PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Jordy Hiwula

Bleed green
31-07-2018, 08:58 AM
First post on here, hopefully a good start. Hearing from a good source that we are close to signing Jordy Hiwula on loan from Huddersfield.

23 year old striker been on loan a couple of times since signing for Huddersfield in 2015 from Manchester City.

GreenArmyyy!
31-07-2018, 09:02 AM
Did read somewhere yesterday Hibs were closing to signing a young premier league striker on loan, I’m guessing this is him?

To be honest if this comes off then Maclaren is confirmed I’d probably be ok with that strike force for the season.

Bleed green
31-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Did read somewhere yesterday Hibs were closing to signing a young premier league striker on loan, I’m guessing this is him?

To be honest if this comes off then Maclaren is confirmed I’d probably be ok with that strike force for the season.

Ticks all the boxes to be fair, Cant see him being a starter tbf

Steven79
31-07-2018, 09:11 AM
I've seen him play a number of times for Bradford City and he's got pace but his finishing leaves much to be desired.

JackHibs
31-07-2018, 09:13 AM
He wont be playing for Huddersfield so looks likely, he has been on loan previously and done not too bad! Would be a good signing I'd say

Nicho87
31-07-2018, 09:14 AM
Love these rumours.

Diclonius
31-07-2018, 09:15 AM
If he's backup (ala Barker when he initially arrived) then great, good signing.

If he's a panic buy "oh no, all our 1st choices are gone" Premiership loan deal (ala Jake Sinclair or Danny Haynes) then not so good. Given Lennon's transfer activity however, I'm confident it's the former.

Bleed green
31-07-2018, 09:22 AM

If he's a panic buy "oh no, all our 1st choices are gone" Premiership loan deal (ala Jake Sinclair or Danny Haynes) then not so good. Given Lennon's transfer activity however, I'm confident it's the former.

Still looking at other options aka McLaren, can only see this putting Shaw down the pecking order though

hfc rd
31-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Is Maclaren not going back to Australia? Reason being, seen a tabloid this morning that Melbourne are close to signing him and Keisuke Honda. Would be gutted if that’s the case as thought we were going to get him judging by all the rumours last night.

Bleed green
31-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Is Maclaren not going back to Australia? Reason being, seen a tabloid this morning that Melbourne are close to signing him and Keisuke Honda. Would be gutted if that’s the case as thought we were going to get him judging by all the rumours last night.X

not heard much on McLaren just know we are still after him and there is other options we are looking at. No deal is confirmed with Melbourne and we are Jamie's first choice, if we pay up

Stevie Reid
31-07-2018, 09:43 AM
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=78238

GreenArmyyy!
31-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Is Maclaren not going back to Australia? Reason being, seen a tabloid this morning that Melbourne are close to signing him and Keisuke Honda. Would be gutted if that’s the case as thought we were going to get him judging by all the rumours last night.

No mate, the Melbourne rumour isn’t true.

The Leith Dutch
31-07-2018, 10:02 AM

I could only see this happening if he's homesick or his family are.
Everything he's said and done suggests ambition far beyond the Australian leagues.

The Leith Dutch
31-07-2018, 10:02 AM
First post on here, hopefully a good start. Hearing from a good source that we are close to signing Jordy Hiwula on loan from Huddersfield.

23 year old striker been on loan a couple of times since signing for Huddersfield in 2015 from Manchester City.

Coming on here with an actual transfer rumour? And no puns either.
Sheesh. We just letting anybody on to the board these days?
:D

Cod Boy
31-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Seen him play a few times for Fleetwood.

AltheHibby
31-07-2018, 10:30 AM

This poster's name is a bit fishy.

Happy now Leith Dutch? 😁

SouthMoroccoStu
31-07-2018, 10:32 AM

And what's your verdict?

We need at least 2 strikers to come in anyway. Hiwula and (if rumours are to be believed) MacLaren could be the answers

Kamberi and Shaw are nowhere near enough going into the season

Bleed green
31-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Should be announced by Friday morning, looking to get him in the squad for Sunday!

Souter96Mac
31-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Great name. Seen a clip on YouTube of him, he looks quick.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Looks quick and a decent finisher with either foot.

jacomo
31-07-2018, 11:01 AM

It’s funny how no one gives Graeme Mathie and the rest of the football dept any credit.

You think Lenny suggested signing Flo Kamberi?

Lendo
31-07-2018, 11:22 AM
It’s funny how no one gives Graeme Mathie and the rest of the football dept any credit.

Did Lennon not say in an interview that he was aware of Flo from his time managing Celtc?

WeeRussell
31-07-2018, 12:13 PM

To be fair, the poster was only stating he was confident in the type of role he is (allegedly) being targeted for.. ultimately it is Lennon who decides who signs for us and the part they'll play at the club.

LancsHibs
31-07-2018, 01:17 PM

What’s your assessment?

Cod Boy
31-07-2018, 01:36 PM
What’s your assessment?

Can play wide or through the middle plays on the shoulder of the centre half and uses his pace to beat them. I have a few contacts at Fleetwood I’ve asked if they will get in touch with him to see if this is a goer or not.

LancsHibs
31-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Can play wide or through the middle plays on the shoulder of the centre half and uses his pace to beat them. I have a few contacts at Fleetwood I’ve asked if they will get in touch with him to see if this is a goer or not.

Cheers:aok:sounds like could be decent.

Big L
31-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Did Lennon not say in an interview that he was aware of Flo from his time managing Celtc?

Apparently, it was an asst coach at Cowdenbeath that tipped Lenny off about Flo.

Unseen work
01-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Kamberi was reccomended by ex Dundee anc Celtic player Mark Fotheringham.

Used to be Kamberis assistant manager.

Cod Boy
01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Not sure if this rumour is true but I noticed that Huddersfield are playing Bologna tonight. And he is not in starting line up or amongst the eleven substitutes named.

Bleed green
01-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Passed his medical today so hopefully announcement soon! In squad for Sunday

Elephant Stone
01-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Passed his medical today so hopefully announcement soon! In squad for Sunday

Thanks for sharing your information bud. I'm sure the folk who were rude to you will apologise if it comes to fruition :aok:

Heisenberg
02-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Hiwula is close to signing for Coventry, according to some journalist on twitter.

Springbank
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
would Hibs sign both Maclaren & Hiwula?

mentioned only to say a cooling of interest in one might hint at things crystallising in the other...

makaveli1875
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Hiwula is close to signing for Coventry, according to some journalist on twitter.

It must be a mistake , he's signing for us tomorrow .

02-08-2018, 01:06 PM

mentioned only to say a cooling of interest in one might hint at things crystallising in the other...

Let's hope that is the reason.

SRHibs
02-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Let's hope that is the reason.

I think the reason is because we were never looking to sign him in the first place.

ian cruise
02-08-2018, 01:10 PM

Chat was we were signing both. At the moment we've signed neither however we've as much chance of signing them as anyone else so who knows?

There's as many on here desperate for it not to happen so they can be right (not you I should add) as there is folk wanting the signings to happen.

flash
02-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Well fancy that.

basehibby
02-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Well fancy that.

Fancy what ?!?

Oscar T Grouch
02-08-2018, 01:42 PM
If we’ve signed the Man Citeh winger there’s no need for this guy as he plays as a winger too.

LancsHibs
02-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Well fancy that.

Hiwula off to Coventry City?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2018, 01:45 PM
If we’ve signed the Man Citeh winger there’s no need for this guy as he plays as a winger too.

Predominantly a striker I think.

snooky

I guess we won't be talking to him now. :coffee:

Billy Whizz

Think that’s his level

flash
02-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Fancy what ?!?

Fancy that rumour turning out to be pish.

Elephant Stone
02-08-2018, 01:55 PM

What you doing wasting your time re-opening the pish rumour thread?

LancsHibs
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Not 100% as pish yet, the source of the Coventry thing is pishy itself. Hold on a bit longer before you declare Bleed Green a charlatan:greengrin

flash
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM
What you doing wasting your time re-opening the pish rumour thread?

Why are you bothered?

flash
02-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Not 100% as pish yet, the source of the Coventry thing is pishy itself. Hold on a bit longer before you declare Bleed Green a charlatan:greengrin

It's on Twitter from several different sources.

Elephant Stone
02-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Why are you bothered?

I'm interested to know.

CropleyWasGod
02-08-2018, 01:58 PM

If we signed him, I'd ride around the walls of Edinburgh on a white horse, naked.

(disclaimer. This post is for entertainment purposes only, and should not be relied upon in a court of law)

flash
02-08-2018, 02:00 PM
I'm interested to know.

My post was 8 minutes after the previous one so not sure how I reopened it.

Oscar T Grouch
02-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Predominantly a striker I think.

According to my Terrier supporting mate he’s a winger, good fast and tricky but hasn’t got a great finish (a la Boyle when he first arrived here).

Arch Stanton
02-08-2018, 03:15 PM

:thumbsup:

Paul1642
02-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Confirmed for Coventry

The_Horde
03-08-2018, 12:06 AM
Great scoop CHAMP

Unseen work
03-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Hecky confirmed in his interview today we were watching about 6 players in the Coventry Shrewsbury game at the weekend

Wonder if we have renewed our interest in Hiwula? Seems to have had a good season.

Bakayoko for Coventry also looks a handful.

04Sauzee
03-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Hecky confirmed in his interview today we were watching about 6 players in the Coventry Shrewsbury game at the weekend

Wonder if we have renewed our interest in Hiwula? Seems to have had a good season.

I thought it might be the ex Aberdeen boy that plays for Coventry but noticed he wasn't playing.

hfc rd
03-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Docherty must be one of the names.

It’s going to be an interesting summer. I’m looking forward to see who we bring in.

SteveHFC
03-05-2019, 06:48 PM
I thought it might be the ex Aberdeen boy that plays for Coventry but noticed he wasn't playing.

Would be a decent signing for us.

Unseen work
03-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Docherty must be one of the names.

It’s going to be an interesting summer. I’m looking forward to see who we bring in.

Like wise.

Think we will get a couple of very good deals from the lower leagues.

Unfortunately think we have no chance of Docherty, Grimmer is a goer though imo.

hfc rd
03-05-2019, 07:33 PM
Like wise.

Think we will get a couple of very good deals from the lower leagues.

Unfortunately think we have no chance of Docherty, Grimmer is a goer though imo.

I’ve seen Grimmer’s name mentioned a few times on here. Never seen him play so can’t say if he will be a very good signing or not, if we do indeed bring him in.

What position does he play? Is he better than what he already have in that position?

number9dream
03-05-2019, 07:59 PM
I’ve seen Grimmer’s name mentioned a few times on here. Never seen him play so can’t say if he will be a very good signing or not, if we do indeed bring him in.

What position does he play? Is he better than what he already have in that position?

Right-back... likes to get forward.

04Sauzee
03-05-2019, 08:19 PM

Bakayoko looks like a very good player would expect a few teams are looking at him.

hfc rd
03-05-2019, 11:05 PM
Right-back... likes to get forward.

Would you start him over SDG?

PaulSmith
04-05-2019, 04:40 AM
The Bold Jack Grimmer of the HFC...now there’s a controversial song for a Saturday 😱

Hibernian Verse
04-05-2019, 05:31 AM
The Bold Jack Grimmer of the HFC...now there’s a controversial song for a Saturday [emoji33]Hopefully that will go over the head of most people on here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
04-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Marcus Maddison may be another we were looking at , think his contract is up in the summer. Looks a fantastic player and again there may be a few others looking at him

Just Jimmy
04-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Bakayoko looks like a very good player would expect a few teams are looking at him.is that the boy that was at Chelsea or am I miles out?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
04-05-2019, 09:56 AM
is that the boy that was at Chelsea or am I miles out?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately he's on loan at A.C Milan from Chelsea, this is a different boy.