PDA

View Full Version : SEVCO'S Huff and Celtic's retaliation.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Because of their monumental spitting of the dummy over Hibs decision to cut their allocation last season The Huns have retaliated against the only club whose ticket allocation they actually can cut by doing to Celtic what we did to them. Not unsurprisingly Celtic have responded in kind, though I'm prepared to believe Celtic's assertation that they didn't want to be forced down that route.

It seems to me that Sevco for their own selfish ends, and not for the first time, have done a massive disservice to the game in Scotland …. We don't have many real selling points to our game, but one of the few is that we have three genuine city derby matches ….. the bigot fest, Hibs v Hearts and Dundee v Dundee Utd. None of these games is awash with the worlds best talent, but what they have always had is a great atmosphere from the stands, even from the 10,000 or so who populate the Dundee version.

By cutting Celtic's allocation to next to nothing Sevco have all but ensured that the biggest selling point of the Glasgow derby ( like it or not ) the hateful atmosphere will be cut to next to nothing … they had better hope that the global TV audience don't decide to switch over to a game where its about football and not hatred or its going to cost them big time in the long run.

Lets also hope Hibs and Hearts never decide to go down the same route … the TV folk love the atmosphere the Edinburgh derby generates which is why its almost always chosen for coverage, not even the most ardent supporter of either club, or Scottish football, can pretend that the most notable thing about our derby is the silky football … but the fact that both clubs are always well supported in the away fixture ensures a blood and guts attitude on the park and TV audiences love that.

Sevco need to acknowledge that fact and reverse their selfish and stupid decision …. especially because it was prompted by Hibs refusal to treat them as anything other than just another fixture. That was correct, but a derby match is an entirely different matter and if you cant or refuse to see why then you shouldn't be running a football club.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2018, 03:11 PM
I don’t think Sevco’s decision was to get back at us but the desperate need for them to raise more cash via selling season tickets to their own fans.

hibee316
28-07-2018, 03:13 PM
I don’t think Sevco’s decision was to get back at us but the desperate need for them to raise more cash via selling season tickets to their own fans.

This and only this!

It just shows how bad the finances are at Ibrox.
They would have made more money across the season not selling those tickets as they would charge Celtic a premium and also pick up all the seat sales for the rest of the games anyway.

The fact they need the money up front is telling...

28-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Could they not have just sold STs that covered all games apart from the Celtic games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
28-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Could they not have just sold STs that covered all games apart from the Celtic games?

They need to maximise the money now upfront from season tickets.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2018, 03:26 PM

SChibs
28-07-2018, 03:33 PM
I don't think it will impact the atmosphere that much to be honest. Both sets of fans get right up for their derby games so there will be a charged atmosphere regardless of how many away fans there is. Celtic park certainly won't be affected if Celtic carry on their recent record vs the huns.

The only problem I could potentially see is if Celtic are hammering Rangers at Ibrox or vice versa so the home fans are quiet

cabbageandribs1875
28-07-2018, 03:50 PM
i wish nothing but failure for that vile institution and that diving little runt of a manager

chinaman
28-07-2018, 03:55 PM

what ?! are you saying the putrid ***kers might die AGAIN .....oh yes please...

we are hibs
28-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Rangers are only getting half a stand at Easter Road this season and Aberdeen gave reduced their allocation apparently l. No idea if hearts are planning on doing so.

Diclonius
28-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Rangers are only getting half a stand at Easter Road this season and Aberdeen gave reduced their allocation apparently l. No idea if hearts are planning on doing so.

Is this confirmed now? Are we cutting allocation for the OF?

Since90+2
28-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Looking at our season ticket sales I'd be surprised if the old firm get the full stand this season.

A Hi-Bee
28-07-2018, 04:07 PM
I don't think it will impact the atmosphere that much to be honest. Both sets of fans get right up for their derby games so there will be a charged atmosphere regardless of how many away fans there is. Celtic park certainly won't be affected if Celtic carry on their recent record vs the huns.

The only problem I could potentially see is if Celtic are hammering Rangers at Ibrox or vice versa so the home fans are quiet

**** SEVCo they are Irrelevant and **** the smellies as well.

pollution
28-07-2018, 04:13 PM
In a Scottish Cup game the SFA insist that away supporters will have at least 20% of the tickets.

How will both clubs get round that?

Keith_M
28-07-2018, 04:33 PM
In a Scottish Cup game the SFA insist that away supporters will have at least 20% of the tickets.

How will both clubs get round that?

They won't. The only wriggle room they have is how exact the number has to be.

The ruling goes something along the lines of 'a minimum of 20% of tickets, where practical'.

The 'where practical ' part is the reason Der Hun give Celtc the Broomloan Stand only, which is eight thousand tickets, and not the full ten thousand (20%), as there might be problems in getting an additional two thousand Celtc Supporters in and out of the Govan stand... plus the extra segregation required.

Presumably similar common sense applies in the Celtc Park fixture.

Famous Fiver
28-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Nae Nookie, very interesting post and it's great that we can all give our opinions.

However, I disagree big time with you. If you think by reducing Celtic's ticket allocation that 'the hateful atmosphere will be cut to next to nothing' , I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

It just means that 50,000 of them will be spouting their bile instead of 42,000. The atmosphere will be just as hateful, if, not more so.

We have suffered as hateful an atmosphere there as you can get, especially recently. Look at the treatment Neil Lennon has had. It is by far, the most insidious, vile atmosphere of any ground I have been at and no away ticket allocation reduction will change that.

Until SPFL bring in appropriate rules governing the home club's responsibility it will continue. The 'hateful atmosphere' has flourished for decades and will continue for decades yet.

A sad reflection on our society.

SideBurns
28-07-2018, 04:43 PM
I really hope Hibs & Hearts don't go down this route. It's hard enough trying to get tickets for derbies as it is. Pathetic stuff through the West.

we are hibs
28-07-2018, 04:44 PM

Is this confirmed now? Are we cutting allocation for the OF?

My hun supporting mate goes to away games and has signed up to their away ticket scheme and their SLO has said Aberdeen have cut their allocation and they expect the same from hibs.

weecounty hibby
28-07-2018, 05:15 PM
My hun supporting mate goes to away games and has signed up to their away ticket scheme and their SLO has said Aberdeen have cut their allocation and they expect the same from hibs.
Good news. We should be limiting the number of them who come and infest Easter Road as we should with celtic. I am fed up watching and hearing almost 4000 of them singing songs of hate, glorifying murder and terrorist atrocities, waving flags of Israel and Palestine just to prove a point. If we can as a club and support restrict them to about the same as we get in the weedge that would be great. Some restricted view seats and pish filled cups chucked down on them as well would be great just so they can savour the unique type of atmosphere as we get

Vini1875
28-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I very much doubt that we will cut their allocation at ER for the first game v either of the OF. To my mind it will only be a question if we are doing very well towards the end of the season. We only cut the huns allocation due to demand for the last game, which was shown to be correct.

ancient hibee
28-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Nae Nookie, very interesting post and it's great that we can all give our opinions.

However, I disagree big time with you. If you think by reducing Celtic's ticket allocation that 'the hateful atmosphere will be cut to next to nothing' , I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

It just means that 50,000 of them will be spouting their bile instead of 42,000. The atmosphere will be just as hateful, if, not more so.

We have suffered as hateful an atmosphere there as you can get, especially recently. Look at the treatment Neil Lennon has had. It is by far, the most insidious, vile atmosphere of any ground I have been at and no away ticket allocation reduction will change that.

Until SPFL bring in appropriate rules governing the home club's responsibility it will continue. The 'hateful atmosphere' has flourished for decades and will continue for decades yet.

A sad reflection on our society.
The difficulty is that if the home club is made responsible we would be in the frame for the disgusting behaviour of away fans.

WeeRussell
28-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Away you go man. We can’t talk about them taking the huff and then say they’re not allowed to cut allocations too. Even if it is the Huns.

Derby or no derby (and our games against them essentially are - talking about atmosphere etc, it’s every bit as prominent against the old firm as it is hearts) the home team has the right to give whatever allocations they want, within the rules of the league.

There’s plenty to criticise that lot for without making things that aren’t there. It may well be in retaliation and a bit pathetic - but to say they need to reverse it for the good of the game because it’s stupid/selfish is just incorrect in my opinion.

And if it did reduce the level and volumes of bigotry (which it won’t) - you will be in the minority in here in thinking that’s a negative.

28-07-2018, 05:32 PM
They are sick of seeing a full stand of Celtic supporters lord it over them every single time in their own ground.

Bostonhibby
28-07-2018, 06:25 PM
2 cheeks (as we now know) of a different erse. One farted first and the other is piously indignant because they followed through.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibbydog
29-07-2018, 08:19 AM
I have no problem with anyone reducing the allocation of tickets to away fans. It’s within the rules and it looks after their own supporters.

Sevco are just annoyed that they didn’t think of it first.🤭

green&left
29-07-2018, 08:51 AM
They are sick of seeing a full stand of Celtic supporters lord it over them every single time in their own ground.

This. Their fans got sick of celtic turning up and ripping the pish off and on the pitch every single visit. You only need to see the petitions and campaigns on follow follow etc. Despite having 10k huns on a waiting list theyre still selling season tickets so can' all be about money...

I believe its 800 across the board now so Hibs and Aberdeen will also be affacted (we got just over 950 the last couple of visits i think)

SirDavidsNapper
29-07-2018, 08:56 AM
I wish we would cut Rangers allocation to the bare minimum. The thought of even a couple thousand of those vile cretins soiling our beautiful stadium gives me the heeve.

Keith_M
29-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I wish we would cut Rangers allocation to the bare minimum. The thought of even a couple thousand of those vile cretins soiling our beautiful stadium gives me the heeve.

I'd put 800 seats in the car park for the Rantic supporters.

SirDavidsNapper
29-07-2018, 10:47 AM

You should choose your mates more wisely 😉

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Away you go man. We can’t talk about them taking the huff and then say they’re not allowed to cut allocations too. Even if it is the Huns.

Derby or no derby (and our games against them essentially are - talking about atmosphere etc, it’s every bit as prominent against the old firm as it is hearts) the home team has the right to give whatever allocations they want, within the rules of the league.

There’s plenty to criticise that lot for without making things that aren’t there. It may well be in retaliation and a bit pathetic - but to say they need to reverse it for the good of the game because it’s stupid/selfish is just incorrect in my opinion.

And if it did reduce the level and volumes of bigotry (which it won’t) - you will be in the minority in here in thinking that’s a negative.

Its just an interesting talking point which is why I posted about it. I'm not disputing a clubs right to allocate what tickets they deem fit to away supporters, just asking the question if in certain circumstances its a good idea.

As I said in my post, for normal league games I don't see the problem, but in the case of derby matches all I was saying was that IMO it would dilute the special atmosphere these games generate which I think would be a negative. I wasn't pretending that that 'atmosphere' at the bigot fest is a positive given what drives it, but from a purely commercial view it would be kidding yourself not to recognise that that hatred is what sells the game to the global audience, a bit like formula 1 and stuff like that where like it or not its the possibility of a massive pile up that gets a lot of folk tuning in.

I'm well aware that the uglies cutting each others allocation to a pittance wont prevent the bile spewing down from the stands …. we get the same treatment at Ibrox even though there's only 900 of us … but the fact that we could give as good as we get, if not better, if we had a full stand of 7,000 is undeniable, that would make for a hell of an atmosphere would it not?

WeeRussell
30-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Its just an interesting talking point which is why I posted about it. I'm not disputing a clubs right to allocate what tickets they deem fit to away supporters, just asking the question if in certain circumstances its a good idea.

As I said in my post, for normal league games I don't see the problem, but in the case of derby matches all I was saying was that IMO it would dilute the special atmosphere these games generate which I think would be a negative. I wasn't pretending that that 'atmosphere' at the bigot fest is a positive given what drives it, but from a purely commercial view it would be kidding yourself not to recognise that that hatred is what sells the game to the global audience, a bit like formula 1 and stuff like that where like it or not its the possibility of a massive pile up that gets a lot of folk tuning in.

I'm well aware that the uglies cutting each others allocation to a pittance wont prevent the bile spewing down from the stands …. we get the same treatment at Ibrox even though there's only 900 of us … but the fact that we could give as good as we get, if not better, if we had a full stand of 7,000 is undeniable, that would make for a hell of an atmosphere would it not?

Of course it would. It still doesn't mean that the Huns are doing anything wrong or need to reverse their decision for the good of Scottish football. As I say, I'm all for any ammo against that horrible rabble, I just find it strange to think us doing the same thing was brilliant business and treating our own fans properly, but because it's Rangers they're doing something ridiculous and must reverse it :confused:

I'm Spartacus
30-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Would have loved for them to sell the usual stand to Sellick fans and for them not to buy them meaning they lose a stands worth of ticket income.