PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV - Replays

Brummie_Hibs
27-07-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm just watching the full match, and I'm finding the instant replays after a goal/chance to be quite annoying.

The replays seem to be shown a split second after the event. The build up to their second goal was missed, and the camera only caught the ball as it was flying into the net, and David Gray's goal celebrations was also missed - I enjoy seeing celebrations.

Can the TV Editor not wait until a good break in play before showing them?

Minor gripe...but....

Peevemor
27-07-2018, 10:07 AM
I think they have a button which automatically "rewinds" 5-10 seconds. If they wait too long the highlight will be missed. You have to remember that it's a pretty cheap, therefore low budget service. I think the quality is superb for what I pay.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 10:11 AM
I'm just watching the full match, and I'm finding the instant replays after a goal/chance to be quite annoying.

The replays seem to be shown a split second after the event. The build up to their second goal was missed, and the camera only caught the ball as it was flying into the net, and David Gray's goal celebrations was also missed - I enjoy seeing celebrations.

Can the TV Editor not wait until a good break in play before showing them?

Minor gripe...but....I sent in feedback/complaint as it spoiled a lot of the viewing. Encourage you to do the same. Missed their 2nd goal, and they often showed replays when Hibs were still on the attack and meant we missed the action.

I rely on watching Hibs TV for all the games, and it’s a good service - never had this issue before.

hibbysam
27-07-2018, 10:12 AM
They also missed Whitaker’s chance from the corner. One of our best chances.

Peevemor
27-07-2018, 10:15 AM
No they didn't. I saw it plus a replay.

hibbysam
27-07-2018, 10:17 AM
No they didn't. I saw it plus a replay.

On the match highlights?

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Just watched the first half replayed on HIBS TV still ended up 0-2 was so annoyed felt like walking out! :wink:

SJNB Hibby
27-07-2018, 02:40 PM
I think they have a button which automatically "rewinds" 5-10 seconds. If they wait too long the highlight will be missed. You have to remember that it's a pretty cheap, therefore low budget service. I think the quality is superb for what I pay.

It WAS infuriating, and I've never seen it like that before. Normally replays are shown at a convenient time
Otherwise excellent coverage:aok:

RoYO!
27-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Paid for the one off monthly sub as I am in Italy. The quality of stream was dire for me. Not even keeping the sound going. Missed the vast majority of it and what I did see was Uber pixelated. Meanwhile other vids on hibs tv, YouTube and other streams work fine.

It would be good if I could either run a speed test prior to payment to see if the signal will be up to it. Or allow users to switch to audio only if the stream is not up to scratch or allow the user to pause and buffer- even tho it will no longer be live. Not a major moan- before anyone jumps on this! Enjoyed reading the match thread :P

TheMentalHibees
27-07-2018, 03:33 PM
If you watch the pitchside highlights they have the full celebrations there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
27-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Paid for the one off monthly sub as I am in Italy. The quality of stream was dire for me. Not even keeping the sound going. Missed the vast majority of it and what I did see was Uber pixelated. Meanwhile other vids on hibs tv, YouTube and other streams work fine.

It would be good if I could either run a speed test prior to payment to see if the signal will be up to it. Or allow users to switch to audio only if the stream is not up to scratch or allow the user to pause and buffer- even tho it will no longer be live. Not a major moan- before anyone jumps on this! Enjoyed reading the match thread :PThis is a strange one. I don't know enough (anything in fact) about the techie side which would explain why a YouTube stream will work when another one won't. For what it's worth, my stream was impeccable last night. The whole match on HD without a hint of buffering.

Peevemor
27-07-2018, 03:37 PM
On the match highlights?No, the live stream. And the OP was from someone watching the full match.

RoYO!
27-07-2018, 05:11 PM

It would be good if I could either run a speed test prior to payment to see if the signal will be up to it. Or allow users to switch to audio only if the stream is not up to scratch or allow the user to pause and buffer- even tho it will no longer be live. Not a major moan- before anyone jumps on this! Enjoyed reading the match thread :P

Hamish
27-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Anyone know the title of the music playing on the very well produced Asteras Matchday video on HTV?

Wull
27-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I must admit last night was the worst stream I have had and also missed the whitty attempt and their second goal, however the facebook stream was glitch free stream wise, not sure how that works, also the commentators sounded like different people on the facebook v hibs tv streams. :confused: