PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

KeithTheHibby
25-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Anyone think we are actively trying to sign him?

All we are reading about is Celtic trying for McGinn. Surely our need for Allan is greater than Celtic's need for McGinn?

It would be good to hear reports that we are instead of him apparently being used / not used as part of the McGinn deal.

scoopyboy
25-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Anyone think we are actively trying to sign him?

All we are reading about is Celtic trying for McGinn. Surely our need for Allan is greater than Celtic's need for McGinn?

It would be good to hear reports that we are instead of him apparently being used / not used as part of the McGinn deal.

I don't think we are actively trying to sign him.

KeithTheHibby
25-07-2018, 01:10 PM

If that's the case then pretty poor state of affairs.

Barman Stanton
25-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Thats very disappointing if so. He just seems to fit perfectly into our team. Had thought he would be our number one target after Kamberi.

keep the faith
25-07-2018, 01:13 PM

That is absolutely mental if true. Would be massively disappointed in this.

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2018, 01:14 PM
That is absolutely mental if true. Would be massively disappointed in this.Really is disappointing if true...cannot understand it tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
25-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Any idea why not? My assumption would be that NL believes has better options?

SRHibs
25-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Maybe just waiting until Celtic offer him to us? Or does what Scoop said imply that we aren’t wanting him as part of the McGinn deal too?

makaveli1875
25-07-2018, 01:23 PM
The only way were getting Allan is if and when Mcginn goes to Celtic . Im sure Petrie/Leeann are smart enough to know any approach for Allan right now will be met with a swift **** off until they have SJM

calumhibee1
25-07-2018, 01:27 PM
That is absolutely mental if true. Would be massively disappointed in this.

Likewise, I’ll be gutted if Allan isn’t back here. Absolutely wonderful football player.

Hermit Crab
Would everybody just calm down Theres plenty time to sign him, yes it would be nice to have him for the Euro games but if we get him this window before the season starts thats all that matters imo.

SteveHFC
Really is disappointing if true...cannot understand it tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Think some questions may need to be asked if true.

JimboHibs
25-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Wow poster says 'I don't think' so as per normal on here this will turn into a 40 page thread of utter desperation.

500miles
25-07-2018, 01:30 PM
We've brought in Mallan and Swanson is still here, and fit now. The priority will be a Mcgeouch replacement.

Space opens up if SJM is offski though.

calumhibee1
25-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Wow poster says 'I don't think' so as per normal on here this will turn into a 40 page thread of utter desperation.

People have said they would be disappointed if he doesn’t come back on a thread about a certain player. What’s the matter with that?

JimboHibs
25-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Think some questions may need to be asked if true.

If true will you follow up the need and ask some questions 👍 let us know 🙄

JimboHibs
25-07-2018, 01:35 PM
People have said they would be disappointed if he doesn’t come back on a thread about a certain player. What’s the matter with that?

Callum if the need to make a drama out of a non story and thats what it is at the moment crack on but in my opinion it just makes this place reek of utter desperate dross.

bingo70
25-07-2018, 01:36 PM
IMO We won't be trying to sign him now as if we did, they would try and attach an unrealistic value on his head and use him as leverage in the McGinn deal. If we wait until the end of the window they will see that he is costing them money for nothing and want him off their books. Our best chance of us getting him on a permanent deal is if they cancel his contract and agree a pay off with him, at that point we would step in to take him off their hands.

Keyser Sauzee
25-07-2018, 01:38 PM
We might not be actively trying right now, but who’s to say we won’t as soon as the McGinn situation is sorted? Either way we won’t know until he’s signed or window closes, just relax .

WeeRussell
25-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Didn't TheCat tell us he was very confident of Scott Allan joining this summer, whether it was permanent or loan?

He's the one person I (and many others) listen to when it comes to 'inside knowledge' and therefore I've been pretty relaxed about this.

If that's incorrect though I'm ready to join the queue to go radge :agree:

scoopyboy
25-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Any idea why not? My assumption would be that NL believes has better options?

I think if we put a bid in for him then I'm sure Celtic would be awkward about it and either try to inflate the price or use it as leverage to lower McGinn price.

Even if we did put a successful bid in then we would have an issue with personal terms, no way could we meet his current salary.

I think we are interested but it may take a while.

My personal take is he will either be added as a make weight in the SJM deal (with Celtic maybe having to give him a bung) or he will work hi ticket and will become a free agent on 31st August. At this point he would be free to sign for us and with a pay off from Celtic in his back pocket personal terms will be easier to sort.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Think some questions may need to be asked if true.No, that isn't how this works. We can't just trust Lennon and think he's a good manager when he is signing players we want him to sign.

SRHibs
25-07-2018, 01:49 PM
We've brought in Mallan and Swanson is still here, and fit now. The priority will be a Mcgeouch replacement.

Space opens up if SJM is offski though.

Let’s be honest though, Swanson is pish. Shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11 next season.

G B Young
25-07-2018, 01:51 PM

Given how keen he was to cut short his loan at Dundee to join us last season, how he went on to light up our season, how he expressed his enjoyment of playing for Hibs and how Rodgers admitted the club seems to be a good fit for him it would seem to me he should be right up at the top of our shopping list. Unless we can't afford him (despite working with what Hibs claim to be our biggest ever transfer budget) I fail to see why we wouldn't try to sign him.

I know Hibs play their cards close to their chest when it comes to signings and that there's another month to go before the transfer window closes, but I am surprised we appear to be edging ever closer to our opening league game with a significantly weaker squad than the one which finished last season. I accept that the European games come too early for us to expect a full squad to be in place but a poor start to the league season could undo a lot of the positivity which has built up around the club in recent years. Scott Allan coming back would help to refuel that air of optimism so I'll be very disappointed if it transpires we really aren't even trying to sign him.

snooky
25-07-2018, 01:51 PM

Scoopyboy, as you're one of the best sources of good info, I have no reason to doubt you. That being the case, I find our lack of interest in a quality player baffling given his previous performances in a Hibs shirt and the suggestion that he would like to come to ER.
Reasons? Could be ....
1) Why give Celtc ammo in the SJM jousting?
2) He's not on Neil's wanted list
3) His medical condition is a problem
4) Celtc have a high price tag on him
5) We are spending all available money on other players deemed more needed.

:dunno: :crazy: :eek: :doh:
-----------------------------------------------
Addendum: post #21 added as I was writing this one. Explains part of above questions. Ta.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Let’s be honest though, Swanson is pish. Shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11 next season.

Aye right. You're at it. DS is most certainly not pish. IMO of course.

scoopyboy
25-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Given how keen he was to cut short his loan at Dundee to join us last season, how he went on to light up our season, how he expressed his enjoyment of playing for Hibs and how Rodgers admitted the club seems to be a good fit for him it would seem to me he should be right up at the top of our shopping list. Unless we can't afford him (despite working with what Hibs claim to be our biggest ever transfer budget) I fail to see why we wouldn't try to sign him.

I know Hibs play their cards close to their chest when it comes to signings and that there's another month to go before the transfer window closes, but I am surprised we appear to be edging ever closer to our opening league game with a significantly weaker squad than the one which finished last season. I accept that the European games come too early for us to expect a full squad to be in place but a poor start to the league season could undo a lot of the positivity which has built up around the club in recent years. Scott Allan coming back would help to refuel that air of optimism so I'll be very disappointed if it transpires we really aren't even trying to sign him.

I think we want him but aren't actively trying to sign him just now, see my reply at #21.

scoopyboy
25-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Scoopyboy, as you're one of the best sources of good info, I have reason to doubt you. That being the case, I find our lack of interest in a quality player baffling given his previous performances in a Hibs shirt and the suggestion that he would like to come to ER.
Reasons? Could be ....

See my answer above @ #21.

FilipinoHibs
25-07-2018, 01:55 PM

You wont be a poker player then!

oldbutdim
25-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Scoopyboy, as you're one of the best sources of good info, I have reason to doubt you. That being the case, I find our lack of interest in a quality player baffling given his previous performances in a Hibs shirt and the suggestion that he would like to come to ER.
Reasons? Could be ....

NO reason Shirley?
:agree:

I reckon Hibs just want to keep Scotty/SJM deals entirely separate at this stage, no more than that.

snooky
25-07-2018, 01:59 PM
NO reason Shirley?

I reckon Hibs just want to keep Scotty/SJM deals entirely separate at this stage, no more than that.

Aye, it was a typo. Now corrected. :embarrass

Ronniekirk
25-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Don't think he is pish the Celtic game proved that But for a variety of reasons he hasn't had enough game time to prove he can play at a consistent level of performance
I think Lennon is making it clear he isn't going to be a first team pick , so it now must be difficult for him He needs to move on and play regularly at this stage in his career ,
unless he is content coming off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jst1875
25-07-2018, 02:06 PM
I think we want him but aren't actively trying to sign him just now, see my reply at #21.

im surprised nobody has picked up on an interview lenny gave a few weeks ago, when asked about the scott allan situation his reply was " thats one for later on "
he didn't elaborate and the interviewer moved on to another subject :dunno:

snooky
25-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Don't think he is pish the Celtic game proved that But for a variety of reasons he hasn't had enough game time to prove he can play at a consistent level of performance
I think Lennon is making it clear he isn't going to be a first team pick , so it now must be difficult for him He needs to move on and play regularly at this stage in his career ,
unless he is content coming off the bench

How many players will we have left for our bench? It's beginning to look like everybody wants to be in the first team. If not, they're offski.

SRHibs
25-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Aye right. You're at it. DS is most certainly not pish. IMO of course.

Definitely not at it, although my opinion could’ve been posted a bit more elegantly. I didn’t think he was good enough when we signed him, and a year on I’m confident I was correct. If we are challenging in the top 3/4 then we need better. Never been very impactful off the bench either.

Johnny_Leith
25-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Remember when a lot of hibbies absolutely hated Scott Allan 😂 fitba fans, a fickle bunch.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2018, 02:22 PM
How many players will we have left for our bench? It's beginning to look like everybody wants to be in the first team. If not, they're offski.

Think Swanson has been patient but while he loves Hibs you would think he wants more game time and to date Lennon hasn't thought he warrants that He is coming off the Bench though so still time for him to make his mark
But it's only my opinion he will at some point need to decide is he happy with Bench place or does he want regular first team football
He may put Club before his own need to play as first team regular and would be happy if he does that But Lennon was ok for him to go out on Loan last transfer window ,and the same could happen again later in the window depending on what happens

500miles
25-07-2018, 02:56 PM

He's been an absolute live wire every time he's played since he run the midfield in the celtic game as far as I remember.

YehButNoBut
25-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Allan on the bench for Celtic tonight who have just gone a goal down to Rosenburg

Would Celtic end up in the Europa Cup if they get knocked out?

CapitalGreen
25-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Allan on the bench for Celtic tonight who have just gone a goal down to Rosenburg

Yes. Why?

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Yes. Why?He might get c*p t**d.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2018, 07:18 PM
He's been an absolute live wire every time he's played since he run the midfield in the celtic game as far as I remember.I have no problems with Swanson but he didn't run the game. He was okay. McGinn and McGeouch were definitely better.

FitbaFolkKen
25-07-2018, 07:38 PM
I’ve a feeling he will be a January signing, whether that be for a fee or pre contract. Lennon said it would take longer to sort him out than people would expect or words to that effect a few weeks ago.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2018, 07:45 PM
I have absolutely no inside knowledge whatsoever but I would say that I'm fairly confident of Scott Allan being a Hibs midfielder by the end of next month with John McGinn going to Celtic.

500miles
25-07-2018, 07:52 PM
I have no problems with Swanson but he didn't run the game. He was okay. McGinn and McGeouch were definitely better.

I disagree, his high pressing in the first half gave us a huge advantage.

Onceinawhile
25-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Now 3-1 celtic so it'll be fine.

Assume celtic are bluffing with him. Either that or he really is in the plans.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2018, 08:55 PM
I disagree, his high pressing in the first half gave us a huge advantage.High pressing is a tactical thing though, its something they will have worked on and doesn't come down to 1 player. It doesn't mean he ran the game either.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Unused sub again tonight.

PISTOL1875
25-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Has there any thought been given the notion that just maybe he doesn't want to come back to hibs ????

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Has there any thought been given the notion that just maybe he doesn't want to come back to hibs ????

He's said he would come back.

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2018, 09:25 PM
He's said he would come back.Maurice Johnston said he'd sign for Celtic again. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Celtic are about to sign an attacking mid. Whether he plays the same position as Mcginn or Allan though I've no idea.

My gut feel is allan will either come to us in some capacity as part of Mcginn deal or via a cut price deal at the end of the window when celtic either offload or keep him for another year at a cost of circa 500k

Their choice

ancient hibee
25-07-2018, 09:48 PM
He's said he would come back.

When was that?

hfc rd
25-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Celtic are about to sign an attacking mid. Whether he plays the same position as Mcginn or Allan though I've no idea.

My gut feel is allan will either come to us in some capacity as part of Mcginn deal or via a cut price deal at the end of the window when celtic either offload or keep him for another year at a cost of circa 500k

Their choice

Daniel Arzani. Played in the World Cup for Australia. He’s predominantly a winger but can play in an attacking midfield role similar to Allan

Jim44
26-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Daniel Arzani. Played in the World Cup for Australia. He’s predominantly a winger but can play in an attacking midfield role similar to Allan

He plays for Melbourne City but is going to Manchester City and then, apparently, out on a two year or longer loan to Celtic. Some reports saying that Brenda is in the dark about this. Sounds a bit odd.

Austinho
26-07-2018, 05:50 AM
He plays for Melbourne City but is going to Manchester City and then, apparently, out on a two year or longer loan to Celtic. Some reports saying that Brenda is in the dark about this. Sounds a bit odd.Peter Lawell’s son is chief scout at City Football Group apparently, which explains the link with Man City.

keep the faith
26-07-2018, 07:06 AM
When was that?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2660241/scott-allan-neil-lennon-celtic-hibs-transfer/

jonny
26-07-2018, 07:09 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2660241/scott-allan-neil-lennon-celtic-hibs-transfer/

The date on the article is 18th May 2018, just after the season finished.

keep the faith
26-07-2018, 07:41 AM
The date on the article is 18th May 2018, just after the season finished.

Yep. He was very keen at that point. Hopefully still the case. I thought him signing up with HSL was a big statement too.

Jim44
26-07-2018, 07:51 AM

Now 3-1 celtic so it'll be fine.

Assume celtic are bluffing with him. Either that or he really is in the plans.

I can’t understand that, with a midfield squad of 14 players, Allan is consistently on the bench. Either Brenda has changed his mind about his opinion of SA or, as you say, he has ulterior motives.

Blaster
26-07-2018, 08:21 AM
I can’t understand that, with a midfield squad of 14 players, Allan is consistently on the bench. Either Brenda has changed his mind about his opinion of SA or, as you say, he has ulterior motives.

I think their squad is a bit thin too and Lustig and Boyata not available yet after the World Cup. Allan and Christie just bench fillers at the moment

California-Hibs
26-07-2018, 08:52 AM
For me he's absolutely key for us and will be a massive blow for the season ahead if we don't get him

J-C
26-07-2018, 09:56 AM
As much as I really like Allan as a player, I wonder if the fact we have Mallan in place right now there's no rush to get Allan if at all, pretty similar in the fact they are attack minded creative players, plus Mallan has his set pieces.

SirDavidsNapper
26-07-2018, 09:57 AM
For me he's absolutely key for us and will be a massive blow for the season ahead if we don't get him

Spot on

BT58
26-07-2018, 10:02 AM
If Cellic can play silly beggars, then why dont Hibs offer £50k for him. Play them at their own game......pfaf

snooky
26-07-2018, 10:03 AM

I'm a big fan of Scott Allan however, if we don't get him we will just move on without him.
As I recall, many 'invaluable' players have come and gone and we've always coped.

Dalianwanda
26-07-2018, 10:09 AM
If Cellic can play silly beggars, then why dont Hibs offer £50k for him. Play them at their own game......pfaf

And the benefit of that would be?

mjhibby
26-07-2018, 10:12 AM

While I'd love to have him at er I'm not sure he is irreplaceable. Mallan offers us something we've not had since deek but I do admit those two with a defensive mid beside and Boyle and a fast left winger would get my juices flowing. I have a feeling we will have a very good squad by the end of the window.

GreenOnions
26-07-2018, 10:17 AM
I think their squad is a bit thin too and Lustig and Boyata not available yet after the World Cup. Allan and Christie just bench fillers at the moment

I think this is right. Allan, Christie and Ralston all on the bench last night. That will only last until Celtic have their full squad available and have brought in the new players they're looking at.

SquashedFrogg
26-07-2018, 10:19 AM

Agree. Some of his performances last season were exceptional. Very talented player.

FilipinoHibs
26-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Agree. Some of his performances last season were exceptional. Very talented player.

I love Scott Allan and his ingenuity and flair.

worcesterhibby
26-07-2018, 10:54 AM
I love Scott Allan and his ingenuity and flair.

not to mention his lovely hair.

Centre Hawf
26-07-2018, 11:13 AM
not to mention his lovely hair.

Most underrated hair in Scottish Football.

jacomo
26-07-2018, 12:23 PM
As much as I really like Allan as a player, I wonder if the fact we have Mallan in place right now there's no rush to get Allan if at all, pretty similar in the fact they are attack minded creative players, plus Mallan has his set pieces.

For where we are right now, the priority would seem to be a deep lying playmaker in the Dylan or Boozy style. Quite who that would be I’ve no idea, but it’s not Scott Allan.

GreenPJ
26-07-2018, 12:44 PM
And the benefit of that would be?

If they accepted then it would be clear that it was not part of any McGinn deal and therefore St Mirren would have no claim (morale or legal) to look for that to be included in their comp if and when McGinn goes.

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 12:52 PM

For where we are right now, the priority would seem to be a deep lying playmaker in the Dylan or Boozy style. Quite who that would be I’ve no idea, but it’s not Scott Allan.

Allan has played deep plenty times before, and played it well. For me, he's able to offer everything McGeough did in there.. but I won't get into that argument :wink:

I would agree it's nice to have a midfield behind him though, and have him threading the final ball.

Dalianwanda
26-07-2018, 01:33 PM
If they accepted then it would be clear that it was not part of any McGinn deal and therefore St Mirren would have no claim (morale or legal) to look for that to be included in their comp if and when McGinn goes.

But if it was a separate deal it doesn't matter what we bid? Why potentially scupper it by intentionally playing silly beggars (saying this I have no idea of the value either club are putting on him)

jacomo
26-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Allan has played deep plenty times before, and played it well. For me, he's able to offer everything McGeough did in there.. but I won't get into that argument :wink:

I would agree it's nice to have a midfield behind him though, and have him threading the final ball.

Really? For which team?

He hasn’t played in this role for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2018, 02:17 PM

Do you think Mallan might be Allans replacement Scoops, with other parts of the team like Dylans replacement and another forward more needed by the time the league starts?

1875STEVE
26-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Imo, we can't have too many quality players in the squad, if we can afford him.

Have both IMO.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Fwiw (probably not much but you never know), Phil Mac Giolla Bhain claims Celtc's latest offer for SJM is £2.25M plus Scott Allan, who Celtc value at £1M.

calumhibee1
26-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Fwiw (probably not much but you never know), Phil Mac Giolla Bhain claims Celtc's latest offer for SJM is £2.25M plus Scott Allan, who Celtc value at £1M.

I’d take that.

Jim44
26-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Let’s not put too much faith in that ‘cos he blethers a lot of tosh at times.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Let’s not put too much faith in that ‘cos he blethers a lot of tosh at times.

:agree: no faith here.

bawheid
26-07-2018, 02:35 PM
If Scott Allan is valued by Celtic at £1m then Hibs will need to pay St Mirren around £1.1m. Taking off other deductions net cash to Hibs will be less than a million.

No deal!

MrSmith
26-07-2018, 02:39 PM
£3m + Scott Allan. That’s the least we should expect from them.

Blaster
26-07-2018, 02:40 PM
If Scott Allan is valued by Celtic at £1m then Hibs will need to pay St Mirren around £1.1m. Taking off other deductions net cash to Hibs will be less than a million.

No deal!

I’d take that deal with Griffiths thrown in for a season long loan 😄

SouthMoroccoStu
26-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Agreed

If they’re after Danny Ings that’ll put Leigh even further down the pecking order

DH1875
26-07-2018, 02:43 PM
So, what would people on here value Allan at????? If celtic do value him at £1million it kinda explains why everything is dragging on with the SJM transfer.

Jim44
26-07-2018, 02:44 PM

No deal!

The least we should accept is £4m for McGinn. Then buy SA for £1m or negotiate a lower price. That would leave us with £1.6m.

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Really? For which team?

He hasn’t played in this role for Hibs.

He has.

I maybe could have worded that better - but he's more than comfortable playing deep, coming to get the ball, and doing so with his back to goal. He has done so in some of Hibs' best performances over the past couple of years (including at Ibrox). The kind of thing we all got so excited about McGeough doing this season.

When we originally signed him (the first time) he wasn't considered an 'attacking midfielder' as in someone who sits at the tip of a diamond, or in front of a more defensive-minded midfield. Albeit recently, he's tended to play in part of a 3 with McGeough or Bartley generally further back.

Feel like I'm getting to the arguing for the sake of it bit though - as I agree, would like to sign him for the attacking threat he poses.

Maybe I'm doing my best to justify having Allan in any capacity as I think he's THAT good :greengrin

plhibs
26-07-2018, 03:08 PM

How is LG fitness wise did he not miss quite a few games last season, has he featured in any games this season so far?
I don't pay attention to Celtic much.

londonhibby
26-07-2018, 03:26 PM
How is LG fitness wise did he not miss quite a few games last season, has he featured in any games this season so far?
I don't pay attention to Celtic much.

Out for the next three weeks with a thigh strain.

jgl07
26-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Allan has played deep plenty times before, and played it well. For me, he's able to offer everything McGeough did in there.. but I won't get into that argument.
Aye and Allan will not miss a third of the matches through niggling injuries.

plhibs
26-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Out for the next three weeks with a thigh strain.

Ok thanks, I sort of recall something going on with him during last season.

NOLA
26-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Would everybody just calm down Theres plenty time to sign him, yes it would be nice to have him for the Euro games but if we get him this window before the season starts thats all that matters imo.

Season starts in 10 days [emoji44]

J-C
26-07-2018, 03:40 PM

This the same Allan who struggled at Celtic, struggled at Rotherham and struggled at Dundee, he's got 1 year left and is worth around £200k and no more, my opinion obviously.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2018, 03:43 PM

No deal!Have you read the agreement? I really can't see Hibs losing out because Celtic value a player at x amount. We're smarter than that. It will be a separate deal or the deal with St Mirren won't include players.

DH1875
26-07-2018, 04:16 PM
This the same Allan who struggled at Celtic, struggled at Rotherham and struggled at Dundee, he's got 1 year left and is worth around £200k and no more, my opinion obviously.

Out of interest, what value do you put on SJM who also only has 1 year on his deal.

Allant1981
26-07-2018, 04:29 PM

has he actually had a chance at celtic to struggle? he didnt struggle at dundee either, cant coment on Rotherham as i dont really follow english football

w pilton hibby
26-07-2018, 04:30 PM

James Forrest (Celtc blogger) saying it's all Petrie's fault:

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/people-at-hibs-are-worried-that-their-standoff-with-celtic-with-cost-more-than-money/

ian cruise
26-07-2018, 04:36 PM

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/people-at-hibs-are-worried-that-their-standoff-with-celtic-with-cost-more-than-money/

Typical Celtic. We blamed Petrie for everything first, they're just jumping on the bandwagon again

Callum_62
26-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Out of interest, what value do you put on SJM who also only has 1 year on his deal.

McGinns worth to us is far far greater than Allans worth to Celtic

SunshineOnLeith
26-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Celtic bloggers are the worst, I've seen better written rangers club statements, which had less paranoia to boot.

J-C
26-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Different player, McGinn has 15 caps and is a key player in a top 4 club, Allan although does well here gets on the bench occasionally and wasn't even a 1st team pick at Dundee. Going by what Armstrong went for McGinn is worth minimum £4m.

Humo
26-07-2018, 06:05 PM

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/people-at-hibs-are-worried-that-their-standoff-with-celtic-with-cost-more-than-money/Reading that article has rekindled the hatred I had for Celtic and their supporters.

I honestly used to think 'aye they're bad but not as bad as The Rangers' but that just proves they truly are different cheeks of the same horrible bigoted arse

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Patronising guff from the establishment club.

Bob Box Fish
26-07-2018, 09:31 PM
IMO There’s no way you could play Mallan and Allan in the same team both are luxury players and without Mcginn we would get over run through the middle of the park.

Greenworld
27-07-2018, 08:22 AM

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/people-at-hibs-are-worried-that-their-standoff-with-celtic-with-cost-more-than-money/That piece is really funny. Talk about bitter he is making stuff up to cover up the fallout at celtic between Peter l and BR all is not well in the west and Rodgers is very unhappy at the way PL is dealing with the bids for John mcginn.
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji102][emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
27-07-2018, 09:36 AM
IMO There’s no way you could play Mallan and Allan in the same team both are luxury players and without Mcginn we would get over run through the middle of the park.

Totally disagree after last night. Mallan played the deeper Dylan role second half and I thought he was outstanding, taking the ball from the defence and spraying passes out wide.

Springbank
27-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Leigh Griffiths was at the game last night

Diclonius
27-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Leigh Griffiths was at the game last night

Wouldn't read too much into it, he always comes to see us when he can.

Mr_F
27-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Pretty sure we Allan won’t be back at Hibs

alihibs1
27-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Pretty sure we Allan won’t be back at HibsWhy?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
27-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Pretty sure we Allan won’t be back at Hibs

What about Scott Allan?

SideBurns
27-07-2018, 11:50 AM

You can argue it might be difficult to accommodate both, but no way are they "luxury players" - quite the contrary, it is essential to have a Mallan or Allan type in midfield who can create chances and take corners/ free-kicks to such good effect.

Northernhibee
27-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Honestly, £100k is the most I’d pay for him, maybe £150k.

Since90+2
27-07-2018, 11:54 AM
If we can get Allan for around 150k it's an absolute no brainer. On his day he is probably better than McGinn, just not as consistent.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 11:58 AM
If we can get Allan for around 150k it's an absolute no brainer. On his day he is probably better than McGinn, just not as consistent.

Best footballer we've had in midfield in a good few years. And we had a few of them last season :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2018, 12:29 PM
John McGinn has played his last game at Easter Rd as a Hibs player last night. A 4 year deal with Celtic will see him in Hoops, with a healthy sell on and appearance clause, for the start of the SPFL proper with Scotty Allan in as part of the cash + Swap deal and Ryan Christie on a season long loan. Total deal value c£4m

St.Mirren will get less than they expect because of the way the deal is structured. Pertrie for all may dislike him is no mug when it comes to structuring deals to maximise revenue to the club.

Source? Not saying I understand horse language but I do equine lip reading.

snooky
27-07-2018, 12:32 PM
John McGinn has played his last game at Easter Rd as a Hibs player last night. A 4 year deal with Celtic will see him in Hoops, with a healthy sell on and appearance clause, for the start of the SPFL proper with Scotty Allan in as part of the cash + Swap deal and Ryan Christie on a season long loan. Total deal value c£4m

St.Mirren will get less than they expect because of the way the deal is structured. Pertrie for all may dislike him is no mug when it comes to structuring deals to maximise revenue to the club.

Sorry, but a bit of sourcery is required. :halowitch:

Mr_F
27-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Why?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The charade with JMcG & signing Mallan, can’t see it

murray26
27-07-2018, 05:04 PM

I’d be quite happy with this deal👍

southsider
27-07-2018, 05:17 PM

If we avoid defeat nx Thurs then we keep John and let him stay until his contract ends. Fair chance to make group stages & big money. He has said he loves it here. Another year and English premiership teams will come calling. Best since the great PS.

Springbank
27-07-2018, 05:20 PM

both Allan and Christie available for Europe too

theonlywayisup
27-07-2018, 05:20 PM

I was about to type "rubbish, there's no way Hibs will let him go before the away match". But see that you said last match at Easter Road.

Gordy M
27-07-2018, 05:31 PM
If we avoid defeat nx Thurs then we keep John and let him stay until his contract ends. Fair chance to make group stages & big money. He has said he loves it here. Another year and English premiership teams will come calling. Best since the great PS.

His contract ends next year....so we would get zero for him next summer and wouldnt matter is English premiership teams came in? Also we still would have another 4 matches to 'win' before the groups i think....which will be a big ask.

Captain Trips
27-07-2018, 06:15 PM

If deal is worth £4m we should be getting over £3.5m in cash as I cannot see how Allan and a loan can cost anything more 500k. IMO of course.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Sorry, but a bit of sourcery is required. :halowitch:

The sourcery is in his last line.

Lago
27-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Sorry but that just will not happen. Because of the economics of running a football club in Scotland.

hibees 7062
28-07-2018, 12:05 PM
https://youtu.be/0FuwqSVXLn4 A wee reminder

Unseen work
29-07-2018, 12:33 AM
No chance we will get Allan and Christie when we already have Mallan.

No chance could we play those 3 plus Boyle. Especially not in a Neil Lennon team.

It would be a waste of what would be a big wage which imo could be used elsewhere to bring in a striker/defensive midfielder.

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2018, 12:38 AM
we don't need *ryan christie, but we do scott allan...imo/my wishlist of course :greengrin

*but if that's the deal, ok then :)