PDA

View Full Version : One negative of this evening

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Brilliant result tonight after a poor start. That's the Hibs I know and love, never let them have anything 2nd half and thoroughly deserved it.

Sadly, as often happens with big games, a few idiots were out tonight. One bloke behind me shouting abuse all first half. I turned round and looked at him and before a word is said he threatens to hit me. I just laughed at him and we exchanged a few verbals with him offering to fight me outside. He was absolutely steaming and annoying everyone around us and calling me all sorts. I planned to speak to a steward at half time but he and I assume his dad left, missing a brilliant Hibs come back.

This was FF upper, just to the right of the goal. I'll probably speak to the club if he is back and at it again at the Motherwell match.

Scooter
26-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Brilliant result tonight after a poor start. That's the Hibs I know and love, never let them have anything 2nd half and thoroughly deserved it.

Sadly, as often happens with big games, a few idiots were out tonight. One bloke behind me shouting abuse all first half. I turned round and looked at him and before a word is said he threatens to hit me. I just laughed at him and we exchanged a few verbals with him offering to fight me outside. He was absolutely steaming and annoying everyone around us and calling me all sorts. I planned to speak to a steward at half time but he and I assume his dad left, missing a brilliant Hibs come back.

This was FF upper, just to the right of the goal. I'll probably speak to the club if he is back and at it again at the Motherwell match.
Guy behind me moaned all game. Shouted we are **** from corner never score. Boom step up Efe

Springbank
26-07-2018, 09:43 PM
no idea what your argument was about but if it was about whittaker and bogdan, well, how many warning signs do our management need?
lets not get carried away.
great win but much better with round pegs in round holes from the 46th minute.

Lendo
26-07-2018, 09:44 PM
A couple of fans fighting each other after the match outside the Four In Hand....

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 09:46 PM
no idea what your argument was about but if it was about whittaker and bogdan, well, how many warning signs do out management need?
much better with round pegs in round holes from the 46th minute.
Wasn't about any player in particular, more his aggressive and drunken behaviour.

Bay Area Hibees
27-07-2018, 04:16 AM
Annoying to have game negatively effected by clowns like that.

HelmutSchlong
27-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Always disappointing to hear of things like this

Not Hibs class I’m afraid

Future17
27-07-2018, 05:21 AM
no idea what your argument was about but if it was about whittaker and bogdan, well, how many warning signs do our management need?

It doesn't matter what it was about.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2018, 05:48 AM
Unfortunate fact of life every support has a###holes. Alcohol has a lot to answer for!

The Leith Dutch
27-07-2018, 06:10 AM

Y'see this is the kind of post that winds people up.

The topic is piss poor, negative behaviour.

Your point - a perfectly decent one involving concerns about Whittaker and Bogdan that I can't disagree are not also concerns for me.

But why make the point here?

In doing so the implication is that the ******** behind this guy abusing the team and trying to start a fight is somehow justified if he was doing so in response to Whittaker and Bogdan.

Now I assume you don't mean that so why make the point here?
There are whole threads dedicated to those players.

SirDavidsNapper
27-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I'm just sick of Hibs playing with my emotions. They've probably taken a few years off my life over my time on the planet. Sick of it. Love them though.

The Modfather
27-07-2018, 07:14 AM
The two neds fighting on Albion road amongst the masses making their way out after the game. Clearly can’t handle their drink in this heat.

They were pulled apart and was quite funny watching one of them play the big man giving it the “do you know who I am, I’m (enter some name that means nothing to anyone)” chat as they were being separated.

The Green Goblin
27-07-2018, 07:21 AM
The two neds fighting on Albion road amongst the masses making their way out after the game. Clearly can’t handle their drink in this heat.

They were pulled apart and was quite funny watching one of them play the big man giving it the “do you know who I am, I’m (enter some name that means nothing to anyone)” chat as they were being separated.

Did he find out who he was in the end?

calumhibee1
27-07-2018, 07:30 AM

Did you know who he was? Did anyone? We should start a campaign to raise awareness of who the guy is.

Roxyhibee
27-07-2018, 07:30 AM

Haha - I’ll bet he could round up a “posse” as well of similar wee a***holes within an hour to fight his battles for him. Utter loser.

stoneyburn hibs
27-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Did you know who he was? Did anyone? We should start a campaign to raise awareness of who the guy is.

Ronnie Pickering

GreenOnions
27-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Ronnie Pickering

Ha, ha 😂

calumhibee1
27-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Ronnie Pickering

😂

BH Hibs
27-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Ronnie Pickering

Who? :greengrin

Diclonius
27-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Ronnie Pickering

Haha, well done.

One Day Soon
27-07-2018, 08:24 AM

So do we know who he is and if not, why not? Recognition for the Albion Road 1.

GreenOnions
27-07-2018, 08:32 AM
I'm Ronnie Pickering

https://youtu.be/r0dcv6GKNNw

stantonhibby
27-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Don't know if it was the same bloke but there was one young bloke out his tree making a right nuisance of himself on Albion Rd after the game......trying to push someone off their bike, stole someones cap and generally trying to pick a fight with anyone. Complete bellend

RyeSloan
27-07-2018, 02:00 PM
I'm Ronnie Pickering

https://youtu.be/r0dcv6GKNNw

Ha ha that’s brilliant!! [emoji23]

Golden Bear
27-07-2018, 02:19 PM
A negative ? The fact that I couldn't buy a bottle of water from the caterers in the West Stand without them first pouring it into a plastic cup. All i wanted was to take the bottle to my seat so that i could have a swig out of it every now and again. Apparently it could be used a missile so the plastic bottles of water which were on display were not for sale as such. I pointed out that I could equally launch a plastic tumbler filled with water. It's both funny and pathetic.

🙄

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 02:28 PM
A negative ? The fact that I couldn't buy a bottle of water from the caterers in the West Stand without them first pouring it into a plastic cup. All i wanted was to take the bottle to my seat so that i could have a swig out of it every now and again. Apparently it could be used a missile so the plastic bottles of water which were on display were not for sale as such. I pointed out that I could equally launch a plastic tumbler filled with water. It's both funny and pathetic.

🙄

Not saying the rule isn't a daft one, but you're far more likely to hurt another person launching a closed bottle of water than you are an open plastic tumbler.

I know which one I'd prefer to hit the back of my heid if I was sat 10 rows in front of you :greengrin

SChibs
27-07-2018, 02:39 PM

🙄

Common practice at many large scale events such as football matches and concerts. In order to get a liscence for things like this they'll need to ensure they are doing all they can to keep people safe. You get daft, drunk people at football games where there's a good chance a full bottle could end up getting lobbed at a player or official. Much less liquid comes out when you throw a bottle rather than a cup hence the rule.

Lago
27-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Strange relationship Scottish football has with alcohol, they just don't mix, yet today I read about Spurs bright new stadium & it's large bar capable of serving thousands of fans who can then view the game drink in hand looking through a glass panel.

seanoheimhin
27-07-2018, 03:25 PM
What is it about European games that, in my experience, brings people like this out? More so even than trips to Hampden?

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Strange relationship Scottish football has with alcohol, they just don't mix, yet today I read about Spurs bright new stadium & it's large bar capable of serving thousands of fans who can then view the game drink in hand looking through a glass panel.

You're not allowed to drink alcohol in view if the pitch at English matches.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 03:26 PM
What is it about European games that, in my experience, brings people like this out? More so even than trips to Hampden?

And trips abroad. Magnet for our not so nice supporters.

Lago
27-07-2018, 03:52 PM
You're not allowed to drink alcohol in view if the pitch at English matches.
Your right, what they have is a bar capable of serving 10k punters a minute & the tunnel club where you can view the players moving from dressing rooms to the pitch. However my main point was alcohol & Scottish football dont mix a set up like Spurs is unthinkable in Scotland.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Your right, what they have is a bar capable of serving 10k punters a minute & the tunnel club where you can view the players moving from dressing rooms to the pitch. However my main point was alcohol & Scottish football dont mix a set up like Spurs is unthinkable in Scotland.

Gotcha, you're even allowed plastic bottles of juice/water in your seat at English matches.

Lago
27-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Gotcha, you're even allowed plastic bottles of juice/water in your seat at English matches.
Progress I guess it's called. :greengrin

hibee
27-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Was he sitting around KK60? Surely there can’t have been two. Absolute lunatic, arrived drunk and angry and only stopped around half time when the older guy behind threatened to have him removed.

Gibby the Hibby
27-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Its a combo, of the weather, the kick off time, giving the lightweights all day to drink and then go to the game
by the time the first half is over, they need to sleep.abuse or fight.!

It could be worse, imagine ibrox when sevco play in these games, v.high percentage of loon

Nakedmanoncrack
27-07-2018, 05:16 PM

Not so much a magnet, these people are always there - its just that their alcohol intake rises and inevitably so does their idiocy.

The Pointer
27-07-2018, 05:19 PM

The Ryanair flight to Copenhagen for the Brondby game was spoiled by some complete nutters stoned out their heads on whatever. It was cringeworthy and made me and my son feel completely embarrassed to be Hibs fans and was the worst behaviour I've ever seen on a plane.

It was generally a great support but I'd rather some guys couldn't afford the plane fare as they can't handle hot weather and a few beers.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Not so much a magnet, these people are always there - its just that their alcohol intake rises and inevitably so does their idiocy.

So next week in Greece if I see a naked man out his head its likely that its you? :greengrin

snooky
27-07-2018, 05:25 PM
The Ryanair flight to Copenhagen for the Brondby game was spoiled by some complete nutters stoned out their heads on whatever. It was cringeworthy and made me and my son feel completely embarrassed to be Hibs fans and was the worst behaviour I've ever seen on a plane.

It was generally a great support but I'd rather some guys couldn't afford the plane fare as they can't handle hot weather and a few beers.

Some numbskulls don't realise that when they are abroad they represent their team (and country as well).
The impression they leave is the impression the locals their will have of us all. Sad but true.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-07-2018, 05:27 PM
So next week in Greece if I see a naked man out his head its likely that its you? :greengrin

Ha, not at all - my username is no hint at my standards of behaviour :wink:
Though, if we are honest - many of us have done daft things, been a bit out of order etc on trips away, whether with Hibs, Scotland or nothing to do with football, I'm no different.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Some numbskulls don't realise that when they are abroad they represent their team (and country as well).
The impression they leave is the impression the locals their will have of us all. Sad but true.

I know, Manchester folks still hate folk from Glasgow. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Ha, not at all - my username is no hint at my standards of behaviour :wink:
Though, if we are honest - many of us have done daft things, been a bit out of order etc on trips away, whether with Hibs, Scotland or nothing to do with football, I'm no different.

Me too, I can think of one particular time in a bar in Hamburg there was 14 of us and the barman wouldn't serve my mate because.... actually I'll just leave that there. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Did anyone see the bloke in the West Lower out of his tree on something annoying everyone?

His mate floored him with a head butt at the end of the game!

snooky
27-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Did anyone see the bloke in the West Lower out of his tree on something annoying everyone?

That's what real mates have to do sometimes to stop you getting a right doing from others. Well done, his mate.

Silky
27-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Ha ha. Really? I was in West Lower with my two kids and never noticed. Mind you, I did encounter a few trumpets!

Lago
27-07-2018, 07:03 PM
They don't care.

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2018, 07:16 PM
Was he sitting around KK60? Surely there can’t have been two. Absolute lunatic, arrived drunk and angry and only stopped around half time when the older guy behind threatened to have him removed.Haha, almost. He was a few rows in front of him. I know the guy you're talking about as well, wasn't sure why he stopped but this explains it. They were both awful first half

Gibby the Hibby
27-07-2018, 07:35 PM
I know, Manchester folks still hate folk from Glasgow. :greengrin

barca fans not too keen on the huns visiting again!,,but who would be!

I remember reading barcelona official saying " I do not know how celtic and the rest of scotland put up with these rangers fans"

but then again , that was a totally different club all together. same fans for sevco unfort,
genuinely feel for the fair and decent gers fans........... but only slightly.and we know what its like to an extent

Carheenlea
27-07-2018, 07:42 PM

:hilarious a fun for all the family night out.