PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence shankland

Pages : [1] 2

AugustaHibs
28-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Currently 2-0 to ayr vs Patrick and shankland has them both.

I know it’s L1 but surely this boys worth a punt?

gogsy23
28-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Sportsound creaming over him pre match. Saying he has lost a fair bit weight in his new job as fitness instructor. Can't say I've noticed him in games tbh

Chip shop Joe
28-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Sure I read somewhere that he turned down a move to Hearts a few weeks ago.

Smartie
28-07-2018, 03:33 PM
My mate who is a Dons fan really rated him when he was there and I was surprised that he dropped a couple of leagues.

I quite like players like this - the ones who drop a level, get fitter, find some form and step it up again.

He's the kind of player I reckon we should be taking a punt on.

lord bunberry
28-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Clearly a man of impeccable taste as well as a decent footballer.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Clearly a man with a good brain.

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 03:37 PM

We should go for him simply for that reason!!!

wookie70
28-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Ian McCall likened him to Dobbie and said that he had lost a bit of weight and got fitter and that had moved him to the next level. No idea what his contractual situation is like but definitely worth a look.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Ayr's in the Championship again.

Unseen work
28-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Not good enough imo.

Lago
28-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Ian McCall likened him to Dobbie and said that he had lost a bit of weight and got fitter and that had moved him to the next level. No idea what his contractual situation is like but definitely worth a look.
Signed a new contract at the end of last season.

weecounty hibby
28-07-2018, 04:49 PM
I’d give him a go. Would be no worse than Simon Murray and would likely be relatively inexpensive. Could be a great bit of business like that laddie Robertson that came from Queens Park to Dundee Utd. Look how that turned out!

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Signed a new contract at the end of last season.

Only till the end of this season. A deal could be done if we were interested and I think we should be. He is scoring a lot of goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
28-07-2018, 04:56 PM

McCall sounded like he was trying to flog him.

JIm
28-07-2018, 04:57 PM
I reckon alot of clubs will be monitoring him in the same way most players are to some degree. Think he has played Scotland 21s and showed a lot of early promise coming through at Aberdeen. Maybe a player who has needed to step down before stepping back up, but whether he's good enough to do it T a higher level yet who knows. Be interesting if someone does decide to go for him.

One of our mates who's a hibs St and his old man's an ayr utd fan raves about him. Has seen him a few times and keeps an eye out.

O'Rourke3
28-07-2018, 05:02 PM
McCall sounded like he was trying to flog him.

This. Big come and get him before and after they did the Jags

SlickShoes
28-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Simon Murray scored loads at this stage as well and most folk wanted rid of him.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 05:09 PM
KB reckon they are back in for him to replace KL

Smartie
28-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Simon Murray scored loads at this stage as well and most folk wanted rid of him.

We gave him a chance though, he did ok, then we did ok financially when he moved on.

Not a bad outcome for a deal that didn't really work out - certainly not the benchmark for a poor signing.

I suppose with the media hype around Shankland now he'd be less likely to be the low-risk, cheap signing that we might think.

H18 SFR
28-07-2018, 05:13 PM
I was the OP on Tuesday having been at the Ayr game, went again today with my mate. Absolute weapon of a striker, such a natural finisher it's unreal.

calumhibee1
28-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Let’s remember Simon Murray scored for fun in this comp. I know nothing about Shankland, don’t remember him at Aberdeen but I’d be surprised if he’s at our level. I’d be looking at him as a speculative punt as a 4th choice if we got a really good striker in. If we don’t manage a Maclaren or someone along those lines then I don’t think we could afford to take the gamble.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I was the OP on Tuesday having been at the Ayr game, went again today with my mate. Absolute weapon of a striker, such a natural finisher it's unreal.

What sort of striker is he, obviously apart from a goal scorer

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 05:23 PM

https://youtu.be/cRVb4LvBPbY

GloryGlory
28-07-2018, 06:18 PM

Are you his agent?

Asking for a friend. :greengrin

H18 SFR
28-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Let’s remember Simon Murray scored for fun in this comp. I know nothing about Shankland, don’t remember him at Aberdeen but I’d be surprised if he’s at our level. I’d be looking at him as a speculative punt as a 4th choice if we got a really good striker in. If we don’t manage a Maclaren or someone along those lines then I don’t think we could afford to take the gamble.

He's very different to Simon Murray. This might sound stupid but he's a Scott Allan as a striker.

wookie70
28-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Some great goal in the clip

green day
28-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Excellent at his level, not good enough for us. As someone else mentioned, Simon Murray scored about 5 goals in the LC last season by this point.

Unseen work
28-07-2018, 11:12 PM
He’s been pretty poor everywhere he has been bar Ayr.

Fair enough he’s had 1 good season but would have to be far more consistent in a better league for us to consider it imo.

Would rather Oli Shaw.

stoneyburn hibs
28-07-2018, 11:14 PM
He's very different to Simon Murray. This might sound stupid but he's a Scott Allan as a striker.

I'm struggling with your answer 😁 bizarre.
Hope we have a look.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 11:25 PM
He’s been pretty poor everywhere he has been bar Ayr.

Fair enough he’s had 1 good season but would have to be far more consistent in a better league for us to consider it imo.

Would rather Oli Shaw.

He only 22 and has had previous good spells. His goal scoring rate now is outstanding.

wookie70
28-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Excellent at his level, not good enough for us. As someone else mentioned, Simon Murray scored about 5 goals in the LC last season by this point.
And went on to score important goals 8n big games after that before netting us a tidy profit.

Mibbes Aye
28-07-2018, 11:35 PM
https://youtu.be/cRVb4LvBPbY

Sharp turn, can make space and finds the target. Difficult to see what's not to like.

Unseen work
29-07-2018, 12:30 AM
He only 22 and has had previous good spells. His goal scoring rate now is outstanding.

23 in a week and imo his goal scoring at st Mirren and Greenock Morton was poor. There’s a reason he has dropped to league 1.

If he continues his excellent form for Ayr into the championship then I agree we should maybe look at him. But for now, it’s a no for me.

Chip shop Joe
29-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Have to admit I have never seen him play but is he a step up from Oli Shaw? I am sure he would also be banging in the goals at that level.

BILLYHIBS
29-07-2018, 09:29 AM
It’s a no from me too!

I say leave Lenny and his back room team to do their job. I am sure the boy is a good player but the last thing we need are sheep rejects.

There me must be a reason why McInnes let him go.

We need to sign better quality to be where we need to be.

In Lenny we trust! :wink:

Ozyhibby
29-07-2018, 10:08 AM
https://twitter.com/100percentaufc/status/1023467550435418112?s=21

His goal yesterday.

LustForLeith
29-07-2018, 10:19 AM
I’ve been a fan of his for years. He broke through a promising young side at Ayr if I’m correct.

SirDavidsNapper
29-07-2018, 10:23 AM
The boy has probably found the level he feels comfortable at. Being released by Aberdeen and turning down Hearts speaks volumes for me.

Thecat23
29-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Looks overweight imo in the video posted. Boy can finish though!

BILLYHIBS
29-07-2018, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/100percentaufc/status/1023467550435418112?s=21

His goal yesterday.

:thumbsup:

Stoatir!

Nutmegged
29-07-2018, 10:37 AM

ok I'll bite, what? haha

green day
29-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Looks overweight imo in the video posted. Boy can finish though!

And McCall said on the radio yesterday thats him slimmed down as he was "a bit like Dobbie"

BILLYHIBS
29-07-2018, 10:41 AM
And McCall said on the radio yesterday thats him slimmed down as he was "a bit like Dobbie"
Looks like a fat Scott Allan!

Thecat23
29-07-2018, 10:47 AM

If that’s him slimmed down he must have been pretty big. He’s defo a stone or two overweight.

Allant1981
29-07-2018, 11:51 AM
I’ve been a fan of his for years. He broke through a promising young side at Ayr if I’m correct.

was it not queens park?

H18 SFR
29-07-2018, 12:38 PM
ok I'll bite, what? haha

I tried to warn you it was a weird comparison. He just strikes the ball so cleanly and sees passes no one else on the park sees or attempts.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2018, 02:21 PM
2 goals so far again today. The lad is def worth a look.

hfc rd
04-08-2018, 02:29 PM
2 goals so far again today. The lad is def worth a look.

I agree. Think he’s already scored 10 goals so far this season which is very impressive!

H18 SFR
04-08-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm at the game again, we are represented here today along with staff/scouts from 31 clubs apparently. That's straight from a member of Ayr staff.

SmashinGlass
04-08-2018, 02:33 PM
BBC Sport tweeted about half an hour ago that Dundee had "enquired as to his availability".

badabing67
04-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Scott Allan as a striker imo would be a Faddy type player is this what your saying!

Billy Whizz
04-08-2018, 05:50 PM
I'm at the game again, we are represented here today along with staff/scouts from 31 clubs apparently. That's straight from a member of Ayr staff.

That’s a lot of complementary tickets

H18 SFR
04-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Scott Allan as a striker imo would be a Faddy type player is this what your saying!

Something along those lines.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2018, 06:27 PM
That’s a lot of complementary tickets

I dont think we're going to try and sign him. Would be nice to be wrong though. :greengrin

southsider
04-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Ayr want 250 k. Was at St M on loan. Seems to have shed a lot of weight. Would be behind Jamie & Flo but perhaps goog squad player. Can we spend that on a sub.

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Ayr want 250 k. Was at St M on loan. Seems to have shed a lot of weight. Would be behind Jamie & Flo but perhaps goog squad player. Can we spend that on a sub.

No. And thats the reason why. As long as Flo and JM are fit he wouldn't get a sniff and i don't think he's any better than Shaw. We can't afford that price for a sub.

Smartie
04-08-2018, 06:39 PM
He had more than 30 scouts watching him today, he's playing well and banging in the goals.

I reckon he's worth £250k, but it would have to be a fairly long contract so he didn't disappear for nowt in a couple of years.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2018, 06:40 PM

I don't think they'll get that. Less than a year to go on his contract.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2018, 06:46 PM
No. And thats the reason why. As long as Flo and JM are fit he wouldn't get a sniff and i don't think he's any better than Shaw. We can't afford that price for a sub.

Maybe we pay that and he’s not a sub, but keeping Flo or McClaren out the team. Squad depth is very important. If he can translate that form to spfl level he will be worth more than £250k.

Cod Boy
04-08-2018, 07:01 PM
He scores goals at the level there is no difference between him and Simon Murray.

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Maybe we pay that and he’s not a sub, but keeping Flo or McClaren out the team. Squad depth is very important. If he can translate that form to spfl level he will be worth more than £250k.

You may be right and I'd definitely have him as a squad player but at £250k it's a massive risk. One i don't think we're in a position to take. Based on last season it would take something miraculous to split the Flo/JM partnership. I'd rather use the £250k for Scott Allan or as part of a perm deal for JM. If Shankland was out of contract I'd take him.

neil7908
04-08-2018, 07:24 PM
You may be right and I'd definitely have him as a squad player but at £250k it's a massive risk. One i don't think we're in a position to take. Based on last season it would take something miraculous to split the Flo/JM partnership. I'd rather use the £250k for Scott Allan or as part of a perm deal for JM. If Shankland was out of contract I'd take him.

I agree. It's great to see us spend money on players like Kamberi, Mallan etc but for us £250k is a lot for a 3rd or even 4th choice striker. If we have that kind of money still to spend it should be on players that will go straight into the team like Allan.

mayo hibee
04-08-2018, 08:04 PM
I doubt anyone in Scotland will be spending 250k on him. Unless there's serious interest from England the chances are he could be signed for closer to 100k. At that price maybe someone like Motherwell might have a look with the Kipre money, or maybe Sevco, but the reality is that hardly any Scottish clubs even have 100k to spend on transfer fees.

From Hibs point of view if we sign another forward I'd expect it to be a loan or a free transfer. With Kamberi, Maclaren and Shaw here any further transfer funds should be going to other parts of the team, particularly a holding midfielder and a decent utility defender who can cover centre back and left back.

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Starting to think there is something in this Guy more than a flash in the pan pundits on Radio Scotland creaming themselves saying he has really slimmed down looking sharp as has put the jags to the sword two weeks in a row might be worth a looksee!

Ringothedog
04-08-2018, 08:34 PM
I doubt anyone in Scotland will be spending 250k on him. Unless there's serious interest from England the chances are he could be signed for closer to 100k. At that price maybe someone like Motherwell might have a look with the Kipre money, or maybe Sevco, but the reality is that hardly any Scottish clubs even have 100k to spend on transfer fees.

From Hibs point of view if we sign another forward I'd expect it to be a loan or a free transfer. With Kamberi, Maclaren and Shaw here any further transfer funds should be going to other parts of the team, particularly a holding midfielder and a decent utility defender who can cover centre back and left back.

We should have be able to afford £250k with the money we have made from our europa League run

mayo hibee
04-08-2018, 09:00 PM
We should have be able to afford £250k with the money we have made from our europa League run

Hopefully, but for us it would be better spent elsewhere on the team, we're unlikely to spend it on a player who would be at best third choice in his position.

SChibs
04-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Starting to think there is something in this Guy more than a flash in the pan pundits on Radio Scotland creaming themselves saying he has really slimmed down looking sharp as has put the jags to the sword two weeks in a row might be worth a looksee!

Maybe a Jamie vardy type late developer

madabouthibs
04-08-2018, 09:57 PM
One wonders how Oli Shaw would compare at the same level? We'd probably find that we already have a Shankland sitting on the bench chomping at the bit for a chance in the first team. I'd rather have faith in our 30-odd goal development squad lad than some 22 year old that's suddenly turned up out of the blue.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Scored another two up at Dens against Dundee in a 3-0 win. This guy is on fire!

I know that he would only be a bench warmer in our squad but with Kamberi playing with an injury Jamie Mac still to get up to speed and Olly Shaw admittedly improving with every game can we afford to ignore a young talent that seems to be scoring goals for fun?

Juice-Terry
19-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Scored another two up at Dens against Dundee in a 3-0 win. This guy is on fire!

I know that he would only be a bench warmer in our squad but with Kamberi playing with an injury Jamie Mac still to get up to speed and Olly Shaw admittedly improving with every game can we afford to ignore a young talent that seems to be scoring goals for fun?

I say take a punt. Sign him.

Smartie
19-08-2018, 10:36 AM
I like him and think this is exactly the kind of signing we should be making.

The only good reason not to is the emergence of Oli Shaw, who has started the season well.

Kamberi looks to be carrying an injury and McLaren needs to up his performance level otherwise we are still looking light up front.

bigswissstriker
19-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Ayr turned down a bid of £150k already for him this summer. Dunno how I’d feel about spending more on a 4th choice striker than Flo.

Maybe my username gives me a bias but I’m still pretty sure I don’t see this as a viable option

bigswissstriker
19-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Ayr turned down a bid of £150k already for him this summer. Dunno how I’d feel about spending more on a 4th choice striker than Flo.

Maybe my username gives me a bias but I’m still pretty sure I don’t see this as a viable option

wookie70
19-08-2018, 11:23 AM
He is only a 4th choice striker in people mind because we don't know how he would do. To me this is a SJM type situation. Invest to hopefully make a profit down the line. They all won't work but sometimes you have to stick your neck out and with McLaren misfiring and Flo injured the few points a hot striker could get us at the start of the season could be worth more in prize money come the last day of the season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2018, 02:22 PM
He will go somewhere to be a first pick. Would not be surprised if it is Dundee or St Mirren.

Ringothedog
19-08-2018, 07:41 PM

If we signed him he wouldn’t be 4th choice striker, if he scored goals for us the way he is for Ayr he would end up first choice

Hibby Bairn
19-08-2018, 08:17 PM
If we signed him he wouldn’t be 4th choice striker, if he scored goals for us the way he is for Ayr he would end up first choice

Spot on. Bit of Premiership snobbery going on here. The guy has sorted himself out. Lost a bit of weight. And now reaping the rewards. Already scored against Partick and Dundee amongst his 11 goals for the season at Ayr where he will be playing with lower quality players.

I think he would have scored both of Boyles chances today.

PatHead
19-08-2018, 08:21 PM
He will go somewhere to be a first pick. Would not be surprised if it is Dundee or St Mirren.

Or Hearts if they sell Lafferty

bigswissstriker
19-08-2018, 08:24 PM

His record not exactly great at his previous teams from what I can remember. It’s all well and good sticking out at a part time team. I remember him being particularly pish when we played against Morton and st Mirren in the championship days. I’m sure the team that had that bid rejected was AFC Fylde

hfc rd
19-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Or Hearts if they sell Lafferty

If Lafferty leaves, I reckon Hearts will try and sign David Vaněček now rather than wait for his contract to expire in January before he comes.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2018, 09:23 PM
His record not exactly great at his previous teams from what I can remember. It’s all well and good sticking out at a part time team. I remember him being particularly pish when we played against Morton and st Mirren in the championship days. I’m sure the team that had that bid rejected was AFC Fylde

Ayr are full time.

H18 SFR
20-08-2018, 06:06 PM
30 plus scouts again this weekend to watch him already organised apparently.

SirDavidsNapper
20-08-2018, 06:07 PM
30 plus scouts again this weekend to watch him already organised apparently.

Must have been around half the Dens crowd.

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 06:11 PM
he is no better than murray who we have just let go

SChibs
20-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Murray wasn't great but he was eager to learn and it just didn't work out for him. Some players just find their level and can't take the next step. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Shankland is younger and he may have it in him to reach the next level.

Thecat23
20-08-2018, 06:51 PM

I thought I was the only one who doesn’t think he’d be worth signing. Murray looks a lot fitter than him as well. Must be a reason no one has went for him.

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Murray wasn't great but he was eager to learn and it just didn't work out for him. Some players just find their level and can't take the next step. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Shankland is younger and he may have it in him to reach the next level.

shankland has just turned 23 which isnt old but not exactly young for a footballer now, not sure id have him but if it were to happen then he would get my support

erin go bragh
20-08-2018, 08:21 PM
I thought I was the only one who doesn’t think he’d be worth signing. Murray looks a lot fitter than him as well. Must be a reason no one has went for him.
Someone bid 150k but Ayr knocked it back .

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Someone bid 150k but Ayr knocked it back .

Ayr are looking for 250k and that only gets you a seat at the table really.

Tornadoes70
20-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Ayr are looking for 250k and that only gets you a seat at the table really.

Very possibly worth a gamble at that sort of money in today's mad market of transfer fees.

The scouts would know whether or not he's worth a punt.

In saying that Bikey of yam infamy failed to make his mark.

It would certainly be a gamble to pay out decent money for a player yet to test himself consistently at a higher level but could be worth a shot.

Mon the Cabbage

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Very possibly worth a gamble at that sort of money in today's mad market of transfer fees.

It would certainly be a gamble to pay out decent money for a player yet to test himself consistently at a higher level but could be worth a shot.

Mon the Cabbage

We could possibly get SA for that price, I'd rather go for him.

Tornadoes70
20-08-2018, 11:05 PM

:aok:

No question!

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 12:26 AM
obviously Allan is first choice, but can anyone remind me what age a certain welder from Institute, Norn Ireland league was when we signed him?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-08-2018, 05:29 AM
obviously Allan is first choice, but can anyone remind me what age a certain welder from Institute, Norn Ireland league was when we signed him?

Did he not cost 5k?

But different to making him our biggest transfer fee since, de la Cruz?

Allant1981
21-08-2018, 06:22 AM

obviously a very valid point, but paying out 5 grand or whatever it was is slightly different to £250k on a gamble though, if we were paying the money that ayr want then id be wanting more than 12 goals from 71 games, which isnt a dig at sproule as i thought he was a cracking player

Hibee Mac
21-08-2018, 06:38 AM
Mental that people are honestly suggesting we pay out decent transfer fees (for our club's size) for him!

calumhibee1
21-08-2018, 08:24 AM

100%.

SirDavidsNapper
21-08-2018, 08:27 AM

Mon the Cabbage

I'd forgotten about him. They were celebrating that deal like a derby win. Wonder what happened to him.

Wembley67
21-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Seems to be another Glynn Hurst style player, scored goals for fun at that level but never really done it anywhere else. I'm out

basehibby
21-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Mental that people are honestly suggesting we pay out decent transfer fees (for our club's size) for him!

I don't get this attitude - we have just pulled in circa £3M for McGinn as well as record ST revenue. Sure we are still small players in the big scheme of things and have already spent some significant sums for the market we operate in - and we do not have a bottomless pit of cash. But that should not rule out paying reasonable transfer fees if the player's prospects are good and it looks like a good bet and will improve the squad.

We paid a fee to St Mirren for John McGinn afterall - and that worked out alright :cb

Sean1875
21-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Wonder if we could manage a cut price deal (50k and sell on %?) to guarantee his signature and then loan him back to Ayr for the season? Hes obviously enjoying his football there and scoring too in the Championship so would be good experience for him to continue progressing to potentially kick on with us next season.

Smartie
21-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Wonder if we could manage a cut price deal (50k and sell on %?) to guarantee his signature and then loan him back to Ayr for the season? Hes obviously enjoying his football there and scoring too in the Championship so would be good experience for him to continue progressing to potentially kick on with us next season.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and I could see it suiting all parties.

Hibee Mac
21-08-2018, 11:38 AM
I don't get this attitude - we have just pulled in circa £3M for McGinn as well as record ST revenue. Sure we are still small players in the big scheme of things and have already spent some significant sums for the market we operate in - and we do not have a bottomless pit of cash. But that should not rule out paying reasonable transfer fees if the player's prospects are good and it looks like a good bet and will improve the squad.

We paid a fee to St Mirren for John McGinn afterall - and that worked out alright :cb

Don't think you can compare John Mcginn to Shankland. I'm all for us spending money on players, I just don't get why people would want to spend that money on players from this quality/level.

I'd take Kamberi and Milligan over Shankland any day of the week.

Smartie
21-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Don't think you can compare John Mcginn to Shankland. I'm all for us spending money on players, I just don't get why people would want to spend that money on players from this quality/level.

I'd take Kamberi and Milligan over Shankland any day of the week.

Some very good players have come from the lower leagues over the past few years though, and you never know when the next Andy Robertson is going to come along.

04Sauzee
21-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Or a slightly higher fee with a % sell on fee with Lewis Allan going on loan, this could give Hibs the opportunity to see how Allan does at a decent club with him being in the last year of his contract and being no where near the first team at the moment.

Col2
21-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Or a slightly higher fee with a % sell on fee with Lewis Allan going on loan, this could give Hibs the opportunity to see how Allan does at a decent club with him being in the last year of his contract and being no where near the first team at the moment.

Or keep the cash for Maclaren in the summer rather than pay now for someone in 12 months.

04Sauzee
21-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Or keep the cash for Maclaren in the summer rather than pay now for someone in 12 months.

Sorry my point was Allan going the other way to bring Shankland in now. Not sure if Shankland is what we need, i do think we are light up front unless Lennon sees Boyle filling in there when required for the remainder of the season.

Alex Trager
21-08-2018, 01:23 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/be3193a6ea84dcb8c88867254fc0f535.png

CapitalGreen
21-08-2018, 01:24 PM

@AgentKevinITK...looks legit

Alex Trager
21-08-2018, 01:25 PM
@AgentKevinITK...looks legit

450,000 hahahah

Hibs90
21-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Fake account

Smartie
21-08-2018, 01:35 PM

The fee, the club badge on the photo and the number of fingers on each of the player's hands do not add up.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Seems legit...:hmmm:

The_Horde
21-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Troll account. As I've said a million times before, probably even on this thread.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Sure it wasn’t 400,000 😉

hibbiedon
21-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Sure it wasn’t 400,000 😉

Each yam fan puts in a £1 done deal

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Nothing posted on kickback yet Budgie must still be in her counting house counting out her money remember she still has a Main Stand to finish gonna be a big path across their pitch just like back in the day at Harrison Park when you had to stop play coz a Wifie was crossing with a bairn in a pram :wink:

allezsauzee
21-08-2018, 08:23 PM
I'd prefer he stays at Ayr because I've stuck a bet on them to win the championship at 40/1 :greengrin

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Don't care how much Ayr want. We need him.

Sioux
25-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Don't care how much Ayr want. We need him.

No we don't.

hfc rd
25-08-2018, 03:57 PM
No we don't.

Yes we do.

We need another striker and this guy is banging them in.

Ozyhibby
25-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Lennon said on the radio we are looking to bring in a striker.

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 05:08 PM

hopefully not another up and coming youngster, we have a few young forwards, need someone to add a bit of experience

GlesgaeHibby
25-08-2018, 05:10 PM
hopefully not another up and coming youngster, we have a few young forwards, need someone to add a bit of experience

Dobbie. Outscored shankland. Two hattricks already this season.

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Good stuff.

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Dobbie. Outscored shankland. Two hattricks already this season.

i wouldnt mind dobbie but can imagine his age will have some fans up in arms

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Thank ****.

Dancehibs
25-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Heard that. Looks like a few going out. I’d like a younger grant holt. We need a physical presence.

overdrive
25-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Changed his tune from the pre-match press conference then. We need another striker. I know I’ll take pelters for this but Shaw isn’t ready physically.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Changed his tune from the pre-match press conference then. We need another striker. I know I’ll take pelters for this but Shaw isn’t ready physically.

I don’t think you’ll get pelters for that - clear to anyone watching today he was bullied.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Thank ****.

Still in for Hooper?

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 05:30 PM

sometimes he looks quite good at holding it up then other times not so great, that will come with experience and age though, he is a good back up striker just now

Lee Marvin
25-08-2018, 05:35 PM

Shaw was like a school kid today. Not ready to be msin man against thst level of opposition, unfortunately. He is a great prospect but definitely need another experienced striker.

Kenny miller is my guess.... but would be happy with shankland

Dancehibs
25-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Shaw will never be a big physical prescene. Nor will McLaren. They need to play off a big target man

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Just asking. Name calling’s a bit out of order.

😂 no bother.

overdrive
Shaw will never be a big physical prescene. Nor will McLaren. They need to play off a big target man

That’s not the point. I’m not expecting him to be a big physical presence. I do expect him to have a basic level of core strength that means he won’t be easily nudged off the ball and bullied. Maclaren has that. Riordan (who has a similar build to Shaw) developed it. Shaw doesn’t have it yet.

Danderhall Hibs
😂 no bother.

I can’t reply to your PM asking to meet face to face to “sort this out” cos your inbox is full.

Just so we’re clear - I don’t have a problem so not sure what we’re sorting out.

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 06:01 PM
I can’t reply to your PM asking to meet face to face to “sort this out” cos your inbox is full.

Just so we’re clear - I don’t have a problem so not sure what we’re sorting out.

I’ll clear my inbox for you.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 06:01 PM
I’ll clear my inbox for you.

I’ve already posted what I said.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2018, 06:05 PM
As I said before he was a player Lennon wanted nothing more nothing less.

But keep trolling ya wee fanny 😂

Is he injured, as he’s not been in the game Wednesday squad

Ozyhibby
25-08-2018, 06:06 PM
One or both of you need a time out from Hibs.net. It’s boring watching you both following each other from thread to thread arguing like kids.

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Is he injured, as he’s not been in the game Wednesday squad

No idea Billy, never noticed he wasn’t in their squad.

matty_f
25-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Keep it civil please people, no need for name calling.

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 06:10 PM
One or both of you need a time out from Hibs.net. It’s boring watching you both following each other from thread to thread arguing like kids.

If it isn’t clear now who is at the wind up then I give up. Who’s the one who keeps quoting who?? Anyway that’s enough from me about it on this thread.

Dancehibs
That’s not the point. I’m not expecting him to be a big physical presence. I do expect him to have a basic level of core strength that means he won’t be easily nudged off the ball and bullied. Maclaren has that. Riordan (who has a similar build to Shaw) developed it. Shaw doesn’t have it yet.
Deek never had that. Deek never played as focal point of attack. Oli held ball up on many occasions today. Up against four defenders all above six feet. He will improve.

BT58
Shaw is getting used as a stop gap till the injuries subside. He tries his best and its valuable experience for him. Once Kamberi is fit he will be in. Just glad we have 2 youngsters who have came in and given their all for the team.The futures bright with Shaw and Porteous ready to stake their place, in the end it will save us cash and in Porteous case will give us the next big fee
B

scotia44
25-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Shaw is getting used as a stop gap till the injuries subside. He tries his best and its valuable experience for him. Once Kamberi is fit he will be in. Just glad we have 2 youngsters who have came in and given their all for the team.The futures bright with Shaw and Porteous ready to stake their place, in the end it will save us cash and in Porteous case will give us the next big fee
B
Oli is not ready to lead the line he is a natural goalscorer and in scotland that will either get kicked out you or you will be left with concussion most weeks Oli will flourish with a battering ram partner

Joe6-2
25-08-2018, 06:15 PM
i wouldnt mind dobbie but can imagine his age will have some fans up in arms

Think he could do it in the top league?

Thecat23
25-08-2018, 06:19 PM

No chance. That’s why no one has taken a chance on him.

scotia44
25-08-2018, 06:20 PM

Doubt it will happen sure I read Dobbie is playing out his career think he's settled in life in Dumfries

Scorrie
25-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Doubt it will happen sure I read Dobbie is playing out his career think he's settled in life in Dumfries

He did an interview recently and he’s settled in Lytham near Blackpool and travels to Dumfries for fitbaw so assume a move to Edinburgh wouldn’t be on for him unless a very good offer

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 08:12 PM
No chance. That’s why no one has taken a chance on him.

I think Ayr's £250k asking price for a seat at the table may have something to do with it.

Zazu62
25-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Sign him

murray26
25-08-2018, 08:27 PM
For 250 k and still young I think he’s worth the gamble..he’s certainly found something and pushing a mediocre team above where they normally would be..

Ozyhibby
25-08-2018, 08:58 PM
I think Ayr's £250k asking price for a seat at the table may have something to do with it.

Wasn’t he talking about Dobbie?

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Wasn’t he talking about Dobbie?

Was he? I'm not sure.

FifeHibs
25-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Was he? I'm not sure.

Ayr already knocked back an offer of around £150/175k they are holding out for £250k which is achievable for most English teams as a punt

Cod Boy
25-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Ian McCall was on the radio Thursday night. He said they have had two bids from premier league clubs one which was Dundee but didn’t say the other .

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Ayr already knocked back an offer of around £150/175k they are holding out for £250k which is achievable for most English teams as a punt

Which they didn't as their window is now shut.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Ian McCall was on the radio Thursday night. He said they have had two bids from premier league clubs one which was Dundee but didn’t say the other .

It could be our neighbours over the road, they were rumoured to be interested a while back.

Delboy4
25-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Dobbie is getting paid a high wage from business men in Dumfries.
That is why he is there and is very happy at his old club. Very settled and probably doesn’t need a lot of money as he’s made a fortune on his travels!
Remember he was promoted with Swansea and Blackpool so received large bonuses back then.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Dobbie is getting paid a high wage from business men in Dumfries.
That is why he is there and is very happy at his old club. Very settled and probably doesn’t need a lot of money as he’s made a fortune on his travels!
Remember he was promoted with Swansea and Blackpool so received large bonuses back then.

Have we tried to get Shankland You heard anything?

Delboy4
25-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Have we tried to get Shankland You heard anything?

No, not heard HC. I would love us taking a punt on him because we haven’t got the cash to pay to a high profile CF. If he ended up like SJM, a few seasons with us and then gets another move. It would be a bonus.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:25 PM
No, not heard HC. I would love us taking a punt on him because we haven’t got the cash to pay to a high profile CF. If he ended up like SJM, a few seasons with us and then gets another move. It would be a bonus.

Would love us to take a punt. Nothing ventured and all that.

H18 SFR
26-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Huns showing interest.

Eyrie
26-08-2018, 10:05 AM
I know we have more money than normal due to season ticket sales, a good run in Europe and selling McGinn, but I don't think £250k for someone who isn't likely to replace Kamberi or Maclaren and will only hold back Shaw's development is a good use of resources.

I'm fine with having Boyle as the fourth striker in much the same way I'm fine with Milligan being the fifth CH or Whittaker as a utility player.

brog
26-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Oli is not ready to lead the line he is a natural goalscorer and in scotland that will either get kicked out you or you will be left with concussion most weeks Oli will flourish with a battering ram partner

That's it exactly. He's a predator, like MacLaren but because he's taller & better in the air he's being asked to play a role for which he's not naturally suited. It can only help him toughen up & gain experience but short term we need some help up front.

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2018, 12:17 PM
That's it exactly. He's a predator, like MacLaren but because he's taller & better in the air he's being asked to play a role for which he's not naturally suited. It can only help him toughen up & gain experience but short term we need some help up front.
Kamberi has more of a physical presence and undoubtedly helps Shaw and MacLaren but we have yet to see the Kamberi of last season and we do not know how long he is out injured for. I feel that we need reinforcements up front to help us in the short term Lenny has dismissed thoughts of Kenny Miller which leaves us with SHANKLAND and Dobbie none of which for one reason or other do not seem to be viable options. We can only hope the recruitment team can pull another rabbit out of the hat. Lenny said in his post match interview last night possibly another two in two out! In Lenny we trust!:wink:

Ozyhibby
26-08-2018, 01:10 PM
I know we have more money than normal due to season ticket sales, a good run in Europe and selling McGinn, but I don't think £250k for someone who isn't likely to replace Kamberi or Maclaren and will only hold back Shaw's development is a good use of resources.

I'm fine with having Boyle as the fourth striker in much the same way I'm fine with Milligan being the fifth CH or Whittaker as a utility player.

If he keeps progressing the way he is then he will be worth a lot more than £250k soon.

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 01:19 PM
If I was him I'd stay at Ayr for the season. He was promising before but needs a full season at a reasonable level before we can say he's a decent player.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:43 PM
If I was him I'd stay at Ayr for the season. He was promising before but needs a full season at a reasonable level before we can say he's a decent player.

Then Ayr lose him for nothing next summer.

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 01:48 PM

They'll take that IF they go up. Cracking start to the season. Big if though.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:50 PM
They'll take that IF they go up. Cracking start to the season. Big if though.

They cant go up with that ground can they? I'd love it if the rules allow them to.

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 01:51 PM
They cant go up with that ground can they? I'd love it if the rules allow them to.

Do we still have these **** rules?

Ayr for the title

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Do we still have these **** rules?

Ayr for the title

Thees a minimum amount of seats required I think.

Nevi_SOL
26-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Or Celtic sign him on a pre contract in January 😬🤓😂

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Or Celtic sign him on a pre contract in January 😬🤓😂

Why Celtic? :confused:

Hibbyradge
26-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Why Celtic? :confused:

SIM reference

H18 SFR
26-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Thank ****.

Have you heard anything about Shankland mate? The word down in Ayr is we've been represented at most of the recent Ayr games (as have many top SPL sides). Any whispers from your sources?

BILLYHIBS
23-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Another brace yesterday

This guy just won’t go away

Is it worth revisiting in January or do we have other priorities?

Smartie
23-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Another brace yesterday

This guy just won’t go away

Is it worth revisiting in January or do we have other priorities?

He's shot his club right up that league.

Good for them holding onto him instead of accepting small offers, and hopefully he'll go on to be worth a lot more than £250k to them.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2018, 12:19 PM
He's shot his club right up that league.

Good for them holding onto him instead of accepting small offers, and hopefully he'll go on to be worth a lot more than £250k to them.

He's out of contract at the end of the season is he not? They'll get next to nothing for him now.

Juniper Greens
23-09-2018, 07:37 PM
He's out of contract at the end of the season is he not? They'll get next to nothing for him now.

He was out of contract this season too, but chose to sign on for another year over moving to Hearts who tabled a contract

Humo
23-09-2018, 08:39 PM
He was out of contract this season too, but chose to sign on for another year over moving to Hearts who tabled a contractThe boy clearly has a good head on his shoulders!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Smartie
23-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Yes, they'll probably get nowt as a transfer fee this summer but I was meaning that promotion would surely be worth more to Ayr United than the £250k or so they were talking about making from him during the summer.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-09-2018, 09:36 PM
He was out of contract this season too, but chose to sign on for another year over moving to Hearts who tabled a contract

Is he a part timer with a decent day job?
Maybe that's why he turned Hearts down.
A bit like that boy who's scored for fun for years at Peterhead. He could easily have had a career in the top flight but earns a really good living in his day job.

bigwheel
23-09-2018, 09:46 PM
A bit like that boy who's scored for fun for years at Peterhead. He could easily have had a career in the top flight but earns a really good living in his day job.

No. Full time footballer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
23-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Ayr Utd are full time,they were full time in the 1st Division as were Raith Rovers only two full time club's in that division at the time.

SquashedFrogg
23-09-2018, 09:56 PM

If he goes in Jan they will get a good fee. If so then it's a win - win for both. A positive situation.

HoboHarry
23-09-2018, 10:49 PM
If he goes in Jan they will get a good fee. If so then it's a win - win for both. A positive situation.
I disagree - if Ayr are still top in January it will be an act of lunacy to sell him given that promotion to the premier is the prize. That will be worth more than any potential fee they may get.......

Onceinawhile
24-09-2018, 06:25 AM
Will Ayr be allowed up?

Is the 6,000 seats rule still in place?

calumhibee1
24-09-2018, 06:32 AM

Always find it mental that this is a thing. One of my mates plays part time in League One. He earns way more (quite a bit over double) playing part time and working a decent day job than he did when he went full time for one season in the Championship. He actually had to move back home with his mum and dad when he played in the Championship because the wages were that low.

H18 SFR
24-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Ayr Utd are full time,they were full time in the 1st Division as were Raith Rovers only two full time club's in that division at the time.

He's full time with Ayr but still works at night as a personal trainer.

BoyledEgg
24-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Will Ayr be allowed up?

Talk of them building temporary stands, if they go up. I think they will groundshare though.

worcesterhibby
24-09-2018, 08:04 AM
I disagree - if Ayr are still top in January it will be an act of lunacy to sell him given that promotion to the premier is the prize. That will be worth more than any potential fee they may get.......

My guess is that he may well sign for someone in January, but be loaned back to Ayr for the rest of the season. If they are vying for promotion Ayr will accept less cash if they get him loaned back as it's a win/win.

NC1875
24-09-2018, 08:13 AM
My guess is that he may well sign for someone in January, but be loaned back to Ayr for the rest of the season. If they are vying for promotion Ayr will accept less cash if they get him loaned back as it's a win/win.

Why wouldn’t they just sign him on a pre-contract for free ? Why pay money for him to loan him back to Ayr ?

Smartie
24-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Always find it mental that this is a thing. One of my mates plays part time in League One. He earns way more (quite a bit over double) playing part time and working a decent day job than he did when he went full time for one season in the Championship. He actually had to move back home with his mum and dad when he played in the Championship because the wages were that low.

I remember hearing something similar about Paul Tosh, after he played for us.

It would be fair to say that Tosh struggled a bit at Easter Road before dropping a few levels. He did find his level, and started banging them in for iirc Forfar. He had a commission-based job in some sort of sales field, where he could earn a fortune being "Paul Tosh the footballer" who sells stuff.

He did well enough at that level to attract the attention of Aberdeen - but rather than earn less money and go up to a level he'd struggled at previously he continued to play at a lower level, bang goals in and earn a fortune doing his day job.

BullsCloseHibs
24-09-2018, 10:04 AM
Will Ayr be allowed up?

They'll share with Hamilton or M'Well like everyone else has/does.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Talk of them building temporary stands, if they go up. I think they will groundshare though.

That would be crazy, other than Killie, who they’d never share with, nowhere else local

davhibby
24-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Will Ayr be allowed up?

Pretty sure that was done away with in the change to SPFL. Vaguely remember it being talked about when QOS were in the playoffs

bigwheel
24-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Pretty sure that was done away with in the change to SPFL. Vaguely remember it being talked about when QOS were in the playoffs

Hope so ...Ayr is a magic old school football ground ...

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Hope so ...Ayr is a magic old school football ground ...

Our cup visit there back in 2012 or 13 was one of my favorite away days

BoyledEgg
24-09-2018, 11:40 AM
That would be crazy, other than Killie, who they’d never share with, nowhere else local

Ayr fans I know would rather travel to Paisley and ground share with St. Mirren if possible, rather than groundshare with Kilmarnock.

Can’t see them making it up though, squad is wafer thin but if they stay clear from injuries and suspensions you never know!

MrSmith
24-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Maybe we should offer £200k now but leave him at Ayr until end of season?

hfc rd
24-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Sunderland are in for him along with two clubs in the Championship and a team in the National League.

Diclonius
24-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Will Ayr be allowed up?

The ground requirements have been scrapped.

It would be great to see Ayr in the top division. Their rivalry with Kilmarnock is on par with any others in the country.

NthCarolinaHibs
29-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Scores again today at Morton...

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 09:55 AM
The time to talk to Shankland was back in August. I’m afraid that ship has now sailed for Hibs and other clubs on our budget.

PatHead
30-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Funny how no clubs were willing to take a chance on him in the summer.

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 10:07 AM
The time to talk to Shankland was back in August. I’m afraid that ship has now sailed for Hibs and other clubs on our budget.

why? he is out of contract at the end of the season so if ayr want to sell they cant afford to knock back too many bids, plus players playing for small teams like ayr will never attract big bids regardless how well their players are playing

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Promotion could ruin a club like Ayr. I remember when Meadowbank were close to going up and their form mysteriously fell away in the last few games.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2018, 10:30 AM
The ground requirements have been scrapped.

It would be great to see Ayr in the top division. Their rivalry with Kilmarnock is on par with any others in the country.

On a par with Rangers v Celtic?

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 11:14 AM
why? he is out of contract at the end of the season so if ayr want to sell they cant afford to knock back too many bids, plus players playing for small teams like ayr will never attract big bids regardless how well their players are playing

I think clubs with a bigger budget than us will be in for him in January and we won’t be able to match them.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Why's that? He isn't better than either of our main strikers and we can afford them.

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 11:21 AM
I think clubs with a bigger budget than us will be in for him in January and we won’t be able to match them.

there is no way he will go for big money 6 months before his contract expires

Eyrie
30-09-2018, 12:02 PM
On a par with Rangers v Celtic?

From the outside, Killie vs Ayr looks like a rivalry rather than bigoted hatred, so the Ugly Sisters aren't relevant.

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 12:05 PM

It’s not the transfer fee that will rule him out now, it’s the level of wages he will be offered in England.
August was the time to make a move, now I think it’s too late for us or the yams.

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 12:52 PM
It’s not the transfer fee that will rule him out now, it’s the level of wages he will be offered in England.
August was the time to make a move, now I think it’s too late for us or the yams.

again i doubt someone playing in the first division in scotland for ayr will be able to command a big wage, or attract the type of clubs that will pay big wages. But i may be completely wrong, it has been known!!

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Promotion could ruin a club like Ayr. I remember when Meadowbank were close to going up and their form mysteriously fell away in the last few games.

Meadowbank beat The Rangers today though

😉

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 03:29 PM
again i doubt someone playing in the first division in scotland for ayr will be able to command a big wage, or attract the type of clubs that will pay big wages. But i may be completely wrong, it has been known!!

Jason Cummings was signed from the championship and he’s earning a wage we couldn’t pay him.

hfc rd
30-09-2018, 03:30 PM

😉

Plus beat us and got a draw with Hearts at the PBS

scoopyboy
30-09-2018, 03:38 PM

😉

Ferranti Thistle actually. :greengrin

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Jason Cummings was signed from the championship and he’s earning a wage we couldn’t pay him.

playing for a club with a much bigger reputation than ayr and had just won the Scottish cup

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 05:03 PM

Are you his agent Ozy😄

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 06:08 PM

��

Ferranti Thistle, please

My_Wife_Camille
30-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Another couple of goals tonight. I’ve seen a few comparing him to Simon Murray but his goalscoring record at that level is blowing Murray’s right out the water. Will be interesting to see where he goes next

silverhibee
30-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Another couple of goals tonight. I’ve seen a few comparing him to Simon Murray but his goalscoring record at that level is blowing Murray’s right out the water. Will be interesting to see where he goes next

Why is he even not been linked with clubs, is there something about him apart from scoring goals that clubs are not making a move for him, never seen him, but does he carry a bit weight.

monktonharp
31-10-2018, 12:06 AM
Why is he even not been linked with clubs, is there something about him apart from scoring goals that clubs are not making a move for him, never seen him, but does he carry a bit weight.naw, just that he's an ugly bugger, got a funny shaped heid but nevertheless scores goals. would not mind him as a fallback or backup or even if he went on a run (like he is on now) scoring for us!!

monktonharp
31-10-2018, 12:09 AM
I think he is a big awkward item, that a lot of defenders cant deal with. fair play to him and A.Utd. love that wee grund btw, auld fashioned, scruffy as f/k standing up terracing .:aok:

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Looked at him for first goal scorer 2/1 didnae bother even the big bookies are wise to him now
Steven Dobbie exhibby still dangerous anaw!

Diclonius
31-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Would be great to see the Ayrshire derby in the top division. When was the last time that happened?

LancsHibs
31-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Would be great to see the Ayrshire derby in the top division. When was the last time that happened?

Season 1976/77. Kilmarnock were relegated, Ayr were relegated the following season(last we saw of Ayr in the Premier league)

The 90+2
31-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Shankland was a better prospect than Robertson and Guald according to my QP mate. I would still love us to take a punt on him.

Juniper Greens
31-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Why is he even not been linked with clubs, is there something about him apart from scoring goals that clubs are not making a move for him, never seen him, but does he carry a bit weight.

His contract was up last summer. Hertz came in for him, but he turned down their bid to stay at Ayr for another year. Then 4 weeks later, Dundee tabled a bid for him.

Tells us all we need to know about Hertz and Dundee!

Hertz - players aren't too keen on going there

Dundee - Neil McCann was bidding money for players that he could have signed for free a few weeks earlier...no wonder he was sacked.

Lago
31-10-2018, 01:15 PM
He'll do a McGeoch, say the right words & run down his contract & who could blame him?

H18 SFR
30-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Just sign him.

Lago
30-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Scores in 2 minutes against Dundee Utd

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Scores in 2 minutes against Dundee Utd

Decent header. Was Shankland the guy that was apparently a bit overweight earlier in his career? Doesn’t look anything like overweight now if it was him, he’s actually quite a slight build.

BILLYHIBS
30-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Decent header. Was Shankland the guy that was apparently a bit overweight earlier in his career? Doesn’t look anything like overweight now if it was him, he’s actually quite a slight build.
Needs a haircut though and funny shaped heid apart from that looks decent excellent execution of the header

Lago
30-11-2018, 08:11 PM
That's him didn't make the grade at Aberdeen.

H18 SFR
30-11-2018, 08:12 PM
That run from him there, absolute player of a boy.

hfc rd
30-11-2018, 08:13 PM
First ever time I have seen him play and he is certainly impressing.

Zazu62
Should have signed him when we had the chance Ayr wanted 250k

lord bunberry
If we could get him it would be a no brainer. The guys been absolutely menacing so far in this game. The board owe us one, get him signed.

hfc rd
30-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Should have signed him when we had the chance Ayr wanted 250k

Might be wrong, but is he not out of contract at the end of the season?

H18 SFR
30-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Might be wrong, but is he not out of contract at the end of the season?

He is indeed.

PatHead
30-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Reminds me of Simon Murray.

hibs#1
30-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Reminds me of Simon Murray.

Unrelated but I think Simon Murray would have been real handy to us this season. Easy to say in hindsight and of course not saying the boy was a world beater.

H18 SFR
30-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Just get him signed!

lord bunberry
30-11-2018, 08:27 PM
2-0 Shankland again