PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section Last night.

marinello59
27-07-2018, 06:57 PM
They were absolutely fantastic. Even my cynical old heart was lifted.

Barney McGrew
27-07-2018, 06:59 PM
What was with the stag doo style matching t-shirts on the front row though?

marinello59
27-07-2018, 07:02 PM
What was with the stag doo style matching t-shirts on the front row though?

Young guys having fun? I vaguely remember that. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
27-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Young guys having fun? I vaguely remember that. :greengrin

Lies :greengrin

Future17
27-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah, cracking effort last night and no doubt in my mind it inspires the rest of the support and, in turn, the players.

P.S. I was in the East.

cam75
27-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Was sat in lower section with my son (14) asked if we can sit up there next game,was bouncing 💚
Ggtth

Waxy
27-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Looked brilliant from the west. The heads went down at 0-2 but after Effes goal you were on top form (has the drummer taken drumming lessons?)The east usual singing section also belted it out a few times. Great night.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2018, 07:10 PM
I think the singing section do a great job every week!

hibbymark
27-07-2018, 07:11 PM
I sit near the middle of the west stand so probably slightly further away from the singing section than the fans who sit in section 42,43 and 44 in the east.

My my point is that the singing section seem to do their own thing (often a completely different song) when the guys in the east are singing loudly like last night . The whole thing seems disjointed even if it’s the same song one stand is a full verse ahead or behind.

Not a criticism from my graveyard seat in the west, just a observation that the singing section don’t seem keen to join in with the majority of singers from the east and kind of plough a lone forow from the acoustically challenged top corner of the famous 5.

RyeSloan
27-07-2018, 07:28 PM
I sit near the middle of the west stand so probably slightly further away from the singing section than the fans who sit in section 42,43 and 44 in the east.

My my point is that the singing section seem to do their own thing (often a completely different song) when the guys in the east are singing loudly like last night . The whole thing seems disjointed even if it’s the same song one stand is a full verse ahead or behind.

Not a criticism from my graveyard seat in the west, just a observation that the singing section don’t seem keen to join in with the majority of singers from the east and kind of plough a lone forow from the acoustically challenged top corner of the famous 5.

I think this point has been made many many times and no matter what people say this ‘disconnect’ has not helped the atmosphere.

Thankfully the East and the 1875 guys do a fine job anyway so the atmosphere is still good....but I think most folk know that if somehow the 1875 team could be moved to the middle of the FF (or back to the East or into the new filled in safe standing corner between them..) then that would defo be a benefit and we could crank up the noise even more.

Onceinawhile
27-07-2018, 08:39 PM
I sit in the ff lower and they were very noisy.

I have also sit in the south end of the east and could hear them loud and clear. I can't understand how people can't hear them.

Iggy Pope
27-07-2018, 08:48 PM
I think this point has been made many many times and no matter what people say this ‘disconnect’ has not helped the atmosphere.

Thankfully the East and the 1875 guys do a fine job anyway so the atmosphere is still good....but I think most folk know that if somehow the 1875 team could be moved to the middle of the FF (or back to the East or into the new filled in safe standing corner between them..) then that would defo be a benefit and we could crank up the noise even more.

Some call and response would be tremendous in our place. I was at a ***** Croatia v Belarus tie while on holiday in Zagreb a few years back and two Croat stands made an atmosphere out of nothing.

BigT-Hibeez
27-07-2018, 09:01 PM
I used to go to Spurs games when I lived in London, and they had a great banter singalong from one stand to another

https://youtu.be/fYT8I0bsvjY

SGHIBEE
27-07-2018, 09:14 PM

Was sitting in the East section 43 for the Runavik game and could barely hear a word from the north singing section.

Sat in West last night directly across from section 43 and the noise difference was unreal.

Great effort but feel they’d be more effective back in the east or lower north

The Pointer
27-07-2018, 09:25 PM
I used to go to Spurs games when I lived in London, and they had a great banter singalong from one stand to another

https://youtu.be/fYT8I0bsvjY

Some great chants there and think we could sing,

"I love Flo Kamberi.
Flo Kamberi loves me.
I love Flo Kamberi.
Flo Kamberi loves me."

to the tune of 'Land of Hope and Glory'.

badabing67
27-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Mmm doesn't work for me that one. I'll pass

green leaves
27-07-2018, 10:44 PM
**** the hearts to the tune of the kids song baby shark would be a winner

SquashedFrogg
27-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Mmm doesn't work for me that one. I'll pass

So why comment if it doesn't work for you?

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2018, 12:20 AM
I loved their rendition of Turnbulls Tornadoes ! Do they have song sheets ? Do they do requests ? Someone was on this or another thread asking for We are Hibernian FC!

:thumbsup:

H18 SFR
28-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Anyone know if many of the 1875 lads are going to Greece?

BoomtownHibees
28-07-2018, 08:09 AM
The singing section were good again but the atmosphere in the whole ground was decent as well. Went a bit quiet, as expected, when 2-0 down but changed along with the way the team came out and started the 2nd half

Hibee Mac
28-07-2018, 08:13 AM
I like having the two seperate sections who like to sing more than the rest.

Would people prefer we had one stand that all sang and the rest of the stadium preferred not to?

It spreads round the noise and imo made the atmosphere on Thursday even better.

Not In The Know
28-07-2018, 08:18 AM

Having more than one section of the ground generating noise is a good thing. Keep it up boys.

Chuck Rhoades
28-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Anyone know if many of the 1875 lads are going to Greece?

20+

GreenCastle
28-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Having more than one section of the ground generating noise is a good thing. Keep it up boys.

Agreed - it’s good spreading the noise out in a roundabout way.

Also any plans for displays this season?

H18 SFR
28-07-2018, 09:11 AM
20+

Drummer?

MyJo
28-07-2018, 09:16 AM

:faf:

Onceinawhile
28-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Hahahahahahaha.

F*** the hearts
Do do do do

Chuck Rhoades
28-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Drummer?

Yes

28-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Yes

Magic news can’t wait

RoscoHibby
28-07-2018, 10:48 AM

🤣🤣🤣 this would be hilarious!!

Albanian Hibs
28-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Yes

Would love to be on their flight 🎶🥁🎶

Albanian Hibs
28-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Brilliant 😂😂😂

green leaves
28-07-2018, 11:14 AM
🤣🤣🤣 this would be hilarious!!

I sing it in my head all the time lol

Austinho
28-07-2018, 11:31 AM
I can’t get it out of my head!

**** the Hearts do do do do do do **** the Hearts!

Keith_M
28-07-2018, 11:35 AM
I actually though BOTH singing sections were amazing. The atmosphere overall was really good.

:thumbsup:

RoscoHibby
28-07-2018, 01:22 PM
I sing it in my head all the time lol

I now have been the last couple of hours 😂😂