PDA

View Full Version : Asteras fans

Diclonius
27-07-2018, 08:28 AM
They seemed to bring even less supporters than NSI did two weeks ago! Only around 30 or so there. Looked like they were enjoying themselves though (for the first hour of the game).

There were also a few Greeks around us in the home end. Suspect the majority of them live in Edinburgh.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Small home attendances too.

To be fair, they’ve had a lot of European trips to pay for before. I hope our away support in Europe dwindles eventually - shows we’re doing something right!

CB_NO3
27-07-2018, 08:37 AM
They get about the same crowds as Hamilton do at home so no surprise.

Mango Man
27-07-2018, 08:41 AM
They seemed to bring even less supporters than NSI did two weeks ago! Only around 30 or so there. Looked like they were enjoying themselves though (for the first hour of the game).

There were also a few Greeks around us in the home end. Suspect the majority of them live in Edinburgh.

There was about 10 or so Greeks in the upper West, I think they were rival fans of Tripolis or something as they were cheering on Hibs.

DH1875
27-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Would have thought a few fans from London would have come up for the game. Guess they've just got a really poor support.

Hibee Mac
27-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Highlights the disgrace of a TV deal we have that a team with equivalent support to bloody Hamilton can attract European standard players and pay them more than us.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2018, 08:58 AM
They get about the same crowds as Hamilton do at home so no surprise.

Smaller population than Hamilton too

Earlydelivery
27-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Seen 3 of them trying to get in east stand .. security showing them to the south .

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Greece is pretty much a failed state propped up by the EU. No way clubs like Tripolis could afford the players they have without something rotten going on.

I agree we need a much better TV deal though.

Tinribs
27-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Young person unemployment in Greece is well over 50%, probably has something to do with it. Harsh times in that part of the eurozone.

Jack Hackett
27-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Highlights the disgrace of a TV deal we have that a team with equivalent support to bloody Hamilton can attract European standard players and pay them more than us.

Don't think tv deals have much to do with it. Being regulars in the Europa gives them financial clout far above what we can afford. This is how the Bragas and Maribors are where they are.

Ozyhibby
27-07-2018, 09:24 AM
Don't think tv deals have much to do with it. Being regulars in the Europa gives them financial clout far above what we can afford. This is how the Bragas and Maribors are where they are.

European football is crucial if we are to progress as a club. We need to qualify every year, and 18k paying fans every week should allow us to get the players in to make that possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk