PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Callum_62
26-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Must play centrally.

The Mcginn, Slivka, Mallan midfield looks quite balanced 2nd half

J-C
26-07-2018, 09:32 PM
He was superb in the 2nd half, why he was rwb to start was baffling, thankfully Lennon changed it quickly. For a big man he has great feet and touch.

Billychaotic182
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
He was great second half. Missed a sitter though

Bob Box Fish
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
I’m still not convinced by him but agree he had a better second half through the middle.

Keyser Sauzee
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
He’s a good player when played central. like the midfield 3 in the second half looked really good together.

Speedway
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
The boy looks the business. Needs a run in the side.

Callum_62
26-07-2018, 09:36 PM
He was great second half. Missed a sitter though

He did have to arch his neck somewhat - sldve hit the target

I thought him mcginn and mallan dominated the middle of the park 2nd half

He takes up some nice positions in between the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Brilliant second half, as you say he’s got to play centrally. He will play a big part this season.

GlesgaeHibby
26-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Was superb - hopefully Lennon now sees he needs to play centrally and is wasted out wide. Team/shape that started second half was what I felt was our strongest team coming into the game, and looked well balanced.

Lendo
26-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Fantastic. Thought he was as good as McGinn second half. Hoping to see him start more in the centre.

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 09:51 PM
He was completely lost in the first half in that RWB role. Looked much more better when he was moved centrally in the 2nd half. We weren’t getting overrun as easily as we were in the 1st half

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Play. Him. Centrally.

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 09:53 PM
I was at a different game again he did okay after a very poor first half all this brilliant, superb you are having a giraffe.

I take it peeps posting superb etc thought McGinn was better than Inesta ?

FitbaFolkKen
26-07-2018, 09:58 PM
I was at a different game again he did okay after a very poor first half all this brilliant, superb you are having a giraffe.

I thought he was very good, found space, quick feet, some good through balls, interceptions and a level of workrate that wasn’t evident out wide.

He always seems keen to drive forward, was his interception and direct running that brought them down to ten men.

Wasted out wide.

On the flip side I thought Mallan looked better playing slightly deeper, as a midfield three they were very good second half.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Very good second half, tried his best first half but it's not his position. Don't know why Lennon persists with trying it. I'm still not totally convinced by him but he's hard done by with the position he regularly gets told to play which just doesn't suit him at all.

tonyrougier123
26-07-2018, 10:02 PM
He was completely lost in the first half in that RWB role. Looked much more better when he was moved centrally in the 2nd half. We weren’t getting overrun as easily as we were in the 1st half

a fit David Gray has to be starting games on the right anyway. only not sure his central cover should be effe as he likes a wander.

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:05 PM
I thought he was very good, found space, quick feet, some good through balls, interceptions and a level of workrate that wasn’t evident out wide.

He always seems keen to drive forward, was his interception and direct running that brought them down to ten men.

Wasted out wide.

On the flip side I thought Mallan looked better playing slightly deeper, as a midfield three they were very good second half.

Mallan had a great view of their second watched the guy step inside him and had a great line of sight for the shot

FitbaFolkKen
26-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Mallan had a great view of their second watched the guy step inside him and had a great line of sight for the shot

I didn’t see it very clearly was at the other end but as I said I thought he looked better second half. Possibly because we were consistently on the front foot.

And I don’t think it’s even debatable about McGinn and Iniesta ;)

FRes Hibbie
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Him at right back in the first half was mental. I cannot understand how that was even considered.

GRA
26-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Need to play centrally every game. Wasted in any other position. If we balance the midfield like we did 2nd half he will be a big player for us this season. Credit to Parker/Lenny for changing that 2nd half but should never have set up that way in the first place, Whittaker had a mare.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

HibeeDaz6270
26-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Lennon got it completely wrong first half with Slivka & Whittaker.

But fair play as he was bold enough to change it around at half time.

Slivka needs to play through the middle & looks a very good player, one of the first names on the team sheet for me if played in the right position.

Mallan also looked comfortable dropping deeper, so a good balance.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 10:17 PM
He was very good in the 2nd half.

I really don’t see why Lennon thinks he is a wide player, he has never once convinced out there.

3pm
26-07-2018, 10:21 PM
He was very good in the 2nd half.

I really don’t see why Lennon thinks he is a wide player, he has never once convinced out there.

Played very well in the 5-5. Think that’s why he has tried it again.

Golden Bear
26-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Jury is still very much out on Slivka as far as I'm concerned. I just don't see what others see and he's done little to impress . Hopefully in time I'll be proved wrong and he'll prove he's worth a regular place in the team.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2018, 10:29 PM

I take it peeps posting superb etc thought McGinn was better than Inesta ?Slivka was Instrumental in our 2nd half performance...not sure why you couldn't see that??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
26-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Slivka was absolute class in the second half.

gaz1875
26-07-2018, 10:34 PM
His first thoughts are forward passing and movement, okay he occasionally gets caught but has a fantastic touch and pass.

Easy switch during the game to move him into the center and SW to the right, can't believe it took until half time to do it.

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Slivka was Instrumental in our 2nd half performance...not sure why you couldn't see that??

I am not sure why you could :aok:
As I say he did okay in the second half but he was no where near running the show. Hanlon Efe McGinnMallon Lewis and Boyle all did more imho. Some peeps on here definitely see a different player to me.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2018, 10:36 PM
As I say he did okay I the second half but he was no where near running the show. Hanlon Efe McGinn Lewis and Boyle all did more imho. Some peeps on here definitely see a different player to me.All about opinions mate ...I agree with the others you say but personally thought Slivka was brilliant 2nd half.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Played very well in the 5-5. Think that’s why he has tried it again.

I read a lot about how good he was in the 5-5 and to an exten I agree he was decent going forward. Rangers tore us apart down that side when they were attacking though and Slivka never seemed to have the ability to tuck in and do the defensive side.

He will come into his own when he is played in an attacking midfield role, anything else just seems like wasting his talent imo.

RyeSloan
26-07-2018, 10:38 PM

I take it peeps posting superb etc thought McGinn was better than Inesta ?

Ha ha you are a cheery sort.

McGinn MoM by miles...no need to compare him to Iniesta to see that.

Slivka, instrumental in dominating the midfield in the second half and played a big part in a fabulous second half come back.

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Ha ha you are a cheery sort.

McGinn MoM by miles...no need to compare him to Iniesta to see that.

Slivka, instrumental in dominating the midfield in the second half and played a big part in a fabulous second half come back.

You are wrong you are the cheery chap and clearly see things i dont. :aok:

RyeSloan
26-07-2018, 11:02 PM
You are wrong you are the cheery chap and clearly see things i dont. :aok:

Hee hee fair enough...I certainly am cheery tonight after that second half. Pure guts and guile from every one of the 11 on the park tonight in that second half and a come back to remember.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 11:57 PM
I read a lot about how good he was in the 5-5 and to an exten I agree he was decent going forward. Rangers tore us apart down that side when they were attacking though and Slivka never seemed to have the ability to tuck in and do the defensive side.

He will come into his own when he is played in an attacking midfield role, anything else just seems like wasting his talent imo.
Every goal in the 5-5 was lost from the middle of the park, not Slivkas side. Otherwise you are correct though, he is so much better central. Never a rwb.

Mikey09
27-07-2018, 12:01 AM
Changed the entire dynamics of the game in his central position second half. Anyone who can't admit that doesn't like the lad.

JohnM1875
27-07-2018, 12:03 AM
If anything tonight shows Viki needs to play centrally. Was phenomenal second half! Great at driving forward with the ball and was really intelligent taking the extra touch to draw the foul for the Asteras red card.

What I love about him is his heads always up. Even when in possession he's always up looking for a pass. And when he does pass it's into space and actually in front of the player to run on to! Think he'll shine for us this season.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2018, 01:13 AM
I have to admit I'm in the 'still to be convinced by Slivka' camp …. but more performances like his second half one last night will go a long way towards convincing me he has what it takes, he was very good. Still need to see more of him there to be sure though.

GonzoReturns
27-07-2018, 01:28 AM
For me he’s the most technical footballer we have. He might not have the same robustness as others but watching him tonight he was on a par with every opposition player.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 01:54 AM
The boy a class act. Important player for us next week. Whittaker should be nowhere near the starting 11.

GoalsMcGinley
27-07-2018, 06:20 AM
As I say he did okay in the second half but he was no where near running the show. Hanlon Efe McGinnMallon Lewis and Boyle all did more imho. Some peeps on here definitely see a different player to me.

Efe? You sir were at a different game. He scored that’s about it. He was absolutely woeful last night.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Efe? You sir were at a different game. He scored that’s about it. He was absolutely woeful last night.

Agree - Efe had one of his worst games defensively last night, got beat in 1 on 1s so many times.

sean04
27-07-2018, 06:51 AM
I really like him, only going to get better as well. Think he could easy get 8-10 goals this season

Bob Box Fish
27-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I’m not convinced yet he’s been here long enough now to make a name for himself. He reminds me of Freddy Arpinon you kept expecting him to make a name for himself but it never happened. Hopefully he proves me wrong 😊

Smartie
27-07-2018, 07:08 AM
I’m not convinced yet he’s been here long enough now to make a name for himself. He reminds me of Freddy Arpinon you kept expecting him to make a name for himself but it never happened. Hopefully he proves me wrong 😊

A bit like Arpinon though, he hasn't had a run of games in his best position yet (Arpinon was mainly hampered by injury).

I'm convinced that when Slivka starts 5 or 6 games in a row at centre midfield we'll see him gain the confidence of being a first pick and put in consistently good performances.

I don't think he's ever let us down in the middle, I don't think he's ever really looked a natural fit out wide.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 07:13 AM
I’m not convinced yet he’s been here long enough now to make a name for himself. He reminds me of Freddy Arpinon you kept expecting him to make a name for himself but it never happened. Hopefully he proves me wrong 😊He was competing with the best midfield trio we have had in decades, no wonder he didn’t make a name for himself. If he can perform at even a slight level below SJM, Dylan or Allan next season, he’ll be a very important player for us.

Hibs90
27-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Jury is still very much out on Slivka as far as I'm concerned. I just don't see what others see and he's done little to impress . Hopefully in time I'll be proved wrong and he'll prove he's worth a regular place in the team.

Apart from crucial goals of course. Maybe it would help if Lennon actually played him in his natural position for more than one week.

Ritchie
27-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Slivka will be a very important player for us this season IF he is played in his correct position!

CB_NO3
27-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Slivka was good in the second half. Most things went through him. He needs to play in the centre of the park to be effective.

rodhibs55
27-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Changed the entire dynamics of the game in his central position second half. Anyone who can't admit that doesn't like the lad.

Spot on Mikey, he does seem a bit lost when out on the flanks but when he is in the centre, he is far more effective. I for one think he is a very good player and I am sure he will prove the doubters wrong if he gets the chance over the season.
I thought we were much more balanced last night with him Super John and Mallen in the midfield.

MyJo
27-07-2018, 08:15 AM
It was like two different players in each half.

Looked excellent alongside McGinn and Mallan in the middle of the park 2nd half.

Surely Lennon must see that putting him out on the wing is a complete waste by now.