PDA

View Full Version : Charter Flight?

Pages : [1] 2

HibeeMassive
24-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Been holding off booking flights for next week until we seen what the deal was with the official club charter. Can't believe it's still not been announced yet..?!
I know there's to be two deals, one with hotel and one without, but is anyone else holding off to see how much the club packages are before booking?

We've got two alternate routes in mind and the prices are reasonable, but most of my mates would rather go direct. Could be a last minute dash for flights and accommodation at this rate...

Cannie wait though :party:

Gorebridge Hibb
24-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Been holding off booking flights for next week until we seen what the deal was with the official club charter. Can't believe it's still not been announced yet..?!
I know there's to be two deals, one with hotel and one without, but is anyone else holding off to see how much the club packages are before booking?

We've got two alternate routes in mind and the prices are reasonable, but most of my mates would rather go direct. Could be a last minute dash for flights and accommodation at this rate...

Cannie wait though :party:

E mailed the agent last night and she’s still waiting to hear back from Hibs....

MacBean
24-07-2018, 04:13 PM
haven't seen anything, but I used kiwi.com for my flights. good options and have a "lay over guarantee" where if you're first flight is delayed, or your connecting flight is cancelled they guarantee to get you to destination/home without any extra cost.

Return routes on there vary between £310-£390 depending on how long you want to travel for.

I'm Edinburgh - Cephalonia (Jet2), Cephalonia - Athens (Olympic Air) , then Athens-Poznan-Edinburgh(both Ryanair) . Think theres a couple of us on the Cephalonia-Athens flight, as a connection from Manchester and Edinburgh. Worth looking at

CapitalGreen
24-07-2018, 04:13 PM
E mailed the agent last night and she’s still waiting to hear back from Hibs....

Maybe Hibs waiting to see how many seats they’ll need to keep free for new players 👀

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Maybe Hibs waiting to see how many seats they’ll need to keep free for new players 👀

:top marks

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2018, 04:30 PM
haven't seen anything, but I used kiwi.com for my flights. good options and have a "lay over guarantee" where if you're first flight is delayed, or your connecting flight is cancelled they guarantee to get you to destination/home without any extra cost.

Return routes on there vary between £310-£390 depending on how long you want to travel for.

I'm Edinburgh - Cephalonia (Jet2), Cephalonia - Athens (Olympic Air) , then Athens-Poznan-Edinburgh(both Ryanair) . Think theres a couple of us on the Cephalonia-Athens flight, as a connection from Manchester and Edinburgh. Worth looking at

Own up.... who else misread that bit?

:greengrin

24-07-2018, 04:33 PM
I’m waiting on the charter too. Hope it’s announced soon.

Hibs90
24-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Hibs maybe waiting to see what the situation is in Greece with the fires.

PatHead
24-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Understand that Hibs were waiting on confirmation as to the size of the plane so they knew how many seats were available.

Gorebridge Hibb
24-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Understand that Hibs were waiting on confirmation as to the size of the plane so they knew how many seats were available.

Details released tomorrow....

Is It On....
24-07-2018, 07:34 PM
There is a new airline called Cobalt Aero (old Air Cyprus that went bust and is now owned by Russians) that sometimes has good deals from London to Athens. Not perfect but maybe an alternative.

Albanian Hibs
24-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Details released tomorrow....

Heard rumours they were holding off with details due to situation in Greece??

Hermit Crab
24-07-2018, 08:06 PM

It won't be cheaper than our journeys thats for sure. :greengrin

bigwheel
24-07-2018, 08:06 PM

from where/who?

Hermit Crab
24-07-2018, 08:09 PM
from where/who?

To be fair there could be something in that. No source, it just makes sense.

Albanian Hibs
24-07-2018, 08:14 PM
from where/who?

Rumour was from a pal who spoke to the daughter of Willie McEwan today. Maybe nothing in it but I guess we will find out soon.

25-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Hibs just tweeted that details will be released today re the charter flight.

Albanian Hibs
25-07-2018, 11:47 AM

Thats good to hear

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 01:29 PM

They're taking their time. There's a bit to do to get organised if I'm going to make this one.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 01:35 PM
They're taking their time. There's a bit to do to get organised if I'm going to make this one.

I can see this being £800+. :shocked:

Heckys Wheel
25-07-2018, 01:37 PM

I’ve made the decision to book on the charter but wouldn’t mind getting some firm details so I can organize my week. Presuming the details will be out before 5pm?

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 02:02 PM

So you've said. In fact its maybe come down a ton since the last time.
Luckily its not about money.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 02:06 PM
I’ve made the decision to book on the charter but wouldn’t mind getting some firm details so I can organize my week. Presuming the details will be out before 5pm?

I got an email like I suppose the other films on the Faroes charter did, on Sunday, to say that two packages were being looked at. With or without accommodation.
Then another text yesterday to say something out today.
As yet, no details, no flight times, no costs. Wee bit crap in my humblest.

Heckys Wheel
25-07-2018, 02:14 PM
I got an email like I suppose the other films on the Faroes charter did, on Sunday, to say that two packages were being looked at. With or without accommodation.
Then another text yesterday to say something out today.
As yet, no details, no flight times, no costs. Wee bit crap in my humblest.

Assuming it’s going to be Wednesday to Friday?

Some timings would definitely be welcome. Happy to pay more for less hassle but it’s getting pretty close now.

HibeeMassive
25-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Assuming it’s going to be Wednesday to Friday?

Some timings would definitely be welcome. Happy to pay more for less hassle but it’s getting pretty close now.

I think it'll be Tues - Thurs to be honest, straight home after the game. HSL said the prize draw was for two nights, and I can't see us staying into the Friday when we have a game on Sunday.

Heckys Wheel
25-07-2018, 02:21 PM
I think it'll be Tues - Thurs to be honest, straight home after the game. HSL said the prize draw was for two nights, and I can't see us staying into the Friday when we have a game on Sunday.

Given the later kick off I thought it was more likely to stay the Thursday night and fly back Friday morning.

SteveHFC
25-07-2018, 02:27 PM

It is.

oldbutdim
25-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Given the later kick off I thought it was more likely to stay the Thursday night and fly back Friday morning.

Out Tuesday first think, back early hours of Friday.

Info now out.

SteveHFC
25-07-2018, 02:31 PM
Out Tuesday first think, back early hours of Friday.

Info now out.

The pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 02:32 PM
The pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

Where are the prices? :dunno:

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 02:33 PM

You're not far away on the flight only........

SteveHFC
25-07-2018, 02:34 PM

Flight only and transfers to and from the match: £725 per person

Include overnight stay (two nights) with two sharing a twin/double room: £875 per person

Include overnight stay (two nights) for one person with single room: £910

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 02:35 PM

Include overnight stay (two nights) with two sharing a twin/double room: £875 per person

:aok:

Since90+2
25-07-2018, 02:35 PM

Roughly what I expected it would be to be honest.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 02:36 PM

Just seen Steves post and wow. Thats incredibly expensive. Can't see too many being able to take that option.

SteveHFC
25-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Just seen Steves post and wow. Thats incredibly expensive. Can't see too many being able to take that option.

Could get a few days away in New York for cheaper than that.

Hibee87
25-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Might be a stupid question but if you get the charter does this include or guarantee you a ticket for the match as well?

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 02:41 PM
Might be a stupid question but if you get the charter does this include or guarantee you a ticket for the match as well?

No. Each sold separately :greengrin

BullsCloseHibs
25-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Just, wow!

Could get to New Zealand for that.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Just, wow!

In line with what I would have expected tbh.

MB62
25-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Just, wow!

I have booked return flights to Australia next year for only £15 more

Heckys Wheel
25-07-2018, 02:56 PM
In line with what I would have expected tbh.

Yeah that’s about what I expected to be honest.

Assuming it’s flying into Kalamatta? Cutting out the trek down from Athens makes it worthwhile for me.

Albanian Hibs
25-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Thats nearly 4 times the price I paid !!!

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Only if your an AST holder 😕

green&left
25-07-2018, 03:11 PM

The flight only option isn't too expensive when compared to other options at this time. My EasyJet flight (Tues to Sat) was just under 700 quid return last time I checked...

HibeeMassive
25-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure Brondby was about the £700 mark? So tbh, it's more or less what I was expecting.

It's steep, no doubt about it, but as the club don't have the convenience of a fleet of planes regularly flying around the world, I don't think you can compare to scheduled airline costs. Would be interesting to compare it to other football club charters though..

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Pretty sure Brondby was about the £700 mark? So tbh, it's more or less what I was expecting.

It's steep, no doubt about it, but as the club don't have the convenience of a fleet of planes regularly flying around the world, I don't think you can compare to scheduled airline costs. Would be interesting to compare it to other football club charters though..

November last year I paid £280 for a day trip to Napoli to see Man City in the Champions League, that was with Thomas Cook Sports.

That included transfers from the airport to the pubs in the port area, then from the port area to the ground then from the ground right back to the airport.

Gorebridge Hibb
25-07-2018, 03:36 PM
The flight only option isn't too expensive when compared to other options at this time. My EasyJet flight (Tues to Sat) was just under 700 quid return last time I checked...

It is pricey but it's a direct flight and the hotels will be decent. Plus transfers from the airport to Kalamata and from Kalamata to the stadium and back to Kalamata are also included. its 50 miles from Kalamata to Tripoli. My Dad is in his late 70s so this makes it easier for us as two, three flights each way and a bus journey down from Athens is a no go. Looking forward to it as Kalamata looks lovely. Beaches and harbour and loads of bars and restaurants.

lucky
25-07-2018, 03:39 PM
It’s priced ok, direct flights to and from Edinburgh and the accommodation is only £75 a night. But official charters flying with the team are not aimed at the ordinary working class fan. If you can afford it and want to travel with the team it’s available if not spend your hard earned getting planes, trains and automobiles to get to the game

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 03:46 PM
It’s priced ok, direct flights to and from Edinburgh and the accommodation is only £75 a night. But official charters flying with the team are not aimed at the ordinary working class fan. If you can afford it and want to travel with the team it’s available if not spend your hard earned getting planes, trains and automobiles to get to the game

Patronising bollox. The Faroes flight was full of largely ordinary working class fans.

Devonhibs
25-07-2018, 03:48 PM
And this is, judging by previous posts, is where many fans have nostalgic memories of crazy trips, shenanigans and much hilarity.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:11 PM

Well they should be because thats what makes up the majority of the clubs support.

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Yes it’s a lot of money, but the real cost is the plane will be flying empty 2 ways, dependent on where it’s coming from, so will be a big cost of the overall price of hiring it!

It’s quite a decent length of time to be away, getting 3 full days and transfers. That’s if you can afford it though

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Yes it’s a lot of money, but the real cost is the plane will be flying empty 2 ways, dependent on where it’s coming from, so will be a big cost of the overall price of hiring it!

It’s quite a decent length of time to be away, getting 3 full days and transfers. That’s if you can afford it though

You'll be on it then eh. :greengrin

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 04:20 PM

rubbish, im an ordinary working class fan and if could get the time off id happily pay it

CapitalGreen
25-07-2018, 04:28 PM

Add in that it is potentially going to be sitting on the tarmac in Greece for 3 days as unlikely to be booked for any other jobs at this short notice.

Gorebridge Hibb
25-07-2018, 04:28 PM
rubbish, im an ordinary working class fan and if could get the time off id happily pay it

Totally agree. I'm an ordinary guy who is taking an opportunity to follow my team in Europe. And to do it with my Dad. These opportunities come around rarely these days so will grasp the chance.

The Faroe Islands flight was full of ordinary guys and the chat and banter was different class.

staunchhibby
25-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Surprised nothing on the official site

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 04:33 PM

There is
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8994

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 04:33 PM

there is

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2018, 05:35 PM
A bit surprised at the cost involved, but going to go on it anyway (And no, I am not minted):greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 05:39 PM
A bit surprised at the cost involved, but going to go on it anyway (And no, I am not minted):greengrin

You’re minted, can’t hide cash

green day
25-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Hibs have just responded (to someone I "think" :greengrin posts on here") on twitter that the flight cost to them is £900 a head - so they are not profiteering from these charters.

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2018, 05:50 PM
You’re minted, can’t hide cash

OK then:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Hibs have just responded (to someone I "think" :greengrin posts on here") on twitter that the flight cost to them is £900 a head - so they are not profiteering from these charters.

Good of them to clarify

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Hibs have just responded (to someone I "think" :greengrin posts on here") on twitter that the flight cost to them is £900 a head - so they are not profiteering from these charters.Doesn't surprise me. Anything they get from fans is just a contribution to the cost.

So ...If there are 100 on board, that's 90k. Add in accommodation costs, and that's a big bite into the UEFA money.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Who was it😜

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 06:04 PM
Costs about £8000-£10000 per flying hour to charter a mid to large cabin jet. 4hr plus flight to Greece plus extras for parking it and its crew up for 2 days, catering and passenger transport taxes so cost would ramp up to close to £100k for a 85-120 seater. Cheap at half the price😉😉

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Costs about £8000-£10000 per flying hour to charter a mid to large cabin jet. 4hr plus flight to Greece plus extras for parking it and its crew up for 2 days, catering and passenger transport taxes so cost would ramp up to close to £100k for a 85-120 seater. Cheap at half the price😉😉

Hibs just got €220,000 or there abouts for qualifying...

Geo_1875
25-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Hibs just got €220,000 or there abouts for qualifying...

Exactly. It's outrageous that they won't use this money to subsidise flights for fans.

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Exactly. It's outrageous that they won't use this money to subsidise flights for fans.And, if the figures are to be believed, they are [emoji16]

I actually think that the "cost to Hibs" of £900 might be inclusive of VAT. In other words, the net cost will be £750. So charging the fans £720 is more or less cost price.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 06:21 PM
I'm pissed off at the time it took to get the deal out not what it's costing. I wasn't expecting cheap. I did expect to know on Monday though.

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Exactly. It's outrageous that they won't use this money to subsidise flights for fans.

Why should they subsidise the fans when any profits from our Euro campaign needs to be reinvested in the playing squad. Some folk need to get real.

bigwheel
25-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Why ?? ...it’s not Hibs role to part pay the travel

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 06:46 PM
I'm pissed off at the time it took to get the deal out not what it's costing. I wasn't expecting cheap. I did expect to know on Monday though.

They hadnt finalised their own travel arrangement on Monday but yeah outragous you should have to exercise patience.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 06:56 PM
They hadnt finalised their own travel arrangement on Monday but yeah outragous you should have to exercise patience.

Hold on, fans need to know asap because if the charter is not a viable option then they have to book other ways of getting there. Hibs have known since Thursday about this, it could have been organised and announced long before 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon, 8 days before the match!

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Hold on, fans need to know asap because if the charter is not a viable option then they have to book other ways of getting there. Hibs have known since Thursday about this, it could have been organised and announced long before 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon, 8 days before the match!I'm taking a wild punt here, but any delay wouldn't necessarily be down to the club. At short notice, we're asking airlines to source a plane that will be available to us for 3 full days.

Once that's done, the bonds and insurances have to be organised as well.

I have little doubt that the club would have started the process after the first leg. However, they couldn't push the button until Friday morning. That gave everyone 3 full business days to sort all of the above.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Hold on, fans need to know asap because if the charter is not a viable option then they have to book other ways of getting there. Hibs have known since Thursday about this, it could have been organised and announced long before 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon, 8 days before the match!

you know the ins and outs of chartering a plane?

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Facts.

The travel agent (who is good by the way) emailed all those on the Faroes charter on Sunday to say details would be released by the club on Monday. No reason to doubt this, same organisation as the Faroes charter which like me, I'm sure you enjoyed?

Wednesday tea time to announce it is a stretch from this I reckon.

I'm as patient as the next man and I'm only pissed off not outraged ya dullard but things need organised like days off, Euros, the Mrs and that.

Now away and get tae.

Since90+2
25-07-2018, 07:08 PM

It's that easy to organise a charter plane, confirm landing
slots and clarify any potential difficulties in Greece due to the tragedy is it? We have pretty smart people running our club , im sure they have more of an idea of what's possible or not than yourself.

Since90+2
25-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Facts.

The travel agent (who is good by the way) emailed all those on the Faroes charter on Sunday to say details would be released by the club on Monday. No reason to doubt this, same organisation as the Faroes charter which like me, I'm sure you enjoyed?

I'm as patient as the next man and I'm only pissed off not outraged ya dullard but things need organised like days off, Euros, the Mrs and that.

Now away and get tae.

There is a good chance that what has happened in Greece meant there was a delay in confirming the details. The club will have got the information out as quickly as they possibly could , its in their interest financially to do so.

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 07:20 PM

My understanding is that the team originally intended flying out on Wednesday morning and returning directly after the game but those plans had to be changed on Monday. Getting 8 days notice of a private charter at the height of the holiday season when tour organisers are provisionally booking up all available aircraft and crews as contingent cover for impact of planned industrial action seems pretty good given the type of aircraft you would need.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Facts.

Now away and get tae.

i doubt the club would intentionally leave it late to let fans know, i dont think LD operates this way so there probably is a valid reason why it wasnt announced until today

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:23 PM
There is a good chance that what has happened in Greece meant there was a delay in confirming the details. The club will have got the information out as quickly as they possibly could , its in their interest financially to do so.

All true and I'm not indulging in a rammy as there as many travel agents on this thread as there are players agents on the transfer thread.

Those on the Faroes flight were asked to note an interest in Greece if they had one. Those that did will have got the same email as I did on Sunday.
I think it's fair to expect that to have been followed up by news on Monday as stated, not 48hrs later.

No news in my case wasn't good news.

So I've had to sort something else out and take the workers route at pretty late notice and I'm a wee bit pissed off.
Sorry Hibs. Still love yiz though.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:26 PM
All true and I'm not indulging in a rammy as there as many travel agents on this thread as there are players agents on the transfer thread.

Those on the Faroes flight were asked to note an interest in Greece if they had one. Those that did will have got the same email as I did on Sunday.
I think it's fair to expect that to have been followed up by news on Monday as stated, not 48hrs later.

So I've had to sort something else out and take the workers route at pretty late notice and I'm a wee bit pissed off.

out of interest when were you going to start lookong at other options if you had been expecting to hear something on monday? surely if you needed to know by monday and hadnt then you would have something sorted monday night/tuesday morning

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Facts.

Now away and get tae.

With that kind of attitude you wont get tae anywhere.😙😙😙

Since90+2
25-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Perhaps the plan was to send the details on Monday and then tragedy struck in Greece and the club were unsure how it would impact the travel plans. They are not going to sit about twiddling their thumbs if they could have published the details before today. I can see how it's frustrating but I don't think we can blame Hibs without actually knowing what's went on.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:27 PM
out of interest when were you going to start lookong at other options if you had been expecting to hear something on monday? surely if you needed to know by monday and hadnt then you would have something sorted monday night/tuesday morning

Surely. Silly me.

I'm off to bed now.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Surely. Silly me.

I'm off to bed now.

why act like an erse? you mentioned that you were expecting to know by monday, its now wednesday but you hadnt sorted anything so looks like you were happy to wait on hibs to announce it

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Perhaps the plan was to send the details on Monday and then tragedy struck in Greece and the club were unsure how it would impact the travel plans. They are not going to sit about twiddling their thumbs if they could have published the details before today. I can see how it's frustrating but I don't think we can blame Hibs without actually knowing what's went on.

Ah man, I'm not blaming Hibs or the nightmares in Greece, I'm just a wee bit pissed off like I said.
Wee example - what I'm doing now means two days away from work.
Hibs option would've meant four days off. Big difference. Until I seen the flight times I wouldn't have known this.
That will maybe partly answer the other fellahs but-surely type question.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:36 PM
why act like an erse? you mentioned that you were expecting to know by monday, its now wednesday but you hadnt sorted anything so looks like you were happy to wait on hibs to announce it

You should do the easy thing and switch me to ignore before we fall out.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:37 PM
You should do the easy thing and switch me to ignore before we fall out.

fall out!! aye ok!!

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:40 PM
My understanding is that the team originally intended flying out on Wednesday morning and returning directly after the game but those plans had to be changed on Monday. Getting 8 days notice of a private charter at the height of the holiday season when tour organisers are provisionally booking up all available aircraft and crews as contingent cover for impact of planned industrial action seems pretty good given the type of aircraft you would need.

See that bit in bold LibbyHibby? That's the crux for me. Making plans and all that.

Good luck to those on the Charter by the way.

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 07:40 PM
fall out!! aye ok!!

I have a feeling some on here may need to consult this site

http://www.kystressmanagement.co.uk/home

😉😉😉😉

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:41 PM

😉😉😉😉

😁

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:42 PM
fall out!! aye ok!!

Ach am I going to have to ignore you instead?

Iggy Pope
25-07-2018, 07:43 PM

😉😉😉😉

****in links no working!!!!, Drives me bananas that so it does.

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Ach am I going to have to ignore you instead?

fire in

hibbyfraelibby
25-07-2018, 07:46 PM
****in links no working!!!!, Drives me bananas that so it does.

🤣🤣🤣

james62
25-07-2018, 08:17 PM
You can't fault Hibs for this one. I used to work closely the charter department in an airline and when the Champions League/Europa League qualifying draws are made, within minutes they would be swamped with phone calls and emails from charter brokers looking to charter aircraft for teams all over Europe to get to their away ties. Throw in the fact it's the height of summer and airlines don't just have aircraft and crew sitting around doing nothing and it's easy to see why it takes so long to organise and costs so much.

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2018, 08:22 PM
You can't fault Hibs for this one. I used to work closely the charter department in an airline and when the Champions League/Europa League qualifying draws are made, within minutes they would be swamped with phone calls and emails from charter brokers looking to charter aircraft for teams all over Europe to get to their away ties. Throw in the fact it's the height of summer and airlines don't just have aircraft and crew sitting around doing nothing and it's easy to see why it takes so long to organise and costs so much.

It's certainly not a tournie for the fans, in terms of travel arrangements

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Did the fans who missed the Runavik game due to flight issues get put on this charter for nothing or a reduced cost?

Brooster
25-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Some folk like a good old moan eh. Hibs are doing their best here yet some folk cant but take a pop.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Some folk like a good old moan eh. Hibs are doing their best here yet some folk cant but take a pop.

If you think this thread is full of moans then don't open the Scott Allan or the summer transfer threads.

hibsboy69
25-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Not read the whole thread, but the Charter Flight seems like a decent deal if you ask me :-

Direct flight there and back
2 nights stay in a hotel (bed & breakfast)
Transport to and from the game

£875 each if two people go or £910 if you go on your own.

Tempted !

Well done to the club for pulling this together :thumbsup:

Radge70
25-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Why ?? ...it’s not Hibs role to part pay the travel

Hibs have a fixture in Greece that they are obliged to fulfil so in actual fact what is happening here is that they are asking the fans to "part pay" their travel. It's a bit like car sharing in the workplace. You need to go to work. You have a car and there's a colleague who doesn't. The colleague would rather get driven straight to work than spend loads of time on buses and trains. You wouldn't say no to a bit of help with the cost of running the car. You both benefit. So all that's left to do is agree the price. Do you charge them the full cost of running the car or do you just take half the petrol money off them? Guess it depends on how much you like them...........

oldbutdim
25-07-2018, 10:59 PM
I'm in.

:aok:

HelmutSchlong
26-07-2018, 06:12 AM
Did the fans who missed the Runavik game due to flight issues get put on this charter for nothing or a reduced cost?

Why would they get put on the charter for nothing? It’s not the clubs fault the airlines aircraft wasn’t fit for the adverse weather conditions. That’s a matter for the Airline and insurers to deal with

The fans should get a free day at hospitality or something of the like

Future17
26-07-2018, 06:25 AM

No.

Not In The Know
26-07-2018, 06:52 AM
An official tweet from Hibs says the actual cost per head on the flight is £900. So they are taking a hit.

Quit moaning.

MacBean
26-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Not read the whole thread, but the Charter Flight seems like a decent deal if you ask me :-

Direct flight there and back
2 nights stay in a hotel (bed & breakfast)
Transport to and from the game

£875 each if two people go or £910 if you go on your own.

Tempted !

Well done to the club for pulling this together :thumbsup:

other than 1.5 hours lay over each way (travel time 6 hours e/w) I've got the exact same package (including the bus to and from game) for less than half of that.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2018, 08:47 AM
other than 1.5 hours lay over each way (travel time 6 hours e/w) I've got the exact same package (including the bus to and from game) for less than half of that.As has been said, your planes will be arriving to you full. They'll be leaving full after you get off. They won't be sitting on the tarmac while you're at the game.

That's the environment the club are in, unfortunately.

SlickShoes
26-07-2018, 08:47 AM
other than 1.5 hours lay over each way (travel time 6 hours e/w) I've got the exact same package (including the bus to and from game) for less than half of that.

So not the same at all because it's not a direct flight.

Should hibs have just split the squad and staff up on multiple easyjet flights at terrible times with long transfers?

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 12:42 PM
As an aside, noticed there’s a flight to Athens tonight at 11.55pm, wonder if Tripolas are going back by a scheduled airline rather than a charter.
There’s a possibility they came in this way on Tuesday morning too, potentially saving a lot of money

Hermit Crab
26-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Why would they get put on the charter for nothing? It’s not the clubs fault the airlines aircraft wasn’t fit for the adverse weather conditions. That’s a matter for the Airline and insurers to deal with

The fans should get a free day at hospitality or something of the like

LD asked those who were caught up in the cancelled flight landing to contact her and she would sort something out for them.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2018, 12:56 PM
As an aside, noticed there’s a flight to Athens tonight at 11.55pm, wonder if Tripolas are going back by a scheduled airline rather than a charter.
There’s a possibility they came in this way on Tuesday morning too, potentially saving a lot of money

Would be cutting it fine to get showered, changed then out to the airport, check bags in and the team, get through security in time for the gate closing.

26-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Booked up for this - looking forward to it

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Would be cutting it fine to get showered, changed then out to the airport, check bags in and the team, get through security in time for the gate closing.

I’m sure if they’ve got 30/35 people on the plane, won’t be going anywhere without them
Anyway maybe rubbish, but would have tied in quite nicely for them

Blaster
26-07-2018, 01:12 PM

I believe they are on this flight

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Jammy sods. Play in Edinburgh and get a flight later that evening. Possibly came in on the late one on last Monday night too!

Worked out well for them, but these flights wouldn’t have suited Hibs unfortunately, or would have saved the club a fortune on chartering a plane

Hermit Crab
26-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Be interesting to see if it takes off on time.

johnbc70
26-07-2018, 01:44 PM

That's surely there charter flight?

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 01:49 PM
That's surely there charter flight?

It’s not, it’s scheduled, goes next week and week after etc, Monday and Thursday
They’ve just got lucky this round

Any Hibs fans can use it going out next Monday night, but it’s £234 pp

johnbc70
26-07-2018, 02:26 PM
It’s not, it’s scheduled, goes next week and week after etc, Monday and Thursday
They’ve just got lucky this round

Any Hibs fans can use it going out next Monday night, but it’s £234 pp

As you then massive stroke of luck, just the time looked strange as the previous flight leaves Edinburgh 2 hours before but yes I see its every week. Shame it was on a Thursday evening for our travelling fans.

HelmutSchlong
26-07-2018, 02:31 PM
LD asked those who were caught up in the cancelled flight landing to contact her and she would sort something out for them.

For the home match she said

Billy Whizz
26-07-2018, 02:45 PM
As you then massive stroke of luck, just the time looked strange as the previous flight leaves Edinburgh 2 hours before but yes I see its every week. Shame it was on a Thursday evening for our travelling fans.

It is a shame for the fans, if it was the Friday coming back, would have fitted in nicely for them

HibbyAl
26-07-2018, 04:18 PM
I’m sure if they’ve got 30/35 people on the plane, won’t be going anywhere without them
Anyway maybe rubbish, but would have tied in quite nicely for them

If it's a scheduled flight it certainly would leave even if 30/35 people don't turn up. Delayed flights cost airlines lots of money. And it's probably the last flight out of Edinburgh.

Gorebridge Hibb
27-07-2018, 08:44 PM
If it's a scheduled flight it certainly would leave even if 30/35 people don't turn up. Delayed flights cost airlines lots of money. And it's probably the last flight out of Edinburgh.

For our charter next Tuesday has anyone had anything from Heather re hotel details, joining instructions at Edinburgh Airport etc?

27-07-2018, 08:47 PM
For our charter next Tuesday has anyone had anything from Heather re hotel details, joining instructions at Edinburgh Airport etc?

We got details today

Iggy Pope
27-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Phone her mate. She will respond.

Gorebridge Hibb
27-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Phone her mate. She will respond.

Transferred money today and she said something would be sent out this afternoon. Never received anything

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Why would they?

It had nothing to do with the club and they all should have been refunded their air fares.

PatHead
27-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Why would they?

It had nothing to do with the club and they all should have been refunded their air fares.

Not sure they will get their fares refunded. I understand weather is an exclusion. Hope they do though.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Not sure they will get their fares refunded. I understand weather is an exclusion. Hope they do though.

The airline are obliged to refund their fares.

Other expenses are covered by insurance.

I think.

PatHead
28-07-2018, 09:04 AM
The airline are obliged to refund their fares.

Other expenses are covered by insurance.

I think.

Not necessarily. It may be covered by extraordinary circumstances exemption which means the airline do not have to pay out. Passenger safely and the weather are included under these rules. Hope they do get paid out but I wouldn’t be spending the money yet.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Not necessarily. It may be covered by extraordinary circumstances exemption which means the airline do not have to pay out. Passenger safely and the weather are included under these rules. Hope they do get paid out but I wouldn’t be spending the money yet.

My understanding is that under EU law, if a flight is cancelled because of the weather, passengers are entitled to a refund. The delay has to be more than 5 hours. Compensation is not paid, however.

Extraordinary circumstances exceptions apply to the compensation, not the fare refund.

I think. 😁

Gorebridge Hibb
28-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Transferred money today and she said something would be sent out this afternoon. Never received anything

All sorted.

ano hibby
28-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Anyone know how many charter seats were made available to fans & whether it sold out?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Anyone know how many charter seats were made available to fans & whether it sold out?

Best emailing the club about that one.

ano hibby
28-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Best emailing the club about that one.

Aye was just curious really. Can’t make this one but if we get through may be able to make next one

Ringothedog
28-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Aye was just curious really. Can’t make this one but if we get through may be able to make next one

There were 70 seats available for us to the Faroes, I would guess something similar for this game

hibeerealist
28-07-2018, 03:44 PM
All sorted.

Which hotel for those on the charter, there ain’t many hotels in Tripolis?

Gorebridge Hibb
28-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Which hotel for those on the charter, there ain’t many hotels in Tripolis?

Mainalon Resort for me and my Dad.

oldbutdim
30-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Those travelling on the Charter should check with the travel agent if they haven't already been in touch.

Flight out has been changed.

Colr
30-07-2018, 10:41 AM
For those flying with the club's charter flight tomorrow, please check your email for an important flight update.

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 11:53 AM
For those flying with the club's charter flight tomorrow, please check your email for an important flight update.

Yip, now leaving at noon and arriving at Kalamata at 18OO.

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Yip, now leaving at noon and arriving at Kalamata at 18OO.

It’s been cancelled

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2018, 06:14 PM
It’s been cancelled

Why??

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Why??

Crew illness apparently. Team and officials sorted for a smallish aircraft. Gutted, paid for my airport parking and got leave organised after a battle with my manager. Not Hibs fault, trying to get there some other way

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Crew illness apparently. Team and officials sorted for a smallish aircraft. Gutted, paid for my airport parking and got leave organised after a battle with my manager. Not Hibs fault, trying to get there some other way

Jeez that’s tough luck that!! Hope you can get an alternative sorted

Hermit Crab
30-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Just phoned my mate who was booked on it. It's true, cancelled due to crew illness and the fans have been bumped off it.

H18 SFR
30-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Momondo is a good search engine for late flights out. Good luck to everyone.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 06:34 PM
That's a real bummer.

Jet2 from Leeds 1 to 4 August are down to £181.

Kojock
30-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Just phoned my mate who was booked on it. It's true, cancelled due to crew illness and the fans have been bumped off it.

Don’t know if I’m being thick but how does crew illness stop an extra 70 or so people from flying. Have Hibs cancelled the original charter and now have a smaller aeroplane.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Don’t know if I’m being thick but how does crew illness stop an extra 70 or so people from flying. Have Hibs cancelled the original charter and now have a smaller aeroplane.

Yes, the airline did.

Kojock
30-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Yes, the airline did.

Cheers, seems a pretty lame excuse from the charter company. Gutted for those who have been let down.

30-07-2018, 06:57 PM
This seems odd. Gutted now.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Don’t know if I’m being thick but how does crew illness stop an extra 70 or so people from flying. Have Hibs cancelled the original charter and now have a smaller aeroplane.Less crew will be needed for the smaller plane.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Crew illness or the financial hit the club were saying they were expected to make was larger than they first thought?

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Crew illness or the financial hit the club were saying they were expected to make was larger than they first thought?

The smaller plane with no fans to share the hire will cost Hibs more.

30-07-2018, 07:05 PM

This is my thought. They couldn’t fill the seats so scrapped it. Poor stuff.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Thats terrible news for those being bumped.

Allant1981
30-07-2018, 07:08 PM

i doubt that very much

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:09 PM
The plus side of this if the bumped fans do d code to still make their own way to Athens then they’ll save themselves a few quid

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:10 PM
The smaller plane with no fans to share the hire will cost Hibs more.I'd hope that it doesn't.

If there is a contract with the airline for an x-seater at £y, they shouldn't have to pay the same price for a smaller plane.

i doubt that very much

Why?

Kojock
Less crew will be needed for the smaller plane.

Surely it takes the same amount of cockpit crew to fly a big or a small plane. As I said there must be a cockpit crew/cabin crew bank to draw resources from.

Allant1981
30-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Why?

because our club arent run that way thats why

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Total shambles

Since90+2
30-07-2018, 07:13 PM

Doubt it. I don't think Hibs could just phone up an airline 24 hours before a flight and say "we've changed our mind , don't want that size of plane anymore but cheers anyway " without substantial cancellation fees and on top of that they'd still have to pay for another plane and crew. Why do people always think the club are at it?

Allant1981
30-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Doubt it. I don't think Hibs could just phone up an airline 24 hours before a flight and say "we've changed our mind , don't want the plane anymore but cheers anyway " without substantial cancellation fees and on top of that they'd still have to pay for another plane and crew. Why do people always think the club are at it?

it gives folk something else to complain about, hope the fans who were booked get something sorted this late

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Doubt it. I don't think Hibs could just phone up an airline 24 hours before a flight and say "we've changed our mind , don't want that size of plane anymore but cheers anyway " without substantial cancellation fees and on top of that they'd still have to pay for another plane and crew. Why do people always think the club are at it?

:agree: Its tough on those who've booked, hope they manage to get there some other way.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Surely it takes the same amount of cockpit crew to fly a big or a small plane. As I said there must be a cockpit crew/cabin crew bank to draw resources from.At a busy time of year, I'd expect that "teams" of crews will mostly be booked up. Perhaps the original team was a few members down, and the only alternative was to use a smaller team.

I'm not buying into the notion that the Club have lied here, which seems to be the only other suggestion.

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Rubbish. There were 56 fans confirmed so was financially viable Travel agent, Heather, is gutted for us. Expect us to be compensated for car parking costs etc. This will come from Hibs so more of a financial hit.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:21 PM
The smaller plane with no fans to share the hire will cost Hibs more.

If the club has a contract in place with an airline and the airline have reneged on the deal then why would it cost Hibs more, if that’s the case then whoever was involved in negotiating the contract on behalf of the club should be held to account and face serious consequences. Considering Leanns background in the aviation industry though, I doubt this very much.

My suspicion still stands that the club got their sums wrong, overestimated what the uptake would be and are at it, the poor guys who were due to fly on the charter are the ones being bumped

30-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Rubbish. There were 56 fans confirmed so was financially viable Travel agent, Heather, is gutted for us. Expect us to be compensated for car parking costs etc. This will come from Hibs so more of a financial hit.

Fair enough. Did you phone her? I couldn’t get through.

Kojock
30-07-2018, 07:22 PM
it gives folk something else to complain about, hope the fans who were booked get something sorted this late

Agree, it’s obviously the airline who have cancelled. Totally outwith Hibs control. Hope the fans who have been let down can get something sorted. Problem is getting from Athens to Tripolis.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 07:26 PM
I'd hope that it doesn't.

If there is a contract with the airline for an x-seater at £y, they shouldn't have to pay the same price for a smaller plane.

I agree but I was thinking about economies of scale.

I would have thought that a bigger plane will be cheaper per head than a small one.

Kojock
30-07-2018, 07:26 PM
At a busy time of year, I'd expect that "teams" of crews will mostly be booked up. Perhaps the original team was a few members down, and the only alternative was to use a smaller team.

I'm not buying into the notion that the Club have lied here, which seems to be the only other suggestion.

Not for one minute am I suggesting the club have lied. The fault lies with the charter company. I’m sure if Hibs could’ve secured a similar sized aircraft they would’ve.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Not for one minute am I suggesting the club have lied. The fault lies with the charter company. I’m sure if Hibs could’ve secured a similar sized aircraft they would’ve.Sorry, I wasn't implying that you were.[emoji6]

It just seems that there are 2 opinions here. Those who believe the club, and those who don't.

A third suggestion, which is maybe what you are thinking, is that it's the airline who are at it.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:30 PM
I agree but I was thinking about economies of scale.

I would have thought that a bigger plane will be cheaper per head than a small one.Per head, but not in total.

Since90+2
30-07-2018, 07:33 PM
If the club has a contract in place with an airline and the airline have reneged on the deal then why would it cost Hibs more, if that’s the case then whoever was involved in negotiating the contract on behalf of the club should be held to account and face serious consequences. Considering Leanns background in the aviation industry though, I doubt this very much.

My suspicion still stands that the club got their sums wrong, overestimated what the uptake would be and are at it, the poor guys who were due to fly on the charter are the ones being bumped

If the club were "at it" they'd have cancelled it last week and not the day before, I'm pretty sure they'd have done their sums long before 24 hours prior to the flight. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest they are bumping anybody and wild accusations like this are not helpful to either the club or the fans who have been let down.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Per head, but not in total.

The big plane would have been subsidised by the fans on it.

Now, Hibs will have to pay the whole cost.

I've hired a car to get to the game. It's costing about £120, but there are 5 of us so the cost to me is £24.

I could get a smaller car for my mate and I for only £80, but the cost to me would be £40.

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Fair enough. Did you phone her? I couldn’t get through.

Spoke to her at 18:45. She was upset as some nutter gave her a hard time thinking it was her fault. There’s still people not aware as they are still messaging her saying they got the earlier e mail about the change in the take off time. Just tried to cancel my parking at Edinburgh Airport but no luck as it’s within 24 hours......

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:38 PM
The big plane would have been subsidised by the fans on it.

Now, Hibs will have to pay the whole cost.....which will be smaller and cheaper.

Hibs won't be out of pocket here. If the airline have moved the goalposts, LD will make sure of that.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:38 PM
If the club were "at it" they'd have cancelled it last week and not the day before, I'm pretty sure they'd have done their sums long before 24 hours prior to the flight. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest they are bumping anybody and wild accusations like this are not helpful to either the club or the fans who have been let down.

Ok then that’s your opinion which you are entitled to just as I am to mine

As for the smaller plane costing Hibs more due the airline being at fault then that suggestion is nonsensical but in the very unlikely event this is the case then my point still stands regarding the negotiation tactics and whoever was responsible should be held to account

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 07:39 PM
....which will be smaller and cheaper.

Hibs won't be out of pocket here. If the airline have moved the goalposts, LD will make sure of that.

I edited my post with an analogy.

Did you see it?

twiceinathens
30-07-2018, 07:41 PM
As someone who was due to travel on this flight I am gutted that I will not be there.

I have spoken to Heather Malcolm on the phone and she was obviously upset herself( or an Oscar rated actress)

But I certainly find the idea that the club deliberately "dumped" supporters for financial motives as ludicrous and suggest that uttering scathing unfounded accusations is unacceptable.

Since90+2
30-07-2018, 07:41 PM

As for the smaller plane costing Hibs more due the airline being at fault then that suggestion is nonsensical but in the very unlikely event this is the case then my point still stands regarding the negotiation tactics

Its no just an opinion though it is? You are accusing the club , and by default our CEO, of lying to some of our most dedicated supporters and spoiling a European trip for them. I think Leeann has earned abit more respect than that.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Its no just an opinion though it is? You are accusing the club , and by default our CEO, of lying to some of our most dedicated supporters and spoiling a European trip for them. I think Leeann has earned abit more respect than that.

Yeah, ok then

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 07:46 PM
The plus side of this if the bumped fans do d code to still make their own way to Athens then they’ll save themselves a few quid

How’s that? No decent alternatives to a direct flight plus hotel and transfers. We were due to be on our way in under 18 hours at time of cancellation.. trying for an alternative but my Dad is 78 so not going to put him through anything excessive travel wise.

West lower
30-07-2018, 07:46 PM

How do you think that conversation between Hibs and airline went ?

”Hi Hibs here. We want a smaller plane. By the way we are bumping our fans, but we are going to tell them it’s your fault coz you are all ill”
Airline : “Roger. Tally ho”.

Gutted for the people who are booked on this flight. Really hope they get alternatives sorted out, and are not out of pocket.

30-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Did anyone pay by credit card and, if so, was the cash taken?

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:50 PM
I edited my post with an analogy.

Did you see it?I just have.

I've no idea what the costs are here. But if Hibs are forced to take a plane that is 25% smaller, in theory the cost will be 25% less.

In the original plan, the costs were offset by the fans' contribution. That was at cost, hence the club only paid for "their" seats. Plan B has the club only paying for their seats.

Without seeing the actual numbers, we could argue about this all night..... But I have little doubt that LD will make sure that we're not losing out here.

Gorebridge Hibb
Did anyone pay by credit card and, if so, was the cash taken?

Credit card hadn’t been debited so only car parking costs to get refunded. By Hibs as they are the party that has defaulted apparently.

HelmutSchlong
How’s that? No decent alternatives to a direct flight plus hotel and transfers. We were due to be on our way in under 18 hours at time of cancellation.. trying for an alternative but my Dad is 78 so not going to put him through anything excessive travel wise.

A quick google search shows flights coming in at £400 return Tuesday to Friday, albeit via a stopover in Copenhagen but you have to ask yourself are you going on a tourist trip or to support the team in a crucial match?

Kojock
30-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Sorry, I wasn't implying that you were.[emoji6]

It just seems that there are 2 opinions here. Those who believe the club, and those who don't.

A third suggestion, which is maybe what you are thinking, is that it's the airline who are at it.

Why would Hibs cancel a flight less than 24 hrs before it was due to take off? as previously stated it would cost them a fortune in cancellation fees etc. IMO the charter company are at fault here not Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Yeah, ok thenWhat's the basis for your opinion that LD would screw over the fans in the way you suggest?

GloryGlory
30-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Why would Hibs cancel a flight less than 24 hrs before it was due to take off? as previously stated it would cost them a fortune in cancellation fees etc. IMO the charter company are at fault here not Hibs.

From the club statement, the charter was cancelled by the charter company, not the club.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 07:53 PM
What's the basis for your opinion that LD would screw over the fans in the way you suggest?

They miscalculated costs and underestimated the uptake. The club already confirmed that they were making a financial loss with this charter. If the club hadn’t said anything about them making a loss then minds wouldn’t be boggling. Simple as that

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 07:57 PM
They miscalculated costs and underestimated the uptake. The club already confirmed that they were making a financial loss with this charter. If the club hadn’t said anything about them making a loss then minds wouldn’t be boggling. Simple as that

The club didn't say that.

They said that they were selling the fans' seats at less than cost. There is a big difference.

Have you read LD's statement? If so, what evidence do you have that she is lying?

davhibby
30-07-2018, 07:58 PM

It's only you that seems to think this. You must be at it if you think the club would even be able to just get the plane changed a day before they fly easily and save money in the process.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2018, 08:00 PM

There is an official statement from the club, discounting everything you say. Theres no need for any minds boggling.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 08:02 PM
The club didn't say that.

They said that they were selling the fans' seats at less than cost. There is a big difference.

Have you read LD's statement? If so, what evidence do you have that she is lying?

The club was not making profit from the fans charter. The less than expected uptake then costs the club

Hibbyradge
30-07-2018, 08:02 PM
I just have.

I've no idea what the costs are here. But if Hibs are forced to take a plane that is 25% smaller, in theory the cost will be 25% less.

In the original plan, the costs were offset by the fans' contribution. That was at cost, hence the club only paid for "their" seats. Plan B has the club only paying for their seats.

Without seeing the actual numbers, we could argue about this all night..... But I have little doubt that LD will make sure that we're not losing out here.

You're right, there's no point in arguing, but the official statement suggests they sourced the smaller plane from a different airline.

Hibs will be paying more, imo, because there are no fans to subsidise the costs and the new aircraft was sourced at the last minute.

I wonder what would have happened if Hibs couldn't have found a replacement.

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 08:03 PM
To be honest I don’t why I’m bothered, I wasn’t on it or don’t know anyone who was as far as I know

I just think it’s a bit off

marinello59
30-07-2018, 08:04 PM
A quick google search shows flights coming in at £400 return Tuesday to Friday, albeit via a stopover in Copenhagen but you have to ask yourself are you going on a tourist trip or to support the team in a crucial match?

Geez. He has said his father is 78. Helmet.

CropleyWasGod
You're right, there's no point in arguing, but the official statement suggests they sourced the smaller plane from a different airline.

Hibs will be paying more, imo, because there are no fans to subsidise the costs and the new aircraft was sourced at the last minute.

I wonder what would have happened if Hibs couldn't have found a replacement.That last point crossed my mind, too.

Given the UEFA 24 hour rule, we could've been in real bother.

Under SPFL rules, we would've drawn the game and kept the aggregate score [emoji6]

stokesysonfire
Edinburgh - Luton tomorow night 20.55 for 40 quid, luton to Athens 6.10 Wednesday morning for 163 quid, return from athens 100 quid on Friday afternoon,
This is the way we are going, just a thought for others who are struggling now, checked all flights they are current prices

Kojock
30-07-2018, 08:05 PM
From LD
“I worked in the airline business, and this situation is extremely rare and came as a shock. We, alongside the charter supplier, exhausted all avenues trying to source suitable recovery aircraft, however we could not at such an incredibly late stage find one that allowed us to take fans with us.”

It obvious from the above who LD thinks is to blame.

Stuart93
30-07-2018, 08:05 PM
To be honest I don’t why I’m bothered, I wasn’t on it or don’t know anyone who was as far as I know

I just think it’s a bit off

Fud

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2018, 08:06 PM
The club was not making profit from the fans charter. The less than expected uptake then costs the clubSo...again.... LD is lying?

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 08:07 PM

Trying to get an alternative but nothing decent so far....

Fritz
30-07-2018, 08:08 PM

As for the smaller plane costing Hibs more due the airline being at fault then that suggestion is nonsensical but in the very unlikely event this is the case then my point still stands regarding the negotiation tactics and whoever was responsible should be held to account

What absolute garbage you post, you're clearly at it.

Albanian Hibs
30-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Trying to get an alternative but nothing decent so far....

My dad is flying out to geneva with easyjet, with a couple hrs layover then onto athens, tomorrow morning. Prices were still decent the other day.

Edit. Actually scrap that. One way edi to gen to aths coming in at around £360 now

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Trying to get an alternative but nothing decent so far....we were at the Faroes and my dad is celebrating 50 years of following Hibs in Europe so we are not tourists.......have paid out thousands of pounds following Hibs in Europe and this was about saving time and hassle.

Allant1981
30-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Trying to get an alternative but nothing decent so far....we were at the Faroes and my dad is celebrating 50 years of following Hibs in Europe so we are not tourists.......have paid out thousands of pounds following Hibs in Europe and this was about saving time and hassle.

he is best being ignored, he certainly has an appropriate user name

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Ok I’m a fud, helmet, troll, yam, bedwetter whatever!

Until I up my post count I’ll start to toe the line and I darent say anything controversial against the club

Edit to add that I am not a fan of the large majority of the proclaimers music and I don’t like tennis so didn’t bat an eyelid when Andy Murray won Wimbledon

danhibees1875
30-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Hope those affected can make alternative arrangements. That Leeds flight sounds like they'd also save a few quid in doing so, with some extra hassle.

Any concept that Hibs have in any way fabricated this story and are actually just trying to minimise costs at extreme inconvenience to some of their most loyal fans (not withstanding the offer to make amends with a special match day experience) is farfetched at best. Not a chance.

Heisenberg
30-07-2018, 08:13 PM

Until I up my post count I’ll start to toe the line and I darent say anything controversial against the club

What you’re saying makes no sense so people will obviously pull you up for it.

Stuart93
30-07-2018, 08:13 PM

It's nothing about toeing the line, it's about trying to cause controversy when it isn't there & fabricating things to suit your supposed agenda against the club.

You're blaming the club for this without any evidence to back up what you're saying.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Edit to add that I am not a fan of the large majority of the proclaimers music and I don’t like tennis so didn’t bat an eyelid when Andy Murray won Wimbledon

Yip, there's no argument here. :agree:

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Edinburgh - Luton tomorow night 20.55 for 40 quid, luton to Athens 6.10 Wednesday morning for 163 quid, return from athens 100 quid on Friday afternoon,
This is the way we are going, just a thought for others who are struggling now, checked all flights they are current prices

Cheers for that. Did you do it all individually or through Skyscanner or someone like that?

Gordy M
30-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Look at me.....look at me.....look at me.....jeez i hope you are about 8 years old.

cabbageandribs1875
30-07-2018, 08:16 PM
he is best being ignored, he certainly has an appropriate user name

and it still amazes me how on earth that username got past the admins, maybe they're not aware of what a schlong is in the urban dictionary :devil: even the first part of the username is a derivative of a part of the male anatomy :agree:

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Behave....

Just Alf
30-07-2018, 08:18 PM
As someone who was due to travel on this flight I am gutted that I will not be there.

I have spoken to Heather Malcolm on the phone and she was obviously upset herself( or an Oscar rated actress)

But I certainly find the idea that the club deliberately "dumped" supporters for financial motives as ludicrous and suggest that uttering scathing unfounded accusations is unacceptable.

I really, really feel for you, what a nightmare.

Re your last paragraph, I heard the dumped for financial reasons twice earlier.... Both times were yams spouting/gloating. I'll make up my own mind about which teams the others spouting it really support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oldbutdim
30-07-2018, 08:20 PM

I've given up.
The whole point of the Charter was to make it a relaxing trip, with only Adam Bogdan likely to cause me stress. Well, maybe Efe too.
I'll be back at my desk tomorrow and just have to make the best of it.

The Faroes trip will be my last of this season as far as Euro trips are concerned.

Off to unpack my wee case now.

stokesysonfire
30-07-2018, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Gorebridge Hibb;5486566]Cheers for that. Did you do it all individually or through Skyscanner or someone like that?[/QUOTE

Yeh mate just searched sky scanner and booked direct with easyjet for tomorrow nights flight and wizz air for the athens flight there and back, staying at the ibis at luton airport tomorrow aswell

Jonnyboy
30-07-2018, 08:25 PM

This in spades

Hiber-nation
30-07-2018, 08:25 PM

What was your previous user name again? You sound awfy familiar unfortunately.

ancient hibee
30-07-2018, 08:32 PM
I've given up.
The whole point of the Charter was to make it a relaxing trip, with only Adam Bogdan likely to cause me stress. Well, maybe Efe too.
I'll be back at my desk tomorrow and just have to make the best of it.

The Faroes trip will be my last of this season as far as Euro trips are concerned.

Off to unpack my wee case now.

Not going to the final then?

banchoryhibs
30-07-2018, 08:32 PM

You are most probably not any of the above but you are 100% wrong about it being the Club's fault that the flight has been cancelled.

I should have been on that flight - I've spoken with people within the Club and they are gutted that the flight was cancelled. They then had an enormous task to get the team out to Greece in time. The number of Club staff travelling has also been cut. Please don't just make things up and diss people when it's completely unfair and totally unwarranted.

I'm now flying to Vienna 06:40 tomorrow morning , staying over in Vienna then flying from Vienna to Kalamata 15:45 on Wednesday afternoon. My return flight is from Kalamata to Munich at 10:25 on Friday morning then Munich 21:50 to Edinburgh Friday evening. More of a round trip but we'll still get there in plenty of time!

I've got to give a huge thanks to HSL and Jim Adie in particular for making this happen. :aok::flag:

Gorebridge Hibb
30-07-2018, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Gorebridge Hibb;5486566]Cheers for that. Did you do it all individually or through Skyscanner or someone like that?[/QUOTE

Yeh mate just searched sky scanner and booked direct with easyjet for tomorrow nights flight and wizz air for the athens flight there and back, staying at the ibis at luton airport tomorrow aswell

Edinburgh to Athens tomorrow is now sold out.......

stokesysonfire
30-07-2018, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=stokesysonfire;5486581]

Edinburgh to Athens tomorrow is now sold out.......

Its Edinburgh to Luton tomorrow night mate, 20.55

oldbutdim
30-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Not going to the final then?

I was just depressed until I read the scoop from yon Longhelmet that I've been royally shafted by the club.

I'm getting my money back and using it to have my Hibs Scottish Cup Winners tattoo lasered off, and I've fed my Season Ticket to the neighbours cat.
The cat wouldn't eat it initially, but I don't like cats so now it has.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2018, 08:50 PM
and it still amazes me how on earth that username got past the admins, maybe they're not aware of what a schlong is in the urban dictionary :devil: even the first part of the username is a derivative of a part of the male anatomy :agree:

Its just another name for dickhead!

Ringothedog
30-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Ignore him Scott , the guys a wind up merchant and he just enjoys trying to be controversial but just comes across as a knob

Jonnyboy
30-07-2018, 08:55 PM
I was just depressed until I read the scoop from yon Longhelmet that I've been royally shafted by the club.

I'm getting my money back and using it to have my Hibs Scottish Cup Winners tattoo lasered off, and I've fed my Season Ticket to the neighbours cat.
The cat wouldn't eat it initially, but I don't like cats so now it has.

:tee hee:

HibbyDave
30-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Skyscanner showing edi-Larnaca-Athens on wed and then Athens-Luton-Edinburgh on Friday for around £450 if that’s any good?
Hope everyone that wants to go can make it. I just signed up for Premier Sports so it’s tv for me.

Torto7062
30-07-2018, 09:00 PM
This in spadesIt really is f-in sad fans that weren't even booked on the flight are having a go at the club.....away n take a flying **** to yourselfs and put a maroon top on because thats how they lot act.
#SupportTheClub

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
30-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Not good to hear about the bad luck of those meant to be on the flight - I only hope none are the same fans who suffered the missed game last week!

I’m sure it’s already been done but keep trying the combinations on skyscanner of different routes over whatever dates you’re available, even if it means flying from a random English airport. Such a shame for those that have taken the time off and looking forward to what should have been a fantastic away trip.

Hopefully the boys do it on Thursday and give everyone another chance to travel abroad with the hibs!

HelmutSchlong
30-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Just out of curiosity what is happening to the HSL raffle winners?

Are they still going on the charter or is the whole episode deemed null and void meaning everyone is getting there raffle money back?

Asking for a friend

RoYO!
30-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Terrible luck for those involved.

There must be some straightforward travel options that come in less than the £900 though? It’s good to see folk chipping in with other options.

Hiber-nation
30-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Are they still going on the charter or is the whole episode deemed null and void meaning everyone is getting there raffle money back?

Asking for a friend

Give it a rest eh?

Just Alf
30-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Asking for a friend

Ha ha ha! Oh ma sides!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oldbutdim
30-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Asking for a friend

Hilarious.

Good to see that you empathise with fellow Hibs fans.

I'll see about putting you on ignore before I get banned for reacting to your nonsense.

Itsnoteasy
30-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Give it a rest eh?

He's come up with a fair point there.

HibbyAl
30-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Skyscanner showing edi-Larnaca-Athens on wed and then Athens-Luton-Edinburgh on Friday for around £450 if that’s any good?
Hope everyone that wants to go can make it. I just signed up for Premier Sports so it’s tv for me.

Wednesday: Edinburgh - Gatwick - Athens
Friday: Athens - Luton - Edinburgh

For about the same price

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-07-2018, 09:17 PM

Asking for a friend

Said you didn't care, continue to post about it....