PDA

View Full Version : Well done to the Scottish teams!

Sylar
26-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Our game might take a pasting from all and sundry, but what a great European outing our teams have had this week.

Irrespective of how I feel about Celtc, Rangers or Aberdeen, to see our 4 teams all get good results this week has been a refreshing change.

May it continue next week and all 4 teams progress!

Cabbage East
26-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Yep, well done Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs.

xyz23jc
26-07-2018, 08:56 PM

:agree::greengrin:thumbsup::LOL:

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2018, 08:57 PM
*Offer does not include Huns

Nevi_SOL

👍🏼👍🏼

neil7908

This

Carheenlea
26-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Well done Hibs.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Just said the same on the match day thread.

Well done to all clubs, huns included on getting great results and improving our co-efficient

HelmutSchlong
26-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Mon’ the coefficient XI

TelaStella
26-07-2018, 09:10 PM

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM

This.

F*** the Huns

Malthibby
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
*Offer does not include Huns

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Aye well done. The 1690 brigade don’t identify as Scottish anyway. Hopefully they get pumped rotten in the second leg.

Onceinawhile
26-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Imagine what Salford would do to Burnley

Austinho
26-07-2018, 09:40 PM
The total score gets divided by all 4 teams representing us, so its just as important Rangers do well unfortunately!

yonder1875
26-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Well done Hibernian and Aberdeen for positive results.

worcesterhibby
26-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Just said the same on the match day thread.

Well done to all clubs, huns excluded on getting great results and improving our co-efficient

Fixed that for you :greengrin

hibbysam
26-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Congratulating Celtic but not Rangers, unbelievable after the pish I’ve heard from that lot this week. Well done all 4 sides and hopefully all 4 qualify. Celtic to drop down to Europa league before group stages though, don’t want them getting too much more dough.

murray26
26-07-2018, 10:01 PM

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

dp00
26-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Chris Sutton likes to talk up the Scottish game when everyone else is saying it’s rubbish , can’t fault him for that just when he speaks about other stuff [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AltheHibby
26-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Mon’ the coefficient XI

Surely the XLIV? 🤔

Steve20
26-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Notice Celtic get included here.

Just as bad as Rangers and it’s shocking the amount of people on here who can’t wait to love them.

Hiber-nation
26-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Notice Celtic get included here.

Just as bad as Rangers and it’s shocking the amount of people on here who can’t wait to love them.

On a par with your usual nonsensical posts.

"Can't wait to love them"....absolutely laughable.

ano hibby
26-07-2018, 10:24 PM
How does the coefficient work?
Does it matter if a team wins 1 leg but loses on aggregate?

SouthMoroccoStu
26-07-2018, 10:26 PM
A great week for Scottish clubs in Europe.

When was the last time 4 Scottish teams were involved in Euro fixtures and no defeats occurred....

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 10:26 PM
A great result for us given the position we found ourselves in. A great result for Aberdeen against a team who last year made 60 times what Aberdeen did by finishing 7th while Aberdeen were runners up. And a great result for The Rangers to be fair to them. I certainly didn't see that coming.

hibbysam
26-07-2018, 10:28 PM
How does the coefficient work?
Does it matter if a team wins 1 leg but loses on aggregate?

No, it’s all on individual games, apart from the fact you can’t accumulate anymore as your out. 1 point for every game we win at this stage.

One Day Soon
26-07-2018, 10:37 PM
I'd rather they'd all been slaughtered and dumped out with us progressing - less money for them, more money for us. But since that hasn't happened - yet - the silver lining is the coefficient benefit.

Given the relative financial position of us to the others then hoping for a coefficient benefit on the back of them progressing won't be my first choice for a long time. Aberdeen already got £2 million for finishing second last year and we've plenty of ground to make up.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Hope us and Aberdeen get through although I think Aberdeen will now struggle to progress.

The other two can do one.

Eyrie
26-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Congratulations to the Scottish teams - Hibs and Aberdeen.

The English and Irish teams that play in the SPFL also got good results, but I draw the line at congratulating them.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Celtic about to take our best player and folk on here happy they've done well in Europe, making them more money. No thanks, want them out asap.

Paul1642
26-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Celtic about to take our best player and folk on here happy they've done well in Europe, making them more money. No thanks, want them out asap.

Nah. I Hate two out of the 3 other teams playing European football but no doubt that a few successful years for ALL Scottish teams in euarope will be better for hibs long term. The way things are going we are loosing out to league 1 and 2 in England and only better European results therefore a better t.v deal can reverse this.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Congratulations to the Scottish teams - Hibs and Aberdeen.

The English and Irish teams that play in the SPFL also got good results, but I draw the line at congratulating them.

This is where I'm at.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 11:05 PM
The simple truth is that if we don’t want to be pissing about in Europe at this time of year with half a squad and only a couple of pre season games under our belt then we need all the Scottish teams in Europe pulling their weight.

Us, Rangers and Celtic getting through the last round helped, 3 wins and a draw tonight helps and all of us progressing to the next stage will help. After that point and when the group stages become a genuine target rather than a dot on the horizon there is probably an argument for wanting to protect our domestic interests and a benefit to seeing teams around us denied a financial windfall. Until that point I don’t mind seeing other Scottish teams getting positive results. If we can add a bit consistency for the next few years it could see us entering a round or 2 later and the group stages may well become a realistic goal.

Defeats to team from Places like Lichtenstein, Cyprus and Malta might be funny when it happens to Hearts and Rangers (and I’m a hypocrite who has laughed and will laugh again when it happens) but it isn’t good for our game as a whole or our club.

California-Hibs
27-07-2018, 12:42 AM
I'm happy that Celtic won yesterday and that us and Rangers did today with Aberdeen also getting a positive result. Its refreshing and I don't mind Scottish clubs doing well in Europe at all. Its important we do well! Hope they all always get smashed In the league though

snedzuk
27-07-2018, 08:34 AM
**** rangers old and new - odious cretins.

Onceinawhile
27-07-2018, 10:12 AM
The simple truth is that if we don’t want to be pissing about in Europe at this time of year with half a squad and only a couple of pre season games under our belt then we need all the Scottish teams in Europe pulling their weight.

Us, Rangers and Celtic getting through the last round helped, 3 wins and a draw tonight helps and all of us progressing to the next stage will help. After that point and when the group stages become a genuine target rather than a dot on the horizon there is probably an argument for wanting to protect our domestic interests and a benefit to seeing teams around us denied a financial windfall. Until that point I don’t mind seeing other Scottish teams getting positive results. If we can add a bit consistency for the next few years it could see us entering a round or 2 later and the group stages may well become a realistic goal.

Defeats to team from Places like Lichtenstein, Cyprus and Malta might be funny when it happens to Hearts and Rangers (and I’m a hypocrite who has laughed and will laugh again when it happens) but it isn’t good for our game as a whole or our club.

Totally agree with your last paragraph. I found it hilarious when hearts lost to a team from Malta and Rangers Luxembourg, but for the benefit of Hibs (and scottish football as a whole) it would be better if teams were getting through regularly.