PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

yonder1875
26-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Was bloody brilliant tonight!

Serious limbs when the second and thirds went in and it was rocking at the start.

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM
12th man.

Magical atmosphere as they always are in Europe, the players fully appreciated the backing we gave them

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:10 PM
At 0-2 the atmosphere was very very flat. However the fans woke up with the team.

murray26
26-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Definitely helped lift the players.. brilliant support 👍

Hulk1875
26-07-2018, 10:15 PM
I ended up on my a**e When the third goal went in, feeling the pain now that the adrenaline had worn off

maturehibby
26-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Atmosphere like the old European games in the 60's and 70's

Eyrie
26-07-2018, 10:45 PM
The atmosphere was superb. That's what makes being there special.

Tug Wilson
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Think that the way we started the second half really picked the fans up. The team had a go and gave us something to cheer. Then the magic happened.

Stuart93
26-07-2018, 11:02 PM
I thought there was more there than the official attendance suggested, looked packed

ewanb2
26-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Was bouncing before they scored the first and atmosphere was incredible for second half. Let’s hope it can continue in the next round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-07-2018, 11:09 PM
Not so many seagulls tonight.

Peevemor
26-07-2018, 11:11 PM
I thought there was more there than the official attendance suggested, looked packedThere was about 4400 empty seats in the South and loads in the FF.

oneone73
26-07-2018, 11:30 PM
There was about 4400 empty seats in the South

Eh?

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 11:33 PM
There was about 4400 empty seats in the South and loads in the FF.

**** the helipad. We’ve added an invisible 3rd tier to the Dunbar End.:greengrin

Mikey09
26-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Hope the "supporters" who stormed out when we went 2 down got home safely... :greengrin

lord bunberry
27-07-2018, 02:53 AM
I was in the west tonight and I have to say the atmosphere was a bit disjointed most of the time. You had the singing section bouncing away, but no one really joining in with them. The main atmosphere came from the East, that’s who the rest of the stadium joined in with. If the aim of the singing section is to create an atmosphere it just isn’t working where they are. As for people saying the atmosphere was as good as the AEK game, I can only assume they weren’t at that game or they’re struggling with their hearing these days. I’ve been in the east for years and it’s hard to tell how good the atmosphere is when you’re in amongst it, but from the west it was really obvious. What I don’t understand is why the singing section can’t be in the FF lower. We sell £25 season tickets in a prime location, the cheap tickets should be in the end section of the west that’s usually quiet, and the singing section should be right behind the goals.

Eaststandee
27-07-2018, 04:35 AM
I was in the west tonight and I have to say the atmosphere was a bit disjointed most of the time. You had the singing section bouncing away, but no one really joining in with them. The main atmosphere came from the East, that’s who the rest of the stadium joined in with. If the aim of the singing section is to create an atmosphere it just isn’t working where they are. As for people saying the atmosphere was as good as the AEK game, I can only assume they weren’t at that game or they’re struggling with their hearing these days. I’ve been in the east for years and it’s hard to tell how good the atmosphere is when you’re in amongst it, but from the west it was really obvious. What I don’t understand is why the singing section can’t be in the FF lower. We sell £25 season tickets in a prime location, the cheap tickets should be in the end section of the west that’s usually quiet, and the singing section should be right behind the goals.

I know it's been said before but the singing section is lost in it's current location (from where I sit) they were having a bounce at one point and it looked great, but it was literally only in that section. IMO had it been in the east the whole place would have been bouncing.

i don't think it'll be moved anytime soon and that's their choice, but if a few of the guys came and sat in the east for a game I think they would realise it doesn't quite work.

It was a fantastic atmosphere though, hopefully a few more European nights to come!

:flag:

LustForLeith
27-07-2018, 04:48 AM
Hope the "supporters" who stormed out when we went 2 down got home safely... :greengrin

I was thinking the same as three folk next to me did that so they could go to pub.

Chic Murray
27-07-2018, 06:40 AM
Definitely the 12th man, great atmosphere.

Peevemor
27-07-2018, 06:43 AM
There was about 4400 empty seats in the South and loads in the FF.

Eh?

**** the helipad. We’ve added an invisible 3rd tier to the Dunbar End.:greengrin

Oops!

OK 3,500.

Smartie
27-07-2018, 06:46 AM
I was along at the North end of the East, just in line with the 6 yard box and up the back, and tbh I thought the ground was dead.

You can barely hear the singing section, and for most of the game the atmosphere came from folk in the East muttering and talking amongst themselves.

I'm surprised to hear the atmosphere being praised, as to me it seemed closer to a summer friendly than the likes of the AEK game (which was pretty mental).

madhibee_again
27-07-2018, 07:25 AM
The whole you can't hear the Singing Section in the East is a nonsense. Up until this year I'd always sat in the FF - where obviously the guys were loud and clear and it was difficult to understand how they couldn't be heard in the East. Having moved to the East this year (North side Section 40) the previous two games I've been able to hear them loud and clear so I'm totally baffled as to how folk can say they don't hear them.

I don't think there are more or less people joining in with the Singing Section songs than there were previously, in reality it was around the same number as when it was down the front of the East for the majority of songs. Did the whole of the East previously join in with the constant singing from the Singing Section? I actually think a lot of it is to do with song choice. The Singing Section look to add new songs and probably sing these over the older ones, the newer ones being less well known don't catch on as quickly/as well as a chant of We are Hibernian FC.

The guys do a great job, but some folk seem to be stuck in mentality of the East is the singing stand so they should be in the East.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 07:38 AM
I was along at the North end of the East, just in line with the 6 yard box and up the back, and tbh I thought the ground was dead.

You can barely hear the singing section, and for most of the game the atmosphere came from folk in the East muttering and talking amongst themselves.

I'm surprised to hear the atmosphere being praised, as to me it seemed closer to a summer friendly than the likes of the AEK game (which was pretty mental).

You’ve got to be joking? Atmosphere was nothing like a summer friendly. At 0-2 it was flat yeah. But before the game and as soon as we scored the first the fans roared the team on. By full time the roof was just about blown off.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2018, 07:43 AM
It was understandably flat at 0-2, I think there was an element of shellshock.

After we scored the 1st it was rocking. It was a proper bodies everywhere moment when the 3rd went in.

Barman Stanton
27-07-2018, 07:49 AM
The whole you can't hear the Singing Section in the East is a nonsense. Up until this year I'd always sat in the FF - where obviously the guys were loud and clear and it was difficult to understand how they couldn't be heard in the East. Having moved to the East this year (North side Section 40) the previous two games I've been able to hear them loud and clear so I'm totally baffled as to how folk can say they don't hear them.

I don't think there are more or less people joining in with the Singing Section songs than there were previously, in reality it was around the same number as when it was down the front of the East for the majority of songs. Did the whole of the East previously join in with the constant singing from the Singing Section? I actually think a lot of it is to do with song choice. The Singing Section look to add new songs and probably sing these over the older ones, the newer ones being less well known don't catch on as quickly/as well as a chant of We are Hibernian FC.

The guys do a great job, but some folk seem to be stuck in mentality of the East is the singing stand so they should be in the East.

I cant really hear them at all. Can just see them bouncing. I sit towards the Dunbar end and high up in the East though. Its certainly not nonsense, perhaps it just depends where you are sitting.

matty_f
27-07-2018, 07:51 AM
It was understandably flat at 0-2, I think there was an element of shellshock.

After we scored the 1st it was rocking. It was a proper bodies everywhere moment when the 3rd went in.
:agree: I thought the fans were superb and the atmosphere was terrific.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2018, 07:58 AM

I'll admit to leaving at HT, watched the rest of the game in The 4IH. Happy to see an increase in the balance of my Ladbrokes account after the final whistle.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-07-2018, 08:06 AM

The guys do a great job, but some folk seem to be stuck in mentality of the East is the singing stand so they should be in the East.It's not nonsense. I sit in row AA in the East stand and cant hear them at all except for the odd drum beat now and again.

Big90inOz
27-07-2018, 08:07 AM
The atmosphere at the beginning and the 2nd half sounded good on Hibs TV.

Big_Franck
27-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Was bloody brilliant tonight!

Serious limbs when the second and thirds went in and it was rocking at the start.

Scenes at the 93rd minute winner were brilliant, people jumping about everywhere. Somebody punched me in the mouth and burst my lip at the third, couldn't have cared less though :banana:

Big_Franck
27-07-2018, 08:10 AM
I'll admit to leaving at HT, watched the rest of the game in The 4IH. Happy to see an increase in the balance of my Ladbrokes account after the final whistle.

Never understood why people do this, each to their own though. I'd bet it's a lot of the same people that left at half-time in the Falkirk semi at Hampden. They're often the most negative fans anyway and the atmosphere is usually much better when they've ****ed off.

JackHibs
27-07-2018, 08:14 AM

I don't understand that, fair enough its your decision and no one if forcing you to stay but will never understand. You pay £23 for a ticket to support your team in Europe to leave at half time when they are 0-2 down and need all the support they can get.

Baffles me, but each to there own

One Day Soon
27-07-2018, 08:14 AM
:agree: I thought the fans were superb and the atmosphere was terrific.

I know I was.

Managed to accidentally injure the boy twice at the second and third goals - shin injury at the second, clip round the right eye at the third. He took it quite well really considering he's only 12. A bit like the Scottish Cup, he's now convinced we win European games no bother. Although "It makes me a bit nervous when Hibs score Dad, you need to calm down. Or I need to move faster". :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
27-07-2018, 08:16 AM
It's not nonsense. I sit in row AA in the East stand and cant hear them at all except for the odd drum beat now and again.

Maybe sing yourself then, ever thought of that?

B.H.F.C
27-07-2018, 08:16 AM
Crowd and players helped each other in the second half.

Easy to say now, but once the first goal went in, with the way the crowd helped push the team on, we weren’t going to lose that game.

Carheenlea
27-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Saw a video of Easter Road last night taken from Arthur’s Seat with impressive noise levels. It was either Twitter ir Facebook - will post if I find it again.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Maybe sing yourself then, ever thought of that?Eh?

I wasn't having a go, just stating a fact from someone that has massive support for what you guys do and yes I do sing.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 08:22 AM
I thought it was decent enough without being fantastic considering the comeback. No complaints though, thoroughly enjoyable European night in the sun.

Did find it strange the amount of people leaving in the last ten minutes. I’m very much in the camp that says it’s up to each individual how long they stay, so not a criticism, just an observation. Found the amount streaming out bizarre given we were chasing a winner against 10 men to severely improve our chances of progressing!

Maybe a few had trains etc to catch but this seemed huge amounts!

Barman Stanton
27-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Not sure why people in the singing section get defensive so easily. No one is saying they don't do a great job. Just that they are in the wrong part of the stadium.

yonder1875
27-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Even without the singing section at the back of 43, there is still a brilliant atmosphere for big games in the east. Would be even better if they were to return up the back of S43.

Eaststandee
27-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Saw a video of Easter Road last night taken from Arthur’s Seat with impressive noise levels. It was either Twitter ir Facebook - will post if I find it again.

Save you searching :wink:

https://twitter.com/se8nhumphreys/status/1022606936800419841

Carheenlea
27-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Save you searching :wink:

https://twitter.com/se8nhumphreys/status/1022606936800419841

Cheers! Great little clip.

Smartie
27-07-2018, 09:11 AM
You’ve got to be joking? Atmosphere was nothing like a summer friendly. At 0-2 it was flat yeah. But before the game and as soon as we scored the first the fans roared the team on. By full time the roof was just about blown off.

I think it might just have been where I was.

I sat in the seats that had been put by for the pods (the ticket I got was EE2 and I couldn't be bothered walking past all the empty seats right up into the corner) so there were plenty of empty seats around me, nobody making any noise and I couldn't see and barely hear the singing section.

It was probably miles better along where my season ticket is.

EastThomasSTboy
27-07-2018, 09:14 AM
At 0-2 the atmosphere was very very flat. However the fans woke up with the team.

I was up the back of the West stand, in line with the 8 yard box,....after they went 2 down the atmosphere was very flat until well into the second half.

Can hardly hear the Singing section from there.

No comparison whatsoever to AEK Athens night (IMO).

Got much better when the 2nd and 3rd goals went in.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Think you’ve missed the point here.

Chuck Rhoades
27-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Not sure why people in the singing section get defensive so easily. No one is saying they don't do a great job. Just that they are in the wrong part of the stadium.

I’m not defending the SS, I’m pointing out that everyone has a part to play in generating an atmosphere and energy would be better spent being vocal during matches as opposed to firing criticisms through a keyboard.

stokesmessiah
27-07-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't get the chance to go to Easter rd that often. I took my daughter last night to her first game and went in the singing section, she loves all the songs. I have to say that the atmosphere in there was great and she loved it. It was however spoiled by the group of younger lads clearly hammered as well as god knows what else. They didn't sit still for two bloody seconds, barging past and hammering into us, came across and tried taking our seats etc...was pretty tedious.

Barman Stanton
27-07-2018, 10:06 AM
I’m not defending the SS, I’m pointing out that everyone has a part to play in generating an atmosphere and energy would be better spent being vocal during matches as opposed to firing criticisms through a keyboard.

But you are completely missing the point. No one is saying the rest of the stadium was quiet. It wasn't. Everyone around me in the East was singing. However, doesn't change the fact you cant hear the singing section from certain area's of the stadium.

Also no one is criticising the singing section at all!

Chuck Rhoades
27-07-2018, 10:10 AM
But you are completely missing the point. No one is saying the rest of the stadium was quiet. It wasn't. Everyone around me in the East was singing. However, doesn't change the fact you cant hear the singing section from certain area's of the stadium.

Also no one is criticising the singing section at all!

Understood. FWIW you can’t hear the East from where I sit in FF. Management and players have fed back positively on the atmosphere week in, week out last season from the entire support. Guess that’s the opinion that really mayters.

Barman Stanton
27-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Understood. FWIW you can’t hear the East from where I sit in FF. Management and players have fed back positively on the atmosphere week in, week out last season from the entire support. Guess that’s the opinion that really mayters.

Fair enough. Each to their own but I just think it would be better for the whole club if the section was moved back over to the East. The East due to the size and fact it is one tier would generate more noise, and have more people joining in.

I think the guys in the section do a great job by the way.

Eaststandee
27-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Do you guys prefer it up there? Or nae difference?

Chic Murray
27-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Security need to lighten up. If you get out of your seat to air your views, you are immediately on the watch list

I was behind the Asteria dug out, and the guards were way ott.

Playing at being the Secret Service or something. It's football people go to let off steam, it's hardly like we have a track record.of disorder.

hibIBZ
27-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Is it possibly the case that the people that get songs going the east are starting the older songs that people know where the singing section tends to favour a more ultra style of repetitive beats that you can bounce along to? A lot of the time I don’t actually know what the singing section are chanting and can only really hear the drum/clap beat and not what’s being chanted. Right behind the goals in the FF would be the prime location imo

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Security need to lighten up. If you get out of your seat to air your views, you are immediately on the watch list

I was behind the Asteria dug out, and the guards were way ott.

Playing at being the Secret Service or something. It's football people go to let off steam, it's hardly like we have a track record.of disorder.

Can't say I've ever seen that at Easter Road. If anything, the few balloons that go over the top with their shouts and the language they use get away with it...

Chuck Rhoades
27-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Do you guys prefer it up there? Or nae difference?

Much better. Particularly in terms of growth. Blue sky thinking is safe standing behind FF goals - centre of our support. We’ve wrote to Leeann to discuss.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Much better. Particularly in terms of growth. Blue sky thinking is safe standing behind FF goals - centre of our support. We’ve wrote to Leeann to discuss.Good luck, that where I hope you’d be.

Leeann has spoken a few times about that area being the family area though unfortunately. There was a whole hoo-ha last season about people who’d been there for years having to relocate to make way for new families, so don’t think it will be a goer unfortunately.

Eaststandee
27-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Much better. Particularly in terms of growth. Blue sky thinking is safe standing behind FF goals - centre of our support. We’ve wrote to Leeann to discuss.

The possibility of safe standing makes a lot of sense, updates on how that conversation goes would be good.

Keep up the good work anyway :aok:

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 11:12 AM

The opinion of supporters that have experienced different levels of atmosphere over the years surely counts for something.

Nobody is saying the atmosphere and support isn't good at ER. The suggestion from some, which I agree with, is that the work the singing section do was best served in the East stand.

lord bunberry
27-07-2018, 12:21 PM
That’s where it should be. From sitting in the West last night I noticed that the singing section were singing most of the game, but no one was really joining in as we couldn’t hear it properly, but when the east started singing the other stands joined in. If the singing section was behind the goals in the ff lower it would mean the other stands would be able to hear better and join in. I don’t understand why we sell cheap season tickets in such a prime location in the stadium.