PDA

View Full Version : John Mcginn

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2018, 09:01 PM
For me he was outstanding tonight. Drove us forward all night.

Despite all the speculation he's been a complete pro

We've got Mcginn.....

Scorrie
26-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Worth more to us to keep him?

tamig
He was tremendous tonight. Excellent performance. Thought wee Lewy was superb too.

21sMay
For me he was outstanding tonight. Drove us forward all night.

Despite all the speculation he's been a complete pro

We've got Mcginn.....

totally agree . outstanding professional and fought for everything

Carheenlea
26-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Had a great game, and hopefully many more great games for us by SJM to enjoy this season.

dp00
26-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Great game ... you could tell how much winning ment to him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Box Fish
26-07-2018, 09:04 PM
He was brilliant tonight gave 110%.

OxoHibby
26-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Worth more to us to keep him?

I agree. Do ld and rod tho?

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Certainly proving us right in our valuation

Hulk1875
26-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Hopefully clubs were watching him and are gonna come in with offers which he deserves,

we are hibs
26-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Best I have seen him play under Lennon. Was like the mcginn of 15/16. All over the place winning tackles, intercepting passes and driving forward.

Vault Boy
26-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Certainly proving us right in our valuation

Exactly right. Typical SJM tonight.

J-C
26-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Hopefully a few English teams were watching, outstanding tonight, top pro.

bingo70
26-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Absolutely superb, out of this world actually.

Any club watching him tonight thinking he’s a £1.5m player are completely off their tits.

He’s a £5/6m player, the fact someone can probably pick him up for around half that now is a sin, the fact a club as rich as Celtic are trying to get him for around £1.5/2m is nothing short of a disgrace.

Diclonius
26-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Pay up Celtic or **** off. He's worth more to us than your pathetic offering.

Hi Heid Yin
26-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Well done John McGinn!
Another high octane, driven performance that shames Celtic FC in their attempts to steal him for a pittance.
£4 million for Scott Brown over "TEN" years ago and they offer us peanuts for a player who would be groomed to take over Broonies role...Despicable and contemptious behaviour by the Glasgow club.
Cough up Celtic or give up!

Shrekko
26-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Absolute beast of a player - magnificent.

tonyrougier123
26-07-2018, 09:22 PM
I'll remember these days because of mcginn! grabs a game by the scruff of the neck and says "camere you".unreplacable!.if I was rod or LeAnn I'd put a sign on the door saying no mcginn bids welcome.#onemoresuperyear!!!

duffers
26-07-2018, 09:22 PM
****** Celtic. It’s clear they aren’t going to come in with an offer that matches our valuation of him. Players like John McGinn have made Easter Road a great place to be recently and I’d rather we had the luxury of watching him play every week for the next year than take 2 million for him which we need to share with St Mirren.

Time for a club down south to come in and pay exactly what John is worth. Otherwise, I’ll happily lose him for nothing at the end of the season if it means we get to see performances like tonight

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2018, 09:24 PM
What a performance from him. Played out his skin tonight and we are really going to miss him. Hopefully we still have him for the second leg!!

bawheid
26-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Celtic should just be told he’s not being sold unless the offer is too good to turn down. Less of this £250k increments pish.

If anything his value increased tonight. £4m plus Allan or they can forget it. Would rather have McGinn for the year and lose him for nowt. You can’t place a value on performances like that.

Malthibby
26-07-2018, 09:29 PM
We've got McGinn (for the time being),
Super John McGinn,
2 Million? I just don't think you understand.....
Great second half performance by the team,
utterly great performance from start to finish by McGinn.
GG

Austinho
26-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Keep him and let him go for free next year. I don't care about the money, just want to enjoy seeing this Hibernian legend grace the shirt for one more season.

adhibs
26-07-2018, 09:30 PM
was unreal tonight, no chance he'll be leaving hibs for cheap this summer.

Oscar T Grouch
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Keep him and let him go for free next year. I don't care about the money, just want to enjoy seeing this Hibernian legend grace the shirt for one more season.

Agreed, it is rare that we have someone with his talent and drive at the club, we don't need the £££ we need to see SJM for another season. SJM is a £5mil player everyday of the week and I would happily forgo that £5m to watch him this season. He was so happy tonight, he gets us, he's a Hibs legend and a winner. I'd be devastated to see him run out at ER in anything other than a Hibs top.

essexhibee
26-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Interesting tweet from Tam McManus -

Hearing John McGinn was magnificent tonight for Hibs. Plenty of scouts at the game tonight one I just spoke to (from English Championship) came away from the match raving about him.

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 09:47 PM
MOTM.

He justified tonight why we value him at £4M-£5M.

yonder1875
26-07-2018, 09:51 PM
What a boy! The big fist pump he gave to the east stand at full time was quality.

Not once did it go through his head tonight that if he flies into a tackle and gets injured then his move could be off, took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us on to victory.

One of my favourite players in my time watching Hibs.

Deeds
26-07-2018, 09:52 PM
100% as always... class act!!

stoneyburn hibs
26-07-2018, 09:53 PM
From 1st to last minute he was immense.

Scooter
Even if this transfer saga was to go sour I still wouldn't change my opinion of him. He has done wonders for this club

Smartie
He deserves credit for his excellent second half performance that helped to drag us back into the tie.

He deserves about 1000x more credit for the fact that he carried us through a grim first half looking head, shoulders and the rest over all of our other players.

givescotlandfreedom
26-07-2018, 09:54 PM
What a boy! The big fist pump he gave to the east stand at full time was quality.

Not once did it go through his head tonight that if he flies into a tackle and gets injured then his move could be off, took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us on to victory.

One of my favourite players in my time watching Hibs.
Exactly. Said to my dad at 0-2 we can't say he's not giving his all.

BSEJVT
26-07-2018, 10:02 PM
In years to come we will remember how lucky we were to have SJM and to be fair this group of players.

I don’t grudge SJM his move, even if it is to them but we will be extremely hard pressed to find another SJM

superfurryhibby
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM
The heartbeat of the team. Worked and tackled, broke up play and drove the team on. Some nice passes too. It was a classy performance by Mc Ginn and I would have to say the fans gave him fantastic support, the laddie knows he loved, that’s for sure.

murray26
26-07-2018, 10:09 PM

Hearing John McGinn was magnificent tonight for Hibs. Plenty of scouts at the game tonight one I just spoke to (from English Championship) came away from the match raving about him.

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.. would be brilliant down there and 3 million is nothing to they clubs.

Jdawg
26-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Did what he always does. 100%, never hides, always drives. If you go, thank you for all the joy you have given us.

gaz1875
26-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Best game for a long time tonight :top marks

Sprouleflyer
26-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Thought he was terrible, constantly gave the ball away, ran out of steam and looked a poor man’s Brian Hamilton.

Think he should just accept where he is AND sign another 4 year contract with Hibs...........would you not all agree?

tonyrougier123
26-07-2018, 10:20 PM
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.. would be brilliant down there and 3 million is nothing to they clubs.

he's worth more Murray! wouldnae sell him for that.our teams pulse that laddie.ive seen a player with similar mental and physical attributes at Easter road he was a born winner ,European cup winner never gave up, lost two teeth and played on he was 33.we called him le god (Frank sauzee) john mcginn is 24, and is well worth being mentioned in the same context.needs to be a lot more.and scouts who were supposedly there will know this.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-07-2018, 10:21 PM
For all the rumours that he’s unhappy, wants to leave and has his head turned by Celtic you definitely didn’t see that tonight

Tonight we got from John the exact same we’ve had in the previous 3 seasons, a determined, skilful and passionate performance

The boy is a true professional

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Head and shoulders above everyone on the park fantastic attitude.

frazeHFC
26-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Absolutely superb and you could see how much it meant to him. Celtic are a disgrace with their valuation of him. Tam McManus tweeted there were many scouts there watching and one he spoke to (from the English champ) left with rave reviews.

Sign a new deal though John you know you want to...

renato
26-07-2018, 10:29 PM
He was outstanding. That performance might just be the 2nd most important of his Hibs career, from our perspective, as he’s likely just jumped up the priority list of a lot of English clubs and subsequently added another 7 figures plus to his value.

If that doesn’t prompt some offers from down south then the scouts here tonight might as well just pack it all in. Best player on the park (and there were plenty good ones on both sides).

ancient hibee
26-07-2018, 10:34 PM
If you were manager of Cardiff how could you possibly prefer Paterson in midfield to McGinn?

GreenPJ
26-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Not only his performance but his reaction at the equaliser, the winner and the final whistle proves what a cosumate professional he is. I am coming more and more round to the idea of saying let’s keep him and let him go for nothing next summer. Wherever and whenever he goes I only thank him for his time and efforts and am sure that he will still have a little love for Hibs even although that will only be a fraction of what He means to Hibs fans.

SuperAllyMcleod
26-07-2018, 10:42 PM
I was hearing on Sportsound that the English Leagues (may just be the Premiership?) have changed their transfer window so that it closes on Aug 9th.

This may mean that we see some more realistic bids for him in the next two weeks?

I’d love him to sign another two year deal with a £10m buyout clause though! 🤞

RyeSloan
26-07-2018, 10:42 PM
For all the rumours that he’s unhappy, wants to leave and has his head turned by Celtic you definitely didn’t see that tonight

Tonight we got from John the exact same we’ve had in the previous 3 seasons, a determined, skilful and passionate performance

The boy is a true professional

Apart from there has been ZERO rumours to that effect, as his performance showed tonight.

Agree with the rest of your post tho! What a guy, what a player!

matty_f
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Absolutely superb, out of this world actually.

Any club watching him tonight thinking he’s a £1.5m player are completely off their tits.

He’s a £5/6m player, the fact someone can probably pick him up for around half that now is a sin, the fact a club as rich as Celtic are trying to get him for around £1.5/2m is nothing short of a disgrace.
Totally agree. He was brilliant tonight.

Sammy7nil
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
He was outstanding. That performance might just be the 2nd most important of his Hibs career, from our perspective, as he’s likely just jumped up the priority list of a lot of English clubs and subsequently added another 7 figures plus to his value.

If that doesn’t prompt some offers from down south then the scouts here tonight might as well just pack it all in. Best player on the park (and there were plenty good ones on both sides).

I am not sure he is worth billions :greengrin:wink:

hibby6270
26-07-2018, 10:49 PM
His reaction after we scored the winner proved one thing to me - the laddie’s defo still a Hibee.
The way ran off on his own fist pumping to the fans was class.

ancient hibee
26-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Think you might find that there are seven figures in a million.

snooky
26-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Totally agree. He was brilliant tonight.

After tonight, I'm dreading the thought of losing McGinn. He was superb and showed the true rallying spirit of a captain (even though he isn't) especially after the 2nd half kick off. Easily the MOTM. Notable other (2nd half) performances by Stevenson, Mullan, Gray & Boiler.

Whitty. :rolleyes: Why, Neil?
Goalie. :worried:

Disappointed with Flo tonight - mind you, he had little support.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2018, 10:59 PM
After tonight, I'm dreading the thought of losing McGinn. He was superb and showed the true rallying spirit of a captain (even though he isn't) especially after the 2nd half kick off. Easily the MOTM. Notable other (2nd half) performances by Stevenson, Mullan, Gray & Boiler.

Whitty. :rolleyes: Why, Neil?
Goalie. :worried:

Disappointed with Flo tonight - mind you, he had little support.

I thought Flo was brilliant tonight.
Just keep McGinn. He’s brilliant and can get us to the Euro groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
26-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Oh I don't know - I would like to see Celtic pay us 40,000,000,000,000 for John McGinn......... How do you even say that figure? :greengrin

RyeSloan
26-07-2018, 11:00 PM
How I wish we could find a secret benefactor to fund a one year contract extension for him.

No doubt in my mind that if I had a few million sitting in the bank I would be calling Leanne tomorrow and fronting up the cash to get him to sign an extension.

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2018, 11:02 PM
If he goes that is gonna leave a huge gap in our team and we are down to the bare bones as it is. Noticed Stevie Mallan played with a heavy strapping on his left thigh and Slivka is still floating in and out of games Boyle was looking for Dylan to support him and of course he ain’t there any more.Lenny better have some reinforcements lined up.Yes SJM was outstanding tonight he was a marked man especially by #17 Goliath who knew all the tricks of the trade and was lucky not to be sent off! Dazza copped him a beauty though :thumbsup:

Jim44
26-07-2018, 11:05 PM

The muppets on Kerrydale Street latched on to this tweet and were guffawing at it. They think it’s a done deal but might be in for a shock. How sweet would it be if we got a couple of decent offers from down south?

worcesterhibby
26-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Just watched the pitchside highlights on Hibs TV. Sjm’s reaction to the winner is awesome...he loves Playing in this team.

scooby
26-07-2018, 11:22 PM
He's an absolute joy to watch, and is the heart of our team, he's going to be a massive loss.
Just stay a little longer John.

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2018, 11:23 PM
he's better than Zidane

B.H.F.C
26-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Will be a sad day when he leaves. Reckon he’s probably my favourite ever Hibs player.

With all the stuff going on, his attitude is outstanding. He’ll run through a brick wall for us as long as he’s here.

Vini1875
26-07-2018, 11:26 PM
He shows that his head is still firmly screwed on. I don't think anyone enjoyed winning that more than SJM. If he goes, he goes with my best wishes and if he stays I will be delighted.

Thecat23
26-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Boys a top class professional. Could easily have his head turned with all that’s going on. Instead puts in a MOTM performance. C’mon John sign a new deal so we can put the value up to £10m and piss Celtic right off!!!

Gloucester Hibs
26-07-2018, 11:28 PM
In years to come we will remember how lucky we were to have SJM and to be fair this group of players.

I don’t grudge SJM his move, even if it is to them but we will be extremely hard pressed to find another SJM

100% this. For me, he’s the greatest in my lifetime. He’s a talisman, he’s a throwback, he’s the engine room. What price on someone that can turn a game around like tonight?

Speedy
26-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Made a few mistakes but on the whole he was very good. 100% effort, he looked more up for it than anyone else on the pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Probably the most no brainer of a man of the match award for years at ER …. The guy was just immense for 90 minutes, he chased, fought, harried, showed incredible strength at times and amongst all that played some great football as well, especially in the 2nd half. 2 million quid :faf:

JohnM1875
26-07-2018, 11:42 PM
The laddie is our best player by an absolute mile!

Can't see us replacing someone of his talent. Genuinely love the guy and whatever he goes on to I honestly wish him the best.

I very rarely follow a players career after they leave us. But I will with SJM

HoboHarry
26-07-2018, 11:43 PM
Boys a top class professional. Could easily have his head turned with all that’s going on. Instead puts in a MOTM performance. C’mon John sign a new deal so we can put the value up to £10m and piss Celtic right off!!!
I would rather get a 10m offer from the Championship - now that would piss Celtic off :greengrin

Criswell
26-07-2018, 11:48 PM
Suberb tonight. You wonder how much he would be valued at if he played in one of the major leagues? The fees being paid for players in them are simply unreal.

DetroitHibs
26-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Absolute powerhouse, love the lad

ValleyHibee
27-07-2018, 12:01 AM
WOW,what a player & what an attitude,some prima donnas after not getting the move they supposedly crave would be sulking and put in a half hearted performance but not him,he was HIBS midfield on his own in the first half. How can Madison that played a bit part with the sheep be sold for £20 million and we will probably struggle too get a 1/5 of that,it has been a joy to watch such a player play for Hibs.

lord bunberry
27-07-2018, 12:12 AM
No words needed.

hughio
27-07-2018, 12:23 AM
It's all been said but how he kept geeing his teammates on from start to finish/his energy/fighting spirit/strength...love that man.And all this with the speculation about his future...incredible.In my dream world he signs an extension tomorrow as Leanne and STF agree to make an exception and pay him £50K a week.Nobody in the team complains and he goes for £10m as premiership teams wake up to his true worth but only after a final season of further superb performances for us🙏🏻

hfc rd
27-07-2018, 12:26 AM
If this is potentially the last time we will see John McGinn in a Hibs top @ ER then it has been an absolute privilege watching SJM. What a player and I wish every single success that comes his way!

If there were indeed a number of English scouts at the game tonight watching him and then realising the valuation we have placed on SJM, they would be telling there club to pay that fee as it’s peanuts to them and real value for money. That is obviously after the 2nd leg, of course as we will definitely need him in Greece. Then again, I’d love him to stay even though it’s probably going to be massively unlikely.

Austinho
27-07-2018, 05:11 AM
Doesn’t exactly look like a player desperate to get away here https://youtu.be/K1YVVzWtzRE

Hibs90
27-07-2018, 07:50 AM
John 'desperate to make his dream move' McGinn

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_07/729F0929-3263-4305-8C88-9A3A354413F6.thumb.jpeg.3fdd4e588b7c7f6575f0d0f5d2 8f1931.jpeg

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Think I would wet myself if an English club came in for him and paid 5m straight away. Sellik wiyh all their muckin aboot miss oot on him