PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Agyepong

Babyshamble
27-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Signing tonite according to Edinburgh evening news alerts on Facebook.

brog
27-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Signing tonite according to Edinburgh evening news alerts on Facebook.

You could be the man!

InchHibby
27-07-2018, 09:55 PM
I must admit, I’ve never heard of him, but from Man. City you just know he’ll be something special. Can’t wait to see him on the other wing. GGTTH

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:07 PM
I must admit, I’ve never heard of him, but from Man. City you just know he’ll be something special. Can’t wait to see him on the other wing. GGTTH

Cough, Ryan McGivern, cough, splutter, choke :wink:

27-07-2018, 10:10 PM

He's so fast we need 2 threads to keep up with him.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Very good. :thumbsup:

calumhibee1
27-07-2018, 10:14 PM

Fingers crossed he’ll be a good signing. Plenty dross play for these big clubs aswell though, Ryan McGivern and Islam Feruz (who is STILL at Chelsea it looks like) spring to mind!

Looks like he’s got a similar pedigree to Barker. Let’s hope he’s as good.

AZhibee
27-07-2018, 10:15 PM

One for the imminent signing and one for the failed medical.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Six days younger than Brandon Barker - both loaned out to NAC Breda, but Agyepong played a fair bit more. He also played for FC Twente before that, whereas Barker played 4 games for Rotherham. Looks like he caused PSV and Feyenoord defenders a bit of trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSo3n-sy4vA

ekhibee
28-07-2018, 12:32 AM
Purely on what I've been watching on youtube, he looks fast, skillful, and good control of the ball. Scores a few goals too. Could be a Barker-ish kind of player who scores more goals. Or he could be another Ryan McGivern. Going by this clip on youtube, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt:

https://youtu.be/YQ0Suhcmu7M

beensaidbefore
28-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Guaranteed to have a few stinkers...

Hibbyradge
28-07-2018, 12:45 AM
Guaranteed to have a few stinkers...

No need for toilet humour...

Eaststandee
28-07-2018, 02:21 AM
He looks like a great wee player from the clips. That pace will haunt a fair few defences in this league.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Austinho
28-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Purely on what I've been watching on youtube, he looks fast, skillful, and good control of the ball. Scores a few goals too. Could be a Barker-ish kind of player who scores more goals. Or he could be another Ryan McGivern. Going by this clip on youtube, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt:

https://youtu.be/YQ0Suhcmu7MNeeds to cut out the diving.

Souter96Mac
28-07-2018, 02:52 AM
Happy with this. We need a Winger in, he seems to fit the bill, I suppose time will tell but from those clips he seems quick and tricky. Keep them coming Hibs.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Cough, Ryan McGivern, cough, splutter, choke :wink:

That’s a pound for the swear jar

jonny
28-07-2018, 07:00 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-on-verge-of-deal-for-man-city-s-thomas-agyepong-1-4775157

Passed a medical.

That was in the transfer thread last night mate. I'm pleased there seems to be a bit of movement, a replacement for Barker was high on the list of priorities.
Unfortunately he won't be able to play on Thursday but I think he could turn out to be an important player this season

Smartie
28-07-2018, 07:06 AM
Ryan McGivern did very well when he was on loan.

It was only after his permanent move that it all went pear-shaped for him.

Edinburgh Green
28-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Having watched players in the past have very good YouTube highlight video that have signed and turned out to be be turkeys, I try not to put faith in them, and rather judge them in a Hibs shirt.

That being said, am I the only one who thinks he looks very average in these videos? Didn’t see much end product and seemed to show a lot of misplaced passes for a highlight video.

Anyway, welcome Thomas and I hope you turn out to be as exciting as your predecessor.

Brummie_Hibs
28-07-2018, 07:51 AM
That being said, am I the only one who thinks he looks very average in these videos? Didn’t see much end product and seemed to show a lot of misplaced passes for a highlight video.

Agreed. Happy to be proved wrong.

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Agreed. Happy to be proved wrong.

Having just watched the clips I didn’t see one missed placed pass from him?

wookie70
28-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Having watched players in the past have very good YouTube highlight video that have signed and turned out to be be turkeys, I try not to put faith in them, and rather judge them in a Hibs shirt.

Anyway, welcome Thomas and I hope you turn out to be as exciting as your predecessor.

Agreed, not much end product. Barker was similar and the loan will be to develop that experience and decision making so the speed and skill actually turns into chances and goals.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2018, 08:00 AM

I think people see what they want to see

Edinburgh Green
28-07-2018, 08:01 AM
I think people see what they want to see

So what was it that I wanted to see?

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 08:05 AM
So what was it that I wanted to see?

Misplaced passes? 🤣

DetroitHibs
28-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Is it a loan or permanent.

calumhibee1
28-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Is it a loan or permanent.

Loan I’m sure it said somewhere.

DetroitHibs
28-07-2018, 08:15 AM

Hoping it was permanent. Rumour that his contract had expired. Strange why the medical took so long too.

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 08:16 AM
Hoping it was permanent. Rumour that his contract had expired. Strange why the medical took so long too.

It mentions an injury in March so probably due to that

DetroitHibs
28-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Loans better than nothing I suppose, just be back here in 12 months probably.

southsider
28-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Yes, season long loan according to the EEN.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Loans are part of the game now until UEFA introduce rules to stop big clubs stockpiling players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangkok Hibby
28-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Looks a decent wee player. Just stay on your feet son. You create many more chances by having the ball at your feet rather than lying on the ground.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Looks a decent wee player. Just stay on your feet son. You create many more chances by having the ball at your feet rather than lying on the ground.

What if Mallan sticks the resultant free-kick in the top corner?

Greenbeard
28-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Looks a neat player and in these clips a bit more in control on the ball than BB, but agree these clips, if they are his very best bits, don't give the overall picture and could be misleading. Time will tell but quite excited.

alihibs1
28-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Excited by this. Direct replacement for Barker. Love his name aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Having just watched the clips I didn’t see one missed placed pass from him?

55eec in and 104 secs couple of misplaced passes. I mentioned on another thread it’s not exactly the best highlights video but from what I’m told Barker was telling the boys he’s the fastest player he’s seen. Let’s hope he can play too as being fast didn’t work for O’Brien. 😁

GreenCastle
28-07-2018, 09:29 AM
This will be interesting.

He’s very fast but from what I’ve seen and read Barker is the better all round player.

But like most wide players who can be hot and cold - the end product is vital - assists and crosses and like our winner against the Greeks - we need speed to get behind teams and he will give us that.

Bangkok Hibby
28-07-2018, 09:30 AM
What if Mallan sticks the resultant free-kick in the top corner?

HaHa good point! :agree: As pleased as I am to have Mallan taking free kicks though I'll stick with my point.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 09:37 AM

https://youtu.be/YQ0Suhcmu7M

I reckon he looks awful in that video :hilarious Hopefully that's not a fair reflection of what he's like

Callum_62
28-07-2018, 09:41 AM
definately not the best highlight video - certainly not of the standard of Zarabi! :greengrin

Hopeful he turns out to be a find - be great if we could get Barker back too, give us plenty of options out wide

The_Horde
28-07-2018, 09:44 AM
I reckon he looks awful in that video :hilarious Hopefully that's not a fair reflection of what he's like

You think? I see a quick player who scores a couple of goals, is a general handful with excellent pace and a few assists thrown in.

Not too bad for someone who'd been injured for most of the season.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 09:51 AM
You think? I see a quick player who scores a couple of goals, is a general handful with excellent pace and a few assists thrown in.

And he is only 21 so still got a bit of developing to do. I think it’s likely he’ll be used off the bench most weeks but will be handy to have.

scotiaf
28-07-2018, 09:56 AM
If you have pace in Scotland you will be good, you will be able to get 3-4 good chances of an assist. So one good ball out of them and you have done your job. Defenders are slower here. In the EPL all defenders are fast,hence pace is not the only commodity why you make it in England. Up until the last 2 years Motherwell always got a winger onloan from down south and always destroyed teams. Every other team has followed suit

hibbyfraelibby
28-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Looks like Man City are seeing Hibs as a development partner for their up and coming young wingers. Long may it continue.

Danny_Hibee
28-07-2018, 10:06 AM
55eec in and 104 secs couple of misplaced passes. I mentioned on another thread it’s not exactly the best highlights video but from what I’m told Barker was telling the boys he’s the fastest player he’s seen. Let’s hope he can play too as being fast didn’t work for O’Brien. 😁

Not that the highlights video is a great way to judge anyone but he doesn't even attempt to make a pass at either of those points in the video let alone misplace them. More concerning is the blatant dive at 55 seconds though.

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Not that the highlights video is a great way to judge anyone but he doesn't even attempt to make a pass at either of those points in the video let alone misplace them. More concerning is the blatant dive at 55 seconds though.

We watching the same clip? I just checked 59 secs playing in blue plays a pass over hits it keeper collects. I agree though YouTube clips offer absolutely nothing and best waiting until we see him in the flesh. I think he’ll be sub most weeks coming off the bench.

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 10:09 AM
55eec in and 104 secs couple of misplaced passes. I mentioned on another thread it’s not exactly the best highlights video but from what I’m told Barker was telling the boys he’s the fastest player he’s seen. Let’s hope he can play too as being fast didn’t work for O’Brien. ��

He gets a penalty (dive) in 55secs and is running past a defender up the left wing at 104 secs?

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 10:11 AM
We watching the same clip? I just checked 59 secs playing in blue plays a pass over hits it keeper collects. I agree though YouTube clips offer absolutely nothing and best waiting until we see him in the flesh. I think he’ll be sub most weeks coming off the bench.

Ah just seen there is another link that is broken for me - maybe that is the one you are looking at. The clip that works for me he scores a couple of crackers at the end and looks good (no misplaced passes :aok: )

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Ah just seen there is another link that is broken for me - maybe that is the one you are looking at.

I thought I was going mad 😂

GreenCastle
28-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Have we taken a risk with his injury issues also?

He seems to have played quite a few games in Holland last year but a few articles say he had injury issues.

Was out for 5 months and then a few weeks with hamstring injuries - probably common due to his speed.

Really hope the guy does well with us.

RoxburghHibs
28-07-2018, 10:15 AM
I thought I was going mad 😂

That is still up for debate :greengrin

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 10:26 AM
That is still up for debate :greengrin

😂😂 Fair point!!

jacomo
28-07-2018, 10:29 AM

My worry with loan players is that we are obliged to play them regardless of form. I hope that’s not the case.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2018, 10:29 AM

If he wins us a penalty then happy days

Barman Stanton
28-07-2018, 10:35 AM
I see Barker and Agyepong both spent time with NAC Breda. Wonder if they see us as one of the clubs used to help develop their players.

The Leith Dutch
28-07-2018, 10:39 AM
My worry with loan players is that we are obliged to play them regardless of form. I hope that’s not the case.

I know those clauses do exist but I can't see Lennon standing for that in any deals we do.

bingo70
28-07-2018, 10:42 AM
I see Barker and Agyepong both spent time with NAC Breda. Wonder if they see us as one of the clubs used to help develop their players.

See The rangers move for a young Man City player Kean Bryant (I think is his name) has fallen through at the last minute, wonder if we could step in and help the player and Man City out.

Think he’s a defensive midfielder that can also play in defence.

GloryGlory
28-07-2018, 10:44 AM
See The rangers move for a young Man City player Kean Bryant (I think is his name) has fallen through at the last minute, wonder if we could step in and help the player and Man City out.

Any reason given for the deal falling through? Rangers not paying enough? Medical issues? Rangers got another target?

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Any reason given for the deal falling through? Rangers not paying enough? Medical issues? Rangers got another target?

Medical

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Yeah some clubs do insist on that if their player is fit then he must play. Others don’t. I can’t see Lennon taking loan players that must play to be honest.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2018, 10:48 AM

He was/is due to sign permanently, will be on a 5 figure weekly wage.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Yeah, definitely fast but looks clumsy as hell, ball never looks under control. It's only a video though so we'll see, but I wouldn't say that is an impressive video at all.

The_Horde
28-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Yeah, definitely fast but looks clumsy as hell, ball never looks under control. It's only a video though so we'll see, but I wouldn't say that is an impressive video at all.

Apart from the times he absolutely rinses folk including the one when he scores with his left?

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2018, 10:54 AM
This will be interesting.

He’s very fast but from what I’ve seen and read Barker is the better all round player.

But like most wide players who can be hot and cold - the end product is vital - assists and crosses and like our winner against the Greeks - we need speed to get behind teams and he will give us that.Think a few of us are guilty of looking at Barker thru green tinted specs tbh...a lot of the time particularly 1st half of season his end product was pretty shocking too - he deffo improved as the season wore on...let's give this guy the same chance we did Brandon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Apart from the times he absolutely rinses folk including the one when he scores with his left?

Watched it last night so can't remember the specifics but just thought his touch looked poor and the ball was barely under control in the whole video, even when he was skinning folk.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Yeah, definitely fast but looks clumsy as hell, ball never looks under control. It's only a video though so we'll see, but I wouldn't say that is an impressive video at all.U really do like to rain on a parade don't u...FFS let's give the guy a chance before writing him off mate based on a you tube clip

The_Horde
28-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Think a few of us are guilty of looking at Barker thru green tinted specs tbh...a lot of the time particularly 1st half of season his end product was pretty shocking too - he deffo improved as the season wore on...let's give this guy the same chance we did Brandon

Yep. Brandon leaving the side actually spurred our good run of results as we had to change formation. Good player but tried to do it all on his own for half the season and it often slowed us down.

SirDavidsNapper
28-07-2018, 10:59 AM
I wonder if Hibs will end up with a partnership with Manchester City, similar to NAC Breda where we get a lot of their younsters on loan. They must have been impressed with Barkers development.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Yep. Brandon leaving the side actually spurred our good run of results as we had to change formation. Good player but tried to do it all on his own for half the season and it often slowed us down.Yep that's correct think he got injured in our 2nd win of season at Ibrox at start of Feb??

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 11:04 AM
U really do like to rain on a parade don't u...FFS let's give the guy a chance before writing him off mate based on a you tube clip

No, I am all for parades. I have not written him off, I'm just replying to the folk who say they thought he looked skilful in the video, I don't think it's a good video. Sorry about the parade.

Dalianwanda
28-07-2018, 11:13 AM
I mind Edwin De Graff looking amazing in his video....From that day on I've taken no interest in them..Welcome aboard Thomas, you have the pedigree, hoping your able to show it.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 11:18 AM
I mind Edwin De Graff looking amazing in his video....From that day on I've taken no interest in them..Welcome aboard Thomas, you have the pedigree, hoping your able to show it.

I reckon De Graaf lost about 90% of his pace after that footage was filmed:hilarious

pacorosssco
28-07-2018, 11:19 AM
I reckon De Graaf lost about 90% of his pace after that footage was filmed:hilarious

Should have failed medical. Common knowledge holland he was done when we signed him

GloryGlory
28-07-2018, 11:19 AM

Or maybe it was played at faster than normal speed? :greengrin :wink:

AlbertK86
28-07-2018, 11:30 AM
U really do like to rain on a parade don't u...FFS let's give the guy a chance before writing him off mate based on a you tube clip

Well said

basehibby
28-07-2018, 11:37 AM

He's as good at dribbling as you are at slavering :)

Keith_M
28-07-2018, 11:51 AM

Funny but I was thinking the same. A load of missed shots at goals and falling on his arse.

pacorosssco
28-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Funny but I was thinking the same. A load of missed shots at goals and falling on his arse.

Barker started like that.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2018, 11:56 AM
If he wins us a penalty then happy days

I hate cheating in football. No exceptions.

500miles
28-07-2018, 12:01 PM
I hate cheating in football. No exceptions.

How did you feel about Darren bursting the number 17s nose?

snooky
28-07-2018, 12:06 PM
"Accidentally" accordong to commentator. :greengrin

500miles
28-07-2018, 12:12 PM
"Accidentally" accordong to commentator. :greengrin

Absolutely accidental. He was actually trying to knock his teeth out!

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Got to be honest and say that I agree with the folk who thought at times he wasn't totally in control of the ball and looked like he was chasing it rather than running with it, and yes he did misplace and overhit some of his passes, it wasn't the most impressive 'highlights' video I've ever seen to be sure.

But what you sign up for when you take a young player on loan is the possibility that you can help square off the rough edges, make him a better player, and reap the benefit of that improvement …. you can see potential in the video, but I'm not convinced he is as quick as is being made out either, there was times he got away from his man but was still chased down … having said that, he clearly does have reasonable pace and I'm sure your average Dutch top flight defender is quicker than what we have in Scotland.

The biggest encouragement for me is that Barker didn't exactly set the heather on fire in his first few months either, but by the time he left you could see how much he had improved, so much so that his performance as a sub against Sevco when we somehow contrived to lose a game we totally dominated was one of the highlights of last season.

We need a bit of pace and trickery on the left … time and again against Asteras we got Stevenson into a one on one situation out there but he didn't have the speed or trickery to actually take on his man, that's not a criticism he had an excellent game, but he's no winger that's for sure. Lets hope Agyepong turns out to be the answer, if he's as good as Barker was that'll do for me :aok:

superfurryhibby
28-07-2018, 12:58 PM
The video suggests he has plenty of pace and likes to take a man on and that he gets fouled a lot. Seems comfortable with both feet.

It’s worth noting that he isn’t a raw youngster, he’s played something like 50 games in the Dutch league over the past couple of seasons. I’m satisfied with him as a replacement for Barker, who didn’t contribute a huge amount over the season, but did enough to have been an asset to the squad. Hopefully Tam will contribute more.

Lago
28-07-2018, 01:36 PM
He was/is due to sign permanently, will be on a 5 figure weekly wage.
Offer with drawn following medical.

Ged
28-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Has this been announced yet? There might still be time to make the club aware of the mistake they're making.

The quicker we have fan ownership and we all get a vote on who we sign the better.

Mathie out, Elephant Stone in :protest:

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Has this been announced yet? There might still be time to make the club aware of the mistake they're making.

The quicker we have fan ownership and we all get a vote on who we sign the better.

Mathie out, Elephant Stone in :protest:

Finally

IanM
28-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Passed his medical and signing on loan

Lago
28-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Keep reading that he is a young player, at 21 hesh hardly that.

hfc rd
28-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Passed his medical and signing on loan

He’s out of contract next season. Does well then could get him on a permanent deal hopefully

Sioux
28-07-2018, 03:04 PM
This thread is hilarious. Folks with no clue judging a player's abilities based on a few seconds of video clips :faf::faf:

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 03:10 PM
This thread is hilarious. Folks with no clue judging a player's abilities based on a few seconds of video clips :faf::faf:

Easily amused? Looks to me like some folk watched a video and said it's an impressive clip and other folk have watched it and said they don't agree. Hilarious eh? Nearly pished myself typing that.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Judas done the same with Hurtardo and that didn't work out too well. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
28-07-2018, 03:14 PM
First opinion. Looks like a poor mans Brandon Barker. Hard to tell on video clips though obviously

lord bunberry
28-07-2018, 03:21 PM
:agree: I’ve no even seen the video and I’ve decided he’s going to my main target of abuse this season. :greengrin

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Even is he was stinking in the video I wouldn’t read anything into it. These videos really offer nothing. As teams they are at may play a completely different way to us. Look at Flo his highlights video wasn’t great yet he’s been unreal. Same as if a player looks unreal we really won’t know until he’s in settled and played a couple of games. Hope to see him rip hearts a new one though. 😁

Hibernian32
28-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Can’t imagine city would loan us a youth player to sit on the bench for a season

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2018, 03:27 PM

Not even watched it but it’s obvious the boy’s a superstar

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Can’t imagine city would loan us a youth player to sit on the bench for a season

I think you could actually be right. He’s also been playing weekly it seems when he’s not been injured so can’t see him coming just to be a squad player. I didn’t really look into it and thought he’s just a youngster getting the odd game. 👍🏼

tamig
28-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Got to be honest and say that I agree with the folk who thought at times he wasn't totally in control of the ball and looked like he was chasing it rather than running with it, and yes he did misplace and overhit some of his passes, it wasn't the most impressive 'highlights' video I've ever seen to be sure.

But what you sign up for when you take a young player on loan is the possibility that you can help square off the rough edges, make him a better player, and reap the benefit of that improvement …. you can see potential in the video, but I'm not convinced he is as quick as is being made out either, there was times he got away from his man but was still chased down … having said that, he clearly does have reasonable pace and I'm sure your average Dutch top flight defender is quicker than what we have in Scotland.

The biggest encouragement for me is that Barker didn't exactly set the heather on fire in his first few months either, but by the time he left you could see how much he had improved, so much so that his performance as a sub against Sevco when we somehow contrived to lose a game we totally dominated was one of the highlights of last season.

We need a bit of pace and trickery on the left … time and again against Asteras we got Stevenson into a one on one situation out there but he didn't have the speed or trickery to actually take on his man, that's not a criticism he had an excellent game, but he's no winger that's for sure. Lets hope Agyepong turns out to be the answer, if he's as good as Barker was that'll do for me :aok:

On the pace point, my boy tells me that according to the City Academy stats he is actually quicker than BB.

Sioux
28-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Easily amused? Looks to me like some folk watched a video and said it's an impressive clip and other folk have watched it and said they don't agree. Hilarious eh? Nearly pished myself typing that.

More than likely

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 03:52 PM
On the pace point, my boy tells me that according to the City Academy stats he is actually quicker than BB.

Barker says he’s the fastest player he’s seen.

tamig
28-07-2018, 03:55 PM

That would be some race - with all the players in their best condition -

The two City lads
Ivan
Marty Boyle
Arthur Duncan

Real speed merchants.

Shrekko
28-07-2018, 03:56 PM

If he’s faster than B.B. when he’s actually on the ball he’ll cause damage in the SPL even if he isn’t as skilful.

I’m a mixture of excited but also gutted as it more or less confirms Barker isn’t coming back. It was always a long shot but felt he’d really light it up this season.

Jim44
28-07-2018, 03:56 PM
These player promo videos can make players look better than they are in reality. You’re looking at wave upon wave of attacks and best bits and it can flatter the player. I’m not saying we don’t have a good ‘un here but I think we have to reserve judgement.

makaveli1875
28-07-2018, 03:59 PM

The two City lads
Ivan
Marty Boyle
Arthur Duncan

Real speed merchants.

you forgot Alan O'Brien :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
28-07-2018, 03:59 PM

The two City lads
Ivan
Marty Boyle
Arthur Duncan

Real speed merchants.

Goerge McNeil would have left them all trailing in his dust.

southsider
28-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Because he was a pro at Hibs was classed as a professional so could not enter Olympic Games which was an all amateur event. Was the fastest man in the world at
one point.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2018, 04:32 PM

I don't think that's the case at all …. who more than us knows to be wary of judging a player on 5 minutes of You Tube evidence? I think the point being made is that compared to a lot of 'best bits' videos out there it wasn't exactly showing the guy to be a world beater.

I commented on the video too, but it doesn't mean to say I'm judging the guy before the event ….. I'm more than happy to wait until I see him play and I'm sure Hibs did their research before offering the guy a gig, including asking the coaches at City what they think of him. I would guess Breda wouldn't have played him more often than not if he was rank either.

snooky
28-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Because he was a pro at Hibs was classed as a professional so could not enter Olympic Games which was an all amateur event. Was the fastest man in the world at
one point.

Handy if you live in Tranent. :wink:

HoboHarry
28-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Handy if you live in Tranent.:wink:
Made me laugh out loud......:top marks

Allant1981
28-07-2018, 04:35 PM
one point.

was the fastest professional sprinter im sure, slightly different to the guys who were running at thw olympics etc at the time, still a fine achievement none the less

A Hi-Bee
28-07-2018, 04:39 PM
one point.

Seem to remember him scoring a goal direct from a corner at the Dunbar end in a game that Hibs won by 9 or 10. Night game it may even have been 11 the final score.

weecounty hibby
28-07-2018, 04:45 PM
was the fastest professional sprinter im sure, slightly different to the guys who were running at thw olympics etc at the time, still a fine achievement none the less
No, at one point he was the fastest man on the planet over 100m I’m sure. The record is only for those who were classed as amateur at that time. I think the fact that he had competed in the Powderhall sprint and Highland games where money is awarded stopped him competing at the olympics. I have seen him speaking a couple of times and I’m sure that’s what he said. I am currently pissed at the side of a pool in Portugal so all of the above could be total nonsense!!

BoomtownHibees
28-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Keep reading that he is a young player, at 21 hesh hardly that.

21 isn’t young??

Elephant Stone
28-07-2018, 04:48 PM
More than likely

:applause:

Unseen work
28-07-2018, 04:59 PM
He may be quicker than Brandon in a foot race, running with the ball is a different skill though which Brandon was brilliant at.

I’m not going to judge him on videos as doing it with players in the past has proved pointless....Kamberi, De Graaf etc etc

hfc rd
28-07-2018, 04:59 PM
If he’s faster than B.B. when he’s actually on the ball he’ll cause damage in the SPL even if he isn’t as skilful.

I’m a mixture of excited but also gutted as it more or less confirms Barker isn’t coming back. It was always a long shot but felt he’d really light it up this season.

I’m sure we would have enquired to take Barker again this season but City might have had a few enquiries from English Championship clubs that are wanting Barker as well and willing to pay more in terms of wage percentage than we could.

Shrekko
28-07-2018, 05:05 PM
He may be quicker than Brandon in a foot race, running with the ball is a different skill though which Brandon was brilliant at.

It wasn’t even just straight line running speed he had on the ball- it was his ability to twist and turn so quickly without slowing his step. Nobody seeemed to be able to get near him even when he was dribbling at walking pace. Real shame we don’t have him back.

Allant1981
28-07-2018, 05:25 PM
No, at one point he was the fastest man on the planet over 100m I’m sure. The record is only for those who were classed as amateur at that time. I think the fact that he had competed in the Powderhall sprint and Highland games where money is awarded stopped him competing at the olympics. I have seen him speaking a couple of times and I’m sure that’s what he said. I am currently pissed at the side of a pool in Portugal so all of the above could be total nonsense!!

cant find anything on google apart from he was the fastest professional as i thought, the IAAF records are completely different, he couldnt compete at the commonwealth games or olympics as he played 1 game for hibs

weecounty hibby
28-07-2018, 05:29 PM
cant find anything on google apart from he was the fastest professional as i thought, the IAAF records are completely different

As I’m a lazy ******* and a wee bit pissed what was his record time against that of the IAAF amateurs in the same years? Thanks in advance as I’m amazed that anything I’m typing is making sense. Happy hour has just finished at poolside🍺🍺

Allant1981
28-07-2018, 05:40 PM
As I’m a lazy ******* and a wee bit pissed what was his record time against that of the IAAF amateurs in the same years? Thanks in advance as I’m amazed that anything I’m typing is making sense. Happy hour has just finished at poolside🍺🍺

he ran 120 yards when he broke the record not 100m, and that was 11.14 secs, the 100m record for the same time was 9.95,so very similar, wish i was by the poolside also!!

weecounty hibby
28-07-2018, 05:49 PM
he ran 120 yards when he broke the record not 100m, and that was 11.14 secs, the 100m record for the same time was 9.95,so very similar, wish i was by the poolside also!!
Cheers for that! Bet your glad your no near me at the pool I’m talking some utter pish now🍺🍺. I should be allowed near happy hours!!

Mick O'Rourke
28-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Handy if you live in Tranent. :wink:

You were quick of the mark there:wink:

George was the best thing to come out of Turnent along with the 26 bus !

George may well have won an Olympic medal had he been selected for the UK team.
Having already ran for prize money,he disqualified himself from selection.

Changed days when you see the huge amounts of money athletes get now.
Some get fortunes for just turning up to events.

A Hi-Bee
28-07-2018, 05:53 PM
cant find anything on google apart from he was the fastest professional as i thought, the IAAF records are completely different, he couldnt compete at the commonwealth games or olympics as he played 1 game for hibs

Pretty sure he played more than one game for Hibs, (Could be wrong it was more than a wee while ago) I thought it was more to do with the fact that he had competed in the Powderhall Sprint (110 yards) and he was paid for this, in them days Amateur was meant to mean no payment allowed, the Olympics were of course amateur at the time.

Allant1981
28-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure he played more than one game for Hibs, (Could be wrong it was more than a wee while ago) I thought it was more to do with the fact that he had competed in the Powderhall Sprint (110 yards) and he was paid for this, in them days Amateur was meant to mean no payment allowed, the Olympics were of course amateur at the time.

almost certain his only game for the first team was against st johnstone, sure he done an interview once saying this was the reason, was a while ago though so i may be wrong

HibbyAndy
28-07-2018, 06:03 PM
one point.

Who we on about here ?:confused:

SideBurns
28-07-2018, 06:14 PM

Benjamin Barracus Poncito Manioso Brazil

lapsedhibee
28-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Goerge McNeil

HibbyAndy
28-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Benjamin Barracus Poncito Manioso Brazil

:rolleyes:

Goerge McNeil

:aok:

Thecat23
28-07-2018, 07:04 PM

I know if he can go at that pace and be good on the ball we’ll have a player. Yeah be great to have BB back. But not sure this will happen now.

SideBurns
28-07-2018, 07:46 PM
:rolleyes:

:aok:

Sorry - took a drink related, afternoon session daft turn 😀

WhileTheChief..
28-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Not read the whole thread.

Are we getting him on loan, signing him, it’s not happening or no one knows?!

GordonHFC
28-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Not read the whole thread.

Are we getting him on loan, signing him, it’s not happening or no one knows?!

Yes to all.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Yes to all.

The ITK posters are a little less ITK than usual

I’m happy that Hibs are professional and play their cards close to their chest but I’m also a whore for gossip so....

Austinho
28-07-2018, 11:35 PM
To the tune of Agadoo. Probably not my most PC effort, but not many rhyming options!

Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
He is quick, and he is strong
Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
Probably has a giant schlong
On the left, on the right,
He is ****ing dynamite.
He is green, he is white,
and he makes the Hearts look sh*te.

heretoday
29-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Agyepong should be raring to go. He's hardly played many first-class games in his career so far.

heretoday
29-07-2018, 06:29 AM
He only played a couple of games. His trick was almost scoring direct from corners. He did this twice I recall in one home game.
He wasn't a great player really.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Sorry - took a drink related, afternoon session daft turn 😀

Aken that feeling well mate all good :greengrin

stantonsboots
29-07-2018, 07:29 AM

The two City lads
Ivan
Marty Boyle
Arthur Duncan

Real speed merchants.you forgot Forrest Gump (Alan O'Brien) he's faster than them all!

Sammy7nil
29-07-2018, 07:36 AM
To the tune of Agadoo. Probably not my most PC effort, but not many rhyming options!

Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
He is ****ing dynamite.

Good effort :greengrin

Hibee Mac
29-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
Aggg-ye-pong pong pong
He is ****ing dynamite.

Would be a good one for starting really slow and speeding up throughout then repeat.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2018, 10:59 AM

I didn't see the incident because the ball was away or I was watching the ref so I can't comment on it.

Until now, I didn't even know that had happened.

Do you like cheating in football?

Hibbyradge
29-07-2018, 11:01 AM
:agree: I’ve no even seen the video and I’ve decided he’s going to my main target of abuse this season. :greengrin

I've not seen the video and I think he's fantastic.

CapitalGreen
29-07-2018, 11:16 AM
I didn't see the incident because the ball was away or I was watching the ref so I can't comment on it.

If it benefits Hibs I 💚 it.

Northernhibee
29-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Why do goals suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
He’s fast and strong
At the Hibees on loan
Agyepong

Na na na na na
Agyepong

500miles
29-07-2018, 12:12 PM

I think my original post came across a bit more pointed than intended!

I think there's a hysteria around diving. We don't get as upset about teams constantly putting in niggly fouls, which ruins the game as much as anything.

I think overall, football has it's dark arts. There are grey areas. Going down easy is fair game when the defender unfairly gains an advantage by impeding attacker illegally for example.

500miles
29-07-2018, 12:16 PM

I'd also add that I took great satisfaction from McGregor turning the tables on the big man bun wearing thug!

basehibby
29-07-2018, 08:22 PM
No word on this guy then?
Word was that he was signing on Fri night - and then ....nothing!

So - are we signing Agyepong? Or has the News just got it wrong?!?

Ryan69
29-07-2018, 08:25 PM

I dont understand it either..

How long does it actually take to sign someone we are clearly interested in?

Jim44
29-07-2018, 08:27 PM

Nitkers give Itkers a bad name.

Baw187
I dont understand it either..

How long does it actually take to sign someone we are clearly interested in?

He’s Ghanaian and there is red tape and international clearance to get through. That was pretty much detailed in the article I think.

hibsbollah
I think my original post came across a bit more pointed than intended!

I think there's a hysteria around diving. We don't get as upset about teams constantly putting in niggly fouls, which ruins the game as much as anything.

I think overall, football has it's dark arts. There are grey areas. Going down easy is fair game when the defender unfairly gains an advantage by impeding attacker illegally for example.

This is where I'm at. The rotational fouling tactic is a bigger blight on the game and doesn't receive the same semi xenophobic hysteria as diving does.

Jim44
29-07-2018, 08:34 PM
He’s Ghanaian and there is red tape and international clearance to get through. That was pretty much detailed in the article I think.

You’re maybe correct but, given he belongs to a British club, you would think things like international clearance would be straight forward.

bingo70
29-07-2018, 08:34 PM
This is where I'm at. The rotational fouling tactic is a bigger blight on the game and doesn't receive the same semi xenophobic hysteria as diving does.

Completely agree. I’ve been banging this drum for a while. Imo after a teams 4th or 5th yellow card the team should lose a player.

On a similar note, I always laugh at people branding Maradona a cheat, every week he had players trying to kick him up and down and in many cases try to really hurt him.......yet he’s the one labelled a cheat for hand balling it once (I appreciate there may be other reasons for that reputation, the hand ball is the main one though)

Anyway, gone off on a bit of a tangent there. Think Agyepong will be good and the delay is being caused by us bringing someone else in as well and we’ll announce both tomorrow. That’s just a guess though

CapitalGreen
29-07-2018, 08:36 PM
You’re maybe correct but, given he belongs to a British club, you would think things like international clearance would be straight forward.

The respective FA offices closed over the weekend?

Col2
29-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Confirmed on Monday. He wouldn’t be having a medical if we hadn’t agreed with club and player.

Dr Jimmy
29-07-2018, 09:18 PM

100%. If we are ever to develop exciting players they must be free to flourish without the fear of being sythed down every time they start to run.

The number of attempts Hamilton had at kicking Barker when he broke last season was disgraceful and nobody batted an eyelid.

Most of the bottom 6 do it and Aberdeen defo did it in the first game at ER last season. It’s a disgrace!!

Greenbeard
03-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Probs already reported in another thread but thought I'd bring the specific thread back to the top.
"Just waiting on paperwork" says NL on Hibs TV

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Agree with this completely. Tactical fouls are my biggest bug bear (except when we do them!).

Need some sort of orange card for them - worse than a booking, but not quite red card.

bingo70
07-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Now listed as a hibs player on the UEFA app.

Been given squad number 17 so got to assume we’ll get that signing confirmed today.

theonlywayisup
07-08-2018, 06:28 AM

Been given squad number 17 so got to assume we’ll get that signing confirmed today.

:agree: UEFA listing him along with Maclaren

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/clubs/club=52821/squad/

mayo hibee
07-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Suggests we registered him before the UEFA deadline maybe? So maybe not using up one of our wildcard spots for the Molde tie.

Mitch9
07-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the UEFA link! Darren Mac Gregor 33. God time flies.

Diclonius
07-08-2018, 07:49 AM

We'll, it is Tuesday.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 07:55 AM
We'll, it is Tuesday.

😉

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 08:16 AM
We'll, it is Tuesday.

Is it not usually a Friday that's quoted as the day for announcements? :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
07-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Do we know when the deadline is for registering players to play against Molde?

Springbank
07-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Is it not usually a Friday that's quoted as the day for announcements? :greengrin

Bleed Green changed the rules.

Bleed Green changed all the rules...

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Do we know when the deadline is for registering players to play against Molde?

11pm on Wed

Colr
07-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Home office hostile environment policy kicking in?

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Home office hostile environment policy kicking in?

Maybe.

Maybe it's just they're not very good or efficient and don't give a toss, either way.

CMurdoch
08-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the UEFA link! Darren Mac Gregor 33. God time flies.

It was his 33rd birthday yesterday so he is the youngest 33 year old about

CMurdoch
08-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Maybe.

Maybe it's just they're not very good or efficient and don't give a toss, either way.

It is a pain especially as he belongs to and is being signed from a British team

HibsTYT
08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Got high hopes for Agyepong, feel that some of the excitement around him was lost with how long it took for an official announcement.

Really looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. Love a player with pace.

badabing67
08-08-2018, 11:40 AM
:agree: UEFA listing him along with Maclaren

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/clubs/club=52821/squad/

Anybody know why Rocky is not on the list

BlackSheep
08-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Anybody know why Rocky is not on the list

He is injured so no point in taking up a roster place until he is fit again