PDA

View Full Version : Visiting from Toronto

heavy_g
28-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Hi all, I am going to be in Edinburgh for the very first time and my bucket list includes a game at Easter Road. What are my chances of getting a ticket to the match against Aberdeen on August 25th? Will I be able to walk up and buy one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. GGTTH

monktonharp
28-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Hi all, I am going to be in Edinburgh for the very first time and my bucket list includes a game at Easter Road. What are my chances of getting a ticket to the match against Aberdeen on August 25th? Will I be able to walk up and buy one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. GGTTHIf you don't get a ticket, PM me. I will tell them you are my cousin, and I do have cousins over in the big T.O. :wink:

heavy_g
28-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Cheers monktonharp! Will do!

monktonharp
28-07-2018, 10:15 PM
:aok: my cousins are based around Islington and Missasauga btw

heavy_g
28-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Not far from me at all! Islington down by the lake. Little area called Mimico

DH1875
28-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Would imagine the South stand will be open to Hibs fans so reckon you should get tickets no problem :aok:

KWJ
29-07-2018, 09:46 AM
I've been to Mimico. Stayed at an air BnB in Etobicoke.

ben johnson
29-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Hi all, I am going to be in Edinburgh for the very first time and my bucket list includes a game at Easter Road. What are my chances of getting a ticket to the match against Aberdeen on August 25th? Will I be able to walk up and buy one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. GGTTH

i seem to remember that Aberdeen was a Category A game at one time. That meant only customers who are actually on Hibs data base could purchase tickets for this game. To get on the data base you have to have purchased a ticket in the past. It may not be the case that Aberdeen are still category A but would be a wise move to check with ticket office.

LancashireHibby
29-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Best buying in advance to be on the safe side but easily done on the club website.

Spent a week in Toronto a few weeks back. Stayed in an Air BnB on West Queen West. Loved every minute of it, great city. While we were there we watched a Toronto Wolfpack rugby league game, a Toronto FC football game and two Blue Jays baseball games!

Speedy
29-07-2018, 09:42 PM

I'd recommend buying in advance.

You may be ok on the day but buying in advance will guarantee it and you'll be able to pick a better seat.

Not on sale yet but you'll get them here https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/2427

Not sure if you're here for the festival but if not, make sure you go to a couple of shows.

PathheadHibby
30-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Heavy_g I’m actually in Toronto on holiday, is there a pub you know off who would be showing the match? Thanks

KWJ
30-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Highly doubt it as only on premier sports here. Be able to get online.

LancashireHibby
31-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Heavy_g I’m actually in Toronto on holiday, is there a pub you know off who would be showing the match? Thanks
As above the game is on Premier Sports, which actually happens to be the U.K. broadcaster of Toronto Wolfpack games so may not be as far fetched as you may think. Get in touch with the 3 Brewers pub in Liberty Village (not downtown) as they’re the official Wolfpack pub so may already be subscribers. Might be worth checking with Real Sports Bar downtown as well as they had tons of TVs and was packed for World Cup games. Apologies if you have no luck with either!

1875STEVE
31-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Buy online and pick up from ticket office once over??????

monktonharp
31-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Cheers monktonharp! Will do!do contact, if you get a problem

heavy_g
01-08-2018, 02:35 AM
thanks to all for the suggestions! Definitely going to try and purchase a seat online. as for watching the game here, good luck. You may have some luck at The Galway Arms Pub on The Queensway, that is as long as there are no Irish games being played at the same time. Tell the owner Michael that I (Glen Wilson) sent you. Friendly pub with a good atmosphere!

Billy Whizz
01-08-2018, 08:00 AM
thanks to all for the suggestions! Definitely going to try and purchase a seat online. as for watching the game here, good luck. You may have some luck at The Galway Arms Pub on The Queensway, that is as long as there are no Irish games being played at the same time. Tell the owner Michael that I (Glen Wilson) sent you. Friendly pub with a good atmosphere!
Is Aberdeen not a Category A game? If this is the case, someone will have to buy for you

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Not sure if you're here for the festival but if not, make sure you go to a couple of shows.

That may prove to be quite difficult. ;-) Unless Wimbledon are playing MK Dons.