were all over the place as well. Hanlon got caught trying to nick the ball in the lead up as well.

All we had to do last night was stay deep and defend the 18 yard line - it was criminal how often and how easily they got in behind us with a man less, especially given that we weren't really stretching them at all.

Hopefully lessons learned, other teams will punish us severely.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Definitely culpable at the goal, but McGregor and Hanlon were all over the place as well. Hanlon got caught trying to nick the ball in the lead up as well.

All we had to do last night was stay deep and defend the 18 yard line - it was criminal how often and how easily they got in behind us with a man less, especially given that we weren't really stretching them at all.

Hopefully lessons learned, other teams will punish us severely.

:agree:

I actually thought we might get in behind more with Boyle in the latter stages. Few times McGinn broke with the ball in acres... but I'm assuming Martin's legs were gone by that point from his work over both ties!

Speaking of McGinn, he was tremendous last night. Clear MOM for me with or without the goal. (Edit... maybe not quite as as clear now I remember Bogdan's saves)

NZ Green
03-08-2018, 10:05 AM
His good plays out weigh his bad play I think. He's certainly entertaining. Also he was the first to score against the Greeks so kept us in the tie too.

Stuart93
03-08-2018, 10:17 AM
He's not had a great pre season and there's been a few goals he's been culpable for. Be interesting to see how he starts the season.

adhibs
03-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Who is interested in Efe? Not heard about this before.

Was linked with a team in Turkey a week or two ago. Also Plymouth and a move to the far east have been quoted. How genuine that interest is who knows.