PDA

View Full Version : Water!

SOLGirl
26-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but with the temperatures the way they are I’m keen to know. At the Blackburn Rovers game it was scorching sitting in the East. As usual, I had my bag searched so couldn’t take in my own water. The water they sell at the kiosk is overpriced and luke-warm. Surely the rule about bringing liquids in could be relaxed a bit when it’s roasting. Just thinking ahead for tonight 😅

Gatecrasher
26-07-2018, 01:33 PM
They ended up giving water out for free at the Blackburn game but your right, these circumstances should allow us to bring a drink I to the game.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but with the temperatures the way they are I’m keen to know. At the Blackburn Rovers game it was scorching sitting in the East. As usual, I had my bag searched so couldn’t take in my own water. The water they sell at the kiosk is overpriced and luke-warm. Surely the rule about bringing liquids in could be relaxed a bit when it’s roasting. Just thinking ahead for tonight 😅

Are you allowed to take the top off it before you go in?

SOLGirl
26-07-2018, 01:37 PM

I’m not sure. I’ll try that option tonight!

🤬 I spent £2 odds on water at Blackburn!

GreenCastle
26-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Said for a while they should have water fountains at stadiums - like airports etc to fill up.

Also should improve recycling and encourage more fans to put their rubbish away

tam4hibs
26-07-2018, 01:43 PM
If Easter Road is a licensed premises, i think by law they must provide free drinking water (tap) to any member of the public.
Whilst i may be only the FFand West that serve alcohol, surely the license covers the whole premises and thus so should the free drinknig water?

mutley
is it because bottles aren't allowed? I'm sure I read a while ago about something similar, and they got one of the paper coke cups, filled it, then binned the bottle, and that was fine.

A complete farce but that's the rules I suppose!!

Green Man

I was allowed to decant from bottles into vending cups before a game last season.

SOLGirl
26-07-2018, 01:44 PM
If Easter Road is a licensed premises, i think by law they must provide free drinking water (tap) to any member of the public.
Whilst i may be only the FFand West that serve alcohol, surely the license covers the whole premises and thus so should the free drinknig water?

Ah yeah, I thought there was some rule along those lines

speedy_gonzales
26-07-2018, 01:51 PM
I don't do it every week, but some matches I'll take a folding water bottle/pouch.
I got mines from Mountain Warehouse and got one that takes 450ml for a couple of quid.
The security guys before the ticket scanners have only asked me a handful of times to open it to make sure it is indeed water,,, no a hauf I'm vodka!!!

Sergio sledge
26-07-2018, 01:55 PM
I don't do it every week, but some matches I'll take a folding water bottle/pouch.
I got mines from Mountain Warehouse and got one that takes 450ml for a couple of quid.
The security guys before the ticket scanners have only asked me a handful of times to open it to make sure it is indeed water,,, no a hauf I'm vodka!!!

Yeah I've done that before. I've also been allowed to take capri-sun in for the kids as it is a soft, squashable bag that it is in rather than a bottle.

SirDavidsNapper
26-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Stupid rule. My wee girl wasn't allowed her water in either. When i say wee i mean 9 years old. I know rules need to be the same for everyone but come on. Common sense needs used.

danhibees1875
26-07-2018, 02:04 PM

If that's your reply to accusations that it's not water then you'll not get in. :greengrin

Roxyhibee
26-07-2018, 02:09 PM
It’s a ‘missile’ thing..crazy but there you go. There are plenty arholes out there mind that would launch a full plastic bottle of liquid.

Times have changed since my dad and uncles used to take me and about a dozen large screw tops of IPA in carrier bags into the game.!! And a half bottle in their old suit jacket pockets.!!

Franck Stanton
26-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Law states it is an offence to take any container capable of holding liquid into a designated stadium. Seems the security aren't clued up with the legislation if they are allowing liquids in cups.Don't get me wrong, personally think as long as it isn't glass bottles (obvious reasons) then don't have any problem with it.

GreenCastle
26-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Just ask for tap water at the food kiosk.

They will fill up a cup with water - simple.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Apart from banning alcohol, the law bans containers you could throw at someone causing injury, so a pouch type thing should be ok?

Sporting events: controls.
(1)Any person who—
(a)is in possession of a controlled container in; or
(b)while in possession of a controlled container, attempts to enter,the relevant area of a designated sports ground at any time during the period of a designated sporting event shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a period not exceeding 60 days or to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale or both.

“controlled container” means any bottle, can or other portable container, whether open or sealed, which is, or was, in its original manufactured state, capable of containing liquid and is made from such material or is of such construction, or is so adapted, that if it were thrown at or propelled against a person it would be capable of causing some injury to that person;

Alan62
26-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Apart from banning alcohol, the law bans containers you could throw at someone causing injury, so a pouch type thing should be ok?

I regularly take small cartons of juice into the ground. Never been challenged. Not sure if the cardboard packaging is capable of injuring someone.

I was refused entry to Rugby Park, Kilmarnock with a cup of coffee that I'd just bought near the ground. "We dinnae ken what's in the cup," said the security guy.

I wasn't allowed to take an orange in to the Bernebeu Stadium in Madrid. Fair enough. From that third tier, it's a serious missile.

As for taking in your own water bottle and filling it up, if it's a regular bottle, surely it has missile qualities as soon as you fill it.

jgl07
26-07-2018, 03:01 PM
The law is very different in England. You can see people with plastic drink bottles and even flasks of tea inside the stadium.

seanshow
26-07-2018, 03:04 PM
If people are concerned about a lack of non alcoholic liquid well -
I know its reducing the clubs income, but you can buy a box of Capri sun or similar pouch drink 12 pack in a supermarket cheap as chips! ( in fact the whole box will be cheaper than 1 portion of chips at the half time kiosks.) :)

Gus
26-07-2018, 03:09 PM
The law is very different in England. You can see people with plastic drink bottles and even flasks of tea inside the stadium.

English fans can be trusted

SquashedFrogg
26-07-2018, 03:11 PM

lol

speedy_gonzales
26-07-2018, 03:41 PM
If that's your reply to accusations that it's not water then you'll not get in. :greengrin
Alcohol is not to blame here, a combination of predictor text and a swype keyboard,,,,

speedy_gonzales
26-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Have you never been hit on the head by a carton of Um Bungo that some lunatic thought would be a good idea to put in the freezer overnight,,,, it was like a Niddrie brick!

Big_Franck
26-07-2018, 03:46 PM

:faf: