PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch injured again..

Hibby soldier
29-07-2018, 12:00 PM
FITNESS RACE Ex-Hibs star Dylan McGeouch suffers injury blow ahead of Sunderland’s League One opener against CharltonThe Scotland international picked up a calf injury during a pre-season friendly clash against Middlesbrough

we are hibs
29-07-2018, 12:04 PM
It was just precautionary. Jack Ross said he will be fine for their next match

Jack Hackett
29-07-2018, 12:22 PM
It was just precautionary. Jack Ross said he will be fine for their next match

2 weeks? :greengrin

we are hibs
29-07-2018, 12:26 PM
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16383584.jack-ross-on-sunderlands-two-impending-signings-dylan-mcgeouchs-injury-and-the-need-to-sign-a-new-striker/

Out for a couple of days.

Famous Fiver
29-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Back on loan in January?

IGRIGI
29-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Out for 2 weeks until January I believe.

29-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Gutted for him. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back in action soon.

Silky
29-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Out for 2 weeks until January I believe.

That's a long 2 weeks!!!

Billychaotic182
29-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Are we at a point now where we are that bitter he’s left that we point score on his injuries. Boys a hibs legend. No need.

Famous Fiver
29-07-2018, 02:51 PM
That's why I want him back on loan in January.

A legend.

Lago
29-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Are we at a point now where we are that bitter he’s left that we point score on his injuries. Boys a hibs legend. No need.
Nope but he'll have to toughin up to survive in that league week in and week out. Lennon did aloud to it sometimes being a mind over matter problem with him. Wish him well.��

jacomo
29-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Nope but hellh have to toughin up to survive in that league week in and week out. Lennon did aloud to it sometimes being a mind over matter problem with him. Wish him well.😊

Why do you think that?

You honestly think players get kicked less in Scotland??

Lago
29-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Why do you think that?

You honestly think players get kicked less in Scotland??
Did I say that? No! League 1 is a hard league to play in week in week out thats all I said why are you linking it to Scotland??

jacomo
29-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Did I say that? No! League 1 is a hard league to play in week in week out thats all I said why are you linking it to Scotland??

‘He’ll need to toughen up to play in that league.’

He played week in week out in the SPFL last season. Surely he’s tough enough?

Lago
29-07-2018, 04:14 PM

He didn't play week in week in SPFL even last season, but thats of no interest to me, league 1 EFL is a hard grind & he will have to touhen up physically & mentally.

1van Sprou7e
29-07-2018, 04:22 PM
He didn't play week in week in SPFL even last season, but thats of no interest to me, league 1 EFL is a hard grind & he will have to touhen up physically & mentally.

Emmm, yes he did

He played 35 league games and was our player of the season

ancient hibee
29-07-2018, 04:35 PM
46 league matches now.A big ask.

DetroitHibs
29-07-2018, 04:40 PM
The lads that all won the cup are legends, but once they stop playing for Hibs, I couldn't give a monkeys what they do else where. Same goes for Cummings and the others.

scoopyboy
29-07-2018, 04:47 PM
The lads that all won the cup are legends, but once they stop playing for Hibs, I couldn't give a monkeys what they do else where. Same goes for Cummings and the others.

If they are playing somewhere they can't damage Hibs I wish them well and usually follow their progress.

I hope Dylan is a success.

Jim44
29-07-2018, 04:47 PM
I’m definitely in the ‘if they’re not with us they’re against us camp, and I tend not to get all protective and nostalgic about our former players, even so-called legends, but let’s give McGeouch a break. He was injured in training, not playing in English 1.

danhibees1875
29-07-2018, 04:48 PM

It's a shame the thread title was so ambiguous. :greengrin

oneone73
29-07-2018, 04:54 PM
If they are playing somewhere they can't damage Hibs I wish them well and usually follow their progress.

I hope Dylan is a success.

Me too.

Lago
29-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Emmm, yes he did

He played 35 league games and was our player of the season
Ok happy to accept I was wrong on that score. My original point stands.

Lago
29-07-2018, 05:13 PM
I’m definitely in the ‘if they’re not with us they’re against us camp, and I tend not to get all protective and nostalgic about our former players, even so-called legends, but let’s give McGeouch a break. He was injured in training, not playing in English 1.
I didn't say he was injured playing in a league game.
Oh and I too wish him well in his career.

SquashedFrogg
29-07-2018, 05:15 PM

Don't give a monkeys but opened a thread about an ex player and posted a comment?

Sure you don't....

Jack Hackett
29-07-2018, 05:30 PM

At the point where you posted, I can't see any previous posts that point score on his injuries. What I can see are posts referencing .net and occasionally Hibs FC updates on players returning from injury with a statutory estimate of 2 weeks... which generally ended being 2 months... or more. His departure won't have a negative effect on us other than the lack of his presence. He gave legendary service to the club and every one of us appreciate it. I don't think any of the posts can be considered bitter. You're reading waaay too much into what's being said

The Spaceman
29-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Wish him all the best, but he shouldn't have left us!

DetroitHibs
29-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Don't give a monkeys but opened a thread about an ex player and posted a comment?

Sure you don't....

I don't give a monkey about Hearts either, but still opened the thread against ICT. Stop being so precious.

Billychaotic182
29-07-2018, 06:44 PM
At the point where you posted, I can't see any previous posts that point score on his injuries. What I can see are posts referencing .net and occasionally Hibs FC updates on players returning from injury with a statutory estimate of 2 weeks... which generally ended being 2 months... or more. His departure won't have a negative effect on us other than the lack of his presence. He gave legendary service to the club and every one of us appreciate it. I don't think any of the posts can be considered bitter. You're reading waaay too much into what's being said

This thread is titled Dylan McGeouch injured again..

The ‘again..’ was what I was referring too. It’s like people have been waiting for him to have another injury. Plus there are plenty of other comments proving what I said in this and plenty of other threads.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-07-2018, 07:16 PM

:agree:

Babyshamble
29-07-2018, 07:21 PM

This 👍

DetroitHibs
29-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Never wish any ill will on any ex players, or any players for that matter. I support the club and the players that pull on the green and white. What happens to the likes of Dylan, Cummings or Stokes doesn't concern me anymore.

Babyshamble
29-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Never wish any ill will on any ex players, or any players for that matter. I support the club and the players that pull on the green and white. What happens to the likes of Dylan, Cummings or Stokes doesn't concern me anymore.
You feel the same about pat Stanton ? Arguably our best player.left us for Celtic.

DetroitHibs
29-07-2018, 07:53 PM
You feel the same about pat Stanton ? Arguably our best player.left us for Celtic.

Honestly I don't follow what Pat does, so yes. Many great players I've admired when they pull on the green and white, but don't follow what they do afterwards.

Babyshamble
29-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Honestly I don't follow what Pat does, so yes. Many great players I've admired when they pull on the green and white, but don't follow what they do afterwards.

Fair enough mate.respect your opinion 👍

Danderhall Hibs
29-07-2018, 08:07 PM

A lot less games in our league and the whole of league one is based around booting everything as hard as you can.

jdships
29-07-2018, 08:34 PM

Sure you don't....

same for me they are history :bye:

SquashedFrogg
29-07-2018, 09:11 PM
same for me they are history :bye:

Part of our history, yes. Appeciate some keep up with ex players/managers careers and some don't. That's cool.

Just strange for people to actively open and read a thread around a subject they aren't interested in. Then to contribute by saying they have no interest in the subject.

Odd.

Lago
29-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Part of our history, yes. Appeciate some keep up with ex players/managers careers and some don't. That's cool.

Just strange for people to actively open and read a thread around a subject they aren't interested in. Then to contribute by saying they have no interest in the subject.

Odd.
Not at all, just curiosity.

Nutmegged
29-07-2018, 09:48 PM
We were great for Dylan and he was great for us, he left us in a far better place than he found us, that wasn't all down to him but he did play a significant part, I hope he has a brilliant season and ends up in the Premiership in a year of two, he's more than good enough.

Chic Murray
30-07-2018, 09:24 AM
This thread is titled Dylan McGeouch injured again..

The ‘again..’ was what I was referring too. It’s like people have been waiting for him to have another injury. Plus there are plenty of other comments proving what I said in this and plenty of other threads.

Has he never been injured before? Of course he has, so he's injured again.

In fact, before last season he was injured a lot. The question for me is whether last season was the exception to the rule.

If last season was different from others, why was that?

So, it's actually relevant to Hibs, if the current management team were the Ines who got the best out of Dylan.

hibeerealist
30-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Paddy God did not “leave” Hibs he was pushed out by ET he would have stayed with his beloved Hibs given the chance!

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Just put sky on to watch Dylan but unfortunately not in squad today.

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Just put sky on to watch Dylan but unfortunately not in squad today.Me too am disappointed was looking forward to watching him...Ross said he only had a tight calf last week so surprised he's not even on bench today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
04-08-2018, 11:23 AM
selfishly, i'd be quite happy circumstances contrived themselves such that he finds himself back at ER in the near/middle future, which would probably involve some bad luck on his part. I'll start it now - COME HOME DYLAN :aok:

Onceinawhile
04-08-2018, 11:34 AM
I see Charlton haven't filled their bench. Apparently the situation is so dire they've had to ration water at the training ground.

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Sunderland 1 down already....

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Disappointing for him and Sunderland. I see Ozturk starts for the Lads.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Not so long ago this would have been a mid table Premiership clash.

Just shows how quickly it can all go wrong down there.

HibbyAndy
04-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Sunderland really have sunk to a new level with players like Ozturk and Maguire in the team

Billy Whizz
04-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Sunderland really have sunk to a new level with players like Ozturk and Maguire in the team

3rd tier of English football though
Dylan should never have dropped that far in my opinion
Wonder why he choose them

Smartie
04-08-2018, 11:47 AM

A few familiar faces at that goal - Lyle Taylor murdering Glenn Loovens for pace before being chopped down by Chris Maguire.

Dylan was superb for them in the pre-season games he played - he'll be their best player this season by a country mile.

The Stadium of Light is a horrible place when the fans get on their own players' backs. That's not the start they were looking for, and Charlton have been the better team.

brog
04-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Sunderland 1 down already....

I thought Lyle Taylor had signed for Sunderland. Just scored against them!

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2018, 11:51 AM
3rd tier of English football though
Dylan should never have dropped that far in my opinion
Wonder why he choose them

£££ and no other options?

Onceinawhile
04-08-2018, 11:51 AM
How many games have Sunderland won in the last two seasons? If I rember it's less than 5?

green day
04-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I thought Lyle Taylor had signed for Sunderland. Just scored against them!

According to the commentator, Sunderland made him a massive offer, but he opted to stay with Charlton

brog
04-08-2018, 12:06 PM
According to the commentator, Sunderland made him a massive offer, but he opted to stay with Charlton

OK, ta. I thought he was still at Wimbledon!

Hibeewilly
04-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Six shots on target for Charlton none for Sunderland playing at home...….deary me

Lago
04-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Me too am disappointed was looking forward to watching him...Ross said he only had a tight calf last week so surprised he's not even on bench today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yet how many times did we hear the same at ER, just a slight knock, strain etc then didn't reappear for weeks.

MWHIBBIES
04-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Yet how many times did we hear the same at ER, just a slight knock, strain etc then didn't reappear for weeks.Not actually that often. Those things can take weeks to heal properly as well. There isn't some great conspiracy with Dylan. He had no fitness problems at all last season.

Lemonade
04-08-2018, 12:21 PM
The poor guy is going to be getting threads about him every time he picks up a knock.

IWasThere2016
04-08-2018, 12:23 PM

Anyone who thought Sunderland is a good move is deluded.

Lemonade
04-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Anyone who thought Sunderland is a good move is deluded.

Why ?

New owner , no debt , huge stadium and loyal fans.

weecounty hibby
04-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Sunderland are a basket case of a club, the new manager will be sacked before Christmas and they will not make the playoffs. But the problem is they can still pay way more than a team who finished 4th in Scotland, qualified for Europe and made a national cup semi final. All to do with Sky TV etc bloating these clubs financially. I wish Dylan all the best but i think he would have been better off long term re-signing for Hibs.

Springbank
04-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Sunderland are a basket case of a club, the new manager will be sacked before Christmas and they will not make the playoffs. But the problem is they can still pay way more than a team who finished 4th in Scotland, qualified for Europe and made a national cup semi final. All to do with Sky TV etc bloating these clubs financially. I wish Dylan all the best but i think he would have been better off long term re-signing for Hibs.

Football = Hibs
Enjoyment = Hibs
Team Spirit = Hibs
Cosmopolitan City = Edinburgh (Hibs)
National Caps = Hibs
Money = Sunderland

so Dylan what first attracted you to the deadbeat Brexit basket case of social unrest and unhappiness that is Sunderland....

snooky
04-08-2018, 03:36 PM
....so Dylan what first attracted you to the deadbeat Brexit basket case of social unrest and unhappiness that is Sunderland....

You missed out "Brexit-voting", btw :wink:

Famous Fiver
04-08-2018, 05:45 PM
I sound like a broken record but back in January on loan, please.

MWHIBBIES
04-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Sunderland are a bigger club than Hibs, let's not be silly. They could offer alot more without sky money.

Smartie
04-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Sunderland are a bigger club than Hibs, let's not be silly. They could offer alot more without sky money.

They had more than 30,000 there today for a third division game.

I think it's a good move for him. He has a good manager and the new owners seem to know what they are doing. He'd struggle to get a move to the Premier League, but might manage to claw his way up there with Sunderland.

Hibs was a good move for him, and we were rebuilding a basket case when he first arrived at ER.