PDA

View Full Version : Greeks second goal

steelendhibs
27-07-2018, 10:01 AM
I think Bogdan is taking unfounded criticism for their second goal. Was an absolute worldy. The first goal On the other hand.....

Heisenberg
27-07-2018, 10:03 AM
I think Bogdan is taking unfounded criticism for their second goal. Was an absolute worldy. The first goal On the other hand.....

I thought it was a howler when I first saw it but on more viewings it’s a fantastic strike that goes in off the post.

Bob Box Fish
27-07-2018, 10:07 AM
I think he should have saved it he was positionally correct no idea how he never got a hand to it? That was prime rocky material that shot.

JDHibs
27-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Probably because he dives with his hands over a foot apart. A strike like that would need to hands to it.

Hes conceded 9 goals in 4 games and seeing them half of he should have done better, atleast.

Jones28
27-07-2018, 10:09 AM
I think he should have saved it he was positionally correct no idea how he never got a hand to it? That was prime rocky material that shot.

How can you not see it was such a well hit shot? The ball moves in the air, away from Bogdan and clips the post. Possibly the best goal I've seen an away team score at Easter road.

Geo_1875
27-07-2018, 10:11 AM
How can you not see it was such a well hit shot? The ball moves in the air, away from Bogdan and clips the post. Possibly the best goal I've seen an away team score at Easter road.

I was almost in line with a view from behind the striker an can't see how it could be saved. You just accept those and applaud the scorer.

Eaststand
27-07-2018, 10:14 AM
I was almost in line with a view from behind the striker an can't see how it could be saved. You just accept those and applaud the scorer.

Yep, it was a top drawer finish, so although I'm not 100% convinced by our new goalie, I'll not be holding that goal against him

GGTTH

guthrie01
27-07-2018, 10:18 AM
It was a great strike from the Greek boy but a good goalkeeper (Rocky) could of saved it quite easily especially given his positioning for it.

calumhibee1
27-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Don’t think the second was his fault as such but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Rocky save it. I feel Bogdan may be one of these goalies who just doesn’t really save very much.

Elephant Stone
27-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Don’t think the second was his fault as such but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Rocky save it. I feel Bogdan may be one of these goalies who just doesn’t really save very much.

Gives you something to talk about at least :thumbsup:

The_Horde
27-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Our manager reckons it was a howler.

The_Horde
27-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Reminds me of Oxley in that sense. Shot stopping is the most basic trait of a keeper and they're useless without it.

Brightside
27-07-2018, 10:28 AM
It was a howler from our players trying to close him down...Mallan and then SW. Both very poor for the goal.

horseflesh
27-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Can’t blame Bogdan if you’re not going to have a go at Mallan. Then again he was only try to cover for the Slivka/Ambrose mess in the 1st half.
Lost that goal as a team

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Yep because it was. Lennon knows it, most of the Hibs fans know it. It’s very simple really.

Geo_1875
27-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Yep because it was. Lennon knows it, most of the Hibs fans know it. It’s very simple really.

It was a howler from every outfield player on the right hand defensive area. It was a howler from Lennon for choosing that formation and those players. I don't think it was a howler from Bogdan.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 10:41 AM
It was a howler from every outfield player on the right hand defensive area. It was a howler from Lennon for choosing that formation and those players. I don't think it was a howler from Bogdan.

Agree with all that, but it’s still a howler from Bogdan.

marinello59
27-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Agree with all that, but it’s still a howler from Bogdan.

You obviously didn’t see the way the ball moved from your viewpoint. That the striker has time to hit a knuckleball in open play is the real howler.

marinello59
27-07-2018, 10:50 AM

He didn’t say that.

easty
27-07-2018, 10:57 AM
The boys hit it well, but it should never have ended up in the back of the net. Bogdan should have kept that out, he's so slow to move to it. He's in the right position, but it takes him forever to actually dive. Poor goalkeeping.

johnbc70
27-07-2018, 11:00 AM
He had full view of it so a decent goalie would have saved it. If his view was impeded then maybe that's a factor but from what I saw it was not, he should be saving that.

makaveli1875
27-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Rocky would have saved that

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I thought at the time it looked like it went right down the middle of his goals.. having just watched the highlights, it's a superb strike and Bogdan isn't to blame. First one was poor though.

Other thing I noticed is Kamberi definitely looks offside for the winner. I looked anxiously straight at the linesman when it went in, but actually thought he was probably on. Not so sure now :greengrin

Oh and the commentator of the bbc highlights is trying to give the goal to Boyle too... definitely the big man and his erse :agree:

Callyballybe
27-07-2018, 11:13 AM
I thought at the time it looked like it went right down the middle of his goals.. having just watched the highlights, it's a superb strike and Bogdan isn't to blame. First one was poor though.

Other thing I noticed is Kamberi definitely looks offside for the winner. I looked anxiously straight at the linesman when it went in, but actually thought he was probably on. Not so sure now :greengrin

Oh and the commentator of the bbc highlights is trying to give the goal to Boyle too... definitely the big man and his erse :agree:

I was exactly the same. Had a very delayed reaction to our winner as I looked straight at the linesman first. Made up for it though!

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2018, 11:22 AM
The second was well hit, but Bogdan was well positioned and had a clear view of it, he could and should have done better IMO .. As for the first, an absolute howler no question.

CentreLine
27-07-2018, 11:38 AM
I thought it was a howler when I first saw it but on more viewings it’s a fantastic strike that goes in off the post.

It is the lead up to that goal that worried me much more than the failure to save the rocket. The ball came across from the right and he should have commanded the situation. Instead he lost his position and floundered about his goal area. He then looks completely lost as to where he is and does not set himself for the inevitable shot that follows. Far too many errors in that one incident for my liking

SChibs
27-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Folk are getting a bit carried away I think. A keeper can make a mistake or could do better with shots without them being 'howlers'. A howler is a very bad glaring error rather than something he 'probably should have saved'.

De Gea At the world cup vs Portugal is a howler and isn't comparable to Bogdans attempt at the 2nd goal at all really.

Hibee Mac
27-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Call it what you want, he should have saved it given his starting position and the clear line of sight.

soupy
27-07-2018, 11:51 AM
If it was Mallan or any other Hibs player it would be regarded as a candidate for goal of the season, imo, yes chucked the first in but should be cut a bit slack for the second...

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2018, 11:54 AM
You obviously didn’t see the way the ball moved from your viewpoint. That the striker has time to hit a knuckleball in open play is the real howler.

did he? Watching the replay, I'm not sure it didn't take a wee nick of SW's foot as he fails to block the shot. I think that would cause similar movement?

hughio
27-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Keeper had the right to expect Whittaker to put his foot in and stop the shot or at least get in the way

Greenbeard
27-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Agree. My initial thoughts were not to criticise Bogdan (again), but to think we should be trying to sign their 77!

davym7062
27-07-2018, 12:09 PM
It was a howler from our players trying to close him down...Mallan and then SW. Both very poor for the goal.

Nail on head!!

snooky
27-07-2018, 12:12 PM

This. FWIW, I think the goalie is a huddy however, these two were to blame 100% for the 2nd goal.

Hibs Class
27-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Would it make a difference to an offside decision that their goalie played the ball to Flo?

jgl07
27-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Would it make a difference to an offside decision that their goalie played the ball to Flo?
He certainly wasn’t interfering with play up to the pint where the goalkeeper saved the shot.

I would have thought that makes him onside.

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2018, 12:47 PM

No, the ball rebounding off the goalie doesn't count as a new phase.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Flo was not offside.

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Judging by distance from the 6 yard line, looks like the guy in the middle is in line with Flo.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 02:32 PM

This actually entered my head earlier today when posting - then I thought nah it would be ridiculous in the ruling if you could stand miles offside just waiting for rebounds from keeper's saves.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Judging by distance from the 6 yard line, looks like the guy in the middle is in line with Flo.

Could be correct actually - looks like maye even better than level from that shot. Thought it looked tighter in video (and live for that matter).

To be fair, now I'm replying.. you can see how he looks offside in the small picture, but when you open up the pic and see the legs in relation to the line, it's very different.

Regardless, I'm no caring... 3-2!! :greengrin

Keith_M
27-07-2018, 08:28 PM
Yep, it was a top drawer finish, so although I'm not 100% convinced by our new goalie, I'll not be holding that goal against him

GGTTH

:agree:

It was a cracking goal and we'd all be raving about if a Hibs player scored one like that.

AZhibee
27-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Concur.