PDA

View Full Version : Asteras Watch

St Pauli Hibee
24-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Anyone Saw any Asteras fans going about Edinburgh yet ?? and if so are they in Café Nero like the Runavik fans were ??

Lancs Harp
24-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Heading for the Spitaki. :wink:

Had a very good dinner in there last year.

Jamesie
24-07-2018, 05:03 PM
No idea how big the Greek community is in Edinburgh - wonder how many expat fans of other Greek sides might come along just out of interest, irrespective how small AT's home gates normally are.

Jamesie
24-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Will also be interested to see if the two dudes who sat in the back row of the south and appeared to be estranged from the rest of the Runavik support make a reappearance for this game.

jgl07
24-07-2018, 05:10 PM
No idea how big the Greek community is in Edinburgh - wonder how many expat fans of other Greek sides might come along just out of interest, irrespective how small AT's home gates normally are.

I hope they fare better than the Molmö fans who went to JPs on York Place, one of the group of Swedish owned bars in Edinburgh. They were told to bugger off by the Gothenburg supporting bar staff.

hfc rd
24-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Seen a group of about 9-10 Asteras fans earlier at ER today.

Godsahibby
24-07-2018, 05:14 PM
The Greek boy at my work is coming along to the game with me.

hfc rd
24-07-2018, 05:17 PM
The Greek boy at my work is coming along to the game with me.

What does your Greek mate think of this present Asteras side if he has seen them recently play. I’ve never seen them play? I don’t know what to expect on Thursday. Would he say we have a chance of progressing or will they be too good against us over the two legs?

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2018, 05:20 PM

Greek lad in my work is planning on going along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesie
24-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Greek lad in my work is planning on going along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would imagine there is a fairly sizeable Greek economic migrant community in Edinbrugh given events over the past decade - indeed the same can probably be said for much of Southern Europe. I was at an event hosted by the Italian Consul a couple of months back and was interested to hear that Italian migration to Scotland over the past few years has hit a record high - far greater than during the years of the 20th Century more traditionally associated with that shift.

Jamesie
25-07-2018, 11:26 AM
The AT squad was spotted on Princes Street a few minutes ago by a friend's son. Apparently they're "tiny". No suggestion as to whether they have stopped for a caffeine break.

Austinho
25-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Can we give them a Liverpool style hostile welcome when they arrive? Smoke bombs and flares please.

25-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Can we give them a Liverpool style hostile welcome when they arrive? Smoke bombs and flares please.

Suspect anything "fire" related may be inappropriate.

archiebald
25-07-2018, 11:39 AM
I hope they fare better than the Molmö fans who went to JPs on York Place, one of the group of Swedish owned bars in Edinburgh. They were told to bugger off by the Gothenburg supporting bar staff.

JPs on Elm Row

Franck Stanton
25-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Find out where the team are staying and get along there to sing/ make a noise so they don't get any sleep and are knackered for the game. Simples.