PDA

View Full Version : Ian Crocker interview

Broken Gnome
31-07-2018, 08:35 PM
VERY MUCH HIBS CONTENT.

His most memorable game can do one quite frankly, but the other two more than make up for it.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2999850/sky-sports-ian-crocker-sky-sports-rangers-celtic-hibs-hearts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

muzzhfc
31-07-2018, 08:41 PM
read It too. Shame about the source of the article. But genuine legend of the game and gave us such an iconic line

essexhibee
31-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Enjoyed that. Can't really argue with the Motherwell game, as a neutral it must have been incredible.

Pretty Boy
31-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Decent read. Always liked Crockers commentary.

Cabbage East
31-07-2018, 08:55 PM
He’s got better. There was a time a few years back where he was making digs about the game up here during commentary.

BegbieHSC
31-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Hibs legend now.

angus hibby
31-07-2018, 09:18 PM
“What a moment this is....”

Ian Crocker somehow knew what was about to happen in the next couple of seconds.

OxoHibby
31-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Good interview. Sums up all that is wrong with the Scottish press. Iconic commentary and the only 2 mentioned were the uglies

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Not my cup of tea at all. Would rather watch the game on mute

Galahibby
31-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Still have his commentary as my ringtone :flag:

Elephant Stone
31-07-2018, 10:20 PM
His commentary in the 6-2 game was sublime. I really like him and feel sorry that he has to spend so much time with Andy Walker.

Vault Boy
31-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Certainly my favourite commentator to hear whilst watching Scottish football. Don't get much of it these days.

KWJ
31-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Find the negative comments bizarre.

Watch on mute rather than Crocker? Beyond bizzare.

Don't recall him giving the Scottish game a bit of stick but having covered it for so long and seen a couple of heydeys I'd say he's entitled to diss a **** game or even period.

I reckon he has a bit of Hibee on him but likely do other teams. He's a damn good commentator.

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2018, 05:28 AM
Find the negative comments bizarre.

Watch on mute rather than Crocker? Beyond bizzare.

Don't recall him giving the Scottish game a bit of stick but having covered it for so long and seen a couple of heydeys I'd say he's entitled to diss a **** game or even period.

I reckon he has a bit of Hibee on him but likely do other teams. He's a damn good commentator.

He regurgitates the same cliches all the time and his voice grates on me. I think he's poor. Each to their own i guess.

Seveno
01-08-2018, 11:59 AM
I love the guy. He really understood what it was all about on that amazing day. Brilliant commentary.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2018, 12:22 PM
I love the guy. He really understood what it was all about on that amazing day. Brilliant commentary.

Agreed

You can hear the excitement in his voice when the winner goes it

The BBC coverage wasn't too dissimilar to RangersTV

FRes Hibbie
01-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Not my cup of tea at all. Would rather watch the game on mute

I'd tend to agree.

David Begg, despite his allegiances, was miles better.

hfc rd
01-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Him and Martin Tyler are my two favourite commentators

Iggy Pope
01-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Him and Martin Tyler are my two favourite commentators

I've always found Tyler to be an irritating over-excitable twat! Admirable mind, that he managed to audibly commentate on games with his tongue so far up the rectums of Andy Gray. Gary Neville etc.

BullsCloseHibs
01-08-2018, 02:05 PM
His commentary in the 6-2 game was sublime. I really like him and feel sorry that he has to spend so much time with Andy Walker.

Indeed. Walker and McMoist are both hideous footballers from Scotlands past.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-08-2018, 04:20 PM
https://vimeo.com/168483051

There’s something so far reaching still to this day stirs up the overwhelming feelings from that day - and what a day it is. Mibbie someone should study that feels so special I cant imagine many things that could touch it.

I’m not equating them but wonder Arr Celtic fans that were in Lisbon brought to tears as they recall it?

DavieRoy
01-08-2018, 04:25 PM
He is top notch and knows Scottish football. He gets the balance right. BT have Rob McLean who is dull and Rory Hamilton, who started at Sky, and he is up and coming but Crocker is by far the best.

‘Russell Latapy, twisting turning lovely one-two, that is absolutely wonderful from Russell Latapy, Six of the Best from Hibs, they’ve been just stunning.’ is still one of my favourites from the 6-2 game.

They called the VHS of the game ‘Six of the Best’ and the book on the Scottish Cup Final ‘A Moment in Time’, two of his lines, he will want a payment!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-08-2018, 05:09 PM
He is top notch and knows Scottish football. He gets the balance right. BT have Rob McLean who is dull and Rory Hamilton, who started at Sky, and he is up and coming but Crocker is by far the best.

‘Russell Latapy, twisting turning lovely one-two, that is absolutely wonderful from Russell Latapy, Six of the Best from Hibs, they’ve been just stunning.’ is still one of my favourites from the 6-2 game.

They called the VHS of the game ‘Six of the Best’ and the book on the Scottish Cup Final ‘A Moment in Time’, two of his lines, he will want a payment!!!

:agree:

Northernhibee
01-08-2018, 06:44 PM
The BBC coverage wasn't too dissimilar to RangersTV

Absolute garbage. The commentary at FT was excellent and didn’t overplay the pitch invasion like Sky did.

Frazerbob
01-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Absolute garbage. The commentary at FT was excellent and didn’t overplay the pitch invasion like Sky did.

Agreed. Both Sky & BBC coverage were superb. Iconic lines coming from both commentaries.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2018, 07:20 PM

So Chick Young reporting all the rangers players being assulted in front of his very eyes doesn’t count?

I can’t confirm, but someone told me bbc reporting Scotland at 6 o’clock time (6 or 6:30) didn’t actually report Hibs winning the cup, only the pitch invasion- the victory was an after note

But Andy Walker on sky was less than perfect

Northernhibee
01-08-2018, 07:24 PM
So Chick Young reporting all the rangers players being assulted in front of his very eyes doesn’t count?

I can’t confirm, but someone told me bbc reporting Scotland at 6 o’clock time (6 or 6:30) didn’t actually report Hibs winning the cup, only the pitch invasion- the victory was an after note

But Andy Walker on sky was less than perfect

Chick Young wasn’t doing live commentary that day, and he’s an irrelevance and an attention seeker. Andy Walker was doing live commentary and was keen to ham everything up as much as possible to say that the Hibs support were disgraceful.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2018, 07:28 PM
His commentary for Latapy’s goal in the 6-2 is sublime, he captured the perfect feel for that moment. Goal and commentary combined, it’s like art.:cb

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Chick Young wasn’t doing live commentary that day, and he’s an irrelevance and an attention seeker. Andy Walker was doing live commentary and was keen to ham everything up as much as possible to say that the Hibs support were disgraceful.

Wasn’t Chick Young live on the radio the day?

Elephant Stone
02-08-2018, 07:12 AM

Overplayed the whole 'misery' 'suffering' 'agony' shtick to the extent that you might have been forgiven for thinking we'd lost. He was one of the worst pricks for that. Absolutely cannot stand him.

SirDavidsNapper
02-08-2018, 07:13 AM

I agree. McLeods commentary from SDG's goal until handing back to the studio was fantastic and changed my oponion of him massively. Must have replayed it a thousand times. I feel Sky's coverage of the pitch invasion was OTT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SRnokTehVI

SirDavidsNapper
02-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Love this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMtf3pyMAP4

PatHead
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
I agree. McLeods commentary from SDG's goal until handing back to the studio was fantastic and changed my oponion of him massively. Must have replayed it a thousand times. I feel Sky's coverage of the pitch invasion was OTT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SRnokTehVI

Watched the last 12 or so minutes. Still brings a tear to my eyes.