PDA

View Full Version : Hibs won the Scottish Cup!

California-Hibs
24-07-2018, 10:37 AM
Does this thought ever just all of a sudden burst through anyone else mind and fill you with unbelievable happiness at the most random and unexpected times during a day?! Well it does to me, often!

Like....it happened. It ACTUALLY HAPPENED! All those times when we were children, dreaming, talking about it and trying to envision JUST how good it would be, to then transitioning into adults, still dreaming, talking, envisioning, taking endless stick from the Jambos......it bloody happened folks, for real! WE DONE IT ......2-1 down to a team we absolutely hate and came back to win it 3-2 with a LAST MINUTE WINNER! Boy I love the Hibs, they made dreams come true that day and I think a lot of us will have these random thoughts and memories for the rest of our lives...

:flag:

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Yip! Great Day !:thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/ZrtYbJqenhA

California-Hibs
24-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Yip! Great Day !:thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/ZrtYbJqenhA

Top video that is 😁

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Top video that is 😁
I thought you might like it!

I asked both my sons one 26 and one 21 if they ever thought their Dad would live long enough to see HIBS win the Scottish Cup they looked at each other and smiled and both said No!

Of course at the actual game at full time like many other of my fellow hibbies I remembered my own father and his father that did not live to see it!

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
24-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Still can't believe we won the thing! In the most emotionally romantic way possible. If our cup journey in 2016 was a Hollywood movie you'd say it was far fetched. It was like a Rocky film. The only thing missing was Sir David Gray shouting "Hibbyyyyys.....we did it!". Incredible and embarrassingly still get teary when i think about it.

Thecat23
24-07-2018, 11:56 AM
After all is said and done, three words I can tell the grandkids. I....Was...There!!!!! 🇳🇬

California-Hibs
24-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Its just incredible. I mean, we would of all taken a 25th minute Cup Final own goal win against East Fife, and been just as happy and ecstatic. However to do it against the Huns... from 2-1 down.... with the Captain getting an injury time winner?! Just incredible. We're so lucky to have witnessed it and got it in the fashion and circumstances that we did! 😁😁

Northernhibee
24-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Pie at HT was lukewarm. Terrible day.

Centre Hawf
24-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Wouldn't change a single thing about that day at all. Couldn't have asked for it to go better. We killed off the moronic Hibs'd it patter once and for all when we came from behind that day.

Smartie
24-07-2018, 12:34 PM
There was a danger that in building it up, when it actually happened it wouldn't live up to our expectations.

What happened was everything I ever hoped it would be, and then some more, x about a million.

I feel sorry for fans of other clubs who will never know how it feels to bust a hoodoo like that.

hibbydog
24-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Brilliant post by California Hibs.

Mainly because I also find myself mentioning it randomly, even when I know that those I’m talking to couldn’t give a flying one.

‘Hibs won the Scottish Cup’

I wrote it in a birthday card last week
Said it in a meeting
Shouted it at someone in the street
Pillow talk

Mucking fagic!!!

Canon Hannan
24-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Still watering my plants/grass with a tear in my eye....................................:wink:

If you think about it, only 20,000 of us were there on that day to witness it!!! Not a huge amount of people really. Thank god i decided to go, as i was swithering.

1van Sprou7e
24-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Brilliant post by California Hibs.

Mainly because I also find myself mentioning it randomly, even when I know that those I’m talking to couldn’t give a flying one.

‘Hibs won the Scottish Cup’

I wrote it in a birthday card last week
Said it in a meeting
Shouted it at someone in the street
Pillow talk

Mucking fagic!!!

😂

Tug Wilson
24-07-2018, 05:08 PM
I thought you might like it!

I asked both my sons one 26 and one 21 if they ever thought their Dad would live long enough to see HIBS win the Scottish Cup they looked at each other and smiled and both said No!

Of course at the actual game at full time like many other of my fellow hibbies I remembered my own father and his father that did not live to see it!

GGTTH

I too had a quiet moment to sit and think about my dad and my Uncle Douglas who did not live long enough to see us win it. Then I thought that they would be going absolutely tonto so jumped to my feet and went mental.

They both made me a Hibee and I can never thank them enough.

SirDavidsNapper
24-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Still watering my plants/grass with a tear in my eye....................................:wink:

If you think about it, only 20,000 of us were there on that day to witness it!!! Not a huge amount of people really. Thank god i decided to go, as i was swithering.

Yup. 20k of us there but there were hundreds of thousands that have been and gone who were there with us that day. I'm not a religious man but im convinced of it.

WoreTheGreen
24-07-2018, 06:55 PM
After all is said and done, three words I can tell the grandkids. I....Was...There!!!!! [emoji1184]

So were we [emoji1184]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/96c4ee3b9cd2c9ad9538ef697752e0e3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/ea8ed3618ed39b08b2753ff35952047e.jpg

jakedance
24-07-2018, 07:17 PM
I think about it all the time and watch the highlights on YouTube at least three times a week (which usually leads to all the other videos). It stands up to any great sporting story in history and it’s impossible to describe the 60 seconds after David Gray scored, although I often try.

Canon Hannan
24-07-2018, 08:14 PM
I think about it all the time and watch the highlights on YouTube at least three times a week (which usually leads to all the other videos). It stands up to any great sporting story in history and it’s impossible to describe the 60 seconds after David Gray scored, although I often try.

The 60-120 seconds after David Gray scored................i walked into the concourse in the South stand. Me and one other guy looking at each other. I just said...we need to go back now...........and within 20 seconds the whistle was blown. The rest was pure enjoyment.

Cardinal G
24-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Best day of my life bar none.
Sad in a way that no matter what we acheive in the future it won't ever come close to that day.