PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Agyepong

theonlywayisup
25-07-2018, 09:07 PM
It's all gone a bit quiet - three or four days ago it sound as if it was close to a done deal.

Anyone how what's the latest? Is he still at East Mains, or has he returned down south.

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2018, 09:12 PM
It's all gone a bit quiet - three or four days ago it sound as if it was close to a done deal.

Anyone how what's the latest? Is he still at East Mains, or has he returned down south.Rumour is he failed a medical mate...no idea if true or not tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
25-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Posted this on the transfers forum earlier today. Don’t know what has happened with this deal. I read that we had concerns over his injury record but nothing else.

theonlywayisup
26-07-2018, 06:03 AM
Rumour is he failed a medical mate...no idea if true or not tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:aok:

Good to see that we are being thorough. My concern was he would be another Chris Humphrey type signing, with no protection from the hackers that exist in Scottish Football.

LancsHibs
26-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Would rather see Brandon Barker back. Is this still a possibility? Don’t think he’s gone anywhere yet but seem to recall that Hull were also interested?? And the Huns!!

theonlywayisup
26-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Would rather see Brandon Barker back. Is this still a possibility? Don’t think he’s gone anywhere yet but seem to recall that Hull were also interested?? And the Huns!!

Doesn't look like he's off to Hull.

http://the72.co.uk/111153/hull-city-boss-nigel-adkins-cools-interest-manchester-city-midfielder/

Adkins said after Hull’s 2-2 draw against Newcastle United at the KCOM Stadium last night, “We haven’t been working on a loan for Brandon Barker at all, we haven’t been working on a permanent deal either”. He then added, “Maybe I’ve spoken with him over the summer and maybe we’ve not pursued that one further”.

I think The Rangers have purchased a number of players since there was talk of Barker going to them, so maybe that's not an option for him either.

Maybe a return to Hibs, might be an option but unlikely to be confirmed until later in the transfer window.

sean04
26-07-2018, 06:29 AM

Read a comment on Twitter that he wasn't high on hull priority list so maybe some hope for us

Big_Franck
26-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Read a comment on Twitter that he wasn't high on hull priority list so maybe some hope for us

I'm sure Hull signed a winger on loan from Liverpool recently so maybe they dont need him now. Sevco have also signed a couple of wide players so probably aren't looking for another one.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Doesn't look like he's off to Hull.

http://the72.co.uk/111153/hull-city-boss-nigel-adkins-cools-interest-manchester-city-midfielder/

Adkins said after Hull’s 2-2 draw against Newcastle United at the KCOM Stadium last night, “We haven’t been working on a loan for Brandon Barker at all, we haven’t been working on a permanent deal either”. He then added, “Maybe I’ve spoken with him over the summer and maybe we’ve not pursued that one further”.

I think The Rangers have purchased a number of players since there was talk of Barker going to them, so maybe that's not an option for him either.

Maybe a return to Hibs, might be an option but unlikely to be confirmed until later in the transfer window.

The way I read it was either feeding a bone to the press whilst sending a “bluff?”message to city that they are not as desperate or they’re prompting them to move the deal forward.

GreenPJ
26-07-2018, 07:24 AM
The way I read it was either feeding a bone to the press whilst sending a “bluff?”message to city that they are not as desperate or they’re prompting them to move the deal forward.

Bluff Man City - am not sure Man City even realise or recognise that Brandon is on their books from a financial perspective either in terms of current wage or potential transfer fee.

theonlywayisup
27-07-2018, 09:56 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-on-verge-of-deal-for-man-city-s-thomas-agyepong-1-4775157

CMac1988
27-07-2018, 10:02 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-on-verge-of-deal-for-man-city-s-thomas-agyepong-1-4775157

Woah. Article from the future...

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:05 PM

:hilarious

Good spot!

27-07-2018, 10:06 PM

By David Hardie a.k.a. Marty McFly. Wonder if he's got a SPFL almanac 2013 - 2020.