PDA

View Full Version : Non-League/Agents/Borehamwood FC Statement

CyberSauzee
24-07-2018, 12:48 AM
Not seen this in the main sports pages yet. Worth a read if only for the candour you can express when we're not talking about tens of millions.

Good to see a club standing up against what looks on the surface to be a money grabbing mate of a player who should have stuck to telesales.

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/football-must-win-this-one/

Fuzzywuzzy
24-07-2018, 06:00 AM
From videocelts. Their article on the story

"With billions now swilling around English football it seems that some agents have no patience to work their way up the food chain.

Meanwhile Celtic and others attempt to find the right players, at the right price on the right deal…"

calumhibee1
24-07-2018, 06:12 AM
Unless I read it incorrectly he has a £35k release clause. Wimbledon have met it, also offered a 25% sell on clause and they’ve rejected the bid? I can see why the player would be pissed off.

Peevemor
24-07-2018, 06:20 AM
Unless I read it incorrectly he has a £35k release clause. Wimbledon have met it, also offered a 25% sell on clause and they’ve rejected the bid? I can see why the player would be pissed off.

"FC Wimbledon and Eric Samuelson emailed the BWFC Chairman with an official 35k offer, with a 25% sell on – which was considerably less than the Tranmere Rovers offer, and that was respectfully declined."

The player has nothing to be pissed off about.

Sergio sledge
24-07-2018, 06:24 AM

The release fee needed to be met as well as sell on/add ons being agreed between the clubs. It seems that the sell on percentage is the sticking point here. The selling club want x% and the buying club offered 25%. The players agent seems to think rejecting this is breach of contract.

calumhibee1
24-07-2018, 06:39 AM
The release fee needed to be met as well as sell on/add ons being agreed between the clubs. It seems that the sell on percentage is the sticking point here. The selling club want x% and the buying club offered 25%. The players agent seems to think rejecting this is breach of contract.

Ahh missed that. You’d have thought that the sell on fee would also have been an agreed amount. In theory Borehamwood could just scupper the deal by demanding a 100% sell on fee rendering the actual sell on fee a bit pointless.

Sergio sledge
24-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Ahh missed that. You’d have thought that the sell on fee would also have been an agreed amount. In theory Borehamwood could just scupper the deal by demanding a 100% sell on fee rendering the actual sell on fee a bit pointless.

Yeah it seems strange to have a clause so vague, but they've already told the buying club what they'll accept and accepted a previous offer at that level. All the buying club has to do is match the offer. Sounds like the agent wants the player to be a free agent so they can maximise their income.

Centre Hawf
24-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Yeah it seems strange to have a clause so vague, but they've already told the buying club what they'll accept and accepted a previous offer at that level. All the buying club has to do is match the offer. Sounds like the agent wants the player to be a free agent so they can maximise their income.

I think having accepted a bid from Tranmere it gives Boreham Wood precedent in what they feel is an acceptable %, if it's something like 30/35% then if it was to go to the FA/Courts they could say they've been fair and reasonable in their expectations. They have allowed the player to talk to a club and he chose not to go as well so I think the ball is in their court hopefully.