PDA

View Full Version : Bookie Bashing 2018/19 Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

LustForLeith
25-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Anyone got any tips for the coming season? Also, does anyone know whose doing odds for top Scottish Premiership scorer? Thinking Kamberi must be in with a shout.

Also noticed that Bet365 no longer refund Losing in play bets as cash as what they used to do. Sad times

Big_Franck
25-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Anyone got any tips for the coming season? Also, does anyone know whose doing odds for top Scottish Premiership scorer? Thinking Kamberi must be in with a shout.

Also noticed that Bet365 no longer refund Losing in play bets as cash as what they used to do. Sad times

I can't find any bookies that are offering top scorer bets in our league yet. Strange with it starting in 10 days.

I thought Hibs were value at 20/1 to win the League Cup seeing as we go straight in to the last 16 and do so as seeds. Betting for the League Cup is probably suspended until the other games tonight are played though.

Hibs to win and both teams to score tomorrow at 10/3 will be my bet.

Could anyone that does twitter maybe tweet bookies asking for prices for top scorer?

LustForLeith
25-07-2018, 09:09 AM
McBookie doing it. Big Flo 10/1

Big_Franck
25-07-2018, 09:10 AM
McBookie doing it. Big Flo 10/1

Shan price I think. When the bigger companies price them up one of them will **** up and in their ignorance price big Flo higher than that IMO.

WeeRussell
25-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Shan price I think. When the bigger companies price them up one of them will **** up and in their ignorance price big Flo higher than that IMO.

Can't be that bad a price if you reckon it'll take ignorance/f*** up for him to be higher than 10s?

Agree though - should get slightly higher once the other bookies sort their markets out :aok:

California-Hibs
25-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Definitely think we should keep this thread, or some kind of betting thread up for people's weekly tips/accas. Always fun reading these threads

vuefrom1875
25-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Man.city to concede less than 25 goals in the premier....25/1 skybet 😉😉😉

LustForLeith
25-07-2018, 11:41 AM

Could be cracking but my worry with City is that it’s been ages since a team has won back to back titles. I reckon they will eh more focused on Europe but that’s a cracking offer.

LustForLeith
25-07-2018, 11:45 AM

It is and it isn’t...

Rarely does a non old firm player get top scorer, without looking at google Boyd last season and maybe Rooney for Aberdeen?

With the service old form players get and the likelihood of them winning more games there’s a chance they’ll finishbtop. But 1/5 odds for a top three finish and throw it in with a couple of other bets and it does present value.

Anyone know of his goals per game ratio for last season against other strikers?

Zazu62
25-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Definitely think we should keep this thread, or some kind of betting thread up for people's weekly tips/accas. Always fun reading these threads

Can it be made into a sticky perhaps?

WeeRussell
25-07-2018, 11:48 AM

Only conceded 27 last season I think which suggests the above is great value. Especially as there's a good chance they will strengthen and become a more solid unit.

lord bunberry
25-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Whoever Berwick are playing -2. They seem to be getting hammered every game they play. I’m guessing the manager will be getting his marching orders pretty soon.

Hibs1972
25-07-2018, 12:10 PM
There’s a game on Thursday,NK Osijek of Croatia playing some wee team through west,5/4 looks a fairly tasty price.:cb

Hibeesmad
25-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Neil Warnock is 8/1 to be the first manager to leave in the premier league. Can’t see Cardiff get many points and they were fast enough booting out Malky in their last campaign in the premier league.

Rafa Benitez is also 8/1, if he’s not given the funds he wants then he could potentially walk out by the end of the window

SteveHFC
25-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Like the odds of Alkmaar and Burnley for tomorrow.

Hibeesmad
25-07-2018, 12:25 PM
There’s a game on Thursday,NK Osijek of Croatia playing some wee team through west,5/4 looks a fairly tasty price.:cb

Vitesse also 5/4 against a Romanian team who finished 4th in their league last season

worcesterhibby
25-07-2018, 12:49 PM
just had an accumulator on wins for Hibs, Aberdeen, Osijek (against rangers) and Red Imps to beat The New saints...£3 stake returns £478

You never know

Big_Franck
25-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Can't be that bad a price if you reckon it'll take ignorance/f*** up for him to be higher than 10s?

Agree though - should get slightly higher once the other bookies sort their markets out :aok:

I think a few of the odds compilers based down in Engerland won't have cottoned on to how good he is yet. If any of them offer 16s i'll be lumping on.

LustForLeith
25-07-2018, 02:20 PM
I think a few of the odds compilers based down in Engerland won't have cottoned on to how good he is yet. If any of them offer 16s i'll be lumping on.

I’m hoping for the same but I’m thinking that by the time bookies have priced the market the cat will be out the bag

McSwanky
25-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Also noticed that Bet365 no longer refund Losing in play bets as cash as what they used to do. Sad timesThe 365 offer has changed to a free in play bet if you place a pre match bet on the odd chosen game. Still as valuable as the old offer if they decide to carry it on.

If you're looking for value, 365 also do their 2 up offer which pays out as a winner as soon as your team goes 2 goals up. Money to be made there!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

we are hibs
25-07-2018, 04:19 PM
13/2 for hibs to win both halves tomorrow with skybet. Could be worth a tenner as they aren't great travellers and we will want to take a decent lead over there.

brianmc
25-07-2018, 04:58 PM
just had an accumulator on wins for Hibs, Aberdeen, Osijek (against rangers) and Red Imps to beat The New saints...£3 stake returns £478

You never know

170/1 for that on Bet365.

stoneyburn hibs
25-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Peterhead v Dundee tonight
Peterhead 10/1 Or 3/1 plus a goal.

hibeedonald
25-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Can't see that?

1two
25-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Some on the transfer thread will offer you 30/1 on Hibs signing another player ever again

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2018, 09:35 PM
Kamberi first goal NAP

Takes t pens. :wink:

nellio
25-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Neil Warnock is 8/1 to be the first manager to leave in the premier league. Can’t see Cardiff get many points and they were fast enough booting out Malky in their last campaign in the premier league.

Rafa Benitez is also 8/1, if he’s not given the funds he wants then he could potentially walk out by the end of the window

Warnock is a poor bet. Even if we are bottom I think tan will stick with him. Just looking to consolidate this season financially.

I think the new Arsenal boss could be a good value bet. A few bad results he will be under huge pressure at a team that's in transition.

Also if Wolves struggle their boss will be under pressure.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Whoever Berwick are playing -2. They seem to be getting hammered every game they play. I’m guessing the manager will be getting his marching orders pretty soon.

Don't think they've scored in The LC yet. I had Accies to win both halves last night @ 13/8, nae bother!

vuefrom1875
26-07-2018, 05:43 AM
Can't see that?

I can....only conceded 27 last season so I see it as an distinct possibility.

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 07:56 AM
I can....only conceded 27 last season so I see it as an distinct possibility.

I think he means he can't find it on skybet :greengrin

Future17
26-07-2018, 10:08 AM
I’m hoping for the same but I’m thinking that by the time bookies have priced the market the cat will be out the bag

Ladbrokes also have him at 10/1.

vuefrom1875
26-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Can't see that?

it's in the specials section.

Ged
26-07-2018, 10:34 AM
I was thinking of putting a Patent on Hibs but BET365 don't seem to allow it. Does anyone know if another online bookie will allow me?

The bet would be Hibs to win the league (without Celtic), League Cup and Scottish Cup. If one comes in I'll get my money back at least, but if the unthinkable happens...........

lord bunberry
26-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Don't think they've scored in The LC yet. I had Accies to win both halves last night @ 13/8, nae bother!
Even in the pre season games they seemed to lose loads of goals.

coco22
26-07-2018, 11:10 AM
I was thinking of putting a Patent on Hibs but BET365 don't seem to allow it. Does anyone know if another online bookie will allow me?

The bet would be Hibs to win the league (without Celtic), League Cup and Scottish Cup. If one comes in I'll get my money back at least, but if the unthinkable happens...........

Can’t seem to get odds on League Cup yet. 6s for the league without Celtic and 20s for the Scottish. Betfair will do a patent on this when odds available I wd think.

On another note....just short of 4/1 for a Burnley / Osijek double 🤔🤔

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 11:13 AM

You'll need to request it as a special as they're all related bets with the same team - i.e. you won't be able to just click on each and add them to a slip as normal.

jonny
26-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Haven't found it either. I've had to just put the 3 singles on.

WestStandWillie
26-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Claude Puel will be the first one oot the door. Got a ton on it.

Ged
26-07-2018, 12:08 PM
You'll need to request it as a special as they're all related bets with the same team - i.e. you won't be able to just click on each and add them to a slip as normal.

Thanks. I've dropped them a line.

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Thanks. I've dropped them a line.

Be interested to hear how you get on, as I have my doubts about them doing it as a patent. Sounds strange, I know, as clearly you could do them as 7 bets separately but with more bother of requesting all the different specials... but a 'special' bet is just one bet on a slip (in this case most likely the treble).

Dunno if I made any sense there :greengrin

Ged
26-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Be interested to hear how you get on, as I have my doubts about them doing it as a patent. Sounds strange, I know, as clearly you could do them as 7 bets separately but with more bother of requesting all the different specials... but a 'special' bet is just one bet on a slip (in this case most likely the treble).

If they don't come up with the Patent they're not getting the business. I'm not jumping through hoops for them.

Ged
26-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Here's what I got back from them.

Thank you for your email with your price request.

I can confirm we are offering all these selection individually however it is not allowing any multi bets on these as it treats these bets as interrelated.

I have sent this request to our traders and they will email you back if this is something that the would be willing to offer.

LustForLeith
26-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Here's what I got back from them.

It’s not interrelated though; is it? Three different competitions so they should be taking it.

Hibeewilly
26-07-2018, 02:24 PM
I think 6/4 Hibs tonight is a huge price on Betfair

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 03:06 PM
It’s not interrelated though; is it? Three different competitions so they should be taking it.

They don't have to take or offer any bet they don't want to. They are related... if Hibs were to win the league, there's a fair chance they are good enough to win either of the cups too.

Having said that, I was thinking about this earlier.. if example someone bet Rangers to win the league, and Hibs to win the cup.. I'd say there's an almost as strong relation there as both suggest Celtic aren't having as strong as season and opens up the chances for both bets... but there you go!

LustForLeith
26-07-2018, 03:32 PM
They don't have to take or offer any bet they don't want to. They are related... if Hibs were to win the league, there's a fair chance they are good enough to win either of the cups too.

Having said that, I was thinking about this earlier.. if example someone bet Rangers to win the league, and Hibs to win the cup.. I'd say there's an almost as strong relation there as both suggest Celtic aren't having as strong as season and opens up the chances for both bets... but there you go!

Good point but I think Bet365 are in the wrong. I’ve tried the bet on McBookie and they’d take it. Unless the person was wanting to do each way Cup bets and a winner in the league bet.

I think the unrelated theme could be taken to the nth degree. Hearts to be relegated and Edinburgh City to win League 2 on the basis Hearts have loaned a load of players to City.

Obviously, I’m not saying Hearts will get relegated...!

Ged
26-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Good point but I think Bet365 are in the wrong. I’ve tried the bet on McBookie and they’d take it. Unless the person was wanting to do each way Cup bets and a winner in the league bet.

I think the unrelated theme could be taken to the nth degree. Hearts to be relegated and Edinburgh City to win League 2 on the basis Hearts have loaned a load of players to City.

So they do, although the odds aren't as good as BET365.

I'll have a look around tomorrow and see if I can find better.

Thanks.

WeeRussell
26-07-2018, 04:11 PM

Yep - was going to say the same thing re related bets (but not use same example ;))

LustForLeith
26-07-2018, 10:15 PM
So they do, although the odds aren't as good as BET365.

I'll have a look around tomorrow and see if I can find better.

Thanks.

Try in a shop. They’ll take it but odds will be less

LustForLeith
26-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Got 4.25/1 for at least two goals and over 10 corners

Hulk1875
26-07-2018, 10:16 PM
£8 double tonight hibs win and sheep draw £52.80 back

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Sorry guys duff tip Kamberi first goal covered my bet though Kamberi anytime lucky or what? :thumbsup:
The only clear chance he had all night!

Jim44
26-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Based on what I’d read about the Greeks, and Lennon’s comment that they were favourites, I backed them at 3/1 ( yes, my bad ). I cashed out just before we drew level and made a nice wee profit. Our third was an unbelievable cherry on the cake.:thumbsup:

Frazerbob
27-07-2018, 06:26 AM
I have a feeling BTTS in our games will come in more often than not.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 07:00 AM
Try in a shop. They’ll take it but odds will be less

Same idea as online, only they’ll phone their office who will likely contact the traders and ask for a price.

Steve-O
27-07-2018, 07:28 AM
$5 on Hibs to win and BTTS at 4.5/1 got me back $27.50. Never in doubt...

Wakeyhibee
27-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Had no idea how this tie would pan out but thought there would be lots of goals. Backed Hibs to win, more than 2 goals & more than 3 goals (lesser stake). Was very lucky. My thinking was if we had another Malmo style stinker I would still be up without backing against Hibs directly.

Ged
27-07-2018, 08:11 AM

Here's their follow up. It doesn't work for me as I want the singles too so I've at least got some chance of getting my cash back.

On the basis of last night's game, first half Hibs would be nowhere near it and second half Hibs will give me some sport!

This email is regarding the price request you made for Hibernian to win competitions outright without Celtic Included.

Please see the below prices which have been offered by our trading for the selections you requested.

- 750/1 to win SPL WO Celtic, FA Cup & league Cup
- 66/1 to win SPL WO Celtic & league Cup
- 66/1 to win SPL WO Celtic & FA Cup
- 100/1 to FA Cup & League Cup

If you are looking to place bets on these selections at the prices offered you would be required to do so over our Telebet line where an advisor can manually place these for you.

WeeRussell
27-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Here's their follow up. It doesn't work for me as I want the singles too so I've at least got some chance of getting my cash back.

On the basis of last night's game, first half Hibs would be nowhere near it and second half Hibs will give me some sport!

It will work for you - do the singles separately online, and take them up on their offers for the multiples. Can still do your patent, just not as one bet. :aok:

Ged
27-07-2018, 10:57 AM
It will work for you - do the singles separately online, and take them up on their offers for the multiples. Can still do your patent, just not as one bet. :aok:

Good point. I might just do that then.

Cheers.

Hamish
27-07-2018, 11:41 AM
The bookies will have BTTS in matches involving Hibs at 1/3 this coming season.

Hamish
27-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Handicap for SPL title. Bet365

All teams 9/1

Hibs + 22 points.

Selected others

Celtc 0

The Rangers + 8

Aberdeen + 17

Hearts + 28

SRHibs
27-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Definitely made Kamberi’s goal even sweeter!

jonny
27-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Definitely made Kamberi’s goal even sweeter!

Brilliant bet, well done. I think the booking points would've put me off that one but you made it with a bit to spare.

SRHibs
27-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Brilliant bet, well done. I think the booking points would've put me off that one but you made it with a bit to spare.

Cheers. Felt like BTTS and Hibs win was a cert (never in doubt) but the rest was a bit lucky!

Big_Franck
29-07-2018, 11:45 AM

I emailed a load of firms last week who all priced up Kamberi at 10 or 12/1, bar one company. I was still waiting for Hills to get back to me and they did this morning, they've priced Kamberi at 50/1 to be top scorer - link below:

http://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/competitions/OB_TY297/Scottish-Premiership/outrights/OB_MG91021/Top-Goalscorer

I love how the bookies don't really have a clue about Scottish fitbaw :greengrin

LustForLeith
29-07-2018, 12:21 PM
I’ve got 12.23/1 for Hearts and Caley ovwr 2 goals over 3 bookings and over 10 corners

LustForLeith
29-07-2018, 12:24 PM
I emailed a load of firms last week who all priced up Kamberi at 10 or 12/1, bar one company. I was still waiting for Hills to get back to me and they did this morning, they've priced Kamberi at 50/1 to be top scorer - link below:

http://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/competitions/OB_TY297/Scottish-Premiership/outrights/OB_MG91021/Top-Goalscorer

I love how the bookies don't really have a clue about Scottish fitbaw :greengrin

My dear man, you might have just found a way to print money.

Each way, 1/4 the odds for a top three finish. Wow

LustForLeith
29-07-2018, 12:34 PM

The problem I have is McBookies have odds on Acottish Champions, League one and league two top scorers where as Hills don’t and I was hoping to do a lucky 15. I might now need to change my approach, Scottish patent and lucky 15 for scorers

JohnM1875
29-07-2018, 12:39 PM

Wow!! I'm all over that. Just created an account to stick a £10 on it. Thanks for posting. What a legend.

Managed to use a promo code and received three £10 free bets as well haha. Save those for Thursday.

Thecat23
29-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Is this in specials? I’m going to back this.

Col_0762
29-07-2018, 12:41 PM

56.5/1 if you boost it!

leither17
29-07-2018, 01:23 PM
I just went on and it’s dropped to 16/1

Craig_HFC
29-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Stuck a fiver on Kamberi to finish top goal scorer at 56.5/1 with William Hill

Now seen he’s dropped to 16/1

LustForLeith
29-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Stuck a fiver on Kamberi to finish top goal scorer at 56.5/1 with William Hill

Now seen he’s dropped to 16/1
No!!!!

Never got the 50’s!!!

Big_Franck
29-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Wow!! I'm all over that. Just created an account to stick a £10 on it. Thanks for posting. What a legend.

Managed to use a promo code and received three £10 free bets as well haha. Save those for Thursday.

:aok: good luck to everyone on it! It was never going to last long at 50s, that made him the same price as Connor Sammon and a longer shot than Steven McLean.

Bangkok Hibby
29-07-2018, 03:01 PM
My bet for the season will be....Liverpool top, Cardiff bottom

hibeedonald
29-07-2018, 06:12 PM
No!!!!

Never got the 50’s!!!

Just went to do the same and stick 50 on it but I see it's now also 16s. Gutted. Any other bookies with a similar price?

zitelli62
29-07-2018, 06:21 PM
At the game last Thursday I done a hibs Burnley double £10 paid £1600 will get one up yet.

zitelli62
29-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Meant to say at half time I done the double.

Big_Franck
29-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Just went to do the same and stick 50 on it but I see it's now also 16s. Gutted. Any other bookies with a similar price?

Unfortunately not. 16/1 is the best available now.

SteveHFC
29-07-2018, 07:21 PM
We’re 4/1 to win on Thursday.

Big_Franck
29-07-2018, 07:36 PM
We’re 4/1 to win on Thursday.

Who with? Best I can see is 3/1.

SteveHFC
29-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Who with? Best I can see is 3/1.

Bet365.

carnoustiehibee
29-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Cheers for the heads up got £30 and £10e/w earlier at 56.5/1 👍🇳🇬

EricStoner
30-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Always worth a read.
And worth the £2.90.
Even if you're not betting at Goodwood or Galway.
Racing & Football Outlook did their Scottish preview last week. I think Steve Davies did it, rather than "Figaro." I don't think they have a Scots Fitba specialist. Gave Hibs a good write-up and has us down for 2nd (!) in the Premier. Cannae mind what he recommended betwise. I do mind a few shockers in last season's RFO preview. Not sure which scribe did that. They did tip Livi at 25/1 e.w. Hard to crib the "bad" tips without hindsight. Definitely had Killie for bottom, Jags to sneak into the top six again at longish odds and Falkirk for the Championship but they were all fairly sound on the formbook.
At least one of the bookies did a Top Goal Scorer market on all three divisions throughout last season. Likely McBookie / BetVictor - same firm - but SkyBet may have done one for a while.
I'd advise anyone planning a punt on a Top Goal Scorer yankee, patent or other multi to hold on to their money until at least Thursday to see if anyone goes up with prices.
50/1 Kamberi is the type of clueless price that makes you wonder who does the compiling at Hills. I could ask. I know one current senior compiler and one recently reshuffled senior compiler. Neither would've put Kamberi in at 50/1. I hope. I'd not be taking 16/1. Doesn't seem likely to do a Marco Negri mid-season but an English swoop in January must be considered if he's well into double figures by the break.

Smartie
30-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I put a wee bet on Kamberi to score more than 20 goals and Hibs to finish above Hearts on William Hill - I searched Kamberi looking for the top scorer odds and it came up.

It was about 4.50 and I boosted it.

EricStoner
30-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Back home.
Dug out last week's RFO.
I was wrong about the tipster.
Steve Davies did the Premier team-by-team preview. "Figaro" did the tips. No way of knowing whether Steve Davies is the current "Figaro."
"Figaro" went for a whopping 16pts on Hibs at 9/4 with SkyBet for a top three finish. His biggest investment by some way.
10pts on Accies to finish in the bottom two at 11/8, also with SkyBet.
3pts e.w. Caley Thistle at a general 7/1.
3pts e.w. Airdrie at 8/1 with Bet365.
10pts Peterhead at 21/10 with Betfair.
Davies went for a fairly natural order of 1.Celtic, 2.Hibs, 3.Huns, 4.Sheep, 5.Killie, 6.Well, 7.Gunts, 8.Sainties, 9.Dundee, 10.Accies, 11.SirAlan, 12.Livi in his team-by-team piece.

BILLYHIBS
30-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Anyone got any stonewallers NAPS for the week ahead any sport any discipline need to give them Bookies a hard time?

California-Hibs
31-07-2018, 04:25 AM
Odds aren't ever great, but I find the over 1.5 goals market pretty profitable. Stick a few of them on rolled into an accumulator and at times its just printing money.

As is doing inplay at half time of 1 more goal or more in the 2nd half of games

Col_0762
31-07-2018, 09:45 AM
I got Ladbrokes to price up us, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen to score +65 goals. Got 3/1, max stake £20. Aberdeen should be the only small worry with it. Link should add to betslip if anyone wants:

https://m.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/#!slip

Dunno how to make that a proper link if anyone can?

WeeRussell
31-07-2018, 11:43 AM
I got Ladbrokes to price up us, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen to score +65 goals. Got 3/1, max stake £20. Aberdeen should be the only small worry with it. Link should add to betslip if anyone wants:

https://m.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/#!slip

Dunno how to make that a proper link if anyone can?

At 62 and 56 for us and Aberdeen respectively (I think?) last season, I'd say we are both far from certs in that regard. I thought the price was close to about right thinking it was 60+ goals... but at over 65, I'd personally want more than 3/1.

Good luck though - a fun bet to follow (other than wanting those 3 teams to score lots of course :greengrin)

SteveHFC
31-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Odds aren't ever great, but I find the over 1.5 goals market pretty profitable. Stick a few of them on rolled into an accumulator and at times its just printing money.

As is doing inplay at half time of 1 more goal or more in the 2nd half of games

Been using the over 1.5 goals in recent months. Have won a few bets this year using them.

EricStoner
31-07-2018, 04:34 PM
The power of the press😂.
Most things highlighted by the Racing Post tomorrow will shorten fairly rapidly when copies hit the news-stands.
The RFO previewer had to base his tips on prices offered 10 days ago. Lots of bookies would not have gone up by then.
However, money has not been piling on the RFO tips.
Hibs are now 3/1 with SkyBet for a top three finish. At least according to Oddschecker and 5/2 is available elsewhere. 3/1 is a cracking bet. It's nowhere near simply being a match with the Sheep but matchbet odds with the Sheep would be a fair basis for arriving at a "top three" price.
Accies have drifted to 6/4 for the bottom two.
Sir Alan 9/1 for the top six. I've seen worse 9/1 pokes.

BILLYHIBS
31-07-2018, 07:36 PM
The power of the press😂.
Most things highlighted by the Racing Post tomorrow will shorten fairly rapidly when copies hit the news-stands.
The RFO previewer had to base his tips on prices offered 10 days ago. Lots of bookies would not have gone up by then.
However, money has not been piling on the RFO tips.
Hibs are now 3/1 with SkyBet for a top three finish. At least according to Oddschecker and 5/2 is available elsewhere. 3/1 is a cracking bet. It's nowhere near simply being a match with the Sheep but matchbet odds with the Sheep would be a fair basis for arriving at a "top three" price.
Accies have drifted to 6/4 for the bottom two.
Sir Alan 9/1 for the top six. I've seen worse 9/1 pokes.
3/1 a cracking bet but dependant on who we get in placing a bet just now based on unknown high risk factors opposition may strengthen further so probably best looking for best odds before Scottish window closes If we do not strengthen significantly there is no doubt we are in a worse position than last year. Just saying :wink:

Smartie
31-07-2018, 07:42 PM
3/1 a cracking bet but dependant on who we get in placing a bet just now based on unknown high risk factors opposition may strengthen further so probably best looking for best odds before Scottish window closes If we do not strengthen significantly there is no doubt we are in a worse position than last year. Just saying :wink:

I'd say that we're in a worse place than the second half of last season (but that may yet change) although a case could be made for us being stronger than we were during the first half of last season.

Apart from anything else we're now settled back in the top league and know a bit more about all of the teams again (although I suppose they know a bit more about us).

BILLYHIBS
31-07-2018, 08:43 PM
I'd say that we're in a worse place than the second half of last season (but that may yet change) although a case could be made for us being stronger than we were during the first half of last season.

Apart from anything else we're now settled back in the top league and know a bit more about all of the teams again (although I suppose they know a bit more about us).
Agree :thumbsup:

Hibee Abroad
01-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Kamberi top Scottish Premiership scorer is 101/1 :cool2: just put a bet on now max stake 2.23 on 888 sport.:thumbsup::flag:

Smartie
01-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Hibs +1 23/20 on Betway for Thursday night I didn't think was too bad.

Future17
01-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Kamberi top Scottish Premiership scorer is 101/1 :cool2: just put a bet on now max stake 2.23 on 888 sport.:thumbsup::flag:

Thanks for the heads up! I got £2.23 on at 300/1 (sign up boost) and £2.77 at 100/1.

LustForLeith
01-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I got £2.23 on at 300/1 (sign up boost) and £2.77 at 100/1.

How do you get the sign up boost?

Bangkok Hibby
01-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Any thoughts on Rosenburg chances of beating Celtic tonight. Two or three years ago when Celtic were woeful away in Europe maybe. Different team now though.

Johnny_Leith
01-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Our that have caught my eye

Juventus to win serie A 2/5
Hearts to finish top 6 4/9
Barcelona to win la Liga 3/4

Tremendous value I think.

McSwanky
01-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Kamberi top Scottish Premiership scorer is 101/1 :cool2: just put a bet on now max stake 2.23 on 888 sport.[emoji106]:flag:Dropped to 50s now, but also available at Grosvenor and Unibet if anyone wants to spread their cash around...

Don't think there's an each way option on those though.

Big_Franck
01-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Gutted I missed 100/1! Whoever priced that up for 888sport needs shot.

Edit: it's dropped to 25/1 with 888sport and with Unibet now.

Future17
01-08-2018, 04:10 PM
How do you get the sign up boost?

I followed an offer link from Oddschecker and signed up. As soon as I deposited £10 the odds boost was available on the betslip.

Jim44
01-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Betting on Bet365 tomorrow’s match. Greeks 13/20 and Hibs 9/2. Worth a wee punt on Hibs , I think.

EricStoner
01-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Racing Post season preview.
Out today.
Usual guy Mark Walker does the Scottish section.
Recommendations:
RANGERS 5pts "Without Celtic" @ 1/2 (general)
HAMILTON 2pts to finish bottom @ 9/2 (Bet365)
HIBERNIAN 2pts to finish in the top three @ 3/1 (SkyBet)
ST.JOHNSTONE 1pt to finish in the top six @ 7/2 (SkyBet)
EDOUARD 1pt Top Goal Scorer @ 9/2 (general)
KAMBERI 1pt e.w. Top Goal Scorer @ 12/1 (Bet365)
CALEY THISTLE 2pts @ 7/1 (general)
AYR UTD 1pt e.w. @ 66/1 (Betway, Hills)
DUMBARTON 2pts @ 2/1 (Bet365)
AIRDRIE 1pt e.w. @ 8/1 (Bet365)
CLYDE 2pts @ 11/4 (Hills, 188Bet)
ANNAN 1pt @ 16/1 (general)

EricStoner
01-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Gutted I missed 100/1! Whoever priced that up for 888sport needs shot.

He would've been shot if the Gambling Commission had been under my jurisdiction when they fined 888Bet £7m or whatever it was last year😬. Come the revolution...😂

Jim44
01-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Betting on Bet365 tomorrow’s match. Greeks 13/20 and Hibs 9/2. Worth a wee punt on Hibs , I think.

Change of heart on hearing that Kamberi might not play, travel difficulties, hotel problems and so forth. Nort worth a gamble, now.

LustForLeith
02-08-2018, 05:07 PM
I got 7.45/1 for over three goals and over 10 corners in the Hibs game tonight

SteveHFC
02-08-2018, 05:11 PM
I got 7.45/1 for over three goals and over 10 corners in the Hibs game tonight

Got hibs to qualify, over 2.5 goals and over 10 corners for 17/1.

brydekirk
02-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Hibs & Marabor double 👍

EricStoner
03-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Opening day.
Go for it.
5 x £5 fourfolds and a £10 acca.
SIR ALAN @ 6/4 v. Dundee.
May be putting too much emphasis on the Dee's display v. Pars & I don't like betting simply because of a negative view of the team I'm opposing. Buddies good v. Killie & Sons but threw in a couple of shockers in between.
AYR UTD @ 21/10 v. Partick.
Deservedly won at Firhill at 9/2 last week. The Shankland thread on here contains none of the abuse in the one from 12 months ago. Honest Men pretty gung-ho & Cammy Bell may be busy.
AIRDRIE @ 8/5 at Forfar.
Only won two away last term and only finished one place & three points above the Loons but looked to have improved considerably in the League Cup and Loons are relegation probables.
ANNAN @ 6/4 v. Elgin.
Borderers obviously caught the eye in the League Cup. Presumably long coach trip for Elgin in warm weather after a poor League Cup campaign. They must be thankful Berwick & Albion Rovers look in disarray.
STIRLING @ 6/5 at Berwick.
Another bet mainly due to opposing what looks a worryingly poor Berwick side. I enjoy my trips to Shielfield and hope I'm wrong, but they look likely Wooden Spoonists. Stirling's win at Peterhead was eye-catching in a tough Cup group.

Cod Boy
03-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Check out Bet 365 odds for first goalscorer for Hibs against Motherwell. Bizarre odds for Jamie Gullan

03-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Check out Bet 365 odds for first goalscorer for Hibs against Motherwell. Bizarre odds for Jamie Gullan

Ha ha ha, I see what you mean. 8/13, don't think I've ever seen such short odds on a 1st goalscorer. Shame they didn't mess up the odd on Kamberi and give him a ridiculously high price.

EricStoner
03-08-2018, 11:01 PM
😂8/13 1st goal - or last goal - and 2/11 to score at any time.
Perhaps he's been sponsored by a Far East syndicate who have made a lot of people offers they can't refuse.
Hard to see what could cause an error like that in a book.
The book comes in at 140% for those priced at 12/1 or shorter. (Excluding the 8/13 Gullan!) OK. One or two of those won't start, so stakes will be returned, but it does show you how little value there is in 1st scorer markets - which are just the type of investment the average TV-Land punter is attracted to.

Treadstone
04-08-2018, 07:01 AM
AYR UTD @ 21/10 v. Partick.
Deservedly won at Firhill at 9/2 last week. The Shankland thread on here contains none of the abuse in the one from 12 months ago. Honest Men pretty gung-ho & Cammy Bell may be busy.

I'm keeping an eye on these Eric. I like an explanation with a pick and can't fault your angles. Particularly interested in Ayr backed them last week draw no bet 7-2, and that price is generous in my view. Jags could be seriously on the downgrade.
I'm going to look for something to go alongside it and looking towards Forest similar price to Ayr new money and decent manager albeit safety first.

Good luck.

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Hamilton and Toronto both matches over 2.5 goals

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 10:20 AM
There’s some folk on here who know about gambling. Then there’s the likes of me!

Does anyone have a football cert of the day? Mines is Killie to beat St Johnstone. If there’s any other certs I’ll add them to my selection. Strength in numbers!

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 10:25 AM
There’s some folk on here who know about gambling. Then there’s the likes of me!

Does anyone have a football cert of the day? Mines is Killie to beat St Johnstone. If there’s any other certs I’ll add them to my selection. Strength in numbers!
Will throw my hat in the ring with Ayr to beat Jags at home for the second time 2/1

Cod Boy
04-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Will throw my hat in the ring with Ayr to beat Jags at home for the second time 2/1

Clyde to beat Cowdenbeath would be my pick.

Treadstone
04-08-2018, 10:47 AM
No cert but Preston to beat QPR who had a terrible pre season shade of odds on.

leither17
04-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I’ve had a bet on charlton to beat Sunderland away at 18/5

Bangkok Hibby
04-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Tell you the best tip you will ever learn. If you're serious about BETTING and you only have one certainty, back it in a single. Go searching for bets to just chase a big payout and you're goosed every time.
If you're just interested in GAMBLING, knock yourself out.

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Missed Charlton, 16/1 for Killie, Ayr, Clyde and Preseton!

Hibs90
04-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Got the following;

Ayr v Partick Over 1.5
Ross County
Clyde
Stirling Draw no bet
Arbroath or draw
Forfar or draw

Brentford
Preston
Notts County
MK Dons draw no bet
Peterborough v Bristol Rovers Over 1.5 goals

BTTS & To win
Dundee United
Brentford
Coventry
Oldham
West Brom
Wigan

EricStoner
04-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Might be of interest to keep track of Mark Walker's tips in the Racing Post. He does get paid for doing them after all.
Goes with Stenny as his headline tip at 29/20 with Hills for their home game v. Brechin. 2pts staked on that. Also goes 2pts on the Gunts at 188Bet's 17/16 for their, ehhhh, "trip" to Ganja Reefer Stadium. Has a 1pt bet on the Pars at Tannadice as well. 11/5 with Hills.

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Well done boys! ACCA in ! Same next week ? :thumbsup:

leither17
04-08-2018, 04:07 PM
An Oxford goal away from 930 notes

Hibspirational
04-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Cheers Fellas. 16-1 for Killie, Preston, Ayr and Clyde!

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 04:49 PM
100 per cent start!

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 05:52 PM
That’ll be me for the season!!

Smartie
04-08-2018, 05:56 PM
I did ok today, but West Brom ended up stopping me making a small fortune.

Ayr United and Clyde were great shouts from here btw - cheers chaps.

Purple & Green
04-08-2018, 08:02 PM
I’ve had a bet on charlton to beat Sunderland away at 18/5

7/1 Sunderland at half time made for a good weekend. Never in doubt :not worth

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 08:19 PM
100% success rate for the first HIBS.net acca let’s keep this going if everyone sends in their naps o the day safety in numbers different minds different sports even we can select the best four or five acca insurance and donate the proceeds to HSL! You just know the bookies are going to take our trousers down ! 😁👍🏾⚽️🇳🇬

LustForLeith
04-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I thinking more of the give me beer money fund!

EricStoner
04-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Mark Walker was 3/3 in the Racing Post. Treble would've paid 14/1.
I didn't do too well. Berwick winning was un-nerving. I've no idea whether Elgin bussed it 250 miles this morning, but it astounds me that clubs at that level often travel down the night before.
Good start for a lot of you. Well done.

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2018, 06:21 AM
I thinking more of the give me beer money fund!
Yip! Spent mine already today is another day! :wink:

Treadstone
05-08-2018, 06:56 AM
I didn't do too well. Berwick winning was un-nerving. I've no idea whether Elgin bussed it 250 miles this morning, but it astounds me that clubs at that level often travel down the night before.

Excellent shout Eric. Used to religiously get the Post on a Saturday for Ian Coynes picks in Scotland. May have to start again after that. Big fan of the true odds in the RFO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Not checked the odds yet, quite fancy a red card in The Dons game though.

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 08:03 AM

I was thinking there would be loads of bookings. Started a Bet365 bet builder and over 5 cards was 2/5!

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 08:06 AM

Teams at that level tend to bus it on the day. With them being part time hey might not be able to afford stuff like a hotel and the players might be working on the Friday.

I remember speaking to folk in the Highland League who said on occasion it could take five hours for players to make it to an away game in the same league!

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 08:07 AM

Bet365 giving 11/5 for a red card in the bet builder

Gordy M
05-08-2018, 08:08 AM

Stirling Albion getting beat from Berwick let me down for £1050 for a 5 pound bet.

hfc rd
05-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Notts County & Sheffield Utd both let me down yesterday. 😡

Gordy M
05-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Hibs/draw, BTTS, hibs over 7 corners and MacLaren to score 14/1 on bet365.

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Anyone get an email from Bet365 for he community shield today? I thought they would have had an offer. Really hoping they bring back the one where they refund your inplay bet as cash 💰 💰💰

Time For Heroes
05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Hibs
The Rangers
Man City to lift the trophy 5.5/1

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Never took long! 7-4!

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Did you back it?

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Aye, put it on in a Hills shop @ about 1258!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Might not be the last.

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2018, 12:18 PM
ffs wisnae oan! 😬

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Aye, put it on in a Hills shop @ about 1258!

👍

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Mallan to score at anytime is 11/2!

leither17
05-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Motherwell are 4/1

Smartie
05-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Mallan to score at anytime is 11/2!

Who with?

Future17
05-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Who with?

I got 7/1 with 888Sport.

SteveHFC
05-08-2018, 02:32 PM
I got 7/1 with 888Sport.

Well played :aok:

coco22
05-08-2018, 02:52 PM
I got 7/1 with 888Sport.

I had him at 7/1 with Betfair. Thought it was good odds!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Huns win btts only let down of the day after the red card, Boyle ew & MC HT-FT.

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Got gready with the Mallan bet. Also threw in over 2 goals and over 10 corners for 18/1.

Darn those corners!

Cracking odds for Mallan, worth keeping an eye on when we’re away to Celtic and Rangers and bookies over price us..!

hibeedonald
05-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Hibs, hearts, st mirren treble. Good start to the season :flag:

staunchhibby
05-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Not able to put bet on at stadium.Have they stopped opening.??????

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Not able to put bet on at stadium.Have they stopped opening.??????

Maybe didn’t have the staff on a Sunday?

staunchhibby
05-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Not been open the last 3 matches

EricStoner
09-08-2018, 12:24 AM
Baaaaaaaaassssssssstaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrdddddssssss!
I'm a lazy bawbag.
Entirely my own fault.
"8/5 Killie?! That's worth a bet!" Was my first thought on looking at next weekend's odds on Monday morning. Of course, I filed it under, "Things to do."
Now I've been ersed to get around to placing a bet, only two firms go as big as 7/5😬.

As Bangkok Hibby sagaciously remarks above: "If you fancy something, have a beefy single on it."
Bookies don't make many mistakes in match result markets. With a much bigger percentage mark-up on lower league Scottish games than in El Classico, mistakes by compilers have to be quite large to allow a punter an edge. To suggest a compiler has made enough mistakes on a 21-match coupon to justify having an acca is almost libellous.
I'm having one anyway.
Less outrageously optimistic than last week. I got three out of five. Was looking at £200+ for a few minutes between St.Mirren taking the lead v. Dundee and Annan being pegged by Elgin. Not to be. I'm still shaken by Berwick's win against Stirling.

Anyhow, same bet as last week: 5 x £5 fourfolds and a £10 acca.

KILLIE @ 7/5 at Livi.
I'm dubious whether Killie will make the top six without Mulumbu. However, they still look a cut above the likely strugglers and the stout Hun seems in good shape. The new pitch may be a leveller and Livi have made some interesting signings but none convince me. I made Killie 5/4 here.

DUNFERMLINE @ 31/20 v. Ross County.
Pars have started well and have decent firepower. Ross seem permanently anaemic. There's something wrong up there. Schalk often not starting last term was strange. He's away. Board takes too much interest in the dressing room when things go wrong. Unhealthy. I think Pars are a slightly better side than Staggies, so the one bookie to have Ross favs is way out of line. I also had Pars in at 5/4 on my tissue.

AIRDRIE @ 4/5 v. Montrose.
I generally dislike backing Airdrie at this level. Bookies know a lot of punters rate them "Too good for League 1" so they are often under-priced. They took their time to see off Forfar last week but I think they're the 3rd-best side down here and they should be seeing-off the likes of the feisty Div.4 champs. They're 4/6 with me.

ARBROATH @ 5/6 v. Stranraer.
I love D1ck Campbell. I'm not convinced a fair League Cup & a 4-0 win at Montrose heralds a challenge for the title, but I had the Lichties in at 8/11. Exactly 20 years on from THAT game, the 'Raer are a competent side but I expect more goals from Arbroath than they can match.

COWDENBEATH @ 29/20 v. Annan.
I backed Annan last week. No disgrace being held at home by Elgin. I think they'll do OK and the play-offs aren't beyond them. However, laugh if you must, but I backed the Blue Brazil e.w. at 33/1 for the title. They've strengthened considerably from their two Wooden Spoons, even if Jordyn Sherrin has more fat on him than the aforementioned Mulumbu & Boyd combined.

Treadstone
09-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Beefy single on Bournemouth. Cardiff poor passing team and going to learn that even against the lesser lights giving the ball away in the Premier League will be tough. If Bournemouth stand up to the challenge I see a comfortable afternoon for the cherries.

staunchhibby
09-08-2018, 06:39 AM
Any body know if Marathon bet will be open tonight

LustForLeith
09-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Any bets for tonight? Bet365 have Malliin to score at anytime at 15/2.

Hibspirational
09-08-2018, 07:06 AM
Any bets for tonight? Bet365 have Malliin to score at anytime at 15/2.

That’s good, Skybet are 5/2 anytime and 15/2 for first.

Speedy
09-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Never bet on Hibs but have done so thus far in Europe. Minimum success (lost my Faroe bet and marginally up at home to Asteras) but lumped on again tonight. I reckon we're really good value tonight.

Also on Burnley & Rangers to lose and Rosenborg to beat Cork.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2018, 04:31 PM
HIBS v Molde over 2.5 goals

Johnny_Leith
09-08-2018, 05:08 PM
HIBS v Molde over 2.5 goals

Yup on this too, evens is buying money!

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Scanning this week's Racing & Football Outlook.
Looks a hard coupon in Scotland. Figaro's column emphasises that. Ten suggestions in it. Not one of them in Scotland.
He highlighted seven last week. Four were Scottish. He found Ayr @ 2/1, Pars @ 23/10 and Edinburgh City @ 8/11. He had one loser. He was not the only pundit or tipster to trumpet that "Stirling look reliable bankers"😟.
Strange that the phrase "reliable bankers" has survived really.
The RFO's "Singles Bar" column is by Andrew Wilshire this week. As with Liam Flin in last week's hot seat, he sees nothing worth a beefy single in Scotland.
Dan Sait does the "True Odds" number crunching. As when he did it last week, he finds no noteworthy anomaly in the SPFL.
The main number crunching Europa League headline was "Feyenoord have the class to master tricky Trencin"... & the Rotterdam radges lost 4-0, so computers, co-efficients and calculus aren't everything.
Does look a bar steward of a list though.

SRHibs
10-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Scanning this week's Racing & Football Outlook.
Looks a hard coupon in Scotland. Figaro's column emphasises that. Ten suggestions in it. Not one of them in Scotland.
He highlighted seven last week. Four were Scottish. He found Ayr @ 2/1, Pars @ 23/10 and Edinburgh City @ 8/11. He had one loser. He was not the only pundit or tipster to trumpet that "Stirling look reliable bankers"😟.
Strange that the phrase "reliable bankers" has survived really.
The RFO's "Singles Bar" column is by Andrew Wilshire this week. As with Liam Flin in last week's hot seat, he sees nothing worth a beefy single in Scotland.
Dan Sait does the "True Odds" number crunching. As when he did it last week, he finds no noteworthy anomaly in the SPFL.
The main number crunching Europa League headline was "Feyenoord have the class to master tricky Trencin"... & the Rotterdam radges lost 4-0, so computers, co-efficients and calculus aren't everything.
Does look a bar steward of a list though.

So what are the suggestions?🤔

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 03:05 PM
...& if it's any consolation for the money-buyers above, the RFO, in the shape of Liam Flin, went for 2pts on over 2.5 goals as the bet in last night's game. There was no preview in the Racing Post. The heftiest RFO advice on the European games was Derek Guldberg's 3pts @ 7/2 on Maribor😣😡😞😟 but he did tip the draw in Celtic v. AEK for 2pts at 12/5.

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 03:19 PM
So what are the suggestions?🤔

There bloody well ain't any😣. Not in Scotland.
Figaro goes for Bournemouth to beat Cardiff in the EPL. Brighton "draw no bet" at Watford.
Charlton, Bristol Rovers, Doncaster & Gillingham in League One.
Lincoln & MK Dons in League Two...
...& a couple of midweek Conference / National League tips: Chesterfield who won 3-0 at 23/20 and Barnet who were held 1-1 at 3/4.

Singles Bar tips are:
Forest
Under 2.5 in Villa v. Wigan
Charlton
Macclesfield
Lincoln v. Swindon draw

True Odds anomalies:
Man City
Bournemouth
Swansea
West Bromwich
Sunderland

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 03:23 PM
My suggestion for tomorrow would be to suggest there will be a fair few nags & bow-wows that will be better value at identical prices than anything currently offered on the SPFL😣.

Frazerbob
10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Bet365 doing their free in-play bet on Arsenal v City on Sunday. Depending on your account history, anything from £10 to £50

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Hibs only 175/1 to win the Europa league. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
10-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Got a tip today from someone ITK???
Yes I know we’ve heard this pish before but Peterhead a stick on tomorrow Albion Rovers have lost all their players and are playing juniors. My contact reckons they will win two plus goals but for the more cautious gambler best pairing them with whoever is playing Berwick. Good luck!

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Got a tip today from someone ITK???
Yes I know we’ve heard this pish before but Peterhead a stick on tomorrow Albion Rovers have lost all their players and are playing juniors. My contact reckons they will win two plus goals but for the more cautious gambler best pairing them with whoever is playing Berwick. Good luck!

Well known that there was a mass exodus from Coatbridge after Albion's relegation. They've signed a lot of juniors. I don't know enough about juniors to have an opinion of how good the newcomers are.
Peterhead must have bust more coupons than any other Scottish side last term. They managed to lose at home to Berwick. A coach journey from Berwick to Peterhead isn't known for its restorative qualities. McAllister and Lyle should pillage Rovers though. Berwick are at Q.Park, but they bust everyone's coupon against Stirling last week. 1/2 Peterhead. 5/6 the Spiders.

LustForLeith
10-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Bet365 doing their free in-play bet on Arsenal v City on Sunday. Depending on your account history, anything from £10 to £50

Don’t get the refund in cash if your in play bet gets bwat

SteveHFC
10-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Aberdeen and killie good odds tomorrow.

LustForLeith
10-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Right!

We had a bit of luck last week with the Hibs acca.

Simply put, if you had to pick one team to win this week, who would it be?

I like Motherwell to beat Hamilton. Motherwell weren’t that bad last week against Hibs. They’ve lost once at home to Hamilton while Hamilton haven’t won in their last eight away games.

Anyone else?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Man City ht-ft.

Gordy M
10-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Don’t get the refund in cash if your in play bet gets bwat

Yeh they have changed that....but then you dont now have to deposit the cash for the bet in the first place.

LustForLeith
10-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Yeh they have changed that....but then you dont now have to deposit the cash for the bet in the first place.

The previous offer was a God send: I made over £600 at one pint! Wish they’d bring it back!

jonty
10-08-2018, 06:56 PM

or for some of us £5 :greengrin

LustForLeith
10-08-2018, 08:12 PM
or for some of us £5 :greengrin

Mines had been cut from £50 to ££25 Down to £10 randomly up to £25 for one game during the World Cup then back down to £10!

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Right!

I like Motherwell to beat Hamilton. Motherwell weren’t that bad last week against Hibs. They’ve lost once at home to Hamilton while Hamilton haven’t won in their last eight away games.

Anyone else?

As a nap, I'd go for Airdrie to send Section B home happy in their mullets, shiny tracksuit tops, Doc Martens boots, flared trousers and Ford Cortinas with a win over Montrose.

lord bunberry
10-08-2018, 10:20 PM
The Villa are 21/20 at home Wigan. With super John running the show it’s a license to print money.

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 05:37 AM
As a nap, I'd go for Airdrie to send Section B home happy in their mullets, shiny tracksuit tops, Doc Martens boots, flared trousers and Ford Cortinas with a win over Montrose.

😂

HibeeMackenzie
11-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Ayr to beat Inverness at 3/1 and Celtic to beat hearts at 3/4 seem cracking value to me

McSwanky
11-08-2018, 06:10 AM
The previous offer was a God send: I made over £600 at one pint! Wish they’d bring it back!The current offer has the same value as the old one.

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 06:46 AM
The current offer has the same value as the old one.

It does but it was better when they gave you your losing in play bet as a cash refund

The good old days

Treadstone
11-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Right!

Bournemouth shade odds on to beat Cardiff.

IanM
11-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Aberdeen and killie good odds tomorrow.

This

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Bournemouth shade odds on to beat Cardiff.

I’ve got them in my Last Man Standing this week so that’s them jinxed!

green day
11-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Aberdeen, Killie, Dunfermline, Ayr, Edinburgh City 5 team accumulator, 116/1

SmithyHibee
11-08-2018, 07:24 AM
It does but it was better when they gave you your losing in play bet as a cash refund

The good old days

Stick your pre-match bet on a first goalscorer that isn’t in the squad for either team (before 365 update their list), sure they refund you the initial bet in cash and you still get the free in-play bet.

See @twopoundpunt on twitter, he does it

McSwanky
11-08-2018, 07:48 AM

The good old daysI don't get why it was better, surely a £50 free bet in play is exactly the same as getting your stake refunded if you lose?

E.g. the draw at say 5/2 in the Arsenal match:

Old way: use £50 of your own money. If it wins you win £125 profit. If it loses you're even.

New way: put £50 free bet on the draw. If it wins you win £125 profit (stake not returned on free bet). If it loses you're even.

It's the same offer, just structured slightly differently.

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 08:17 AM
I don't get why it was better, surely a £50 free bet in play is exactly the same as getting your stake refunded if you lose?

E.g. the draw at say 5/2 in the Arsenal match:

Old way: use £50 of your own money. If it wins you win £125 profit. If it loses you're even.

New way: put £50 free bet on the draw. If it wins you win £125 profit (stake not returned on free bet). If it loses you're even.

It's the same offer, just structured slightly differently.

They refunded the losing in play bet as cash, that’s why it was better 😉

McSwanky
11-08-2018, 08:42 AM
They refunded the losing in play bet as cash, that’s why it was better [emoji6]Okayyyyyyyyyy then! [emoji1][emoji850]

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Okayyyyyyyyyy then! [emoji1][emoji850]

It took me ages to get my head around it and I remember telling proper gamblers about t and they didn’t get it

I played it safe so before a game I’d back a double result. Let’s jyst say United are playing City Id back both of them to win. As soon as they game started I’d back a draw with my in play bet

If it was a draw I’d win the draw bet but take off the in play stake. I’d lose my initial City or United bet but I’d still have healthy profit

If however City or United won I’d have a minimum profit from that plus mynin play bet refunded as cash!

They used to do it a bit then stopped then started but dknt give you the in play bet back as cash if you lose. I’m sure they list a fortune round Euro 2016 and in particular the Wales and Belgium game.

👍

McSwanky
11-08-2018, 08:57 AM
It took me ages to get my head around it and I remember telling proper gamblers about t and they didn’t get it

I played it safe so before a game I’d back a double result. Let’s jyst say United are playing City Id back both of them to win. As soon as they game started I’d back a draw with my in play bet

If it was a draw I’d win the draw bet but take off the in play stake. I’d lose my initial City or United bet but I’d still have healthy profit

If however City or United won I’d have a minimum profit from that plus mynin play bet refunded as cash!

They used to do it a bit then stopped then started but dknt give you the in play bet back as cash if you lose. I’m sure they list a fortune round Euro 2016 and in particular the Wales and Belgium game.

[emoji106]Ok, so you know you can still do that with the current offer and make exactly the same money though, don't you?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Aberdeen
spurs
villa

9/1

Same teams plus killie 18/1

Gordy M
11-08-2018, 09:02 AM

👍

Mate, its the exacy same bet.....the pnly difference is instead of having to actually deposit cash to make the bet, they just give you a free bet in play. There is no difference.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Mark Walker in the Racing Post got three out of three last week. The treble paid 14/1.
Today he goes for:
KILLIE 2pts @ 13/10 (Betfair & Coral)
He reasons that they shouldn't be inconvenienced by the new Almondvale plastic pitch and has been impressed by Ndjoli up top as a good foil for the stout Hun.
MORTON 2pts @ 7/5 (Betway)
He produces the snippet that Alloa have narrowed their awful pitch by 9 metres 😨 (I'd not heard that) & he argues that Morton will be OK with that as they don't play with much width. Also points out that ra Ton are getting players back from niggly pre-season injuries that caused them to miss League Cup games.
QUEEN'S PARK 2pts @ 5/6 (Hills)
He was taken by their League Cup displays v. Sir Alan & Killie and with their creditable opening point at Peterhead. He highlights Berwick's off-field problems and their dire League Cup, whilst mentioning last week's coupon-busting win against Stirling.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Mark Walker also does the Gunts v. Celtic TV preview.
His recommended bet is over 1.5 Gunts goals at 3/1 with Bet365 or Coral. Interesting. I can see his reasoning there though.

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Mate, its the exacy same bet.....the pnly difference is instead of having to actually deposit cash to make the bet, they just give you a free bet in play. There is no difference.

But you need to make a bet to get your in play bet?

So tomorrow City v Arsenal. I can back both of them before tr match to win and for a tenner I’d get £12. I’d use my £10 in play bet in the draw and get about £30 back

Tomorrow if it’s a draw I get about £30 back and so lose my pre match bet. But if either City or Arsenal win and I get £12 but I don’t get anything back from that inplay bet because it’s beat.

However what used to happen is that I’d get my £12 plus my £10 back as a refund even although it was a free bet I’d playcee in play.

Gordy M
11-08-2018, 10:21 AM

So tomorrow City v Arsenal. I can back both of them before tr match to win and for a tenner I’d get £12. I’d use my £10 in play bet in the draw and get about £30 back

Tomorrow if it’s a draw I get about £30 back and so lose my pre match bet. But if either City or Arsenal win and I get £12 but I don’t get anything back from that inplay bet because it’s beat.

However what used to happen is that I’d get my £12 plus my £10 back as a refund even although it was a free bet I’d playcee in play.

Yeh but before hand you would have had to bet £20. £10 before the match and £10 in play. Now you only bet £10.

WeeRussell
11-08-2018, 10:24 AM

But you won’t have deposited anything for the free bet so not losing out. (Previously when your Inplay lost, you had it refunded but it was your money in the first place).

As poster states above - there is no difference in the risk-free element whatsoever.

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Yeh but before hand you would have had to bet £20. £10 before the match and £10 in play. Now you only bet £10.

No iit was a free in play bet!!!

I’ve tried to upload a screenshot of an other showing they did it years ago. Not sure if it worked

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 10:48 AM
But you won’t have deposited anything for the free bet so not losing out. (Previously when your Inplay lost, you had it refunded but it was your money in the first place).

As poster states above - there is no difference in the risk-free element whatsoever.

You didn’t deposite anything for your free bet but they refunded it as cash if you lost!

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2018, 11:33 AM

👍
Are you my brother? That’s what he does all the time and he is more or less a professional gambler! Half the time I don’t know what he is on about I just nod and smile :wink:

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Are you my brother? That’s what he does all the time and he is more or less a professional gambler! Half the time I don’t know what he is on about I just nod and smile :wink:

😂

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 11:41 AM
So Motherwell, Aberdeen, Killie, Airdrie and Bournemouth looks to be the tips.

Any more?

heid the baw
11-08-2018, 11:45 AM
It is too early in the season to check form but I'm going with a Airdrie, Peterhead, Dunfermline and Crewe acca.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Any more?
Peterhead

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Any more?
Got to be careful though law of probability states more outcomes less chance of a positive outcome starts to work in bookies favour maybe three or four teams or five team acca with acca insurance

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Got to be careful though law of probability states more outcomes less chance of a positive outcome starts to work in bookies favour maybe three or four teams or five team acca with acca insurance

That’s what I’m thinking!

HibbyAndy
11-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Aberdeen
spurs
villa

9/1

Same teams plus killie 18/1

:cb:cb:cb

lord bunberry
11-08-2018, 04:11 PM
The Villa are 21/20 at home Wigan. With super John running the show it’s a license to print money.

Never in doubt :greengrin

Thecat23
11-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Last min Villa goal won me £301. Also done the Sky treble that got me £110. Waiting on Everton and Leeds now for just over £700 🙏🏼

LustForLeith
11-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Had a nightmare!!!

staunchhibby
11-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Well done tc

JohnM1875
11-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Managed to win £90 for a £5 stake on

Villa
Peterhead
Aberdeen
Queens Park
Bournemouth

Quite chuffed with that. I'm giving full credit to McGinn as he apparently had a blinder three assists. Well, one was an OG but definitely two assists! haha.

H18 SFR
11-08-2018, 04:38 PM
£245 last week, £153 today. Loving 2018/19.

Hibspirational
11-08-2018, 04:59 PM
So far this weekend, just Ouch! Thanks to Killie and Well.

Thecat23
11-08-2018, 05:01 PM
£246 to cash out or let it run hoping for the £700!!! 🤔

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 05:44 PM
4 out of 5 for me, Motherwell cost me £122. Oh well :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2018, 06:25 PM
£246 to cash out or let it run hoping for the £700!!! 🤔

What did you do F?

Thecat23
11-08-2018, 07:27 PM
What did you do F?

Went to Cash Out on £489 and it went to suspend and lost it 😩 But never mind still up for today so can’t be greedy.

Del Boy
11-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Nightmare!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Went to Cash Out on £489 and it went to suspend and lost it 😩 But never mind still up for today so can’t be greedy.

Sair yin but, I'm sure you've had worse days.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Had a nightmare!!!

Couldn't have done as badly as me.
I thought that was a very hard Scots coupon. I was 3* confident on a 5* rating last week. I'd have rated today's confidence level at 1.5.
BetFred last-16 next weekend, so no Premier or Championship games scheduled. Arbroath v. Dumbarton looks interesting in League 1 and there's a pay-per-view title decider between Rory McAllister and David Goodwillie in League 2.
Before that... The Irn Bru Cup. Knock it if you must, but there won't be any other competition with as much media coverage where the bookies have less idea of form lines.
Well done to those who made a bawbee or two.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Any more?
Killie and Motherwell F***** us big time!

Thecat23
11-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Sair yin but, I'm sure you've had worse days.

True mate.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Killie and Motherwell F***** us big time!

Airdrie tae

McSwanky
11-08-2018, 09:59 PM
No iit was a free in play bet!!!

I’ve tried to upload a screenshot of an other showing they did it years ago. Not sure if it workedCan't read you screenshot I'm afraid, but I've been doing 365 offers for years, and the only 2 offers of this type that I've seen are:

1. Bet £x pre-match and £x in play and if the in play bet loses, your stake is refunded as cash
2. Bet £x pre-match and get an £x free in play bet.

These two offers work out exactly the same. Are you saying you've had a different offer in the past?

overdrive
11-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Boom!

Spurs
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Wolves-Everton draw

Returned £90.73 from a £5 bet

California-Hibs
12-08-2018, 05:41 AM
What's Sundays bets then? Nothing looking too interesting to be honest..

duffers
12-08-2018, 07:49 AM

Porteous to score in both halves at 400/1 :wink:

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Liverpool

LustForLeith
12-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Liverpool, Man City. Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar all over 2.5 goals today

DJ HIBBY
12-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Mallan 20/1 first goal and 8/1 anytime scorer with bet 365
Had him 16/1 last weekend
Other bookies only have him 13/2 first goal scorer !

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Man City ht-ft.

Collect! Had a L'pool win both halves Man C double too.