PDA

View Full Version : Bedwetters

PatHead
26-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Get it up you all. Been sick of you all summer. Hopefully you will start getting behind the club now and stop being so negative.

JimboHibs
26-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Lol no chance that'll happen this place is brutal at times.

neil7908
26-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Great second half but we can't ignore the flaws in the squad. I don't think folk saying we need players in are doing anything terrible.

Brooster
26-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Well said. I followed the match thread from Florida and the comments from some at 0-2 were brutal. They didnt have so much to day for themselves later on.

Beefster
26-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Well said. I followed the match thread from Florida and the comments from some at 0-2 were brutal. They didnt have so much to day for themselves later on.

Yup. Everyone gets a bit pissed off when we’re playing pish but you could list the majority of posters who’d be jumping in with both feet before they posted.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Some of the comments when we were losing, imo were embarassing

Michael
26-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Great second half but we can't ignore the flaws in the squad. I don't think folk saying we need players in are doing anything terrible.

What flaws? Doesn't matter how many you concede if you score more. Lennon's gone full Mowbray.

Hiber-nation
26-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Haven't read it but I can guess it's the usual suspects. Can't help themselves.

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Dunno what you're getting so excited about, happy clapping clunts. We're still going out after the second leg. :take that

Just Jimmy
two sides of the same coin. OP is as bad, hibs win a thriller and they can't wait to get it up other hibs fans.

fact is hibs need players

more importantly the players we do have already won!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

neil7908
What flaws? Doesn't matter how many you concede if you score more. Lennon's gone full Mowbray.

Fair enough but it's a two legged tie. We're up half way through but lots more football to play. We've lost 3 to Killie, 5 to Rangers, 4 to NSI and 2 tonight in our last few competitive games.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Get it up you all. Been sick of you all summer. Hopefully you will start getting behind the club now and stop being so negative.

How utterly pathetic 😂 I’m certainly one of the ones you’ll be “getting it up” and I’m out enjoying the Hibs win while you’re more concerned about “getting it up” other Hibs fans. What a belter.

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2018, 08:58 PM
I’ve turned the mattress

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 08:59 PM
I’ve turned the mattress

It doesn't help, trust me. :hide:

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Great second half but we can't ignore the flaws in the squad. I don't think folk saying we need players in are doing anything terrible.Nobody is denying we have a great first 11 as u say mate but the squad is weak...just a look at our bench tonight proves that as u rightly say

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OxoHibby

It's an Internet problem not just hibs. Net. There is no mediation only extremes. Everything is either r
Awful or brilliant where in real life its mostly in between. The match thread shows that

21sMay
two sides of the same coin. OP is as bad, hibs win a thriller and they can't wait to get it up other hibs fans.

this is spot on .

BoltonHibee
26-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Ha. Prime example then.

Of what?

The bedwetter patter is honking.

People have different opinions whether it’s been all summer or on the match thread. Accept that and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
26-07-2018, 09:02 PM
People were rightly upset after that first half showing which was nowhere near could enough. Excellent second half which coincided with Gray replacing Whittaker. But you're a better hibs fan than anyone else so you will know best, eh?

Ryan69
26-07-2018, 09:03 PM

Mate...We SHOULD of been more set up for tonight.

If the Greeks can score 2 at ER...They can score at home

Uphill task it would seem next week.

G B Young
26-07-2018, 09:06 PM
I’ve turned the mattress

:greengrin

In response to the OP, how is it bedwetting to voice some perfectly justified criticism of that first-half performance? We were sloppy defensively and slack in possession and looked well on course to be heading out the tie before the second leg is even played. I made a couple of very negative posts in the first half borne of pure frustration at what was going on but didn't post during the second half because it was clear the team had sorted themselves out and ultimately achieved a terrific result. All credit to them for proving me wrong - as Lennon's Hibs teams have often done.

We still look short of two or three players but tonight can go a long way to keeping us ticking over until we finally get the signings we need in.

Vault Boy
26-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Of what?

People have different opinions whether it’s been all summer or on the match thread. Accept that and move on

The OP was worded pretty poorly and was clearly abrasive, but their point was there.

Your reply was just vacant, pointless, name-calling BS and exactly the kind of rubbish people are sick of seeing on here. Go figure.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Of what?

The patter on the match thread was honking.

HelmutSchlong
26-07-2018, 09:08 PM

Did you see any of the first half mate? We were abysmal and players and management were quite rightly being called out

PatHead
26-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Mate...We SHOULD of been more set up for tonight.

If the Greeks can score 2 at ER...They can score at home

Uphill task it would seem next week.

And it continues............can you not see everyone at the club and we are on an upward trajectory. Just enjoy it. As for the guy who thinks I think I am a better supporter. Have a word.

Since90+2
26-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Hibs win a fantastic European game and the OPs first instinct is to come on Hibs.net and get one up on fans who were dismayed at a terrible first half performance. Feel sorry for him/her.

My_Wife_Camille
26-07-2018, 09:11 PM
I didn’t comment during the game but anyone who thought we were anything other than completely brutal in the first half is at it.

Second half was a different story and we were excellent but pretending we weren’t rotten in the first half doesn’t change anything. A real Jeyll and Hyde performance and a deserved win in the end

Jim44
26-07-2018, 09:15 PM
The Stepford wives who prattle on about bedwetters are becoming more boring than the continual moaners. Give it a rest and let us all enjoy the result.

geohibby
26-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Dunno what you're getting so excited about, happy clapping clunts. We're still going out after the second leg. :take that

That's the spirit!!!

SaulGoodman
26-07-2018, 09:19 PM
I've got nothing against people having a moan, I said my piece about Bogdan on the match thread. But there's certain folk that will post the same criticism several times in a thread up until someone calls them out on it. That's when the "it's my opinion" posts come out.

Those people, imo, are just looking for a reaction so that they can start an argument.

18Craig75
26-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Pathetic thread. First half laid bare the issues we have, and exactly where we are lacking personnel wise.

Great comeback and I’m sure we’re all (as Hibs fans, yes we support the same team) delighted with the result. But let’s be honest, we still face an uphill struggle, and we can’t be giving teams a 2-0 head start in Europe.

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Hibs win a fantastic European game and the OPs first instinct is to come on Hibs.net and get one up on fans who were dismayed at a terrible first half performance. Feel sorry for him/her.

To be fair, during the match thread, several posters were straight on having a go who were happy to trust the club in the transfer window, so i can see exactly why he posted it. If you dish it out....you have to take it.

SRHibs
26-07-2018, 09:21 PM

They first half was absolutely shocking and the starting lineup was absurd. Credit to the management team for changing things at half time though, and am delighted with the result.

Not gonna have a go at people for caring about the team though.

hhibs
26-07-2018, 09:28 PM
The Stepford wives who prattle on about bedwetters are becoming more boring than the continual moaners. Give it a rest and let us all enjoy the result.

Well said.

Oscar T Grouch
26-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Pathetic thread. First half laid bare the issues we have, and exactly where we are lacking personnel wise.

Great comeback and I’m sure we’re all (as Hibs fans, yes we support the same team) delighted with the result. But let’s be honest, we still face an uphill struggle, and we can’t be giving teams a 2-0 head start in Europe.

Nah, first half showed Lennon getting it badly wrong. But to his credit he seen that and a wee change at half time and we blew them away. We don't have the depth we had last year but we still have a great quality 11.

BoltonHibee
26-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Spot on

hibIBZ
26-07-2018, 09:31 PM
Tbh I was absolutely fuming at half time. Not because I think we are rubbish, more I thought they just weren’t as good as we were making them look. Our performance first half was really poor and disjointed at times (dispite the fact we missed 2 great chances)

BoltonHibee
26-07-2018, 09:31 PM
The patter on the match thread was honking.

Didn’t see it

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Spot on

So if we had lost....which we didnt....there would be no threads about lack of signings and posters having a go at folk who have said they trust the club in the transfer window??? Highly doubt it.

18Craig75
26-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Nah, first half showed Lennon getting it badly wrong. But to his credit he seen that and a wee change at half time and we blew them away. We don't have the depth we had last year but we still have a great quality 11.

We are missing 3 first team players from last season, as well as Marciano being injured.

Totally agree that it was the wrong selection, but Lennon can be justified in thinking that Whittaker, having played in a Europa League final, could be trusted to put in a performance.

madhatter
26-07-2018, 09:43 PM

Seriously? Wow. A negative comment to criticise people being negative. I was going to take a break on here but have decided against it.

Coming on to a forum to say “Get it up you all” to fans that have likely stood by this club through thick and thin. Shocking stuff.

What I can’t understand on here is the hypocrisy, it’s rife, people can put this stuff up about fellow fans, while at the same time people have been hounded for stating their disappointment over lack of signings.

How about just celebrate rather than gloat towards own fans? Sorry if I’m putting a negative spin on this...

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Seriously? Wow. A negative comment to criticise people being negative. I was going to take a break on here but have decided against it.

Coming on to a forum to say “Get it up you all” to fans that have likely stood by this club through thick and thin. Shocking stuff.

What I can’t understand on here is the hypocrisy, it’s rife, people can put this stuff up about fellow fans, while at the same time people have been hounded for stating their disappointment over lack of signings.

How about just celebrate rather than gloat towards own fans? Sorry if I’m putting a negative spin on this...

Have a read of the match thread and tell me who was getting 'hounded'???

BoltonHibee
26-07-2018, 09:45 PM
So if we had lost....which we didnt....there would be no threads about lack of signings and posters having a go at folk who have said they trust the club in the transfer window??? Highly doubt it.

I’ve no idea what you are talking about.

People can have their say on lack of signings, poor performances etc. What pissed me off was the term bedwetters for having those thoughts. Equally the term happy clappers pisses me off too.

That’s all

Lee Marvin
26-07-2018, 09:46 PM
The OP of an idiot

Thecat23
26-07-2018, 09:48 PM
I’ve not panicked once all close season but although winning this game I’m now worried about the lack of players we have. Not exactly setting myself but the holes were there to see again tonight. Hopefully Lennon can sort it soon as possible.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Didn’t see it

Still there. Have a look.

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 09:51 PM
I’ve no idea what you are talking about.

People can have their say on lack of signings, poor performances etc. What pissed me off was the term bedwetters for having those thoughts. Equally the term happy clappers pisses me off too.

That’s all

I agree and people can say they trust the club to get it right without being ridiculed on the match thread.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 09:54 PM
To be fair, the OP probably doesn't know how bad we were first half. With the speed that he started the thread he most likely wasn't even there so wouldn't have seen it. And if he was there and he managed to get it up that fast then that's just even more tragic that while everyone else was still in the ground celebrating he was desperate to get on here and "get it up" other Hibs fans.

madhatter
26-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Have a read of the match thread and tell me who was getting 'hounded'???

I think I stated over lack of signings, if you don’t think I was hounded on the transfer thread, I think my point of hypocrisy is proven...

I made a point that was kindly validated by this OP, I was asked to cite who called me a “bedwetter”. While I wasn’t on the match day thread, clearly this is targeted towards people like me who have stated their concerns on a fans forum, “sick of you all summer” being the indicator of this, match day thread didn’t last whole summer...

This is worse than any negativity perceived through concerns over lack of signings, this is trying to incite infighting. However, hypocrisy prevails here.

My_Wife_Camille
26-07-2018, 09:57 PM
The OP of an idiot
YES. Post of an idiot imo

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 09:58 PM
I think I stated over lack of signings, if you don’t think I was hounded on the transfer thread, I think my point of hypocrisy is proven...

I made a point that was kindly validated by this OP, I was asked to cite who called me a “bedwetter”. While I wasn’t on the match day thread, clearly this is targeted towards people like me who have stated their concerns on a fans forum, “sick of you all summer” being the indicator of this, match day thread didn’t last whole summer...

This is worse than any negativity perceived through concerns over lack of signings, this is trying to incite infighting. However, hypocrisy prevails here.

I never referred to you.......so not sure where the hypocrisy i have shown is??? I asked you who you thought was getting the brunt of the critisism on the match thread...which you didnt answer i see.......

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2018, 10:00 PM

I'm utterly sick of people using that term on this site. Am I allowed that opinion or will I be labelled too?

I wasn't at the game and have been out all night so just read through the whole match thread.

By the sounds of it there are concerns about the keeper and Whitaker and also about a bizarre setup on the park.

Are people who use this site allowed to express that concern or is it now only to be used by people like yourself who will blindly support the team no matter what they watch?

By the way - bedwetters, doom & gloomers, happy clappers are all terms I would gladly stick in the swear filter if Jonty would let me :greengrin

southern hibby
26-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Boys not a bed wetter and never will be but still think our defence has serious flaws for those that can’t see that then fair play, I admire your point of view. However I think we need to look at our defence too in this transfer window.

GGTTH

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm utterly sick of people using that term on this site. Am I allowed that opinion or will I be labelled too?

I wasn't at the game and have been out all night so just read through the whole match thread.

By the sounds of it there are concerns about the keeper and Whitaker and also about a bizarre setup on the park.

Are people who use this site allowed to express that concern or is it now only to be used by people like yourself who will blindly support the team no matter what they watch?

By the way - bedwetters, doom & gloomers, happy clappers are all terms I would gladly stick in the swear filter if Jonty would let me :greengrin

Call me old-fashioned but I like the whole BW, D&G, HC name-calling. I think we've all become too snowflakery about these labels. More please :aok:

Gordy M
26-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Just to clarify.....i dont have any problem with folk voicing concerns about signings....im sure everyone does. Its the constant posting of the same critisism over and over again and the implication that the club are deliberately not signing anyone??

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Call me old-fashioned but I like the whole BW, D&G, HC name-calling. I think we've all become too snowflakery about these labels. More please :aok:

Yeah I get the feeling I'm in a minority :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
26-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Didn't play that great 1st half, but by no means were we terrible.
I really couldn't believe we were trailing 0-2 at half time, we didn't deserve to be.

One Day Soon
26-07-2018, 10:08 PM
It's an Internet problem not just hibs. Net. There is no mediation only extremes. Everything is either r
Awful or brilliant where in real life its mostly in between. The match thread shows that

Great post and absolutely correct.

Hiber-nation
Folk saying we were pish, Whitty was awful, Efe needs to get a grip and the keeper was rank....fair enough. But all this "the tie's over" pish? Some folk out there need to realise that the game lasts for 90 minutes!

I assume that some folk on the match thread were actually at the game. I've actually never understood why folk would go to the bother of posting when they're at the game other than at half time and after the final whistle but each to their own.

Borderhibbie76
I’ve not panicked once all close season but although winning this game I’m now worried about the lack of players we have. Not exactly setting myself but the holes were there to see again tonight. Hopefully Lennon can sort it soon as possible.Absolutely TC delighted we won with a tremendous 2nd half performance but that first half was dreadful and 1 look at our bench tonight proves we are severely lacking ANY depth to the squad....

Well done Hibs for grinding out the win but much work ahead both in Greece next week and in the transfer window

And Lenny please stop playing Slivka out of position FFS - surely lesson learnt tonight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
26-07-2018, 10:10 PM

That’s a bit daft isn’t it?We just gave a team a 2-0 start didn’t we?Of course it’ll be a struggle but we know what’s required,win the game.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 10:10 PM
The 1st half was absolutely abysmal, as bad as I have seen us in a long time. Lennon has to take a decent share of the blame. His insistence that Slivka is a wide player is baffling. We were all over the shop, looked like conceding every time they came forward and looked technically miles behind our opponents.

On the flip side Lennon deserves praise for changing things, tempered with the question as to why he didn’t realise playing our best right sided defender at right wing back and a central midfielder in central midfield might have been a good idea from the start. We got in their faces in the 2nd half, showed some urgency and were well worthy of our comeback.

I’ll say it again though the bedwetter chat is chronic. Both European ties so far have shown how thread bare our squad is, last week a makeshift defence shipped goals to a part time team and tonight’s 1st half had all kinds of alarm bells ringing. We need business done quickly or we are going to be pissing about in the 1st few weeks of the season trying to gel players and patch a squad together. There’s undoubtedly a lot of pish to wade through on here but the polarisation into ‘bedwetters’ and whatever the 2018 version of a ‘happy clapper’ is is schoolboy stuff. Anyone who can’t see there are legitimate questions to be asked about our preparedness for the coming season or who can’t acknowledge the positives after that comeback is at it, albeit from different sides of the fence.

madhatter
26-07-2018, 10:11 PM
I never referred to you.......so not sure where the hypocrisy i have shown is??? I asked you who you thought was getting the brunt of the critisism on the match thread...which you didnt answer i see.......

I have no idea, I wasn’t on the match thread, I was at the game.

The OP stated “had enough of you all summer”, not sure what that’s got to do with match thread? Match thread hasn’t been going the whole of the summer... If the OPs post is seen by some as positive while people have been criticised on the transfer thread for raising legitimate concerns, and stuff like “you still moaning?” are ok over on the transfer thread (which has been going on the whole summer) then I think hypocrisy is clear...

It’s like we’ve got a “positive” posse trying to hound “negative” people out.

Hypocrisy and irony is - we’ve just got a great result in Europe and this post from the OP (who I assume represents the “happy clappers” party) stinks of negativity. Nice mix of irony and hypocrisy there.

ancient hibee
26-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Did you see any of the first half mate? We were abysmal and players and management were quite rightly being called out
Surely rather than calling players out you should be getting behind them and giving support.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 10:13 PM

Thought you weren't posting again, that's what you said, no? Which would be hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Do you want to list anyone who called you a bedwetter?

madhatter
26-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Thought you weren't posting again, that's what you said, no? Which would be hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Do you want to list anyone who called you a bedwetter?

If you read all posts then I’m sure you would see I already justified my return, not sure I need to, to you anyway. Saying I won’t post and then return isn’t hypocrisy, possibly going back on my word, not hypocrisy as I’ve not compared my actions or done something comparable to someone else but viewed my stance as superior or “right”.

This is getting tedious now, are you meaning to troll?

Real Emerald
26-07-2018, 10:20 PM

TBH a lot of Hibs supporters who followed the team last season and for many many seasons before hoped we would’ve had a better squad in place before tonight and were a bit concerned. Your comments on die hard Hibs fans are totally out of order.

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 10:21 PM
We won. In Europe.

I don't know why everyone isn't in a happy mood and is instead being drawn into this argumentative rabbit hole.

Thegreenside
26-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Let’s not forget a decent team would of hammered us tonight

Jim44
26-07-2018, 10:22 PM
We won. In Europe.

I don't know why everyone isn't in a happy mood and is instead being drawn into this argumentative rabbit hole.

I wish I could burrow your logic.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 10:23 PM
If you read all posts then I’m sure you would see I already justify my return, not sure I need to, to you anyway. Saying I won’t post and then return isn’t hypocrisy, possibly going back on my word, not hypocrisy as I’ve not compared my actions or done something comparable to someone else but viewed my stance as superior or “right”.

People shouldn't be made to feel like they have to justify posting on the forum. It's quite a sad indictment on the way this place has went recently to be honest that people are asking others to justify themselves being part of the site.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 10:24 PM
I wish I could burrow your logic.

Another pun thread. Not very bunny at all.

One Day Soon
26-07-2018, 10:24 PM

Splendid. Leadership material inspirational stuff.

Johnny_Leith
26-07-2018, 10:26 PM
We need some new players. Nobody should be debating that. What's being debated, as far as I can tell as I haven't been on much recently, is the length of time to get in players.

We all want quality players at Hibs. Many of us have begged for patience where others have screamed in frustration at a lack of players.

What matters is that this group of players we have right now, have a tremendous spirit and will never give up on a game. They will play for the jersey and try and win us every 50/50, throw in, corner, challenge and game.

People 'moaning' at a lack of signings are being painted as being against the team, for the most part I don't think that's fair, but having some faith in the club wouldn't go a miss. We managed a good result tonight with an allegadly weak squad, no reason I can see we cant achieve the same again next week.

PatHead
26-07-2018, 10:32 PM
To be fair, the OP probably doesn't know how bad we were first half. With the speed that he started the thread he most likely wasn't even there so wouldn't have seen it. And if he was there and he managed to get it up that fast then that's just even more tragic that while everyone else was still in the ground celebrating he was desperate to get on here and "get it up" other Hibs fans.

Right Callum let’s get some things clear. No I wasn’t at the match. I am in Lisbon and the 35 bus doesn’t come this way so I would be struggling to get there. I did see it on Hibs.tv though. Over the summer I have spent a lot of time abroad and over this transfer window have logged on as much as I could to see what is happening with signings. Whenever I look on the thread all I see is constant criticism of the club for not signing anyone and it is really depressing. It is the same posters hi jacking the thread with their moans. You all know who you are. At half time they were in their element at how ill prepared we were. The first thing I did at full time was congratulate the team on their comeback. I did not want to hijack that thread by having a go at the negative posters so got a new thread started. I stand by my original comment saying get it up all the bedwetters. It is time you started getting behind the club and stopped moaning. Half of you make Mark Lawrenson sound like Ken Dodd on steroids you are that negative.

DaveF
26-07-2018, 10:34 PM

What a rank rotten, crass post from someone who stood as fans rep not so long ago.

bawheid
26-07-2018, 10:35 PM
If you read all posts then I’m sure you would see I already justified my return, not sure I need to, to you anyway. Saying I won’t post and then return isn’t hypocrisy, possibly going back on my word, not hypocrisy as I’ve not compared my actions or done something comparable to someone else but viewed my stance as superior or “right”.

Christ, I wish you had kept your word. What a ****ing pub bore and a half.

hfc rd
26-07-2018, 10:36 PM
I’ve not panicked once all close season but although winning this game I’m now worried about the lack of players we have. Not exactly setting myself but the holes were there to see again tonight. Hopefully Lennon can sort it soon as possible.

That’s the same way I saw it as well. Really need to bring a few more players in.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 10:37 PM
What a rank rotten, crass post from someone who stood as fans rep not so long ago.

Were you not on the PM board halfway last season calling for Lennon to be replaced?

ancient hibee
Right Callum let’s get some things clear. No I wasn’t at the match. I am in Lisbon and the 35 bus doesn’t come this way so I would be struggling to get there. I did see it on Hibs.tv though. Over the summer I have spent a lot of time abroad and over this transfer window have logged on as much as I could to see what is happening with signings. Whenever I look on the thread all I see is constant criticism of the club for not signing anyone and it is really depressing. It is the same posters hi jacking the thread with their moans. You all know who you are. At half time they were in their element at how ill prepared we were. The first thing I did at full time was congratulate the team on their comeback. I did not want to hijack that thread by having a go at the negative posters so got a new thread started. I stand by my original comment saying get it up all the bedwetters. It is time you started getting behind the club and stopped moaning. Half of you make Mark Lawrenson sound like Ken Dodd on steroids you are that negative.
You certainly flushed them out:greengrin

PatHead

You have to take the post in it’s context Dave. Over the summer culminating in tonight these guys have been negative in the extreme. It is about time they got called out. I and many others have bitten their tongue for long enough.

cleanyman
26-07-2018, 10:39 PM
We need players and we need them now. We could do things in Europe with this core and there's a great chance to make some serious cash. The OP will look foolish if the Greeks win 3-0 next week which by the way wasn't far off tonight considering how poor the first half was

madhatter
26-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Now that is hypocrisy, a moan about moans...

I was in the stand and celebrated the 3rd goal like crazy, I pay money to HSL and donate money to club causes when I can. I criticised lack of signings. Don’t start with this “getting behind the club and stopped moaning”. Tell you what it’s about time for, unity and people having opinions and not being shot down for them. I’ve criticised lack of signings but never stated the people at the club are unprofessional or can’t do their jobs. You have come on here and clearly criticised a set of fans, directly. Are you supporting the club by calling a subset of its fans “bedwetters”?

This is ridiculous after a win in Europe. Ridiculous.

Brightside
26-07-2018, 10:40 PM
The 1st half was absolutely abysmal, as bad as I have seen us in a long time. Lennon has to take a decent share of the blame. His insistence that Slivka is a wide player is baffling. We were all over the shop, looked like conceding every time they came forward and looked technically miles behind our opponents.

On the flip side Lennon deserves praise for changing things, tempered with the question as to why he didn’t realise playing our best right sided defender at right wing back and a central midfielder in central midfield might have been a good idea from the start. We got in their faces in the 2nd half, showed some urgency and were well worthy of our comeback.

I’ll say it again though the bedwetter chat is chronic. Both European ties so far have shown how thread bare our squad is, last week a makeshift defence shipped goals to a part time team and tonight’s 1st half had all kinds of alarm bells ringing. We need business done quickly or we are going to be pissing about in the 1st few weeks of the season trying to gel players and patch a squad together. There’s undoubtedly a lot of pish to wade through on here but the polarisation into ‘bedwetters’ and whatever the 2018 version of a ‘happy clapper’ is is schoolboy stuff. Anyone who can’t see there are legitimate questions to be asked about our preparedness for the coming season or who can’t acknowledge the positives after that comeback is at it, albeit from different sides of the fence.

Slivka cant play right side with only Efe behind him. You could see he was **** scared to go forward and we he did it left gaps - as per first goal. Slivka much better in midfield but need a proper wing back in that right area. On the upside I though Mallan was very good and the left side of our team was very good. Drop Whitts. Get stuck into them and we can easily win the 2nd tie.

bawheid
26-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Now that is hypocrisy, a moan about moans...

I was in the stand and celebrated the 3rd goal like crazy, I pay money to HSL and donate money to club causes when I can. I criticised lack of signings. Don’t start with this “getting behind the club and stopped moaning”. Tell you what it’s about time for, unity and people having opinions and not being shot down for them. I’ve criticised lack of signings but never stated the people at the club are unprofessional or can’t do their jobs. You have come on here and clearly criticised a set of fans, directly. Are you supporting the club by calling a subset of its fans “bedwetters”?

This is ridiculous after a win in Europe. Ridiculous.

If you’re going to post absolute gash day after day after day you have to be prepared to be called out on it.

Stop posting gash, you’ll stop getting criticism. Simple.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 10:42 PM
The irony of this thread is that elsewhere on the internet Hibs.net is accused of being a propaganda tool for the board. A site on which negative comments are removed, criticism of the club is censored, those who question the running of the club are silenced and Hibs PR team work the admin team from behind to ensure the party line is followed. Cash in brown enevelopes was even mentioned at one time.

Opinions eh?

Anyway I have to go as my Cuban cigar is burning down, I have a flight to the Caribbean to catch and my ‘lottery win’ needs to be banked,:wink:

DaveF
26-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Were you not on the PM board halfway last season calling for Lennon to be replaced?

Yes probably. Go trawl and bring and up.

I'm far from convinced he is the god many believe him to be and tonight's opening 45 didn't alter that view. 2nd 45 was excellent.

So what's your point?

hibsbollah
26-07-2018, 10:46 PM

:aok: that's the spirit. I'll have you fighting next to me in that there trench please.

snooky
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
I'll p**h my own sheets if I want to, so there. :na na:

DaveF
26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
You have to take the post in it’s context Dave. Over the summer culminating in tonight these guys have been negative in the extreme. It is about time they got called out. I and many others have bitten their tongue for long enough.

Maybe you have, but plenty others have not. It was a daft OP in my opinion but it looks like you got the bites you wanted.

ancient hibee
26-07-2018, 10:48 PM
I would imagine after we went two down most of the complaints would be about losing goals and getting new players in.And yet I read that Hanlon,Stevenson,Gray(when he came on)and McGregor were all terrificA wee bit lack of balance perhaps?

madhatter
26-07-2018, 10:48 PM
If you’re going to post absolute gash day after day after day you have to be prepared to be called out on it.

Stop posting gash, you’ll stop getting criticism. Simple.

Are you serious? Quote my posts and justify why they are “gash”.

Also, can someone provide a list of these overlords we need to please with our posts? I really need to memorise the list...keep disappointing them.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Yes probably. Go trawl and bring and up.

I'm far from convinced he is the god many believe him to be and tonight's opening 45 didn't alter that view. 2nd 45 was excellent.

So what's your point?

Not a trawl whatsoever. As I've said in previous posts it would be nice if folk took ownership for what they posted.

You were happy to put it out that Lennon should be dismissed. We then went on to nearly securing second.

bawheid
26-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Are you serious? Quote my posts and justify why they are “gash”.

I would, but I don’t have the time. I’m afraid it’s pretty much everything you post. I’m surprised you don’t bore yourself with it to be honest.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 10:52 PM

I apologise for the patter about you not being there, it was pretty petty.

I checked the thread at half time (from the stands) and never seen anyone in their element. Your desperation to paint people who have concerns which I think the last two games have shown to be legitimate as desperate for the club to fail is silly.

As for “time people started getting behind the club”. I’m sure two of the main people you aimed the thread at are me and madhatter. We were both at the game tonight (not a dig aimed at you btw) both have season tickets and both members of HSL(I don’t know the guy but I’m certain he said he was all these things). I go to about 50% of away games each season and usually do hospitality a couple of times aswell and when I take my seat at ER I support the team and will them on to win. We do plenty supporting the club. Being dressed up as not supporting them because we think we’re short squad wise is ridiculous. As is the “getting it up” your fellow fans that you stand by, especially if you used to be the fans rep. Doesn’t sound like a post you should ever have been in if you don’t like hearing negative opinions and can’t wait to shove them down peoples throats.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 10:54 PM
I would imagine after we went two down most of the complaints would be about losing goals and getting new players in.And yet I read that Hanlon,Stevenson,Gray(when he came on)and McGregor were all terrificA wee bit lack of balance perhaps?

To be fair the goals weren’t really their faults. The first was Slivka (I think?) losing his man but he was hung out to dry in that position so I’d give him a bit slack and mainly the GK, who in my opinion doesn’t look like he’ll save anything that’s not within reach of where he’s standing when the shots hit.

GRA
Incredible some people on here. The performance tonight was Jekyll & Hyde I grant you that. But we have waited 17 years for a home win in Europe. Now got two wins in the last fortnight. Perspective please!

DaveF
Not a trawl whatsoever. As I've said in previous posts it would be nice if folk took ownership for what they posted.

You were happy to put it out that Lennon should be dismissed. We then went on to nearly securing second.

And we didn't we came 4th what's your point?

I post lots of things right after games which I might or might not regret. Makes no difference to me. This about the OP and his post so not sure why you are turning it on me.

Mibbes Aye
26-07-2018, 10:58 PM
And we didn't we came 4th what's your point?

I post lots of things right after games which I might or might not regret. Makes no difference to me. This about the OP and his post so not sure why you are turning it on me.

Not having a go at you, genuinely sorry if that's how it came across.

Jim44
26-07-2018, 10:59 PM
Incredible some people on here. The performance tonight was Jekyll & Hyde I grant you that. But we have waited 17 years for a home win in Europe. Now got two wins in the last fortnight. Perspective please!

The perspective is that we were less than mediocre in the first half and far better in the second. Doesn’t make the first half any more palatable and if folk want to express that point, so be it. :cb

madhatter
26-07-2018, 11:00 PM
I would, but I don’t have the time. I’m afraid it’s pretty much everything you post. I’m surprised you don’t bore yourself with it to be honest.

I apologise. I thought this was a forum. I don’t know why you almost seem to have a personal issue with me, every post you’ve made in response to me on this thread has had a personal dig about it. Nothing to do with sharing opinions about the club.

Take a deep breath and think what you are typing to me, you don’t even know me...you also don’t need to read my posts. You’ve read my posts, remembered them and have since seen to criticise me on them...what’s the point?

Hounding out fans that you perceive as “boring” or “negative” on a fans forum, do you view that as great support for the club? Fans are the club, can this be a place where we can share opinions without attacking each other or has it reached this level?

bawheid
26-07-2018, 11:05 PM
I apologise. I thought this was a forum. I don’t know why you almost seem to have a personal issue with me, every post you’ve made in response to me on this thread has had a personal dig about it. Nothing to do with sharing opinions about the club.

Take a deep breath and think what you are typing to me, you don’t even know me...you also don’t need to read my posts. You’ve read my posts, remembered them and have since seen to criticise me on them...what’s the point?

Hounding out fans that you perceive as “boring” or “negative” on a fans forum, do you view that as great support for the club? Fans are the club, can this be a place where we can share opinions without attacking each other or has it reached this level?

Nope, sorry, you’ve lost me again.

I’ll catch up with your views again soon on the summer transfers thread. I’m sure there’s a new angle to find there on why we’ve not signed Allan or whether or not we should bring another forward in for the European ties. There’s at least another four of five pages of mileage in those issues alone.

Captain Trips
26-07-2018, 11:09 PM
If folk are angry etc at 0-2 down then thats fine I was pissed off at the game about it and hoped we could do something. Folk are commenting on stuff real time and I can understand also not being happy. I do not see why there is a need to call folk out on it big deal they were pissed off and we turned it around.

If asked every fan in ground right after 2nd went in there will have been a lot of people angry and pissed off at the nature of the goals. I would and did say we do not look good here and we are in severe trouble had I pished the bed?

Bedwetters biggest load of pish on here IMO of course.

Criswell
26-07-2018, 11:12 PM
I was transformed from a "Bedwetter" at half-time to a "Happy-Clapper" at full-time! Seriously though, we showed great spirit and belief to turn that game on its head in the second half. I was really proud of them tonight.

Hibs90
26-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Should we all just toe the party line that everything is brilliant because its not?

P.S I support the club too. I am entitled to my opinion that the goalie is pish, Whittaker is finished and the lack of transfer activity is worrying 10 days before the league season starts nevermind the Europa fixtures. PatHead I suggest you use the ignore feature if you don't want to see any negative posts :)

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2018, 11:14 PM
calling other hibs fans bedwetters, stay classy :rolleyes:

Brightside
26-07-2018, 11:15 PM
To be fair the goals weren’t really their faults. The first was Slivka (I think?) losing his man but he was hung out to dry in that position so I’d give him a bit slack and mainly the GK, who in my opinion doesn’t look like he’ll save anything that’s not within reach of where he’s standing when the shots hit.

First goal Efe was megged then just wandered back and watched as we lost an easy goal.

madhatter
26-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Nope, sorry, you’ve lost me again.

I’ll catch up with your views again soon on the summer transfers thread. I’m sure there’s a new angle to find there on why we’ve not signed Allan or whether or not we should bring another forward in for the European ties. There’s at least another four of five pages of mileage in those issues alone.

That’s one mighty high horse you ride...

If you look at the transfer thread as a whole, I’ve been proactive on it for the past week or so, maybe I’ve posted in a rather condensed manner but that’s my choice. People choose to read and respond to me, I respond back. I’ve tried to keep it civilised even though most seem unable to debate without throwing toys out the pram.

People who shout abuse at players at ER annoy me, do I berate them and create fights in the stands? No, maybe a quiet word at most if they are compos mentis...

I repeat, if you find me boring, why follow my posts and why follow me cross threads? You called all my posts “gash”, one of my posts suggested people got hounded on here...what’s your behaviour showing? Please just ignore me if you don’t like what I post...

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2018, 11:16 PM
p.s. we do like our 3-2's, eh :thumbsup:

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 11:16 PM
First goal Efe was megged then just wandered back and watched as we lost an easy goal.

Ah ok, haven’t seen them back yet. Thought Efe was poor defensively all night to be fair. Decent going forward as usual though and a great goal.

JohnM1875
26-07-2018, 11:18 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself! Top post

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 11:23 PM
I think we are probably at the point at which we have been round in circles a few times already and are about to go again.

We all have different opinions, some people wear their heart on their sleeve more than others and get caught up in the moment, some see the positive in everything whilst others are more pessimistic. There would be no forum if we all just nodded our head and agreed the whole time.

I’m calling time on this one and closing the thread. I don’t think there’s much more that can be added that is going to see any kind of positive outcome.