PDA

View Full Version : The last man standing....

Bob Box Fish
28-07-2018, 02:01 PM
From the heroes team that lifted the Scottish cup who will be the last one to kick a ball for Hibs:

Hibernian
25Logan
24McGregor
4Hanlon
5Fontaine
2Gray
8Fyvie
10McGeouch
18McGinn
16Stevenson
28Stokes
35Cumming

Substitutes
1Oxley
3Henderson
6Bartley
17Boyle
19Keatings
27Gunnarsson
29Dagnall

I’m going to go for Henderson as I think he will come back one day.

hibIBZ
28-07-2018, 02:04 PM
For me it will be Paul Hanlon, can see him staying for a good few years yet

HoboHarry
28-07-2018, 02:05 PM
I'll go for wee Lewis. He'll still be playing for us into his fifties...... :greengrin

danhibees1875
28-07-2018, 02:07 PM
Hanlon, McGregor, SDG, and Stevenson will see out their careers here IMO. Hanlon/Stevenson both good shouts to be the last playing.

Boyle would also be an outside chance of staying at Hibs for a while. He lacks the final touch to get a big move anywhere but he's a hard worker and loved by the fans so wouldn't be shipped out - plus he's a bit younger.

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2018, 02:17 PM
From the heroes team that lifted the Scottish cup who will be the last one to kick a ball for Hibs:

Hibernian
25Logan
24McGregor
4Hanlon
5Fontaine
2Gray
8Fyvie
10McGeouch
18McGinn
16Stevenson
28Stokes
35Cumming

Substitutes
1Oxley
3Henderson
6Bartley
17Boyle
19Keatings
27Gunnarsson
29Dagnall

I’m going to go for Henderson as I think he will come back one day.

Wow. Only 2 years ago and already 6 of the starting 11 and 5 of the 7 listed substitutes are gone...

Sir David Gray
28-07-2018, 02:21 PM
McGinn - Away soon
Bartley - Probably away at end of next season
McGregor - Possibly another 2-3 years before retiring
Gray - Another 4-5 years before retiring
Stevenson - Another 4-5 years before retiring
Hanlon - Another 6-7 years before retiring

Boyle's the only one I'm unsure about. He could quite easily be with us for the rest of his career which could be another 8-10 years but then he could also move on at some point in the next few years if he keeps improving.

If I was pushed for an answer I would say Paul Hanlon will be the last remaining member of the cup winning squad to play for Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Hanlon looks odds on for all of the reasons mentioned above. I just hope that three decades from now new players walking through the door at ER don't have to listen to folk reeling off the names of the legends from the last time we won the cup :greengrin

LancsHibs
28-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Good shout about Hendo coming back some time or possibly even Cummings

1van Sprou7e
28-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Good shout about Hendo coming back some time or possibly even Cummings

Can't see Cummings coming back tbh

Although I could see McGeouch making a return if he struggles for fitness elsewhere

SChibs
28-07-2018, 03:37 PM
McGinn - Away soon
Bartley - Probably away at end of next season
McGregor - Possibly another 2-3 years before retiring
Gray - Another 4-5 years before retiring
Stevenson - Another 4-5 years before retiring
Hanlon - Another 6-7 years before retiring

Boyle's the only one I'm unsure about. He could quite easily be with us for the rest of his career which could be another 8-10 years but then he could also move on at some point in the next few years if he keeps improving.

If I was pushed for an answer I would say Paul Hanlon will be the last remaining member of the cup winning squad to play for Hibs.

I think Gray, hanlon and Stevenson will all retire in over 4/5 years to be honest. I think Stevenson will retire late 30s and possibly the same with Hanlon. I think David Gray will move on at some point, maybe to a team like Dunfermline in a few years.

Some would argue he deserves a testimonial now but i'd give Gray one after 8 years service rather than 10 for what he's done for Hibs.

badabing67
29-07-2018, 09:09 AM
I hope whoever it is finishes with more than 1 Scottish Cup medal. I think if we keep McGinn we could win the cup again this season, let's face it he has already got a League Cup Medal and a Scottish Cup Medal which is seriously good going, I can't think of anyone else that has managed this with 2 different clubs outside the OF at the same stage of his career and he was only 21 he done it. With SJM in the side we've got to be in with a shout, surely. I am positive Lenny will get us over the line in one competition or another, seriously hoping for the Scottish Cup again though. And decent league finish. Oh and a wee run in Europe would be ok as well

erin go bragh
29-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Out of 18 players we are down to seven left .
I think Hanlon will be the last man standing but would love it to be McGinn :cb
well I can dream 😂

madabouthibs
29-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Lewis, his fitness and hardness level is unbelievable. Has he ever been out injured, or been taken off because of an injury? This lad is a rock and his fitness level will see him playing that extra couple of years, and I just can't imagine him playing for anyone else.