PDA

View Full Version : A question about Hibs TV

Bangkok Hibby
28-07-2018, 01:21 PM
I live in Thailand and work in the UK. I've been told that overseas users can see live games but in this country it's just live audio. I'm currently in UK and trying to subscribe to the monthly package but it quite clearly says "UK monthly"
Can anyone tell me how this works? Do I have to be abroad before I subscribe? That way the site will see my IP address and offer an international deal? I'm clueless here. I've messaged the site but no response on this question yet.

Appreciate any advice from those who know, or may be in the same position

Thanks

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 01:24 PM
I live in Thailand and work in the UK. I've been told that overseas users can see live games but in this country it's just live audio. I'm currently in UK and trying to subscribe to the monthly package but it quite clearly says "UK monthly"
Can anyone tell me how this works? Do I have to be abroad before I subscribe? That way the site will see my IP address and offer an international deal? I'm clueless here. I've messaged the site but no response on this question yet.

Appreciate any advice from those who know, or may be in the same position

Thanks
You need to click on your “account” once you log in. Change from overseas to U.K. not sure if there’s a difference in price?
When you are back home you have to do the reverse
If you’re not sure, send a copy of your post to
support@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’ve always found they reply promptly, and also very helpful too!

Good luck

Bangkok Hibby
28-07-2018, 01:50 PM
You need to click on your “account” once you log in. Change from overseas to U.K. not sure if there’s a difference in price?
When you are back home you have to do the reverse
If you’re not sure, send a copy of your post to
support@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’ve always found they reply promptly, and also very helpful too!

Good luck

Thanks, I'm not seeing these options. Maybe have to wait for a reply from them.

jst1875
28-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I'm not seeing these options. Maybe have to wait for a reply from them.

i dont think you get the option of an international package if you dont have an overseas ip address but i would also imagine if you had an international package and logged on in the uk you would not get to access to live video

edit . give a gift gives the option of international membership

NZ Green
28-07-2018, 02:43 PM
I subscribed from NZ and obviously got the international package. Never used it in the UK but I assume it would work via IP address as I don't remember having the UK package option.

Bangkok Hibby
28-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all replies. I'm sure it's all about IP address but intrigued to see International package is available as a gift. Don't want to mess up so I'll wait for reply from them. Possibly Monday?

WeeRussell
01-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all replies. I'm sure it's all about IP address but intrigued to see International package is available as a gift. Don't want to mess up so I'll wait for reply from them. Possibly Monday?

Hello BH - a bit off-topic. but do you know the likelihood of watching the Halloween derby in a decent boozer in Bangkok? I'm going to be in Thailand at the time. Believe it'll be about 2am over there!

cheers :aok:

7Hero
01-08-2018, 12:47 PM

you need to use a vpn regardless of the membership type in the UK. Get a free vpn, say your outwith the uk and then logon as normal , will work perfectly.

expressvpn have a free trial i think. or there are tons of free ones anyway.