PDA

View Full Version : Mallan & Allan

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Do people still reckon we only have room for one of them after tonight? Thought Mallan played a proper CM role tonight and done it pretty well other than the goal. If McGinn goes and we went with a slightly more defensive minded player than McGinn as his replacement I think you could definitely get away with Mallan and an other (say for arguments sake Mulumbu, if I say his name enough it might happen :greengrin) in CM with Allan as a 10.

Jim44
26-07-2018, 10:20 PM
There’s an ‘m’ of a difference between them.

bigwheel
26-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Do people still reckon we only have room for one of them after tonight? Thought Mallan played a proper CM role tonight and done it pretty well other than the goal. If McGinn goes and we went with a slightly more defensive minded player than McGinn as his replacement I think you could definitely get away with Mallan and an other (say for arguments sake Mulumbu, if I say his name enough it might happen :greengrin) in CM with Allan as a 10.

Mallan is superb going forward ...the goal showed his weakness ..he let’s his man run off him lots of the time. Caused us issues last week and again tonight..Scott Allan is similar..not sure we could afford both letting that happen ...

Thought Mallan was better in second half

tonyrougier123
26-07-2018, 10:23 PM
mulumbu heavily linked with the sheep calum.hope we are in and about that though.

wookie70
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
I still think there is only room for one. Mallan played far too deep for me tonight and I don't think he was very effective and nowhere near good enough defensively. Allan is similar and we are shipping too many goals already. Our next two signings have to be a starting CF and a midfield replacement for Dylan. Alan may be a cherry on the top but he is way down the list of priorities for me now we have Mallan and still have Swanson as backup

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Mallan isn’t a McGeouch type player. He’s more like Scott Allan, but obviously different.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Mallan isn’t a McGeouch type player. He’s more like Scott Allan, but obviously different.

Aye I don’t think he’s a DMc type player but he did play a bit deeper tonight than Scotty Allan ever would. I reckon if we could get a proper good DM in then we could possibly go with the two of them at once.

keep the faith
26-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Would love to see the two of them in there. Both intelligent players and would give teams so many problems. Allans ability to see a pass is a joy.

zolliehibs
26-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Think you could get away with both but probably only in a formation like 4-1-4-1 - full backs and wingers to allow them both to play centrally, and a defensive midfielder to allow them both to concentrate on attacking and creating.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Think you could get away with both but probably only in a formation like 4-1-4-1 - full backs and wingers to allow them both to play centrally, and a defensive midfielder to allow them both to concentrate on attacking and creating.

To be fair we’ve totally stopped giving a **** about conceding so we may aswell just play them both :greengrin

zolliehibs
27-07-2018, 12:00 AM
To be fair we’ve totally stopped giving a **** about conceding so we may aswell just play them both :greengrin

That’s a fair point 😂

ValleyHibee
27-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Still got decent defenders,can't do anything about couple mistakes from the GK

we are hibs
27-07-2018, 05:43 AM
I think people are harsh on Allan when it comes to tracking back tbh. If his first spell fair enough but last season I thought he done it quite well and was really putting the effort in.

Bob Box Fish
27-07-2018, 06:06 AM
Mallan was a passenger first half then improved second. There’s no way you could play Mallan and Allan in the same midfield at the PBS, parkhead or Ibrox we would get destroyed especially if Mcginn goes.

18Craig75
27-07-2018, 06:07 AM
I thought the longer the second half went on, the better Mallan looked playing a bit deeper. Showing for passes, spreading the play and turning defence to attack.

Could he be moulded into the next Dylan McGeouch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HelmutSchlong
27-07-2018, 06:07 AM
There’s an ‘m’ of a difference between them.

Plus we’re an Edinburgh club with an Edinburgh postcode, put it all together and it’s all pretty meh’

sean04
27-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Was it mallan that slipped Boyle in for the winner? Cracking wee pass

calumhibee1
27-07-2018, 06:58 AM

Mallan to Hanlon, Hanlon to Boyle.

Callum_62
27-07-2018, 07:05 AM

It was Hanlon that laid it through to Boyle - lovely pass

Tug Wilson
27-07-2018, 07:31 AM
Definitely Mallan who passed the ball to Boyle

Callum_62
27-07-2018, 07:32 AM

It wasnt

1van Sprou7e
27-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Mallam played the McGeouch role in the second half today and did a fine job for most of it

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 07:54 AM

was 100% hanlon

Heedersnvolleys
27-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Is Mallan fully fit? Noticed near the end last night is left thigh was heavily strapped.

If not can’t wait until he is😁

Springbank
27-07-2018, 11:23 AM
A midfield of Allan, Mallan and Mulumbu would be dynamite

The_Horde
27-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Mallam played the McGeouch role in the second half today and did a fine job for most of it

So much better when he dropped deeper. He's just not got it as a number 10. Slivka showed him how you do it.