PDA

View Full Version : Hibs game in Newcastle

Sir David Gray
30-07-2018, 03:52 PM
I was hoping to make it to Greece on Thursday but circumstances have worked against me. I'm now spending a few days in Newcastle instead. Does anyone know of anywhere in Newcastle that will have the Hibs game on?

It realise it will be tough due to BT showing the Burnley-Aberdeen game at the same time but any suggestions are welcome.

Aldo
30-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Try the Old George just off the Bigg Market. I watched Killie Hibs in there last seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
30-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Try the Old George just off the Bigg Market. I watched Killie Hibs in there last seasons

Cheers I'll put it on my list. The problem will be finding somewhere that has Premier Sports.

Aldo
30-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Plenty of places so hopefully you’ll get summit

SRHibs
30-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Cheers I'll put it on my list. The problem will be finding somewhere that has Premier Sports.

It’s a really nice pub with great food too!

StevieC
30-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I don't know how popular Premier sports is round the pubs. Tyneside Irish Club at the Gallowgate might be worth a try.

beensaidbefore
30-07-2018, 06:07 PM
The clock, if it still exists!

Sir David Gray
30-07-2018, 09:48 PM
It’s a really nice pub with great food too!

I don't know how popular Premier sports is round the pubs. Tyneside Irish Club at the Gallowgate might be worth a try.

The clock, if it still exists!

Thanks all i'm prepared for not seeing it to be honest especially with an English club being live on BT Sport at the same time but maybe we'll get lucky.

SRHibs
30-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Thanks all i'm prepared for not seeing it to be honest especially with an English club being live on BT Sport at the same time but maybe we'll get lucky.

The Akenside down near the Quayside has loads of screens so I’d be extremely surprised if it wasn’t on one of them.

StevieC
30-07-2018, 10:04 PM

The Tyneside Irish will usually have Scottish games on, regardless of English games being on. You'd need to call them though to find out if they can get Premier Sports

tynehibs
31-07-2018, 02:29 AM
The Tyneside Irish will usually have Scottish games on, regardless of English games being on. You'd need to call them though to find out if they can get Premier Sports

I'm a regular and they don't get premier sports

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 08:55 AM
I'm a regular and they don't get premier sports

Cheers. Any suggestions?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2018, 09:27 AM
The Bodega has more than 1 box iirc, not sure about Prem Sports though.

tynehibs
31-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Cheers. Any suggestions?

Not yet unfortunately, but I want to see the game myself and going for a few beers in town today, if I find a bar showing it ill post it up later

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Not yet unfortunately, but I want to see the game myself and going for a few beers in town today, if I find a bar showing it ill post it up later

Brilliant thanks a lot. I'll be down from tomorrow so if you find anywhere then I can try and find it before Thursday.

Much appreciated. :aok:

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 10:27 AM
The Bodega has more than 1 box iirc, not sure about Prem Sports though.

Just tried their website and it appears to be just Sky and BT that they show.

tynehibs
31-07-2018, 12:22 PM

This is proving tricky, the old George don't have premier nor do the crows nest who normally show hibs games, ill keep trying !

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 12:29 PM
This is proving tricky, the old George don't have premier nor do the crows nest who normally show hibs games, ill keep trying !

Cheers I appreciate the update.

I'm not expecting much especially now that Premier Sports have announced they're also showing the Sevco match on their main channel on Thursday night.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2018, 02:14 PM

Pity, I think its a great boozer.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2018, 02:17 PM
The Star Inn on the same road as Bodega might have it, although I believe its known as The Stab Inn by the locals! :-o

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Cheers I appreciate the update.

I'm not expecting much especially now that Premier Sports have announced they're also showing the Sevco match on their main channel on Thursday night.

I thought there was only one channel?

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 03:10 PM
I thought there was only one channel?

They've just set up a second channel and we've been bumped onto that with the huns on the main channel. The second channel also appears to be SD as well which is a pity and only the main channel is in HD.

WeeRussell
31-07-2018, 03:21 PM
The Akenside down near the Quayside has loads of screens so I’d be extremely surprised if it wasn’t on one of them.

This was going to be my suggestion too - although whether they have Premier Sports or not is another matter.

Decent wee pub.

Sir David Gray
31-07-2018, 03:29 PM

I'll take a look at that, thanks.

tynehibs
31-07-2018, 03:41 PM
The Star Inn on the same road as Bodega might have it, although I believe its known as The Stab Inn by the locals! :-o

Westgate road ill check it tomorrow, but nobody seems to have premier sports

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2018, 05:51 PM
They've just set up a second channel and we've been bumped onto that with the huns on the main channel. The second channel also appears to be SD as well which is a pity and only the main channel is in HD.

Typical, I might complain as I wasn't informed when I subscribed specifically to watch Hibs in HD in the Faroes :aok:

tynehibs
01-08-2018, 12:42 PM
I'll take a look at that, thanks.

Just spoken to the manager of the Tyneside Irish club and they had premier installed this morning .he said he's put it on twitter,

Sir David Gray
01-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Just spoken to the manager of the Tyneside Irish club and they had premier installed this morning .he said he's put it on twitter,

Brilliant thanks mate. Do you know if the Hibs game will be on since it's now on Premier 2 and the Rangers game is on Premier 1?

tynehibs
01-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Brilliant thanks mate. Do you know if the Hibs game will be on since it's now on Premier 2 and the Rangers game is on Premier 1?

He's assured me the hibs games defo on, of course the reason they got it in was for the tic game tonight, but delighted myself after frequenting most city centre bars last few days, look forward to meeting you and the hibees getting through

Sir David Gray
01-08-2018, 02:31 PM
He's assured me the hibs games defo on, of course the reason they got it in was for the tic game tonight, but delighted myself after frequenting most city centre bars last few days, look forward to meeting you and the hibees getting through

Brilliant thanks for letting me know mate. Me and my brother will be coming along so see you there. :thumbsup:

Can't wait!

tynehibs
01-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Brilliant thanks for letting me know mate. Me and my brother will be coming along so see you there. :thumbsup:

Can't wait!

Could be a long night if gods eleven do the business, save journey to all that's travelling

StevieC
04-08-2018, 01:37 AM

My original suggestion, did they show it?

Sir David Gray
04-08-2018, 08:22 AM
My original suggestion, did they show it?

They certainly did. Nice big TV, very friendly people.

Thanks for the suggestion and cheers for the company the other night Tyne Hibs, it was good to meet up and celebrate a successful night with Hibs. :thumbsup:

StevieC
04-08-2018, 03:49 PM
They certainly did. Nice big TV, very friendly people.

And usually cheap beer :wink: