Not In The Know
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Deserves his own thread. What a performance in the second half. :not worth

bingo70
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Absolutely superb

bawheid
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
The guy’s a machine up and down that left flank. Some superb crosses too.

21sMay
26-07-2018, 09:36 PM
totally dependable. always a 7.5 out of 10 minimum from Lewis . outstanding player who has had a great career

Smartie
26-07-2018, 09:36 PM
His "end product" is markedly improved on even a year ago.

Superb player and had a great game tonight.

MagicSwirlingShip
26-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Just keeps getting better, and better.

7/10 at least every week. Mr Hibs!

Elephant Stone
26-07-2018, 09:41 PM
I've only in the last few seasons become fully convinced by Lewis but there's no doubt about it now, he's taken his game to the next level.

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Love the little fella 💚

C Feeney-Seale
26-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Love the little fella [emoji172]

Outstanding. I was shocked to hear so much criticism of him again around me tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacoluna
26-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Why don't you just merge this thread with the thousand of other "Stevenson.. deserves his on thread" threads.
He was poor 1st half, good second half just like the rest.

tamig
26-07-2018, 10:06 PM
He was great second half. Some of his deliveries were top notch. He was always there when we were bombing forward.

gaz1875
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM
I just wish Hanlon would look to his left more instead of wanting to play a 40 yard diagonal all the time, Lewie took up some fantastic positions but wasn't getting enough of the ball.

superfurryhibby
26-07-2018, 10:14 PM
I just wish Hnlon would look to his left more instead of wanting to play a 40 yard diagonal all the time, Lewie took up some fantastic positions but wasn't getting enough of the ball.

Have to say we were saying this too. Very odd.

Lewis was everything we have come to expect from him. He worked really hard, defended well and pressed the team on. Strong as an ox too. Liked the way he took out one of their guys following a wee bit afters on McGinn, worth the booking to just show the cants that we’ll take no Tom Kite.

Criswell
26-07-2018, 11:31 PM
Lot of great performances in that second-half , but I would certainly pick out Lewis's as outstanding.

SunshineOnLeith
26-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Why don't you just merge this thread with the thousand of other "Stevenson.. deserves his on thread" threads.

We lost two stupid goals down our right. Simmer ya rocket.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Best player in the world, it’s not even a debate. Close thread.

I’m gonna be heartbroken when he retires. My favourite ever Hibs player.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2018, 11:39 PM

I’m gonna be heartbroken when he retires. My favourite ever Hibs player.Jeez that will be 1 sad day...the man is just a legend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ValleyHibee
27-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Doesn't get the credit he deserves as he is a far better fitba player than I ever thought.

JohnM1875
27-07-2018, 12:15 AM
Outstanding. I was shocked to hear so much criticism of him again around me tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizarre right?

It seems some people will just never take to him. They'll unfortunately realise when he's gone just how lucky we were to have Lewie.

Easily in my top 5 favourite Hibs players ever.

Stantons Angel
27-07-2018, 12:19 AM

Sometimes i just dont know why people bother with this kind of cryptic comment when saying nothing would be better.

why cant you just let the laddie have a good night in a green and white strip and after all the crap he has had to put up with over the past few years, just let him have the praise he deserves?

He wasnt just like the rest in the second half he was brilliant! He runs his heart out and always makes himself available to receive the ball. He is a key player in our team and has Hibs in his heart.

It wouldnt do you any harm just to concede the wee guy is brilliant!

pacoluna
27-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Sometimes i just dont know why people bother with this kind of cryptic comment when saying nothing would be better.

why cant you just let the laddie have a good night in a green and white strip and after all the crap he has had to put up with over the past few years, just let him have the praise he deserves?

He wasnt just like the rest in the second half he was brilliant! He runs his heart out and always makes himself available to receive the ball. He is a key player in our team and has Hibs in his heart.

It wouldnt do you any harm just to concede the wee guy is brilliant!
Are you feeling insecure or something, Stevenson is a very important player and has proved any remaining doubters wrong. He doesn't need his own thread every week after a good performance though! It comes across as patronising to me.

pacoluna
27-07-2018, 06:48 AM
We lost two stupid goals down our right. Simmer ya rocket.

Grow up. Stop patronising the guy with constant threads about him eveytime he plays well, it's as if he still has something to prove when he doesn't.

Bristolhibby
27-07-2018, 06:48 AM
Deserves his own thread. What a performance in the second half. :not worth

Title of the thread should include the Suffix “Scotland Internationalist”.

This should be manditatory when mentioning Lewis Stevenson: Scotland Internationalist.

J

jakedance
27-07-2018, 06:53 AM
I thought he was brilliant. Ball control/first touch and his crossing into the box are much improved and it’s no coincidence they kept attacking us down our right side. Mr Dependable.

Haymaker
27-07-2018, 07:06 AM

I’m gonna be heartbroken when he retires. My favourite ever Hibs player.

It's a ****ing joke that people even think Messi or Ronaldo are the best players in the world.

They cannot touch Lewis Stevenson.

Centre Hawf
27-07-2018, 07:09 AM
The day I stop hearing certain fannies in the crowd giving it “We need better at left back if we want to move on” will be the day I stop replying to threads like this.

Lewis was brilliant again tonight. I genuinely may cry the day he retires. Hopefully not till 2028.

Allant1981
27-07-2018, 07:16 AM
how good was his crossing last night, he seems to be getting better and better, it would cost us a fair bit of money to get someone of equal ability never mind better

hibee_girl
27-07-2018, 08:10 AM
I wasn’t there last night but I wholeheartedly agree that he was man of the match :greengrin

Austinho
27-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Scotland internationalist Lewis Stevenson is looking like the incredibly promising youngster we all got so excited about when he got man of the match in the 2007 League Cup Final. Convinced he’s always been great - just lost his way for a few years through poor management.

MyJo
27-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Title of the thread should include the Suffix “Scotland Internationalist”.

This should be manditatory when mentioning Lewis Stevenson: Scotland Internationalist.

J

Your doing the guy a disservice there.

Lewis Stevenson: Scottish internationalist, Championship, league cup & Scottish cup winner; Hibs Legend. :greengrin

Sean1875
27-07-2018, 08:33 AM
I am so in love with him.

Big_Franck
27-07-2018, 08:35 AM
His "end product" is markedly improved on even a year ago.

Superb player and had a great game tonight.

Totally agree. This used to drive me insane about Lewis but he has definitely improved there. The last 2 or 3 seasons he seems to have improved each year and last year was the best of his career IMO. The amount of effort the boy puts in is unreal as well.

Telling that the Greek side only caused us problems down our right side, in the first and occasionally in the second half. They got hee haw from Lewis in either half and he was a great attacking threat for us, particularly in the second half. Gawn the wee man!

SideBurns
27-07-2018, 09:17 AM
The one thing about his game that was obviously lacking was the ability to cross a ball, he just didnae look confident in the final third. He's certainly sorted that out - some of the balls he swung in from the left last night were superb.

snooky
27-07-2018, 09:19 AM
The day I stop hearing certain fannies in the crowd giving it “We need better at left back if we want to move on” will be the day I stop replying to threads like this.

Lewis was brilliant again tonight. I genuinely may cry the day he retires. Hopefully not till 2028.

Me2

Jim44
27-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Great club servant, has to find a niche at ER when he hangs his boots up.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2018, 09:23 AM
I think Stevenson’s game has improved massively in the last year or so.

I was always in the ‘we need better’ camp. I think on our budget, it’s be hard to get a more dependable full back than him now. Excluding Tierney, who is a better left back in the league at the moment?

Smartie
27-07-2018, 09:35 AM
I think Stevenson’s game has improved massively in the last year or so.

I was always in the ‘we need better’ camp. I think on our budget, it’s be hard to get a more dependable full back than him now. Excluding Tierney, who is a better left back in the league at the moment?

There have been a few decent other left-backs - Lee Wallace, Graeme Shinnie to name 2, but I'd have Lewis over those 2 now.

I've actually seen Tierney have more bad games than I've seen Lewis have. Not saying Lewis is better, but I just don't think we can get anyone nearly as good as Lewis Stevenson on our budget.

Onion
27-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Never been a big fan of LS but, like Hanlon, he’s.come on leaps and bounds under Lennon. Amazing progress for a player so late in his career. and great to see.

Winston Ingram
27-07-2018, 11:24 AM
He was phenomenal last night.

I love that man😍🇳🇬

JDHibs
27-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Unreal engine on him.

88th minute he tried to knock it past the winger and sprint 30-40 yards after it!

Always an outlet aswell out wide, just wish he would try and run in behind more!

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2018, 01:25 PM
how good was his crossing last night, he seems to be getting better and better, it would cost us a fair bit of money to get someone of equal ability never mind better

I mentioned this during the match thread last night, he was excellent, he has definitely practiced, hopefully quite a few assists coming his way this season:thumbsup:

CMac1988
27-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Unreal engine on him.

88th minute he tried to knock it past the winger and sprint 30-40 yards after it!

Always an outlet aswell out wide, just wish he would try and run in behind more!

This for me. Needs to learn to mix it up a bit more to be less predictable. As many have said his crossing has come on leaps and bounds but I'd like to see him get beyond the defender and cross from the byline more often. He certainly has the pace for it. Needs to be confident in his abilities at times.

Always been a fan and for all the stick he gets he'd walk in to pretty much every squad in the league with the exception of one or two.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 03:31 PM
I want to adopt him. 💚

cjward2
27-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Okay, another "Lewie Love-In" thread (but I think he deserves it).
What frosts my flakes though, is that if we have all this love for him - then how come we do not hear more singing of songs for him??
He's a "double-cup winning, testimonial player, always puts in his best, club ambassador, Mr. Hibs, etc, etc, etc" But where are the songs?
Love to hear them singing his name at the game far more.
I think he deserves it.
Just saying like....

HoboHarry
27-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I want to adopt him. 💚
Balls to that, wife would be all over him.

Aw haud oan - that's an idea to get the auld mare from speaking to me........:greengrin

Stantons Angel
27-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Are you feeling insecure or something, Stevenson is a very important player and has proved any remaining doubters wrong. He doesn't need his own thread every week after a good performance though! It comes across as patronising to me.

that made me laugh!

If pepople want to take the time to say good things about Lewis then i dont see what is patronising about it myself?

Compared to the batterings he has been used to receiving its sure to do his confidence the world of good and lift his game.

Thecat23
27-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Balls to that, wife would be all over him.

Aw haud oan - that's an idea to get the auld mare from speaking to me........:greengrin

😂😂

HibbyAndy
27-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Outstanding

His crosses were superb last night , His energy levels are actually frightening , Has never ever chickened out a 50/50 , Infact he has never lost one

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2018, 05:35 PM
What frosts my flakes though, is that if we have all this love for him - then how come we do not hear more singing of songs for him??
He's a "double-cup winning, testimonial player, always puts in his best, club ambassador, Mr. Hibs, etc, etc, etc" But where are the songs?
I think he deserves it.
Just saying like....

He's a "double-cup winning, testimonial player.

could use that as one of the lines:thumbsup:

WeAreHibs
27-07-2018, 06:09 PM
The We Are Hibs song by Graeme Hunter songs about "Lewys got 2". The club have played it a couple times, don't know why it's played more often or even every game. They have a Facebook group and I think it can be downloaded from their website.

Catch22
27-07-2018, 06:13 PM
The Kirkcaldy Pele

Centre Hawf
28-07-2018, 10:40 AM
“Heres to you Lewis Stevenson, Hibs fans love you more than you will know. Woah oh oh” - to the tune of Mrs Robinson

Simple. Effective.

Johnny_Leith
28-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Outstanding

His crosses were superb last night , His energy levels are actually frightening , Has never ever chickened out a 50/50 , Infact he has never lost one

It would be a 100/0 in that case then wouldn't it 😉 actually it really is a 60/40 for lewy.

He's a great servant and hopefully can keep it up for years to come.

Hibby Bairn
28-07-2018, 11:15 AM
There have been a few decent other left-backs - Lee Wallace, Graeme Shinnie to name 2, but I'd have Lewis over those 2 now.

I've actually seen Tierney have more bad games than I've seen Lewis have. Not saying Lewis is better, but I just don't think we can get anyone nearly as good as Lewis Stevenson on our budget.

What about the Greek LB that scored the two goals?

calumhibee1
28-07-2018, 12:36 PM

He was very good I thought. Shame for him that he’s still not as good as Lewis though :greengrin

Northernhibee
28-07-2018, 01:07 PM

Never won the Scottish cup, has he?

Centre Hawf
28-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Never won the Scottish cup, has he?

Or the League Cup, or the Scottish Championship, or played internationally.

The_Horde
28-07-2018, 10:21 PM
I think he deserves it.
Just saying like....

There was one the other night. Fairly loud too.

hibee_girl
02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Feared the worst when he went down injured but obviously forgot just how tough he is :greengrin

Couldn't believe he just carried on :hibees

Luna5
02-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Feared the worst when he went down injured but obviously forgot just how tough he is :greengrin

Couldn't believe he just carried on :hibees

He will at for it I suspect