PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Ryanair Strike 3rd of August

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Anyone booked with Ryanair coming back from Greece on Friday the 3rd of August beware as Ryanair Pilots have just voted for a further one day strike on this date.

Andy Bee
25-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Great, guess who's booked on a Ryanair flight from Athens to Stanstead on the 3rd. :bitchy:

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Great, guess who's booked on a Ryanair flight from Athens to Stanstead on the 3rd. :bitchy:

It’s the Dublin based ones, so hopefully you are ok Andy. They will issue a list of cancelled flights in advance, so if anyone is cancelled, maybe able to get a flight with someone else

This situation with Ryanair and crew is getting pretty bad, and passengers are the ones that suffer. They need to sort this out quickly

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:47 PM

You know what mate, when I booked my travel that flight was around £163 so I didn't bother and I'm using Wizz air to fly via Bucharest to London. The same Ryanair flight form Athens to Stanstead is now only £76... I wonder why.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:55 PM
It’s the Dublin based ones, so hopefully you are ok Andy. They will issue a list of cancelled flights in advance, so if anyone is cancelled, maybe able to get a flight with someone else

This situation with Ryanair and crew is getting pretty bad, and passengers are the ones that suffer. They need to sort this out quickly

Will they lose there money?

Bandito59
Anyone booked with Ryanair coming back from Greece on Friday the 3rd of August beware as Ryanair Pilots have just voted for a further one day strike on this date.

What is your source for this strike?

Billy Whizz
Will they lose there money?

No, Ryanair should offer a full refund

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 04:56 PM
What is your source for this strikee

It’s on all the news feeds today

BullsCloseHibs
25-07-2018, 04:56 PM
One WOEFUL airline.

calumhibee1
25-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Is this a one day thing? I’m flying from the south of France with Ryanair on the 6th.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:58 PM
What is your source for this strikee

Here.https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanai-pilots-strike-friday-3-august-dublin-airport-cancelled-flights-a8462961.html

Or here Dublin-based Ryanair pilots to strike on 3 August (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiTu7ap3LrcAhVPTMAKHR5UArAQqUMwAXoECAUQC Q&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rte.ie%2Fnews%2Fbusiness%2F2 018%2F0725%2F980917-ryanair-dublin-cuts%2F&usg=AOvVaw2mctyStrho71lkSRiOWysq)

Or even here Ryanair pilots' strike to take place on Friday of August bank holiday weekend (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiTu7ap3LrcAhVPTMAKHR5UArAQqUMwAnoECAUQD Q&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejournal.ie%2Fryanair-strikes-2-4146663-Jul2018%2F&usg=AOvVaw3uebu616kkAcszRhMH0UUe)

You choose.

Hermit Crab
Is this a one day thing? I’m flying from the south of France with Ryanair on the 6th.

4th strike of one day walkouts, more are planned apparently.

jgl07
Anyone daft enough to book with them should know what to expect.

Andy Bee
25-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Hopefully Billy, I'm waiting on live chat now to verify.

You know what mate, when I booked my travel that flight was around £163 so I didn't bother and I'm using Wizz air to fly via Bucharest to London. The same Ryanair flight form Athens to Stanstead is now only £76... I wonder why.

Yup, I think I got it for around £140 each with added legroom seats and extra bags HC. Trouble is now all my other flights are with Easyjet so no comeback there if this does bollox up.

Jim44
Ryanair ....... bombsite of a company. But I’m hypocritical enough to use them if I have to.:greengrin

Hermit Crab

Harsh, any company can get involved in an industrial dispute at any minute. Anything can trigger them.

Bandito59
25-07-2018, 05:01 PM
It’s on all the news feeds today

Cheers mate I am flying back on 4th. Hope not too many Hibees affected.

BullsCloseHibs
25-07-2018, 05:01 PM

Totally agree. Enjoy flying round Europe and taking in football games, however always always avoid Ryanair. They do cheap flights to good destinations, but they cannot be trusted. EVER!

BullsCloseHibs
25-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Harsh, any company can get involved in an industrial dispute at any minute. Anything can trigger them.

It's RYANAIR we're talking about here. Disaster of a company.

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Cheers mate I am flying back on 4th. Hope not too many Hibees affected.

I’d hope so
Bloody strikes in this day and age

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 05:03 PM
We ge the same faux outrage anytime anything goes wrong at Ryanair yet the same people are usually first in line to brag about how they got their £100 return flights to Alicante and Malaga

In three months down the line they’ll be using them again because they are cheap and get you from A to B

tamig
25-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Totally agree. Enjoy flying round Europe and taking in football games, however always always avoid Ryanair. They do cheap flights to good destinations, but they cannot be trusted. EVER!

In what way can’t they be trusted - ever? I’ve flown with them a lot and never had any bother.

Andy Bee
25-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Funny thing is I managed to get a cheaper direct flight from Edinburgh to Athens with Easyjet on the way out. Ryanair is the most expensive leg of my journey.

B.H.F.C
25-07-2018, 05:08 PM
In what way can’t they be trusted - ever? I’ve flown with them a lot and never had any bother.

Me as well. Never had any trouble with them.

Hopefully that continues next week as I have multiple flights with them to and from Athens!

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 06:55 PM

Dublin based crew do however fly sectors from Edinburgh or indeed other UK airports. For Example DUB-EDI first flight am then an EDI- somewhere in Europe and Return before an EDI-DUB as long as it stays within their alloted flying hours.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Yip £9.99 from Tenerife to Manchester, The flight got me home, that is what i expected. :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 07:35 PM
It's RYANAIR we're talking about here. Disaster of a company.

Been let down more often by BA than any other airline. Ryanair does what it says on the tin, SqeezyJet treat you like self loading cargo and dont get me started on Fly(may)be.

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Victory to the workers.

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 07:40 PM
Been let down more often by BA than any other airline. Ryanair does what it says on the tin, SqeezyJet treat you like self loading cargo and dont get me started on Fly(may)be.

This. Touchwood I’ve never been let down by Ryanair, maybe the odd half hour delay but nothing too strenuous. BA on the other ice had several lengthy delays and one absolutely scandalous episode of customer service where they point blank refused to pay out compensation

People who slate Ryanair are the types who have delusions of grandeur and like to highlight they don’t use Ryanair to try and look better than everyone else

Absolute helmets in my opinion

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Indeed, coming back from Maribor 4 of us ran into trouble with BA at Heathrow as the flight to Edinburgh was overbooked, I got on it as I was working the next day but my 3 companions never got on and had to fly the next day IIRC.

Albanian Hibs
25-07-2018, 07:50 PM
We are on Ryanair to Stansted then onto Edinburgh on 3rd August 🙄

james62
25-07-2018, 08:03 PM
On the 3 previous strikes it's just been flights from Dublin to and from the UK that have been cancelled, and even then the ones with UK based aircraft and crew have still flown. This shouldn't affect anyone coming back from Athens.

wookie70
25-07-2018, 10:01 PM

I think the staff losing their jobs suffer a wee bit too hence the action.

lucky
26-07-2018, 10:56 AM
I hate Ryanair’s way of treating its staff but it was not that long ago that BA were cutting salaries and allowances of cabin crew. Surely the best way for them to resolve it is to sit down and engage with its employees. In the last month I’ve flown Ryanair, BA and Flybe and it was only BA I had an issue with.