PDA

View Full Version : Food in the Ground

Bracksy
24-07-2018, 11:46 AM
When are Greggs taking over? Would be unreal imo

Jackh
24-07-2018, 11:49 AM

Would be worthwhile investing the Simon Murray fee in this. Then get MacLaren and Allan with proceeds

Up The Bracket
24-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Don’t think this is a bad idea however, my myself would prefer an alternative such as KFC or Pizza Hut

Famous Fiver
24-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Lovely hot pie and coffee for £2-60 at Coldstream match.

How are Hibs so poor in comparison?

Get it sorted, Petrie!!

Jackh
24-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Lovely hot pie and coffee for £2-60 at Coldstream match.

How are Hibs so poor in comparison?

Get it sorted, Petrie!!

Pies put killie on the map. Surely we can do the same?

HelmutSchlong
24-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Baines at Stenhoose Cross for me

hfc rd
24-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Are you allowed to bring hot food from outside into ER? Just that I remember at the St Johnstone semi final at the PBS back in 2016, two guys about two rows in front of us were both munching on a fish supper. Not that I’m saying I’m gonna be bringing a large dominoes pizzai/doner kebab or so, but just wondering if you are allowed to bring hot food into ER?

calumhibee1
24-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Are you allowed to bring hot food from outside into ER? Just that I remember at the St Johnstone semi final at the PBS back in 2016, two guys about two rows in front of us were both munching on a fish supper. Not that I’m saying I’m gonna be bringing a large dominoes pizzai/doner kebab or so, but just wondering if you are allowed to bring hot food into ER?

Somebody behind me at Hanlons testimonial had a whole pizza from La Fav :greengrin

Sean1875
24-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Give Fray Bentos the catering contract.

SquashedFrogg
24-07-2018, 03:37 PM

First time I've ever heard Greggs described as 'unreal' lol

bodhibs
24-07-2018, 03:38 PM
First time I've ever heard Greggs described as 'unreal' lol

Some of the stuff in Greggs looks unreal tbf

Hibee87
24-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Somebody behind me at Hanlons testimonial had a whole pizza from La Fav :greengrin

I remember the brian kerr game at Tynie, an older couple were sat down at half time and pulled out 2 big mac and chips from the womans handbag.

HelmutSchlong
24-07-2018, 03:46 PM
I remember the brian kerr game at Tynie, an older couple were sat down at half time and pulled out 2 big mac and chips from the womans handbag.

Let’s be honest as with most of rafael scheidt they serve in McDonald’s it would have been just as warm at half time as it would have been when it was first purchased

SquashedFrogg
24-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Some of the stuff in Greggs looks unreal tbf

Haha. It does that.

Since90+2
24-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Greggs scran is minging , can only think it's so popular because aswell as being bogging it's also cheap.

heretoday
24-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Bring back the macaroon and the spearmint!

Greggs? No wonder we're all obese.

malcolm
24-07-2018, 04:32 PM
I read the title and really wanted just to say potatoes and peanuts .. but I was mislead by the title 😉. But related it woul just be good to get a good black coffee.. not saying the football needs something to help stay awake .. not recently it has been more 🥂🍾

calumhibee1
24-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Greggs scran is minging , can only think it's so popular because aswell as being bogging it's also cheap.

Agreed although it’s no even that cheap. £1.45 for a stone cold steak bake where the meat was absolutely inedible. I know people don’t like the food at ER but I genuinely think the “steak” meat at ER is better than Greggs. I can actually eat the food at ER, I had to squeeze all the meat out and just eat the pastry and gravy this steak bake was that bad.

Brummie_Hibs
24-07-2018, 04:40 PM
In the Estadio Azteca for the Mexico v Scotland game, there was a Pizza Hut where you would order your pizza at a kiosk and they would deliver it to your seat when ready.

Imagine if you could use an app on your phone and get your Bovril and Pie delivered without leaving your seat. Bliss!

Hermit Crab
24-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Greggs should be nowhere near Easter Rd.

Baynes on the other hand, you’ll struggle to find a better steak pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
24-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Stephen's steak bridie's are good and seem very popular any time we visit Dunfermline - if they can get the simple things right, why can't we?

SChibs
24-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Away trips to Alloa were decent a few years ago cause you could sneak a KFC into the game. The stewards were obviously told to not let people in with it though cause they stopped my mate with his. I learnt that day you can fit almost a whole bargain bucket into a beanie hat

GlesgaeHibby
24-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Greggs? Unreal? :faf:

HoboHarry
24-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Stop moaning about pies FFS - try living here and having to eat f*****g pretzels......

HelmutSchlong
24-07-2018, 05:18 PM

Baines on the other hand, you’ll struggle to find a better steak pie.

FIixed that for you son!

stuart-farquhar
24-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Stop moaning about pies FFS - try living here and having to eat f*****g pretzels......

And 10 dollars for a coors light at an MSL game.

hfc rd
24-07-2018, 05:35 PM

Yep, the seagulls would be in dreamland if we started doing Greggs.

LustForLeith
24-07-2018, 05:41 PM
I might start doing a Bains run and selling them in the ground. Orders will be taken

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I'm definitely going to come across as a twat here but I promise it isn't my intention.

Does everyone really need pies/pizzas/burgers at the football every week? That stuff is pretty bad for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and definitely eat rubbish but mainly if I have no other option (had to leave early/travelling when I'd normally eat lunch etc). Certainly not enough to bother too much about who is doing the catering. Much better physically and financially just to bring something like a sandwich or a couple of cereal bars with you. Even a wrap from McDonalds is cheaper and healthier than the stuff on sale at football grounds.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Mince pies are to die for :yum yum:

Looper
24-07-2018, 06:12 PM
I might start doing a Bains run and selling them in the ground. Orders will be taken

2 for me ta

tamig
24-07-2018, 06:17 PM
If Bains are so good, why can so many folk no spell their name right?

mutley
24-07-2018, 06:36 PM
For me, having a half time pie is a wee tradition, especially on cold days.

It would be good to get a better option at a decent price rather than the expensive crap we have to put up with at ER. I know people are saying “well if nobody buys it, they will have to change it” and to a certain extent I agree with that, but judging by the length of the queues every week, I can’t see a boycott any time soon. So it’s a bit of a catch-22 situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hibbiedon
24-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Do just eat deliver to the east stand

givescotlandfreedom
24-07-2018, 06:43 PM

I was behind them! They go to Tannadice most weeks!

Billy Whizz
24-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Do just eat deliver to the east stand

If they’ve bought a ticket, no reason why not

Keith_M
24-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Bratwurst on a Roll wi' some Mustard and a glass of Radeberger Bier.

How come I can get that in Germany but no at ER?

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2018, 07:35 PM
A whole La Fav pizza from the trailer at the East on Thursday it is then.

Billy Whizz
24-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Advertising not allowed on here

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Better get Bains and Greggs removed then :wink:

Billy Whizz
24-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Better get Bains and Greggs removed then :wink:

Think you know what I mean😜

Nakedmanoncrack
24-07-2018, 07:52 PM
We could learn a lot from the food that was on offer at the game in the Faroe Islands last week, fish & chip van, cakes, etc.

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2018, 07:56 PM
Think you know what I mean😜

:faf: Surely you jest

ancient hibee
24-07-2018, 10:06 PM
The good old days of a pie and bovril -there was more meat in the bovril than the pie.

Up The Bracket
24-07-2018, 10:33 PM
German sausages are the würst

Austinho
25-07-2018, 01:11 AM
We should be looking to do a partnership with one of Leith’s Michelin Star chefs IMO. Tom Kitchin or Martin Wishart. The Hand Rolled Truffle and Ricotta Tortellini’s would fly off the shelves.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Baynes on the other hand, you’ll struggle to find a better steak pie.

McGills on Slateford Road do better steak pies than Bains.

staunchhibby
25-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Lawsons uphall superb choice of quality pies

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2018, 09:38 AM
McGills on Slateford Road do better steak pies than Bains.

Yes said this before, been getting them from their butchers in Currie long before they took over Malones old place on Slateford Road

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Bratwurst on a Roll wi' some Mustard and a glass of Radeberger Bier.

How come I can get that in Germany but no at ER?

Because Germans go out to enjoy and an alcoholic beverage whereas here people go out to get as drunk as possible

It’s sad but true

Billy Whizz
25-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Yes said this before, been getting them from their butchers in Currie long before they took over Malones old place on Slateford Road

Seemingly you get a free pie in the Mill on slateford rd, after every Hearts home game

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 11:12 AM

Better delete all the threads that are promoting match tickets, stadium tours, summer camps and new kits etc! 😉

Lendo
25-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Seemingly you get a free pie in the Mill on slateford rd, after every Hearts home game

The only down side being you would need to actually go in to the Grays Mill....

YanYansen
25-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Great idea! I like a wee half-time rumour.

SChibs
25-07-2018, 11:47 AM
The only down side being you would need to actually go in to the Grays Mill....

I actually quite like the Mill!

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 11:52 AM
I actually quite like the Mill!

Aye, chancellot mill

lord bunberry
25-07-2018, 11:52 AM
That’s exactly what should happen. There’s a huge space behind the east, what’s wrong with putting three or four catering vans out there.

Barman Stanton
25-07-2018, 11:59 AM
We used to have Masons pies for a while in the 90s. They were decent. Food at Easter Road has been poor for decades though. Doesnt need to be like that. Kilmarnock and Dunfermline both have good scran.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2018, 12:09 PM

Nearly spilled my Starbucks when I read that. Defo no advertising allowed?

HelmutSchlong
25-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Nearly spilled my Starbucks when I read that. Defo no advertising allowed?

Starbucks? I nearly boaked my Costa Coffee up thinking about that 🤮

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Starbucks? I nearly boaked my Costa Coffee up thinking about that 🤮

To be fair, both are pretty honking. Just seemed like a suitable brand for a really poor response lol

heretoday
27-07-2018, 04:16 PM
I like a pie.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 04:18 PM
I like a pie.

The meat version?

HelmutSchlong
27-07-2018, 04:20 PM
The meat version?

It’s a family forum supposedly so less of the smut wouldn’t go amiss. I’m sure there’ll be lots of Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson stuff on YouTube if that’s your low level of comedy that you can watch and get your kicks at

Haymaker
27-07-2018, 04:20 PM
And 10 dollars for a coors light at an MSL game.

$10?! What stadium do you go to? $13 a pop at Red bull arena

brianmc
27-07-2018, 04:38 PM
We should be looking to do a partnership with one of Leith’s Michelin Star chefs IMO. Tom Kitchin or Martin Wishart. The Hand Rolled Truffle and Ricotta Tortellini’s would fly off the shelves.

I used to be prone to a hand rolled out the back of the old East......😌 Happy days.

brianmc
27-07-2018, 04:40 PM
It’s a family forum supposedly so less of the smut wouldn’t go amiss. I’m sure there’ll be lots of Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson stuff on YouTube if that’s your low level of comedy that you can watch and get your kicks at

Top user name for an anti smut crusader. Well done 😂

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 04:43 PM

Aye, like your user name... oh the irony

Malthibby
27-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Worst thing about last night were the pies, completely dried out for half-time consumption. Shurely nae need.
GG

Pete
27-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Great night but once again let down by the catering.

While most of the world is embracing new technology such as contactless and mobile phone payment, we seem to be going the other way.

Got to the front of the queue, realised I never had any cash and assumed it was alright as we’re not stuck in the 1990’s as far as technology goes (and I’m sure I used card last season).

Nope...no card facility so I left empty handed. Cash only is such a dated way of doing things and definitely Hearts class.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Great night but once again let down by the catering.

While most of the world is embracing new technology such as contactless and mobile phone payment, we seem to be going the other way.

Got to the front of the queue, realised I never had any cash and assumed it was alright as we’re not stuck in the 1990’s as far as technology goes (and I’m sure I used card last season).

Nope...no card facility so I left empty handed. Cash only is such a dated way of doing things and definitely Hearts class.

You would have though when the club ceased taking cash on the turnstiles due to that fraud incident then they would have moved to have chip and pin in the kiosks, the technology has been around for years now.

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Top user name for an anti smut crusader. Well done 😂

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

TRC
27-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I've always thought it'd be a good idea if Hibs did a deal with a catering college, get the kids to do the food. Would be a good advert for the club and wouldn't be overly expensive.

IainA
27-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Agree! I once had bad food poisoning from Greggs! Will NEVER touch it again!

in the States, they know how to do things. There is a choice of Pizza stalls, burger stalls etc, etc.
Giveus choice.

HelmutSchlong
27-07-2018, 05:59 PM
You would have though when the club ceased taking cash on the turnstiles due to that fraud incident then they would have moved to have chip and pin in the kiosks, the technology has been around for years now.

It wouldn’t be the club that gets fruaded through the catering, it would be the catering company

No need for the club to go to the expense of fitting card payment technology if it’s only going to benefit the caterers

CLASS OF 72 -73
27-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Agree the best mince pies! Those slagging off KFC and pizza's I get it and agree but your never getting Mediterranean salad at a Scottish football match. LD gets things done but its not high on her agenda - Supporter reps raise it!

stuart-farquhar
27-07-2018, 06:27 PM
$10?! What stadium do you go to? $13 a pop at Red bull arena

Providence Park.

Pete
27-07-2018, 09:48 PM
It wouldn’t be the club that gets fruaded through the catering, it would be the catering company

No need for the club to go to the expense of fitting card payment technology if it’s only going to benefit the caterers

It benefits us, the hibs fans, not the caterers. Plus, a few card machines are hardly a major outlay.

I'm not sure about the details regarding the current arrangement but I'm sure the catering sub contractor won't lose too much either way as any shorts will simply come out the poor sods wages who are behind the counters.

Cash only is unheard of nowadays unless you are some Mickey Mouse burger van or have something to hide.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Buying a steak pie and a Bovril before kick off has been a tradition for me since the new stands were built … in fact my original username on here was 'Bovril' as a nod to that :greengrin

I often moan that at least 4 or 5 times a season my steak pie turns into a mince pie by the time I reach my seat and lo and behold it happened again at the Asteras game .. to be fair to the staff the two look exactly the same until you bite into them, but you would think by now they would have found a way to differentiate between the two by sight …. Mind you, I had to repeat 3 times to the obviously new and obviously foreign lassie that I wanted a Bovril, the first time I said it her blank expression didn't exactly fill me with hope that I wouldn't end up with a coffee .. its happened before :confused:

I'm getting a bit fed up of this happening, if it happens again I'm going to post the offending pie to Leeann Dempster with the one bite out of it demanding a refund :grr:

staunchhibby
28-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Once again no small cups of flat coke.Still advertsing small cups.

Up The Bracket
08-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Surely invest some of the McGinn money in a Greggs or similar being implemented in the ground?

Jackh
08-08-2018, 09:38 PM
First things first I’d sort the pies out. Then look at the team.

Jackh
25-08-2018, 03:23 PM
£4.20 for a bit of cold pizza with the cheese non existent. This is a joke surely it must be worth an idea to approach Greggs or someone to cater? Would happily pay that price for s steak bake or something if the quality’s there.

hfc rd
25-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Surely if you are not happy with the food then don’t buy it! That’s probably when the club will look into it. Rather than continuously buying the food and then complaining about it constantly.

Beefster
25-08-2018, 03:48 PM
£4.20 for a bit of cold pizza with the cheese non existent. This is a joke surely it must be worth an idea to approach Greggs or someone to cater? Would happily pay that price for s steak bake or something if the quality’s there.

Do Greggs do football catering anywhere? Loads of folk suggest them but I’d have thought catering at Hibs 20 times a year would be a bit too small fry for them.

Cabbage East
25-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Makes me laugh folk queuing for food during a 3pm kick off. You know, that time between lunch and dinner.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Take a carry oot in, oops forgot no allowed anymore, a nice greasy pie washed down by a freezing can of Mac's export them was the days.

Oscar T Grouch
25-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Do Greggs do football catering anywhere? Loads of folk suggest them but I’d have thought catering at Hibs 20 times a year would be a bit too small fry for them.

A few years ago they had shops in Pride Park in Derby, might have changed since then though.

danhibees1875
25-08-2018, 04:21 PM

They'd make plenty dough. Not that they knead it.

CLASS OF 72 -73
25-08-2018, 04:24 PM
How come LD and co can transform moral, playing staff, coaching but can'get the fans comfort right?

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:26 PM
How come LD and co can transform moral, playing staff, coaching but can'get the fans comfort right?

The fans comfort will no be right until we get heated seating.

Keith_M
25-08-2018, 05:04 PM
The fans comfort will no be right until we get heated seating.

My seat was heated. That's the benefit of a Thai Curry the night B4 the game.

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 07:12 PM
My seat was heated. That's the benefit of a Thai Curry the night B4 the game.

:greengrin well made me laugh. I do have a pretty basic sense of humour though.:wink:

CMac1988
25-08-2018, 07:19 PM

It's dreadful but many seem happy to pay for it so it's not going to change anytime soon.

Jones28
25-08-2018, 07:21 PM
If you walk down Easter road/leith walk before the game you pass literally dozens of places to eat and drink. Go there, football grounds are there for the football, not the catering.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Eat and drink in the ground if you want to get fleeced, I stopped buying from the stadium and nip into Baynes on ER for steak pie or a filled roll of some sorts, much cheaper and better quality.

Golden Bear
25-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Well a positive from me - the sausage rolls are brilliant and the catering lass had a smile that would brighten up the darkest room.

staunchhibby
25-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Get my pies from Lawsons Uphall.

Up The Bracket
27-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Anyone else had any thoughts on this? I’d be interested if we could speak to the fans reps

poolman
27-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Greggs stuff is absolutely bowfin 😲

The Green Goblin
27-08-2018, 01:17 PM
A lot of folk suggest not buying anything or “boycotting” the food, but that’s not an answer. It shouldn’t take fans having to protest to improve something like this and it would be better if they didn’t have to. I sometimes bring my own food to the games, but I’d be happy to give a bit more to Hibs and have some decent food/drink options adding to the matchday experience. I think it becomes even more of an issue in the winter when you’re freezing and want something hot to eat or drink.

CMurdoch
27-08-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm another of the bring my own food brigade.

It's far cheaper and better than the stadium food and I don't have to queue for it, miss part of the game whilst queing etc.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2018, 03:30 PM
I don’t normally eat pies or any other food between 3pm and 5pm on a normal day so a Saturday at the football is no different.

Since90+2
27-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Had a pie on Saturday and it was alright, not great not terrible. It is overpriced without a doubt but it will always be.

LancashireHibby
27-08-2018, 06:55 PM
I don’t normally eat pies or any other food between 3pm and 5pm on a normal day so a Saturday at the football is no different.
Does a normal day include a dozen pints between 11am and 2.50pm?

Craig_HFC
27-08-2018, 07:16 PM
I never really understand threads like this.

Everyone knows that the food available at places like a stadium, the cinema, music venues etc are overpriced for what you get. It’s always been that way and it always will be. The food is not the main reason people go to these places.

Nobody is being forced to buy the food at the stadium so if the food is crap and overpriced then don’t buy it; it’s quite simple really.

Also, comparing the food at Easter Road to the food at grounds like Alloa or Berwick Rangers is pointless as they can have stuff like homemade soup or whatever as the customer base is a fraction of that at Easter Road. They have maybe 1 or 2 burger vans to cater for all supporters where we have 3 or 4 kiosks per stand. It’s just not the same thing.

GreenArmyyy!
27-08-2018, 07:28 PM
There was a Chinese family of 4 that barely spoke any English that were in the West Lower for the Ross County game, presumably tourists here for the festival. Anyway, they spoke almost no English but ordered over £30 worth of food and drink and handed over a £50 note. They were told that £50 notes weren’t allowed so they couldn’t have their stuff. No effort to try and explain to them at all which left them looking very confused and distressed.

I imtervened and discussed this with the cashier who couldn’t explain why they wouldn’t accept £50 notes which is in no way her fault as she was clearly very young and poorly trained. It took for me to get the supervisor and have a verbal battle with her for 5 minutes until I got her to see sense and accept the note.

I understand in this day and age we need to be particularly careful when handling bank notes but it’s certainly not the welcoming service I want for tourists visiting Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2018, 07:35 PM

No and neither does a Saturday at the football.

hibbyfraelibby
27-08-2018, 07:37 PM
If its good enough for the seagulls its good enough for us lot...

Lancs Harp
27-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Only a dozen pints? You ponces.:wink::greengrin

lord bunberry
27-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Lightweight :wink:

cocteautwin
28-08-2018, 10:33 AM
There was a Chinese family of 4 that barely spoke any English that were in the West Lower for the Ross County game, presumably tourists here for the festival. Anyway, they spoke almost no English but ordered over £30 worth of food and drink and handed over a £50 note. They were told that £50 notes weren’t allowed so they couldn’t have their stuff. No effort to try and explain to them at all which left them looking very confused and distressed.

I imtervened and discussed this with the cashier who couldn’t explain why they wouldn’t accept £50 notes which is in no way her fault as she was clearly very young and poorly trained. It took for me to get the supervisor and have a verbal battle with her for 5 minutes until I got her to see sense and accept the note.

I understand in this day and age we need to be particularly careful when handling bank notes but it’s certainly not the welcoming service I want for tourists visiting Easter Road.

That's terrible. What she should have said to them was 你好中国朋友。你有零钱吗?我们接受不了这么大的纸币。不好意思。

Bristolhibby
28-08-2018, 10:43 AM

I was in the get bladded in the pub then pie at the game camp. However now when I take the kids to the game, I’ll go to a pub that does food and eat there at lunch time. As you say, no bead for food then until dinner time and lunch will be a good pub lunch.

Just back from Orlando and went to an Orlando City MLS game. The food was brilliant. I had chips and chicken tenders with a pint that I could take to my seat in a souvenir cup. (It was pricy mind, but felt good quality, so I didn’t mind).

Having a beer at the match was great.

Football was rubbish though, neither team could defend, but the crapness did even itself out, which made for an exciting game.

J

hughio
28-08-2018, 10:50 AM
The club miss an obvious business opportunity to profit from a captive, willing, hungry, public eager to pay into the coffers of HFC.

Instead the unimaginative Board for years have simply passed the responsibility to a catering franchise crowd who couldn't care what they sell as long as it turns profit.

A wee bit of investment in this would reap rewards.Yes there might be employer's liability issues and other complexities but nothing that cannot be overcome with a willingness to please fans.
A big pot of healthy stovies and home made soup in the winter would go down well.Sell it cheap to start.No frills healthy hot grub served quick.
Not rocket science.

Phone me Leanne!

Bristolhibby
28-08-2018, 10:53 AM
The club miss an obvious business opportunity to profit from a captive, willing, hungry, public eager to pay into the coffers of HFC.

Instead the unimaginative Board for years have simply passed the responsibility to a catering franchise crowd who couldn't care what they sell as long as it turns profit.

A wee bit of investment in this would reap rewards.Yes there might be employer's liability issues and other complexities but nothing that cannot be overcome with a willingness to please fans.
A big pot of healthy stovies and home made soup in the winter would go down well.Sell it cheap to start.No frills healthy hot grub served quick.
Not rocket science.

Phone me Leanne!

Had stovies at a Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby game in Murrayfield. It was amazing!

J

Paisley Hibby
28-08-2018, 12:44 PM
I think we should put in a bid for Dunfermline's Steak Bridies before the transfer window closes.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm definitely going to come across as a twat here but I promise it isn't my intention.

Does everyone really need pies/pizzas/burgers at the football every week? That stuff is pretty bad for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and definitely eat rubbish but mainly if I have no other option (had to leave early/travelling when I'd normally eat lunch etc). Certainly not enough to bother too much about who is doing the catering. Much better physically and financially just to bring something like a sandwich or a couple of cereal bars with you. Even a wrap from McDonalds is cheaper and healthier than the stuff on sale at football grounds.

is that not why hibs were running fitness classes(whatever) fatten us up with the pies then help us lose the 40,000 calories because they feel conscious about our weight gains :)

jacomo
28-08-2018, 09:40 PM
I never really understand threads like this.

Everyone knows that the food available at places like a stadium, the cinema, music venues etc are overpriced for what you get. It’s always been that way and it always will be. The food is not the main reason people go to these places.

Nobody is being forced to buy the food at the stadium so if the food is crap and overpriced then don’t buy it; it’s quite simple really.

Also, comparing the food at Easter Road to the food at grounds like Alloa or Berwick Rangers is pointless as they can have stuff like homemade soup or whatever as the customer base is a fraction of that at Easter Road. They have maybe 1 or 2 burger vans to cater for all supporters where we have 3 or 4 kiosks per stand. It’s just not the same thing.

Because some people do want catering at the stadium and if it was better us punters would be happier and Hibs would make more money.

jacomo
28-08-2018, 09:46 PM

How about a sushi or salad bar? Perhaps steamed dumplings in winter.

I’m not sure I’m joking either. There is so much Hibs could do to offer better choice.

Hibeewilly
29-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Mince pies are to die for :yum yum:

The bridies are even better

Itsnoteasy
29-08-2018, 02:49 PM
i think we should put in a bid for dunfermline's steak bridies before the transfer window closes.

stephens

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I always fill masel up ootside before goin tae the game, a couple o pints and a mince pie supper, and ahm ready. Nae need fir the pish they sell in the stadium, Ive been ootay Embra fir years an still cannae understand why they can´t sell proper food in the stadium, it has tae be one ay the fans biggest complaints efter, lewis and Efe surely :greengrin

Club needs tae get it sorted, it´s part ay the match experience, mind you, mibbe the club thinks crap food is part ay the match experience, we´ll never know......