PDA

View Full Version : Tonight’s goals

lord bunberry
26-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Just watched them back. The keeper doesn’t cover himself in glory. I was down the other end so I didn’t have a great view, but he needs to be doing better than that.
https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/status/1022592899614158850?s=21

Scottie
26-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Just watched them back. The keeper doesn’t cover himself in glory. I was down the other end so I didn’t have a great view, but he needs to be doing better than that.
https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/status/1022592899614158850?s=21
:aok: Cheers LB

Souter96Mac
26-07-2018, 09:46 PM
First goal is a howler from Bogdan. Both goals have some poor defending, but great strike for their 2nd. I love Gray's goal. I love that man.

Tyler Durden
26-07-2018, 09:48 PM
First goal is a howler from Bogdan. Both goals have some poor defending, but great strike for their 2nd. I love Gray's goal. I love that man.

Bogdan needs to be saving the second aswell. The way he turns after to check it’s in the net is not inspiring. Did he think it was going wide?

Really needs a big performance next week as many people will have already made their mind up on him.

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 09:50 PM
The first goal was hardly a howler by Bogdan, I'll be putting my pitchfork away. Hard and low, almost a perfect strike. Getting beat on the near post sometimes happens. That #77 clearly had something to prove, some second goal as well.

Lee Marvin
26-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Let's be honest, bogdan looks fairly horrific up to this point. Hopefully a bit of rust has been cleared and he is actually decent

Elephant Stone
26-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Gray made that look easy, quality finish.

21sMay
26-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Gray is just outstanding 😁

wookie70
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM
The first goal wasn't as bad from the Keeper as I thought at the game. It was hit hard from close and at a difficult height. The defending and lack of effort from the outfield players was shocking for both goals. The second was a sweet strike but came from a long way and I think the Keeper was sleeping much like those in front of him.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Bogdan needs to be saving the second aswell. The way he turns after to check it’s in the net is not inspiring. Did he think it was going wide?

Really needs a big performance next week as many people will have already made their mind up on him.For me.it should be Laidlaw in goal next week...no way should Bogdan keep his place after tonight...sorry if that's harsh but he just fills me with panic anytime a shot is on target

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Callum_62
26-07-2018, 10:24 PM
definitely at fault for the first

2nd is just a great hit

maturehibby
26-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Gordon not good enough

Plain and simple
Don't rate Laidlaw too high but streets ahead of Bogdan
Has made howlers everywhere he has played
Rocky with one hand could have saved both goals

Eyrie
I'm in the West so had a good view from behind of their second and, whilst it was a decent strike, I though Bogdan should have saved it at the time. The video just backs that up.

Loved the way Gray composed himself for the equaliser. Felt like slow motion at the time!

One Day Soon
Two Hibs players closing him down for the first goal and neither gets a challenge in. I'd be asking questions of the three or four outfield players who failed to close him out before faulting the kepper. It was beautifully struck and with a lot of power - but he should never have been allowed the chance.

hibsboy69
26-07-2018, 10:34 PM
The first goal was hardly a howler by Bogdan, I'll be putting my pitchfork away. Hard and low, almost a perfect strike. Getting beat on the near post sometimes happens. That #77 clearly had something to prove, some second goal as well.

This post must be a windup ! Are you being serious ?

"hardly a howler"......it's an absolute shocker !

Smartie
26-07-2018, 10:35 PM
1st is a bit sloppy from Bogdan. I think he tries to anticipate the cross and leaves himself exposed at the near post.

Second one is a great hit.

Sadly, I think Whittaker is horribly culpable for both goals. He doesn't spot the danger early enough for the first, then doesn't get across anywhere near quickly enough.

The second one comes from a player having far too much time to get his shot away. Whittaker hasn't blocked any part of the goal when the boy gets a shot (albeit a good one) in off the near post.

I don't think our second half team loses those goals.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Watching them again confirms what I thought at the time, keeper looks far from comfortable - you'd expect a 20 times capped GK, on loan from Liverpool to have a bit more of a presence.

1van Sprou7e
26-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Anyone else think Kamberi was offside?

I thought so at the game and was reluctant to fully celebrate but this angle doesn't offer much clarification

Jim44
26-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Two Hibs players closing him down for the first goal and neither gets a challenge in. I'd be asking questions of the three or four outfield players who failed to close him out before faulting the kepper. It was beautifully struck and with a lot of power - but he should never have been allowed the chance.

Did you mean ‘kipper’.......... bit of a red herring. :greengrin

Diclonius
26-07-2018, 11:10 PM

I thought so at the game and was reluctant to fully celebrate but this angle doesn't offer much clarification

Me and my mate were in line with the goal and we both instinctively thought it was offside.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Watch McGregor for the first, seriously, that is dreadful. He is way more to blame than the goalie. He cannot be charging out initially like that. Horrible defending. It's a small thing but he leaves a huge space behind him because of it.

2nd is a great hit, not the keepers fault. Actually thought his distribution was good. Little else to do.

lord bunberry
26-07-2018, 11:41 PM
The keeper should have saved both goals imo, but the defenders shouldn’t have allowed either chance to have happened. If he had just stood up he’d have stopped the first one, and the second he was far too slow in getting across.

green day
26-07-2018, 11:43 PM

Nope

SMAXXA
26-07-2018, 11:45 PM

That was definitely a howler

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 02:06 AM
Extended (ish) highlights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44976452

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 02:08 AM
Said on the PM board that I was sitting pretty much inline with their first goal and if Bogdan doesn't touch it then the ball is going out for a throw in over by the East Stand, his mistake was that bad!

Austinho
27-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Hanlon did excellently driving forward in the second half, especially setting up Boyle to provide the winner. Great from a centre half.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Watch McGregor for the first, seriously, that is dreadful. He is way more to blame than the goalie. He cannot be charging out initially like that. Horrible defending. It's a small thing but he leaves a huge space behind him because of it.

2nd is a great hit, not the keepers fault. Actually thought his distribution was good. Little else to do.

I thought our defenders were all guilty of thus throughout the first half actually- allowed them to 'play around the corner in almost all of their attacks.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-07-2018, 05:31 AM
That was definitely a howler

First for sure - the keeper put it in!

Second, the more I see it the more I think it's a great strike, but at the game I thought the keeper should have done better. Prob say it was a great strike.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 05:41 AM
Eh? Are you serious? Even HIBS TV said “More of a cross than a shot”. Filed under howlers in my book.Shudda done better with the second also. “#77 clearly had something to prove” ? Better get used to it the SPFL starts a week on Sunday and a second leg in Greece wi loads o players with something to prove!!! No need for pitchforks just need a decent reliable keeper is that too much to ask?

Sir David Gray
27-07-2018, 06:00 AM
Me and my mate were in line with the goal and we both instinctively thought it was offside.

I thought he was offside at the time too but this would suggest he's at least level with the last defender.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-07-2018, 06:22 AM
For our first did Ambrose get credited with it ? Looks like it was boyles

happiehibbie
27-07-2018, 06:42 AM
I have not been comfortable with the keeper from the off . He just does not look comfortable.

The first goal is a shocker.

The second goal was a great strike if I am honest no keeper was stopping it I was right behind it.

my issue with our keeper is high balls seems to be "washing Windows" does not get down quick enough to low ones.

A shot in the second half he dived low and the ball was in the air basically no where near it.

I dont know how he does in training and NL obviously does not like Laidlaw.

We will see how good he is with the second leg as he will be very busy.

happiehibbie
27-07-2018, 06:47 AM
1st is a bit sloppy from Bogdan. I think he tries to anticipate the cross and leaves himself exposed at the near post.

Second one is a great hit.

Sadly, I think Whittaker is horribly culpable for both goals. He doesn't spot the danger early enough for the first, then doesn't get across anywhere near quickly enough.

The second one comes from a player having far too much time to get his shot away. Whittaker hasn't blocked any part of the goal when the boy gets a shot (albeit a good one) in off the near post.

I don't think our second half team loses those goals.

Whittaker ! what about Ambrose he is still looking for there winger Ambrose exposed Whitts with ever pass inside when Slivka was the out ball. Whitts seems to be the fall guy for us at the moment. Ambrose was awful last night

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 06:50 AM
keeper should have saved the first and the the marking for the second was crap as well, apart from that we were actually not to badin the first half, hopefully push on from this now and lennon plays them in their correct positions

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 06:51 AM
I have not been comfortable with the keeper from the off . He just does not look comfortable.

The first goal is a shocker.

The second goal was a great strike if I am honest no keeper was stopping it I was right behind it.

my issue with our keeper is high balls seems to be "washing Windows" does not get down quick enough to low ones.

A shot in the second half he dived low and the ball was in the air basically no where near it.

I dont know how he does in training and NL obviously does not like Laidlaw.

We will see how good he is with the second leg as he will be very busy.
Have to admit second was some strike took it very quickly looked as if going past the post seemed to swerve at last minute and hit the post on the way in. Bogdan looked like a man than that thought the ball was going past the post and seemed surprised to see it lying in the pokey. Still no convinced. If he had managed to get the slightest touch on the ball might have deflected it out for a corner but fair dues some strike!

jakedance
27-07-2018, 07:01 AM
The first goal is a shocker. The second is better than I’d thought at the time but I still think the keeper might do better, probably can’t be too criticised for it though. Both came from Ambrose, Whittaker and Slivka being a bit of a shambles protecting our right flank.

Sprouleflyer
27-07-2018, 07:24 AM
For our first did Ambrose get credited with it ? Looks like it was boyles

Ambrose did his somersault after scoring, I don't think he would have done that if the ball had not rebounded off him. That's my take on who scored the goal.

Hibs90
27-07-2018, 07:29 AM
Marciano is ten times the keeper Bogdan is. Bogdan looks like he couldn't save a feather if it came flying at him.

TheMentalHibees
27-07-2018, 07:39 AM
We all know bogdan is just here to cover for rocky till his hand has healed, but he doesn’t half give me heart palpitations. Nothing he can do about the second but the first is stinking. Just get the feeling with him that if the other team can get a shot on target it’s going in.

One thing he did great last night was distribute the ball well in the second half, got us forward quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
27-07-2018, 08:02 AM
The first is just as much McGregor's fault as the keepers IMO. Watch the first goal and focus on McGregor. He comes charging out of his centre half position for no reason and leaves a gaping hole for the boy to run in to.

Overall a great result and brilliant second half performance. This team doesn't know when it's beat. Those 2 away goals could be costly though.

CockneyRebel
29-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Does the parry from the keeper, making him the last man the ball came off, not make a difference?

erin go bragh
29-07-2018, 06:18 PM
We all know bogdan is just here to cover for rocky till his hand has healed, but he doesn’t half give me heart palpitations. Nothing he can do about the second but the first is stinking. Just get the feeling with him that if the other team can get a shot on target it’s going in.

One thing he did great last night was distribute the ball well in the second half, got us forward quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He made a great save in the second half , when he tipped the ball over the bar .
Its a hard gig being a keeper for us . We were spoiled with Rough,Gorum and Leighton back in the day.
Bogdan has played three in Europe and we have won every game .
I hope he keeps a clean sheet on Thurs and everyone starts backing him.