PDA

View Full Version : Bogdan

scooby
27-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Should never have been beaten at his near post for their first goal, and i feel he should have done better with the second.
His distribution is pretty good though.
Really need Rocky back asap.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Get rid...soon please.

Bob Box Fish
27-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Anyone else think he looks like Ed Sheeran ?

Onion
27-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Not convinced by Bogdan and last night did nothing to help. How has he been capped by Hungary ? No presence, poor positioning and gives away cheap goals.

If Lennon has an alternative, he needs to seriously consider for the next game. The Greeks will be targeting Efe and Bogdan at every opp.

Hibee Mac
27-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Send him packing asap.

hibbysam
27-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Not convinced by Bogdan and last night did nothing to help. How has he been capped by Hungary ? No presence, poor positioning and gives away cheap goals.

If Lennon has an alternative, he needs to seriously consider for the next game. The Greeks will be targeting Efe and Bogdan at every opp.

Hope they target Efe as they’ll have no luck. He was exposed due to having no RWB cover due to playing Vik there first half.

Smartie
27-07-2018, 09:02 AM
I'm not convinced by him, but tbh I think it's his body language as much as anything. His head looks down, he looks short of confidence (which is probably no surprise if you're a Liverpool keeper on loan at Hibs losing bucketloads of goals).

The first goal last night was very poor, and the first goal in the Faroes was a bit suspect.

Other than that though I don't think he's been all that culpable.

I'm not sure how good he is at commanding his area though, and I'm not convinced he has the full trust of his defenders.

lucky
27-07-2018, 09:03 AM
I don’t think he’s any better than Laidlaw. Even with Rocky injured I still he was a poor signing and a waste of the managers budget. He was definitely at fault for the first goal and should have done better at the second

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2018, 09:03 AM
First goal was awful. Second the jury is out without other angles but he had plenty of time to see it. No news on Rocky being fit unfortunately.

Michael
27-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Laidlaw is infinitely better.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:10 AM

no he isnt

Scottie
27-07-2018, 09:12 AM
His performance in the league cup semi against Sellick tells you differently

Iain G
27-07-2018, 09:12 AM
This is his what, third game back after a seriously long lay off from the game, goalkeepers really just need matches to get their focus and everything back to a level. If we needed goalkeeping cover to come in and hit the ground running perhaps Bogdan wasn't the best option to us due to his lack of game time and coming back from injury?

Don't think he was to blame for the second goal, our midfield and defence should have closed their player down to not give him time and space to shoot.

Hoping Bogdan will grow in confidence and sharpness having had another game under his belt.

dalkeith stu
27-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Feel Whittaker was more at fault for both goals. You would like your keeper to save those but no. 77 shouldn't be getting those chances in the first place!! Rocky is a far better goalie and would've expected him to save both of those last night but he is guilty of throwing them in too!!

GreenPJ
27-07-2018, 09:14 AM
Hope they target Efe as they’ll have no luck. He was exposed due to having no RWB cover due to playing Vik there first half.

Lack of RWB cover does not justify the at least 4 nutmegs

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2018, 09:18 AM

1 game, is that it?

SChibs
27-07-2018, 09:19 AM
People have short memories. The goal marciano conceded at home to rangers in december was pretty similar to last night. I think both goalies are decent but with hibs budget we are never gonna find the perfect keeper that doesn't make mistakes.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:20 AM
1 game, is that it?

the same could be said for bogdan then surely

Michael

Yes, and he's been otherwise pretty solid.

Thecat23
Laidlaw is miles better. Speaks to the defence more and commands his area. Had one bad game and folk don’t rate him. Bogdan just looks a bag of nerves and only good thing is his kicking.

leither17
Their keeper was worse

SonOfDavidFrancey
27-07-2018, 09:22 AM
I listened to the radio then read this board at half time... assumed they were both howlers. The first shouldn’t have beaten him but it happens - it was hit unusually hard at a strange angle. The second one was a peach. The BBC commentator says ‘nothing he could have done’ - right, I think.

Zazu62
27-07-2018, 09:23 AM
He seems dodgy, don’t know if it’s lack of games etc but feel we could have got someone better

Smartie
27-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Their keeper was worse

I thought he was all over the shop at times.

He seemed to like a theatrical dive to palm away bread and butter stuff and was hopeless under pressure.

I'm convinced we can score a couple over there, it is our own leaky defence, dodgy keeper and the lack of protection that they sometimes get from midfield that are my main concerns.

allezsauzee
27-07-2018, 09:30 AM
All keepers will make mistakes . What i think is important is how these keepers react to the mistakes. The likes of Makalamby, Zibby and Graham Smith went to pieces after mistakes. From what we've seen so far, Rocky doesn't and will put in some outstanding performances after a howler. I've not been too impressed with Bogdan so far but maybe a wee bit premature to be writing the lad off. He must have shown something to be capped 20 times and be signed for Liverpool!

marinello59
27-07-2018, 09:31 AM
This is his what, third game back after a seriously long lay off from the game, goalkeepers really just need matches to get their focus and everything back to a level. If we needed goalkeeping cover to come in and hit the ground running perhaps Bogdan wasn't the best option to us due to his lack of game time and coming back from injury?

Don't think he was to blame for the second goal, our midfield and defence should have closed their player down to not give him time and space to shoot.

Hoping Bogdan will grow in confidence and sharpness having had another game under his belt.

:top marks
Far too many people are writing him off already.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:32 AM
he has made one mistake(2 if you count the second but i dont) in the games he has played so far this season, people form opinions very quickly and wont change them, the defending for the goals conceded this season so far have been horrendous and that should be addressed quicker than bogdans mistake

Diclonius
27-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Why is Laidlaw not playing?

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Why is Laidlaw not playing?

because our coching staff and manager dont think he is better than bogdan

Blaster
27-07-2018, 09:40 AM
because our coching staff and manager dont think he is better than bogdan

And neither do I. It’s amazing how brilliant players become when not in the team

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:40 AM
And neither do I. It’s amazing how brilliant players become when not in the team

yip cometely agree, laidlaw is an average keeper who quite rightly is third choice

Northernhibee
27-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Really hope Malaury Martin doesn’t play in the derbies next season then.

Diclonius
27-07-2018, 09:44 AM

Laidlaw was perfectly fine any time he deputised for Marciano, up until the injury I remember us all being very happy to have him as backup. One bad game after many very good performances doesn't make him a poor keeper.

Speedy
27-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Jury is out on Bogdan for me (although I thought he was terrible at Bolton so will take some convincing) but Laidlaw definitely isn't good enough.

If Marciano is going to out for a while and Bogdan isn't deemed good enough then we should be getting rid of either him or Laidlaw and getting another keeper in.

Stevie Reid
27-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Would like to feel a bit more reassured by Bogdan at the moment, but it's early days. Far too early to write him off.

BegbieHSC
27-07-2018, 09:48 AM
I don’t like to make early assumptions, but meh, he’s *****.

In our first 3 competitive fixtures, we’ve conceded 7 goals 😂. How many saves have been made? What’s the saves to goals conversion rate?

I’m not being completely fair tbh, the defenders are leaking goals themselves. And I’ll give Bogdan credit - his kicking is very good.

Be that as it may, I reckon we’d have a better chance with Marciano with a broken hand to make up for the leaky defence , than this guy.

Bristolhibby
27-07-2018, 09:48 AM
When’s Rocky back?

J

GloryGlory
27-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Jury is out on Bogdan for me (although I thought he was terrible at Bolton so will take some convincing) but Laidlaw definitely isn't good enough.

If Marciano is going to out for a while and Bogdan isn't deemed good enough then we should be getting rid of either him or Laidlaw and getting another keeper in.

Me, too. He seems very quiet and passive, doesn't try to command his area and his body language looks like he lacks confidence.

GloryGlory
27-07-2018, 09:52 AM
When’s Rocky back?

J

Soon, I hope.

hibIBZ
27-07-2018, 09:52 AM
He should of done better with the first goal. Second was a decent strike that he may of got closer to but I’m certainly not going to blame him for it. He got left exposed by poor defending which is likely to effect his confidence as well. Let’s not write him off yet, bit of confidence and game time and see what he has to offer.

poulton hibs
27-07-2018, 09:53 AM
I always think with Laidlaw and now with Bogdan that we are going to concede a goal. Laidlaw didn't have many clean sheets and Bogdan has been poor so far. Hope Rocky is back soon.

BegbieHSC
27-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Their keeper was worse

Their keeper made some really decent saves last night. Serious question - has Bogdan actually made a save for us in our opening competitive games?

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Their keeper made some really decent saves last night. Serious question - has Bogdan actually made a save for us in our opening competitive games?

yes a few

Jones28
27-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Are people mad? The second goal was an unbelievable strike. No way would I lay the blame at the door of the keeper for that.

The first is not great, but a ball smashed at you with pace is liable to end up anywhere. I'd criticise him because he was inside the frame of the goal rather than bang on the post.

His distribution was excellent, how many times have we seen balls flung forty of fifty yards that often with that accuracy in a game? He started a fair share of the attacks last night and kept momentum running when we had been pegged back.

Also made a good save in the second from a shot from distance.

Hibee Ryan
27-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Thought he was at fault for the first one but how the boy got into position for the effort is just as poor. Second one he maybe could do better but was a good strike.

He does look slightly dodgy but is quick distribution, especially in the second half allowed some nice counter attacks that you maybe feel Laidlaw wouldn't provide, I think that skill could be very important in the second leg and would stick with him for that.

The question of who is the number 1 has been answered though, Bogdan ain't competition for Marciano, that's for sure.

SChibs
27-07-2018, 10:10 AM

He made a decent save last night.

delbert
27-07-2018, 10:16 AM

He keeps goal like Ed Sheeran !!

Iain G
27-07-2018, 10:20 AM
I don’t like to make early assumptions, but meh, he’s *****.

In our first 3 competitive fixtures, we’ve conceded 7 goals 😂. How many saves have been made? What’s the saves to goals conversion rate?

I’m not being completely fair tbh, the defenders are leaking goals themselves. And I’ll give Bogdan credit - his kicking is very good.

Be that as it may, I reckon we’d have a better chance with Marciano with a broken hand to make up for the leaky defence , than this guy.

And in our last ONE competitive fixture of last season year Rocky let in 5 goals, so the statistics would suggest Bogdan is a better goalkeeper :greengrin

BegbieHSC
27-07-2018, 10:23 AM
And in our last ONE competitive fixture of last season year Rocky let in 5 goals, so the statistics would suggest Bogdan is a better goalkeeper :greengrin

Ahh, fair play!

The Modfather
27-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Early days but he reminds me of Oxley.

The_Horde
27-07-2018, 10:29 AM
He's not had a good few games but he's been out for a long time. It it's not any better by this time next month, Rocky will be back in and that'll be that.

overdrive
27-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Loads of people wanted Laidlaw to keep his place ahead of Marciano last season when Marciano was out. He then made a howler in the semi final then all of a sudden he’s useless. He’s shown a lot more than Bogdan. I think Bogdan is a bit timid.

danhibees1875
27-07-2018, 10:32 AM

He's certainly not perfect.

:duck:

R'Albin
27-07-2018, 10:33 AM
**** you Bogdan. And your eyebrows.

guthrie01
27-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Did we try and keep Cammy Bell or did he want away ? Would of been much better convincing him to stay for another season or two.

wookie70
27-07-2018, 10:36 AM
From what I have seen I would have Laidlaw in front of Bogdan. Laidlaw has had one shocker of a game that happened to be in a very important semi. Other than that he has looked very solid. Bogdan looks lacking in confidence to me and given the magnitude of these games it's not the time to be allowing him to settle. Lennon drops some players after one bad game and allows others to continue playing poorly for a good while. I expect Bogdan will play until Rocky is fit as I don't think Laidlaw has been forgiven for his one bad game.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:41 AM
:top marks
Far too many people are writing him off already.

I wrote him off last week.

He certainly did nothing to change my opinion last night.

At least he finally saved a shot from open play, so maybe there's hope yet.

Since90+2
27-07-2018, 10:55 AM
First impressions of him are not great to be honest. He doesn't look a particularly commanding character which is surprisingly considering the clubs he has been at.

I don't think Laidlaw is great either so it's probably much of a muchness. When is Rocky due back?

Since90+2
27-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Early days but he reminds me of Oxley.

On his early showings I'd say he looks worse than Oxley. Oxley wasn't too bad IMO.

hibsbollah
27-07-2018, 11:04 AM
I listened to the radio then read this board at half time... assumed they were both howlers. The first shouldn’t have beaten him but it happens - it was hit unusually hard at a strange angle. The second one was a peach. The BBC commentator says ‘nothing he could have done’ - right, I think.

:agree: Agree with this and I posted similar last night. Why goalkeepers get held to different standards of performance to other positions I have no idea. Its like the pitchforks get sharpened up earlier or something.

And the whole 'he got beat on his near post' mantra gets trotted out.
Keepers get beaten at their near post sometimes. It is not always possible to save the perfect shot to the near post. It happens. Get over it.

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Dear Ofir

hurry back

PLEASE

G B Young
27-07-2018, 11:16 AM
After such a long injury lay-off this guy needs time to prove his worth. Unfortunately it's the most thankless position on the pitch so his rustiness is ruthlessly exposed.

However, his pedigree is decent, Lennon obviously feels he has the quality required and hopefully with more game time we'll see gradually see the best of him.

Mr_F
27-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Conrad Logan...

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Exactly, Laidlaw is a very average keeper, who's also thrown them in, in the past. Its clear this season more than at any time in the past, we are going to have an inquest of Michael Jackson proportions every time we lose a game, in fact even a goal.

As soon as we lose a goal now, the usual suspects cant wait to come on here sometimes within seconds to tell everyone how bad this player or that player is, and how bad we are, and some are even at the game.:faf:

Yet by the end of the game, when we've played the full 90 minutes, and things are nowhere near as bad as they make out, its clear they have learnt nothing about Hibs and how they are as a club these days.

Springbank
27-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Exactly, Laidlaw is a very average keeper, who's also thrown them in, in the past. Its clear this season more than at any time in the past, we are going to have an inquest of Michael Jackson proportions every time we lose a game, in fact even a goal.

As soon as we lose a goal now, the usual suspects cant wait to come on here sometimes within seconds to tell everyone how bad this player or that player is, and how bad we are, and some are even at the game.:faf:

Yet by the end of the game, when we've played the full 90 minutes, and things are nowhere near as bad as they make out, its clear they have learnt nothing about Hibs and how they are as a club these days.

The thought of Bogdan in a derby gives me the fear

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Rocky should be back by the time this game comes along.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Thankfully Rocky will be back long before then.

Blaster
27-07-2018, 11:32 AM

There is more to our season than just the derby mate. Let them obsess with the derby. Not saying it’s not important but there’s more to be focussed on

banarc7062
27-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Send him packing asap.

I tend to agree. Not up to the standard of Keeper we are used too and I go as far back as Younger! GGTTH

easty
27-07-2018, 01:17 PM
He made a decent save last night.

did he?

SChibs
27-07-2018, 01:24 PM
did he?

Pretty sure he tipped a decent long range effort over the bar.

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:26 PM

He did. Was straight at him though - was a routine save Mind you. He’s let a few of those in ....

easty
27-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Ahhhh, you mean that one. Well, aye he definitely did tip a long range effort over the bar, wouldn't call it a decent save though, straight at him. He should have held it.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Sheep have just signed Tomas Cerny never got a chance at ER in my opinion and probably better than what we have got!

Keith_M
27-07-2018, 01:32 PM
I don't blame him for the second, as it was a fantastic strike, but both him and Efe should have done a lot better with the first goal.

Fortunately for Efe, he made up for his mistake with the second half goal, but I'm not convinced about Bogdan

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:34 PM
I don't blame him for the second, as it was a fantastic strike, but both him and Efe should have done a lot better with the first goal.

Fortunately for Efe, he made up for his mistake with the second half goal, but I'm not convince about Bogdan

In my view - he won’t be happy with it. Saw it clearly and had enough time to put it around the post

Lago
27-07-2018, 01:34 PM
:aok:
Sheep have just signed Tomas Cerny never got a chance at ER in my opinion and probably better than what we have got!

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 01:41 PM
He did. Was straight at him though - was a routine save Mind you. He’s let a few of those in ....

he hasn't let a few routine saves in

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:42 PM
he hasn't let a few routine saves in

First goal last night ?

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 01:45 PM
First goal last night ?

so 1

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 01:46 PM
No one laffin at least Cerny knows how to catch and kick a ball proven keeper at Thistle and Accies unlike the current incumbents who are all known to throw the odd one in! :confused:
OH even funnier he cost nothing!

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:46 PM
so 1

Ok. I’ll amend ....”and he barely makes any saves, they usually go in... “. Better ?? [emoji2]

RyeSloan
27-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Opinions opinions huh!

For what it’s worth I though the first was a bit of a shocker from the keeper but the boy did hit it pretty hard from a short distance so maybe just one of those things.

The second was a brilliant strike with movement on the ball and no way I’m blaming the keeper for that. If he had saved that shot it would have been a wonder save.

Overall though he just doesn’t seem to have the presence a ‘good’ keeper appears to have naturally but none the less I thought his distribution was good and on a number of occasions I heard him shout / communicate well with Hamlin and Daz.

So overall still to be convinced, slightly suspecting he might not be good enough but not making any judgements. And certainly not writing him off like some have done already.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Ok. I’ll amend ....”and he barely makes any saves, they usually go in... “. Better ?? [emoji2]

not really cause its just not true, apart from the first goal last night i dont think he has been responsible for any of the goals conceded this season so far, you seem to be one of the ones looking for a scapegoat already

Lago
27-07-2018, 01:51 PM
First goal last night ?
Yip just looked at it again on the BBC highlights, howler simply a howler.

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:51 PM
not really cause its just not true, apart from the first goal last night i dont think he has been responsible for any of the goals conceded this season so far, you seem to be one of the ones looking for a scapegoat already

It is true ..you just happen to think he shouldn’t have saved any. I don’t fancy him - good keepers make saves , he doesn’t so far ...don’t like the early look of him...reminds me of Oxley , who I equally didn’t rate. Not looking for a scapegoat. Just having a view on a football forum..

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 01:53 PM
It is true ..you just happen to think he shouldn’t have saved any. I don’t fancy him - good keepers makes saves , he doesn’t so far ...don’t like the early look of him...reminds me of Oxley , who I equally didn’t rate. Not looking for a scapegoat. Just having a view on a football forum..

apart from the saves that he has made in the last 3 games? he was not to blame for any of the goals in the first 2 games

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Klopp had a stipulation put in all the loan deals that says that the player has to play at least 70% of the games, hopefully this excludes Bogdan.

bigwheel
27-07-2018, 01:58 PM
apart from the saves that he has made in the last 3 games? he was not to blame for any of the goals in the first 2 games

Bat on For him...I hope he comes good too. I’ve just observed him not having had a save of note (other than a tip over the bar) in 3 games ..where we have lost 7 goals. That is not an impressive stat. Good keepers get in a position to make saves..not seen him do that

can’t wait for Rocky to be back - hoping for Laidllaw starts next week

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Sorry mate just getting a bit frustrated not had a good goalie since Leighton and Goram must be kicking on thirty years now I hate to say it but I have no faith in Rocky either but he is probably marginally better than what we have as is capable of outstanding saves though kicking shocking!
:thumbsup:

jgl07
27-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Bogdan looked decent when I saw him he playing with Bolton.

I don’t suppose that spending two or three years getting next to no game time at Liverpool did him a lot of good.

Having seen both Karius and Minguelet make some catastrophic goalkeeping errors, I would question the goalkeeper coaching methods of the ‘Dippers.

Sammy7nil
27-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Feel Whittaker was more at fault for both goals. You would like your keeper to save those but no. 77 shouldn't be getting those chances in the first place!! Rocky is a far better goalie and would've expected him to save both of those last night but he is guilty of throwing them in too!!

You are having a laugh right ?

Whittiaker did not have a good game but to blame him for both goals dear oh dear.
One pass took out THREE defenders for the first and imho 90% of top flight keepers would save that shot, The second Mallan watched as thir player steped inside and shot home, I am not sure how or why you could think Whittiker was more at fault other then he is the current scapegoat.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Bat on For him...I hope he comes good too. I’ve just observed him not having had a save of note (other than a tip over the bar) in 3 games ..where we have lost 7 goals. That is not an impressive stat. Good keepers get in a position to make saves..not seen him do that

can’t wait for Rocky to be back - hoping for Laidllaw starts next week

i suggest you look at the highlights of the previous 2 games then

Saint Hibee
27-07-2018, 03:04 PM
More bogans, less Bogdan! Bring back big Conrad and our name is on the cup!

Lago
27-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Sorry mate just getting a bit frustrated not had a good goalie since Leighton and Goram must be kicking on thirty years now I hate to say it but I have no faith in Rocky either but he is probably marginally better than what we have as is capable of outstanding saves though kicking shocking!
:thumbsup:
You won't get an argument from me on goalkeepers, I go futher back than you & the likes of McArthur, Heriot etc. To me a good keeper is worth his weight in gold, the first goal he let in last night was simply a howler, but so similar to one Rocky let in last season & yes I despair when Rocky repeatedly kicks a ball into touch rather than play.

maturehibby
27-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Only pluses for him is his distribution
His throwing and his kicking out are good
Unfortunately that's it

guthrie01
27-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Klopp had a stipulation put in all the loan deals that says that the player has to play at least 70% of the games, hopefully this excludes Bogdan.

No chance we agreed to this when Rocky is our number 1

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2018, 08:07 PM
No chance we agreed to this when Rocky is our number 1

I know, that’s what I’m thinking. Will be for the younger boys like Kent, Ojo, Gruijic etc.

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2018, 12:07 AM
You won't get an argument from me on goalkeepers, I go futher back than you & the likes of McArthur, Heriot etc. To me a good keeper is worth his weight in gold, the first goal he let in last night was simply a howler, but so similar to one Rocky let in last season & yes I despair when Rocky repeatedly kicks a ball into touch rather than play.
First game was Willie Wilson 5 steps versus Leeds 1968 since then always had a rep for good keepers but sadly not recently need to address this no point scoring five or six and losing five or four!

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2018, 12:16 AM
First game was Willie Wilson 5 steps versus Leeds 1968 since then always had a rep for good keepers but sadly not recently need to address this no point scoring five or six and losing five or four!
Or seven or eight!.

Squirrel 1875
28-07-2018, 12:21 AM
We should have kept Cammy Bell.

Johnny_Leith
28-07-2018, 01:07 AM
We should have kept Cammy Bell.

He didn't want to be a back up, he wanted to be first choice.

S4uzee
28-07-2018, 02:39 AM
One of those keepers where everything will just fly past him

The_Horde
28-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Opinions opinions huh!

For what it’s worth I though the first was a bit of a shocker from the keeper but the boy did hit it pretty hard from a short distance so maybe just one of those things.

The second was a brilliant strike with movement on the ball and no way I’m blaming the keeper for that. If he had saved that shot it would have been a wonder save.

Overall though he just doesn’t seem to have the presence a ‘good’ keeper appears to have naturally but none the less I thought his distribution was good and on a number of occasions I heard him shout / communicate well with Hamlin and Daz.

So overall still to be convinced, slightly suspecting he might not be good enough but not making any judgements. And certainly not writing him off like some have done already.

Lennon seems to think the 2nd was a howler.

Eyrie
28-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Lennon seems to think the 2nd was a howler.

Opinion on here is split about it, but I was directly behind the shot and I'm with Lennon.

mayo hibee
02-08-2018, 07:55 PM
So then...who's going first..!

Diclonius
02-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Happy to admit I was completely and totally wrong on this one. MoTM tonight.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Has silenced a few critics tonight, me amongst them

Scorrie
02-08-2018, 07:58 PM

I’ll hold my hand up as well. He was unbelievable tonight

WhileTheChief..
02-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Brilliant tonight.

Will be a huge boost to his confidence and endear him to a huge section of the support with that display.

Got us through to the next round. No doubt about it.

Vault Boy
02-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Excellent performance. Well done Adam. Kept us in Europe tonight.

Blaster
02-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Brilliant performance

Thecat23
02-08-2018, 08:02 PM
He was simply brilliant and won us the tie. I’d like to hold my hand up and say I was wrong about him. Well done Bogdan you were incredible tonight.

Victor
02-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Adam Bogdan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
02-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Bogdan will be baking industrial quantities of humble pie to be served to all those who jumped on the bandwagon after 1 mistake in the 1st leg. Silly buggers.

Great performance.

Malthibby
02-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Bogdan will be baking industrial quantities of humble pie to be served to all those who jumped on the bandwagon after 1 mistake in the 1st leg. Silly buggers.

Great performance.

Nut, he's honking. But I think I love him......
GG

hibbytam

Yup. That save in the bottom corner was world class. Not only to get to the ball, but to get enough scoop on it to get it away from danger.

hibee_girl
Tonight was the first I’ve seen Bogdan due to holidays and I wasn’t expecting much after reading how poor he’s been ok here but he was outstanding tonight 👏🏻👏🏻

erin go bragh
Few folk eating humble pie after that performance.
Take a bow mr Bogdan :top marks
Bring on Molde .

Hibee Mac
Outstanding. I had a dig at him before the game but he's shown why we brought him here. Made up for last week and then some!

Zazu62
Well done Adam some great saves

Eyrie
So then...who's going first..!

I held him accountable for both goals last week.

Tonight he was immense and his saves were the reason we got through.

O'Rourke3
02-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Brilliant performance tonight from the goalie.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
02-08-2018, 08:06 PM
If he could get the defence to work with him, he'd be superb. Doesn't ever want to come for balls than Hanlon wants him too... Shot stopping tonight, especially that header was straight out the top drawer!

scooby
02-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Played a blinder tonight, Jesus my nerves are shredded though.

Mcpakeisgod
02-08-2018, 08:09 PM
What a difference, a day makes....

Hibee Mac
02-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Great performance.

Definitely a bit of revisionist history here as there was more than enough reason to doubt him, however I agree he's proved me wrong big time with that performance.

Saturday Boy
02-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Maybe keepers need game time, the same as outfield players?

We’re all a bit quick to judge nowadays.

LancashireHibby
Given him some stick in the recent (and not so recent - when he was at BWFC) past but my word that save in the second half was an absolute worldie.

IGRIGI
He had a good save to begin with and I think that gave him the confidence shot he needed, had no right to save the one down to his right from the corner and came up with the goods when his defence failed him.

Bob Box Fish
02-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Gordon banks like save in the second half. Well done son all is forgiven ❤️

Ozyhibby
02-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Bogdan was f’ing brilliant tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nellio
02-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Outstanding performance tonight from the big Hungarian. Well done.

gerry
02-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Difference between going through 👍

Inconsequential
02-08-2018, 08:17 PM
I'm very glad for Adam Bogdan who was obviously lacking confidence and match sharpness. He has also suffered from a very bad injury. Formerly Bolton's player of the year and as well as earning 20 caps for his country saved a penalty from Wayne Rooney. I hope Neil Lennon and our coaching staff continue to encourage him. From zero to hero in 90 mins. GGTTH.

dmc1875
02-08-2018, 08:18 PM
I criticised Bogdan like mad

I take it all back. What a performance and THAT save was unbelievable

Pretty Boy
If he owed a debt from last week then he repaid with Wonga rates of interest. That was Loganesque tonight.

THE save was world class, not other phrase does it justice, that’s a goal 99.9% of the time.

GORDONSMITH7
Splendid saves that probably kept us in Europe. Oh and thanks SJM.

BIG G

Heisenberg
02-08-2018, 08:23 PM
He was outstanding. One save in particular was world class.

adhibs
02-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Most important performance in our team tonight. That save from the corner was unbelievable.

murray26
02-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Hopefully this is the real Bogdan and we’ll have a wee gem for the rest of the season.. we’ll done 10/10

cabbageandribs1875
02-08-2018, 08:27 PM
credit where credits due...the boy done well :agree: thy doffs thy hat

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Poor first half. Absolutely outstanding 2nd half and is a huge factor in us qualifying

2nd half was Logan-esque fi Bogdan. Well done fella

DH1875
02-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Give him a 9 out of 10 tonight. His kicking was a bit dodgy at times :greengrin. Seriously though, fair play to the big man and hopefully a sign of things to come.

lucky
02-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Played very well but the defence still seem unsure of him.

Greentinted
02-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Stand-out performance, particularly second half, from the big Hungarian.
The lad who had the sitting chance is maybe no Pele but Bagsan’s respond was Banksesque. Incredible save among many.

proud_and_green
02-08-2018, 08:34 PM
If he owed a debt from last week then he repaid with Wonga rates of interest. That was Loganesque tonight.

THE save was world class, not other phrase does it justice, that’s a goal 99.9% of the time.

Funnily enough Conrad was the one who came to mind for me as well tonight.

I think Bogdan grew into the game, distribution a bit dodgy to begin with but gained confidence and overall a pretty decent performance. That is pretty impressive considering his howlers last week - they will have been at the back of his mind and can often undermine a keeper.

BarneyHibby
02-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Absolutely fantastic performance tonight! Well Done Adam :agree:

Hibs90
02-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Take it back, excellent saves.

Well done big ginger.

02-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Gave him plenty stick last week but delighted to eat my words tonight! Well done Adam :thumbsup:

maturehibby
02-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Only pluses for him is his distribution
His throwing and his kicking out are good
Unfortunately that's it

Outstanding tonight and won the tie tonight for his performance
However he got us into it with his dismal performance in the first game
I hope he has turned the corner and he never looks back now

bigwheel
02-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Coming on to hold my hand up and say I was wrong. Was right behind that second half save...and throughout the match he look the real deal..I was wrong - he is a player [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji119]

JohnM1875
02-08-2018, 09:07 PM
A few posters will no doubt be on here to hold there hands up after a few amazing saves from Bogdan tonight. Without them we were heading out. Well done you lovely ginger *******!

hibsbollah
As one of about three people sticking up for Bogdan last week, in the face of disbelief, Id just like to say....

:na na:

Naw, I'm just drunkenly happy we got through. I love this team. My team. :flag:

hfc rd
He was my MOTM tonight.

brianmc
02-08-2018, 09:16 PM
He made one world class, and two top class saves. First was brilliant reflexes and the other two were when he rushed out his goal to narrow the angles and spread himself...

Still terrified me up to that point by staying on his line with his hands in his pockets though!

GRA
02-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Hopefully the 'experts' who were slating him last week will congratulate him on his performance tonight. Kept us in it and wouldn't be through to the next round without him.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Hands up from me

3 brilliant 1-on-1 blocks and a stunning low bouncing save

Proved his quality tonight

Jdawg
02-08-2018, 09:31 PM
What a save!!!

Mick O'Rourke
02-08-2018, 09:38 PM
We were "under the cosh" for spells.
That was the best performance from a Hib's goalie,in those circumstances, since Conrad Logan v Dundee Utd

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Maybe keepers need game time, the same as outfield players?

We’re all a bit quick to judge nowadays.Yes we are and I was guilty of this two...was really worried about him tonight but he was absolutely immense and got us through that tie...the save from the header was unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

matty_f
02-08-2018, 09:48 PM
As one of about three people sticking up for Bogdan last week, in the face of disbelief, Id just like to say....

:na na:

Naw, I'm just drunkenly happy we got through. I love this team. My team. :flag:

I didn't think he was as to blame last week as was made our, and thought the reactions were, unusually, over the top.

I've not seen his saves from tonight yet, but I'm sure that top get to the level he's played at, he's a decent keeper.

He's also human, and like the rest of the team will make the odd mistake here and there.

Like Whittaker last week, I'm a bit disappointed at how quick and how vociferously folk are to wade in with criticism/abuse.

Also noticed Ambrose being labelled a disgrace and the worst defender we've had this evening on various social media.

It's like nobody understands perspective anymore.

Onion
02-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Credit where credi'ts due. Bogdan has kept us in Europe, when others were flapping. Well done to that man !

CathroMustStay
02-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Bogdan was brilliant tonight.

Deserves so much credit, it demonstrates his resilience after he shat the bed last week.

Smartie
02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
He was ecstatic at the final whistle as well.

The result meant a lot to him, and he needed a big performance from a personal point of view.

I remember Jim Leighton joining us very low on confidence. When he got his mojo back he was an inspired signing.

This guy has done enough in the past to be signed by Liverpool - hopefully he can kick on and play like that for us regularly.

One Day Soon
02-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I said the goals were as much other people's fault as his in the first tie. Outstanding performance tonight.

21sMay
02-08-2018, 10:36 PM
great performance from him and he needed it. getting back to match fitness and it showed tonight . well done Adam

Inconsequential
02-08-2018, 11:13 PM

The result meant a lot to him, and he needed a big performance from a personal point of view.

I remember Jim Leighton joining us very low on confidence. When he got his mojo back he was an inspired signing.

This guy has done enough in the past to be signed by Liverpool - hopefully he can kick on and play like that for us regularly.
Totally agree with you Smartie! I remember when we signed Jim Leighton and iirc he won some more international caps as a Hibs player. Some last week were saying Adam Bogdan couldn't make a save!

Jack Hackett
02-08-2018, 11:25 PM
I didn't think he was as to blame last week as was made our, and thought the reactions were, unusually, over the top.

I've not seen his saves from tonight yet, but I'm sure that top get to the level he's played at, he's a decent keeper.

He's also human, and like the rest of the team will make the odd mistake here and there.

Like Whittaker last week, I'm a bit disappointed at how quick and how vociferously folk are to wade in with criticism/abuse.

Also noticed Ambrose being labelled a disgrace and the worst defender we've had this evening on various social media.

The problem is that social media gives people a voice, and they're damned quick at letting other people hear it. Gone are the days when the only discussion about a game was in the pub. Opinions were confined to whatever social circle you frequented, but now you get to tell the whole world... and it better be listening, or else

Brooster
02-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Man of the match by a mile, well done Bogdan. Lets get behind all our players regardless of how they they are performing.

monktonharp
03-08-2018, 12:01 AM
He was my MOTM tonight.mines was David Gray. especially for his first half work, but the goalie made a couple of fantastic saves in the second half, which probably won us the match. he was outstanding.

Austinho
03-08-2018, 02:55 AM
Some unbelievable saves tonight. He also had a Karius style klanger when he dropped the ball when rolling it for a counter attack - so so lucky David Gray was alert. Also could easily have given a penalty away. On a different night, those would have cost us. I’ll reserve judgement for a few games yet - hopefully he’s just a bit rusty still, you can certainly see he has ability.

soupernashwan
03-08-2018, 05:36 AM

Leighton came to my mind too. If he can emerge to play as well for us as Jim did then we have a player!

hibeejeebies
03-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Has anyone got a link to the big man's Gordon Banks style save?

They were raving about it on the radio.

Austinho
03-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Has anyone got a link to the big man's Gordon Banks style save?

They were raving about it on the radio.https://twitter.com/insideeasterrd/status/1025110085255741441?s=21

Some other angles do it more justice. Did very well to get down so quickly and also palm it away out of danger like that.

The Leith Dutch
03-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Hopefully the 'experts' who were slating him last week will congratulate him on his performance tonight. Kept us in it and wouldn't be through to the next round without him.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Surely possible to do both no?
He had a moderately bad game last week and an very good game this week.

Part of the problem on here is that many posters have to have a polarized opinion - either gash or immune to criticism.
Bogdan is not an "excuse for a footballer" nor is he Lev Yashin.

This is made worse by people making blanket statements with no back up or, worse, blatantly provocative remarks.
If folk concentrated on saying just what they mean (e.g. "Bogdan was at fault for that goal as his positioning was poor") rather than attacking a player ("Bogdan - get rid / wage thief etc....") there'd be a lot less pointless arguments on here and a lot more debate about actual football rather than Hello! magazine style pish.

Carheenlea
03-08-2018, 06:25 AM
After a sticky start at Hibs we saw a high quality performance from Bogdan that ultimately put us into the next round. Looks settled in now and than only be a good thing for the side.

flash
03-08-2018, 06:29 AM

Worst post ever.

happiehibbie
03-08-2018, 06:36 AM
Well Brogdan played well last night but still unsure,

1 swallow does not make a summer,

But credit where it is due, well played Sir

Ambrose still a concern for me

On to the next round

Togs91
03-08-2018, 06:43 AM
I was one of the first to give bogdan stick, mate of mine from mersey pre warned on 'just how bad' he was.

For me the first few games, yes some of the goals were blinders and couldnt be helped, but i also felt his positioning was always a bit off, and he looked a bit nervy.

Tonight is what he needed imo

He made some really cracking big saves, and all this can do is build his confidence, as someone pointed out hes no played competitivley in 2 years?

He is the reason we are through this round, without a doubt!

....oh but mate, please dont roll a ball out like that ever again, nearly had a change of boxers moment over here 😂

Elephant Stone
03-08-2018, 06:45 AM

Agreed. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad last week as some people made out. Absolutely outstanding last night and without his saves we would not currently be in Europe, delighted for him.

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 06:55 AM
he has been no where near as bad as people have made out and a lot of the criticism has been nuts, glad to see a few people eat their words

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Agreed. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad last week as some people made out. Absolutely outstanding last night and without his saves we would not currently be in Europe, delighted for him.
Disagree thought he had a shocker last week at fault for the first beat by a Worldy in the second might have helped if he had got the slightest touch on it but Hey Ho the rest of the match he was nervous all night BUT like the majority of posters I have to take my hat off to the man he was totally outstanding last night a Banksesque save several brilliant blocks I hope last night helps his confidence as at the start of the game you could see that Hanlon and MacGregor had no faith in him he was nowhere near the header that hit the bar from the corner. Let’s hope he can kick on from this and have a brilliant season for us in the SPFL

GGTTH

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Disagree thought he had a shocker last week at fault for the first beat by a Worldy in the second might have helped if he had got the slightest touch on it but Hey Ho the rest of the match he was nervous all night BUT like the majority of posters I have to take my hat off to the man he was totally outstanding last night a Banksesque save several brilliant blocks I hope last night helps his confidence as at the start of the game you could see that Hanlon and MacGregor had no faith in him he was nowhere near the header that hit the bar from the corner. Let’s hope he can kick on from this and have a brilliant season for us in the SPFL

GGTTH

He had no chance with the header and to suggest so is just daft, it was a cracking header but came from horrendous marking from ambrose( i think it was ambrose at least)

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2018, 07:14 AM
He had no chance with the header and to suggest so is just daft, it was a cracking header but came from horrendous marking from ambrose( i think it was ambrose at least)
Never said he had a chance said he was no where near it he was standing by his near post at the time header hit the mid to rear section of the cross bar. Efe is a totally different subject! :wink:

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Never said he had a chance said he was no where near it he was standing by his near post at the time header hit the mid to rear section of the cross bar. Efe is a totally different subject! :wink:

so why would the defence have no faith in him then when he would have had no chance with it anyway?

HH81
03-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Lucky to get away with the pen but overall was a great performance. Some great saves.

PatHead
03-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Surely possible to do both no?
He had a moderately bad game last week and an very good game this week.

Part of the problem on here is that many posters have to have a polarized opinion - either gash or immune to criticism.
Bogdan is not an "excuse for a footballer" nor is he Lev Yashin.

This is made worse by people making blanket statements with no back up or, worse, blatantly provocative remarks.
If folk concentrated on saying just what they mean (e.g. "Bogdan was at fault for that goal as his positioning was poor") rather than attacking a player ("Bogdan - get rid / wage thief etc....") there'd be a lot less pointless arguments on here and a lot more debate about actual football rather than Hello! magazine style pish.
You read Hello?

Brummie_Hibs
03-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Lucky to get away with the pen but overall was a great performance. Some great saves.

It was never a penalty.

Bizarre that you are trying to smear his performance for him almost giving away a penalty that was never a penalty and he was just coming out to narrow the angle.

It would be like almost blaming him for giving away a goal after he saved a shot that hit the post afterwards.

ian cruise
03-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Well Brogdan played well last night but still unsure,

1 swallow does not make a summer,

But credit where it is due, well played Sir

Ambrose still a concern for me

On to the next round

Is Adam this seasons Mcgeoooch/leeaann? :wink:

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2018, 07:31 AM
so why would the defence have no faith in him then when he would have had no chance with it anyway?
You could see by the looks Hanlon and MacGregor were giving him and the shouting that was going on between all three throughout the first twenty minutes anyone that has played football at any level could see that! Not on here to fall out with anyone some great defending by SDG bad errors by Efe and Daz lucky penalty decision that on another day especially in Europe might have gone against us some brilliant blocks and saves by Bogdan yes I am willing to eat humble pie and say yes overall a brilliant performance some might say lucky at times in the second half I was asking myself which team had the ten men and the main point is we are through to the next round and financially that is all that matters.GGTTH :wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Bogdan has hardly played any football in a year, he's bound to be a little rusty. Give the guy a bloody chance, as well as the rest of them.

The slightest mistake is jumped on here by certain folk, who are not giving this management team the respect they deserve, in knowing what these players can achieve.

allezsauzee
03-08-2018, 09:21 AM
I suspect Bogdan has a bit of the Oxley's about him. Superb when kept busy but prone to concentration lapses when he has little to do.

mjhibby
03-08-2018, 09:49 AM
He looks like a keeper playing himself back in. He's missed loads so his sharpness will take time. He's also getting used to his teammates. There is no point in coming for crosses unless there are inside the six yard box. There is too many bodies to get through. Three terrific saves last night and won the tie for us. But as the old adage goes your only as good as your last game and he was terrific

Stevie Reid
03-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Starting to look like another Rocky. Has let in one very soft goal, but made several very good saves - one being absolutely unbelievable.

Rocky has followed that pattern since he arrived.

The_Horde
03-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Boy was already going down but you've seen them given. Lucky in the sense that the officials called at least one thing right in the second half!

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Bogdan has hardly played any football in a year, he's bound to be a little rusty. Give the guy a bloody chance, as well as the rest of them.

The slightest mistake is jumped on here by certain folk, who are not giving this management team the respect they deserve, in knowing what these players can achieve.

:agree:

I’ve enjoyed the comments I’ve read and heard about how people have seen him play for Liverpool and how he was murder. He played 2 games for Liverpool.

matty_f
03-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Worst post ever.

:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 10:14 AM
He had no chance with the header and to suggest so is just daft, it was a cracking header but came from horrendous marking from ambrose( i think it was ambrose at least)It was Ambrose- shock. Currently our weakest link in the back line by far. Yet it seems he's Teflon from criticism unlike poor Bogdan after last week. Efe had a hand in 2 of the 3 Asteras goals over the 2 legs and didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the Faroes neither

Smartie
03-08-2018, 10:53 AM
It was Ambrose- shock. Currently our weakest link in the back line by far. Yet it seems he's Teflon from criticism unlike poor Bogdan after last week. Efe had a hand in 2 of the 3 Asteras goals over the 2 legs and didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the Faroes neither

Really?

There's a thread on him on here every week, and there has been criticism of him since he joined us.

I personally can't make my mind up whether he is my favourite current player and one of the best ever to pull on the green, or an absolute huddy who should be nowhere near the team, mainly because he fluctuates between these 2 positions every 5 minutes.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Really?

There's a thread on him on here every week, and there has been criticism of him since he joined us.

I personally can't make my mind up whether he is my favourite current player and one of the best ever to pull on the green, or an absolute huddy who should be nowhere near the team, mainly because he fluctuates between these 2 positions every 5 minutes.Sorry I never noticed the other thread on here today - and yeah I'm with you to be honest overall - I go from thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread too he's a total numptie