PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Tripoli

fife hfc
24-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Anybody staying in Tripoli or are the majority of fans in Athens?

Also anybody looking to share a taxi to Tripoli who arrives on the Wednesday morning.

St Pauli Hibee
24-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Anybody staying in Tripoli or are the majority of fans in Athens?

Also anybody looking to share a taxi to Tripoli who arrives on the Wednesday morning.

Majority be my reckoning will be in Athens with buses down to Tripoli amounting to around 250 supporters, there will be a fair amount down in Tripoli aswell though as hotels seemed to sell out very quickly when tie was first announced

CapitalGreen
24-07-2018, 01:40 PM
We're staying in Tripoli post match. Hoping to be part of some post-match celebrations in the town and didn't fancy a 2 hour+ bus journey back to Athens with a belly full of Ouzo and Souvlaki.

Hermit Crab
24-07-2018, 01:44 PM
I have a Hotel room book in Tripolis in the Alex Hotel for the Wednesday night £69, its a twin room and I no longer need it as I'm staying in Athens, just going to cancel it unless somebody on here wants it.

Although I'm not sure how I'd transfer the names etc.

Any takers?

james62
24-07-2018, 01:50 PM
We're staying in Tripoli post match. Hoping to be part of some post-match celebrations in the town and didn't fancy a 2 hour+ bus journey back to Athens with a belly full of Ouzo and Souvlaki.

We're staying in Tripoli on match night for the same reasons, although I'm not convinced a 2.5 hour journey on Friday morning will be much better!

HibeeDaz6270
24-07-2018, 01:51 PM
5 of us in Tripoli Wednesday to Saturday
Staying at Alex Hotel

aazza91
24-07-2018, 02:53 PM
5 of us staying in Tripoli Wed to Sat as well!

We are travelling on the Wed from Athens City Centre on a private minibus - space for 3 if people want to split costs?

You can travel 1 way if you want or can join us leaving Tripoli on Sat morn to get out 06:00 flight at Athens?

ronaldo7
24-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Staying in Tripoli for the night of the match, and back to Zante the following day.

Le_Franck
24-07-2018, 03:57 PM

We are travelling on the Wed from Athens City Centre on a private minibus - space for 3 if people want to split costs?

You can travel 1 way if you want or can join us leaving Tripoli on Sat morn to get out 06:00 flight at Athens?

I get into Athens airport at 4pm on the Wednesday, was planning on getting the bus to Tripoli but would be happy to jump on your bus is possible?

aazza91
24-07-2018, 04:34 PM
I get into Athens airport at 4pm on the Wednesday, was planning on getting the bus to Tripoli but would be happy to jump on your bus is possible?

We've got our bus sorted for earlier in the day mate, sorry!

Le_Franck
24-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Ah ok mate

Jamesie
24-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Planning on staying in Tripolis on mach night, assuming the match is still on with all of these wild fires. Noticed last week that one or two of the Tripolis hotels have significantly hiked their prices for match night and the nights preceding / following it - over double in some instances. Thankfully we booked before they caught on that there was a game on!

MikeyG
24-07-2018, 06:05 PM
I am travelling to Tripoli on the Wednesday. There are three of us. Do you still have space for one way and how much is it?

fife hfc
24-07-2018, 06:15 PM

What time on Wednesday as me and my two sons arrive 9.30 in the morning. We are on 6am flight on the Saturday but staying in Athens on Friday.

fife hfc
24-07-2018, 06:23 PM

What time on Wednesday as me and my two sons arrive 9.30 in the morning. We are on 6am flight on the Saturday but staying in Athens on Friday.

gorgie greens
25-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Planning on staying in Tripolis on mach night, assuming the match is still on with all of these wild fires. Noticed last week that one or two of the Tripolis hotels have significantly hiked their prices for match night and the nights preceding / following it - over double in some instances. Thankfully we booked before they caught on that there was a game on!

Anyone staying at arcadia hotel I would phone the hotel to confirm your booking , I booked the minute the draw had been made but after reading that most people were opting for Athens I phoned to cancel the booking to be told that I never had a booking in the first place, spoke to someone on a hibs facebook page and it happened to him as well.
I have emailed confirmation of the original booking.

green with envy
25-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Five of us are staying on a farm 3klm from tripolis - night of the game only, before heading back to Corinthia for another night by the beach.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2018, 09:24 AM
I've just cancelled a twin room at the Alex Hotel on the Wednesday night after no takers on here.

aazza91
27-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

Still got 3 seats on our minibus going to Tripoli as the people we had have changed their plans.

We are leaving central Athens at 10:30 on the Wednesday. Total cost is 154 euro so split between 8 folk that would be under 20 euro each.

Coming back we are leaving Tripoli very early morning to catch our 06:30 flight from Athens to Stansted if anyone wanted to join us. All in it would be 40 euro return.

MikeyG
27-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

Still got 3 seats on our minibus going to Tripoli as the people we had have changed their plans.

We are leaving central Athens at 10:30 on the Wednesday. Total cost is 154 euro so split between 8 folk that would be under 20 euro each.

Coming back we are leaving Tripoli very early morning to catch our 06:30 flight from Athens to Stansted if anyone wanted to join us. All in it would be 40 euro return.

I will take the seats if they are still available.

MikeyG
27-07-2018, 12:09 PM
I will take the seats if they are still available.

Dropped you a private message with my mobile number. Give me a call either way please.

Cheers,

Mikey

aazza91
27-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Dropped you a private message with my mobile number. Give me a call either way please.

Cheers,

Mikey

Perfect mate - have replied to you. At work at the moment so no access to my phone! Seats are yours.

MikeyG
27-07-2018, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=aazza91;5482283]Perfect mate - have replied to you. At work at the moment so no access to my phone! Seats are yours.[/QUOT

Perfect.

fife hfc
27-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Bugger!! First chance I’ve had to look today. If anybody else is looking to share transport to Tripoli on Wednesday morning then I’m interested. I am going with my two sons.

MikeyG
27-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Bugger!! First chance I’ve had to look today. If anybody else is looking to share transport to Tripoli on Wednesday morning then I’m interested. I am going with my two sons.

There is a local bus that travels from Athens to Tripoli every hour.

fife hfc
27-07-2018, 07:19 PM
There is a local bus that travels from Athens to Tripoli every hour.

I know but thought private travel would be quicker.

Criswell
27-07-2018, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't advise any Hibs fans to travel to Tripoli. You might end up being "rescued" from a rubber dinghy off the coast of Libya!

Hibbyradge
27-07-2018, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't advise any Hibs fans to travel to Tripoli. You might end up being "rescued" from a rubber dinghy off the coast of Libya!

I would.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli,_Greece

Gorebridge Hibb
28-07-2018, 10:42 AM
I would.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli,_Greece

We’re on the club charter and we are staying in the Mainalon Resort in Tripoli’s city centre.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2018, 10:43 AM
We’re on the club charter and we are staying in the Mainalon Resort in Tripoli’s city centre.

Cool. That's where we are.

Is that the official hotel?

Gorebridge Hibb
28-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Cool. That's where we are.

Is that the official hotel?

There’s 50 fans on the charter plus players, officials and press so suspect there will be more than 1 hotel as the Mainalon isn’t that big.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2018, 11:31 AM
There’s 50 fans on the charter plus players, officials and press so suspect there will be more than 1 hotel as the Mainalon isn’t that big.

Only 50 fans? Assumed there would be more as 80 went to Faroes?

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Only 50 fans? Assumed there would be more as 80 went to Faroes?

IP said there was 73 on Faroes CF

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2018, 11:42 AM
IP said there was 73 on Faroes CF

Surprised there is less spaces available for this one

Gorebridge Hibb
28-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Could be a smaller plane or less of an uptake.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Maybe a lot of fans had already sorted out their transportation to Greece. It was announced quite late as well

fife hfc
29-07-2018, 06:36 PM
I take it nobody is arriving on Wednesday morning and looking to get to Tripoli. I’m about to book a car for three (more expensive) but can book a car that holds more if people want to share.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2018, 06:41 PM
I take it nobody is arriving on Wednesday morning and looking to get to Tripoli. I’m about to book a car for three (more expensive) but can book a car that holds more if people want to share.

My brother and I are seriously considering booking flights to Athens and a hotel in Tripoli tonight. The flight we're looking at gets in at Athens at 11:20 on Wednesday from Gatwick. Could you let me know more about your plans as I'm definitely interested in this? It would have to be able to take a folded up wheelchair though but I don't see this being a huge issue.

fife hfc
29-07-2018, 06:50 PM
We arrive at 9.30 all going well and was looking at transfers and been quoted £106 pounds for three passengers and I can enquire back about 5 seats with a wheelchair. I let you know the quotes I get.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2018, 06:52 PM
We arrive at 9.30 all going well and was looking at transfers and been quoted £106 pounds for three passengers and I can enquire back about 5 seats with a wheelchair. I let you know the quotes I get.

Cheers when do you expect to hear back? :aok:

fife hfc
29-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Not sure as the site I used gets quotes from a few companies. Looking back at the quotes, one was for an eight seater for £115 one way. When are looking to go back? I’m leaving early on the Friday and only going back to Athens, not the airport.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Not sure as the site I used gets quotes from a few companies. Looking back at the quotes, one was for an eight seater for £115 one way. When are looking to go back? I’m leaving early on the Friday and only going back to Athens, not the airport.

The flight we've been looking at on the way back is at 12:05 Greek time on Friday.

When are you flying home?

fife hfc
29-07-2018, 07:16 PM
The flight we've been looking at on the way back is at 12:05 Greek time on Friday.

When are you flying home?

Not until the Saturday, but spending a day sightseeing or dragging my two sons around the sights of Athens.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Not until the Saturday, but spending a day sightseeing or dragging my two sons around the sights of Athens.

Ahh right. It will be no bother getting to the airport anyway as long as we're back in Athens, we can just get a taxi.

Kthomson44
30-07-2018, 03:50 PM
3 of us fly from Newcastle to Athens tomorrow and arrive at 1am on Wednesday, is anybody else looking to car share straight to tripolis at this time?