PDA

View Full Version : Announce Allan

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Can we get Scott Allan sorted out now Hibs?
We need him big time for these Euro games.

Thanks

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Can we get Scott Allan sorted out now Hibs?
We need him big time for these Euro games.

Thanks

Have we even made contact with Celtic regarding Scott Allan? :confused:

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Have we even made contact with Celtic regarding Scott Allan? :confused:

I certainly hope so!

Franck Stanton
22-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Scotty is THE most important signing we need this window imo

AlbertK86
22-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Yep I totally agree.... he orchestrated so many chances last season and his ability to pull off the unusual and unexpected pass is what we will need against the better teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
22-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Can't see it happening just now given McGinn Transfer to Celtic not ironed out They are hardly likely to be easy to deal with re Allan in case that has to be part of the deal to get McGinn

Sir David Gray
22-07-2018, 11:37 AM
I think Scott Allan will be a Hibs player by the end of next month but I think it might go on for some time and I think any deal for Allan will include the McGinn to Celtic deal.

1van Sprou7e
22-07-2018, 11:38 AM

Flo was more important imo, maybe Allan after him

Lago
22-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Can't see it happening just now given McGinn Transfer to Celtic not ironed out They are hardly likely to be easy to deal with re Allan in case that has to be part of the deal to get McGinn

Beginning to think that like McGeouch, McGinn will be getting advice just to run his contract down. Hopefully Hibs haven't based their transfer activity on receiving money for him which may never happen.

Bob Box Fish
22-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Do we need him after signing Mallan?

hfc rd
22-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Beginning to think that like McGeouch, McGinn will be getting advice just to run his contract down. Hopefully Hibs haven't based their transfer activity on receiving money for him which may never happen.

I personally doubt it. I don’t think McGinn will want both ourselves & St Mirren to miss out on a good fee considering what both clubs have done for his career so far.

Smartie
22-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Having seen Mallan a couple of times now, I don't know how we'd set up a team with both Allan and Mallan in it.

Scott Allan remains one of my favourite players to have played for us though. He's a class act, there aren't many players about with that ability to cut a defence open.

Ronniekirk
22-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Not so sure that will happen unless Celtic decide not to come back to the Table with a further Cash plus player or players
However at the present time I think Hibs will now want John in the Team to face the Greeks so wont want the Distraction of having to leave him out the team because Celtic have further unsettled him with a Further Bid that they know we won't accept
If he helps the team negotiate the Greek ties and we go through ,he is helping us earn more money
L D has repeatedly said he is more valuable to us in the Team so we may stall Celtic further unless they give us what we are looking for All the indications from Parkhead are that they are in no rush ,and won't be Fleeced ,so I don't expect us to be banking on the money But if it's going to happen it changes who we may be able to afford and could be the difference in persuading Hooper for eg to come to us

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Scott Allan wins us games and he is desperate to be here. He also gets fans off their seats who have bought record numbers of season tickets to see the cavalier style we played in the second half of the season.
For all these reasons I feel we must being him back.
He is certainly the biggest reason I have enjoyed going to Easter road in recent years and it's where I would prefer my season ticket money is used.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Celtc might need to announce SJM first?

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Scott Allan wins us games and he is desperate to be here. He also gets fans off their seats who have bought record numbers of season tickets to see the cavalier style we played in the second half of the season.
For all these reasons I feel we must being him back.
He is certainly the biggest reason I have enjoyed going to Easter road in recent years and it's where I would prefer my season ticket money is used.

Mate I'm desperate for SA to sign as well but if he was desperate to be here then surely he would have informed Rogers that he wants out to plays first team football at Hibs?

Ronniekirk
22-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Mate I'm desperate for SA to sign as well but if he was desperate to be here then surely he would have informed Rogers that he wants out to plays first team football at Hibs?

Rodgers was having a meeting with him last week to discuss his future as he couldn't guarantee him games
There has been no Media update on that but some decision on whether he is staying or going must have been reached you would assume

Centre Hawf
22-07-2018, 12:42 PM

Maybe he has and he's been told to wait to see how the McGinn situation plays out?

The Leith Dutch
22-07-2018, 01:00 PM
Do we need him after signing Mallan?

Having seen Mallan a couple of times now, I don't know how we'd set up a team with both Allan and Mallan in it.

Scott Allan remains one of my favourite players to have played for us though. He's a class act, there aren't many players about with that ability to cut a defence open.

Really curious as to whether this is do-able.

First off, forgetting about Mallan: I think Allan is solid gold for us.

He's almost certainly the best attacking midfielder outside Celtic based on his performances at Hibs despite not quite cutting it at the same level elsewhere.

This does make valuation tricky - the player Celtic have to other teams is probably not worth a huge amount.
Given the fact he's also pretty consistent for us I think we could spend a few million on a player and easily not get someone as good for us as Scott Allan.

Putting the other BS about Celtic trying to stiff us and looking at it objectively Allan I'd rather have a million less for McGinn and Scott Allan rather than the other way around.

So where does that leave us now we do have Mallan?

I think Allan is the better creative midfielder. I think Mallan's threat from distance and free kicks has been something we've missed since Riordan in his heyday.

Mallan is listed as a number 10 and you'd presumably put Allan in the same bracket.
I don't see us shifting from 3 at the back which limits genuine midfield places so the question for me is whether Mallan can play deeper.

If we signed Allan and McGinn goes you'd assume a midfield three of Allan, Mallan and Slivka.
I like the threat that poses but worry about the control it allows us to exert and it probably depends on Mallan doing broadly the McGeouch role and Slivka handling the McGinn role.

*rambling post ends*

wookie70
22-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Flo was our No. 1 target imo and now we have Mallan I would be looking for a McLaren replacement before worrying too much about Scott A. We need to look for a new Dylan and then consider the SJM position. After that I hope we can move for Scott A.

Chic Murray
22-07-2018, 01:03 PM
I thought Scott was sublime when we had him last season.

One nagging doubt is that i thought he tried to do too much during his first spell, and often fell on his face. Last season he was in a midfield with McGinn, and McGeouch, players that understood each other. What would Scott be like if he had much more of the burden to shoulder next year?

The Leith Dutch
22-07-2018, 01:06 PM

I'm glad there's nothing come out about this - sticks in my craw a bit when players do that.
I'd also imagine he's not desperate to play for Hibs.....I think he enjoys it with us but a lot of us maybe put the fan goggles on too much.

Whenever we've had him at Hibs he's consistently turned in good performances so I'm good without the crawl-along-the-M8 theatrics if we get him.

Lago
22-07-2018, 01:28 PM
I personally doubt it. I don’t think McGinn will want both ourselves & St Mirren to miss out on a good fee considering what both clubs have done for his career so far.
Hope your right & I'm wrong :agree:

Partyraiser
22-07-2018, 03:40 PM
A guy in my work is pals with SA's dad. Apparently hibs have made no contact as yet, but he's defiantly keen to come back!:flag:

22-07-2018, 03:54 PM
A guy in my work is pals with SA's dad. Apparently hibs have made no contact as yet, but he's defiantly keen to come back!:flag:

Hopefully Hibs are just playing it cool and waiting for Celtic to make a meaningful offer for McGinn before Scotty is brought into the equation to seal the deal.

Northernhibee
22-07-2018, 04:15 PM
I don't think we need him. Mallan has vision as well but also has better set piece delivery and goals from midfield.

If SA were to become a free agent then there's an argument but there's no need to waste money on bringing him in now - we've brought in an upgrade.

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 04:18 PM
I don't think we need him. Mallan has vision as well but also has better set piece delivery and goals from midfield.

If SA were to become a free agent then there's an argument but there's no need to waste money on bringing him in now - we've brought in an upgrade.

No way is Mallan an upgrade on Allan mate. I like Mallan but Allan is a better all round player.

Northernhibee
22-07-2018, 04:19 PM
No way is Mallan an upgrade on Allan mate. I like Mallan but Allan is a better all round player.

Allan has outstanding vision but needs players around him doing the dirty work. The rest of his game isn't fantastic and if he's got people on him (like the last game vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie last season) he's entirely ineffective.

The vision to create assists is genuinely brilliant though.

Since90+2
22-07-2018, 04:20 PM

I think Mallan is more of a goal threat and takes a better set piece, Allan is more creative in open play and has better vision and can go past players easier.

Partyraiser
22-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Hopefully Hibs are just playing it cool and waiting for Celtic to make a meaningful offer for McGinn before Scotty is brought into the equation to seal the deal.

Hopefully mate. If/when McGinn goes, a midfield of allan and mallan in front of a new holding mid will be a force to be reckoned with!

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 04:24 PM
I think Mallan is more of a goal threat and takes a better set piece, Allan is more creative in open play and has better vision and can go past players easier.

That's why I think the two of them could easy play together and would be a real threat to any team.

Northernhibee
22-07-2018, 04:28 PM
That's why I think the two of them could easy play together and would be a real threat to any team.

TBH I think our priority should be a left winger, a centre half, two strikers and a McGinn like box to box midfielder as we're likely to lose him.

AgentDaleCooper
22-07-2018, 04:33 PM

If it worked, it would be at the expense of our defence - we'd have to score a barrowload to make up for being exposed at the back.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Scott Allan’s best season with us was in the championship where he got 2 goals and 20 assists in a team finishing 2nd.
Stevie Mallan’s last season for St. Mirren in the championship he got 11 goals and 22 assists in a team finishing 3rd bottom.
Scott Allan is quality but I don’t think people realise just what a good player Mallan is yet.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2018, 04:44 PM
TBH I think our priority should be a left winger, a centre half, two strikers and a McGinn like box to box midfielder as we're likely to lose him.

Replacement for Dylan? We def need a defensive mid more than we need a centre half.

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2018, 04:49 PM
If the choice was Mallan or Allan, I’d choose Mallan.

We’ll have both though.

The Leith Dutch
22-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Unless Efe goes I doubt we'll see a Centre Half signed and I suspect Slivka is seen as the McGinn replacement.
Left winger and strikers definitely though I'd still like to see Allan in there.

Quite surprised people would want us to spend much on the defense.
I think you could easily dump a massive amount of cash in there and not actually see much meaningful improvement.

May need something on the left and right side as backup but other than that I'm fairly happy defensively.

The Leith Dutch
22-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Scott Allan’s best season with us was in the championship where he got 2 goals and 20 assists in a team finishing 2nd.
Stevie Mallan’s last season for St. Mirren in the championship he got 11 goals and 22 assists in a team finishing 3rd bottom.
Scott Allan is quality but I don’t think people realise just what a good player Mallan is yet.

Genuine question - you think they could play together?

Thecat23
22-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Maybe he has and he's been told to wait to see how the McGinn situation plays out?

This. There is loads going on with this behind the scenes! Folk need to understand it’s not always a simple transfer. When Celtic are involved it’s never easy.

keep the faith
22-07-2018, 05:10 PM
This. There is loads going on with this behind the scenes! Folk need to understand it’s not always a simple transfer. When Celtic are involved it’s never easy.

Are hibs still interested in SA. I'm hoping so.

Nevi_SOL
22-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Hopefully mate. If/when McGinn goes, a midfield of allan and mallan in front of a new holding mid will be a force to be reckoned with!

I actually agree, which in turn will provide more goals from midfield something we have lacked for many a year

tonyrougier123
22-07-2018, 05:56 PM
we need a centre half as Hanlon and McGregor are missed when absent.we will need a combative baller in midfield if and probably if not mcginn goes.a left back for Stevenson cover/comp.right back effe can play there effectively with sdg, and whitty versatile across the park so sorted there.scott Allan in because guy is made for hibs.we have a striker shortage, and a winger for balance and tactical fluidity.so 6 ideally, just my opinion here guys, what's the general feeling on this? with outgoings sitting at 4 key players who left, only mallan replaced one possibly Allan's role so far, with kamberi the coup up top.work to be done and no doubting it is being done.who can step up this season? possibly porteous Shaw murray and martin but most unsure yet.people who can play more regular in midfield roles could be Bartley Martin and Murray,if no signings come in there.and slivka widely expected to step up this season also.

B.H.F.C
22-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Replacement for Dylan? We def need a defensive mid more than we need a centre half.

A replacement for Dylan is absolutely essential. We need someone in there who takes the ball deep and gets us playing. A striker is the other obvious thing we need IMO.

Unless we lose anyone, a centre half will be way down the shopping list.

G B Young
22-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Flo was more important imo, maybe Allan after him

Both are key. In my view they were the two who had the biggest part to play in kickstarting our season just as it looked to be slipping away from us. I'll be deeply disappointed if we don't manage to bring him back. Without McGeouch, Allan, Barker and McLaren from last season and with Mallan the only 'new' outfield face so far the squad is significantly weaker than the one which finished last season. Given that we are reported to be working with our biggest ever transfer budget it's frustrating that progress on any further signings appears to be grinding along at a snail's pace.

22-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Celtic have no use for Allan but they will be holding onto him for leverage in their McGinn bargaining. I imagine Allan is keen to return to hibs, we suit the style of football he thrives in and things just seem to click for him here.

The Leith Dutch
22-07-2018, 10:27 PM
we need a centre half as Hanlon and McGregor are missed when absent.

Don't disagree that they're missed but I'd be surprised if we sign a Centre Half.

We have three quality players in Hanlon, McGregor and Efe plus a good back up in Porteous.
Add to that the fact we can and will play two Centre Halfs in some games rather than three and I don't see where a player fits in.
I think they may even see Waugh as bench cover in a pinch where one of the Centre Halfs has a short term knock.

If we do sign I reckon it would be a utility defender that could cover left back and left centre half but honestly can't see it unless Ambrose moves on or we're intending to put Porteous out on loan.

Keyser Sauzee
22-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Celtic have no use for Allan but they will be holding onto him for leverage in their McGinn bargaining. I imagine Allan is keen to return to hibs, we suit the style of football he thrives in and things just seem to click for him here.

Therefore Celtic do actually have a use for him, hence dragging out the McGinn deal to get him as cheap as possible and using Allan as a makeweight.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Celtic play Rosenborg at Parkhead on Wednesday, if the McGinn situation is still dragging on it will be interesting to see if Allan is in Celtics squad for the match.

Hibeewilly
07-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Scotty wasn't in the Celtic squad on Saturday as everybody knows and has now been told he can go. Lets see what happens.....be interesting to see what sort of fee they want or if they would consider a loan

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Scotty wasn't in the Celtic squad on Saturday as everybody knows and has now been told he can go. Lets see what happens.....be interesting to see what sort of fee they want or if they would consider a loan

I must have missed that. Is there a link to quotes from Rogers stating this?

CRAZYHIBBY
07-08-2018, 05:38 PM
We should offer a paltry sum to take him now or wait till January and get him for nothing

Hibeewilly
07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
I must have missed that. Is there a link to quotes from Rogers stating this?
No you haven't missed anything HC...….I just got the info today from a very good source....no doubt it will be in the press the next few days

hibees 7062
07-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Hertz fans think they're signing him

Thecat23

No danger??

keep the faith
No you haven't missed anything HC...….I just got the info today from a very good source....no doubt it will be in the press the next few days

Come on hibs. Bring the boy home!!

hibees 7062
07-08-2018, 05:44 PM
No danger??

They seem very confident

weecounty hibby
07-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Hearts fans think??????? That's bound to give them sore heads

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:45 PM

:aok:

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:46 PM

No danger??

They seem very confidant

Hearts fans think??????? That's bound to give them sore heads

Unlikely. https://www.instagram.com/s.allan19/?hl=en

keep the faith
07-08-2018, 05:53 PM

What's he saying? I'm not on Instagram.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:54 PM

That’s his Insta, not being funny but what is it that I’m meant to be seeing bud? Just his normal pics!

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 05:55 PM

He's still got his picture of him playing in a Hibs jersey

keep the faith
07-08-2018, 05:56 PM
He's still got his picture of him playing in a Hibs jersey

Good. I'm certain he would jump at coming back.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:02 PM

Neither am I, check his profile pic. :wink:

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:03 PM
That’s his Insta, not being funny but what is it that I’m meant to be seeing bud? Just his normal pics!

His profile pic TC.

SaulGoodman
07-08-2018, 06:03 PM

He'll be instrumental in midfield along with McGeouch.

Sammy7nil
07-08-2018, 06:07 PM

Just click the link lots of photos of him in Hibs gear. TBF there are a few Celtic and Dundee too.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:07 PM
The lads class act. Really hope he comes back to us.

Heisenberg
07-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Scott Allan to Hearts? That’s a hilarious suggestion. They’ve been getting themselves excited about signing him for the last few seasons and it’s not happened yet.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Wheres this SA to Hearts chat coming from? Nothing at all on JBK about him.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:10 PM
His profile pic TC.

Wait I’m confused, I thought you said Hearts fans were confident they were getting Allan so posted a link to Insta. Then I see him in the Hibs strip I’m then lost. Or have I picked it up wrong and you were meaning we are confident of getting him?

Sorry it wasn’t you saying it. I get it now 😂👍🏼

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Wait I’m confused, I thought you said Hearts fans were confident they were getting Allan so posted a link to Insta. Then I see him in the Hibs strip I’m then lost. Or have I picked it up wrong and you were meaning we are confident of getting him?

Think he meant, if they saw his insta pics they wouldn’t want him!

Hermit Crab
Wait I’m confused, I thought he said Hearts fans were confident they were getting Allan so posted a link to Insta. Then I see him in the Hibs strip I’m then lost. Or have I picked it up wrong and he was meaning we are confident of getting him?

poster on here said hearts fans are confident of signing him (zero evidence) so I looked at SA's insta and seen his profile pic. Doesn't look like someone who's going to Hearts...

Diclonius
Offering Allan to Hearts is exactly the thing Lawell would try and do to spite us.

hfc rd
07-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Scott Allan to Hearts 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

SunshineOnLeith
07-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Hearts fans thought they were signing Liam Henderson. They're not that bright.

Elephant Stone
07-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Offering Allan to Hearts is exactly the thing Lawell would try and do to spite us.

What you basing this on?

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:21 PM
poster on here said hearts fans are confident of signing him (zero evidence) so I looked at SA's insta and seen his profile pic. Doesn't look like someone who's going to Hearts...

Yeah completely agree. No chance HC he’ll be going there.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Yeah completely agree. No chance HC he’ll be going there.

Nothing on JKB either....

Waxy
07-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Only certain clubs reduce themselves to be that petty. I reckon Celtic know it’s their own fault for not stumping up.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Nothing on JKB either....

Just had a look as well 😁 Must be rubbish, plus I honestly can’t see SA ever playing for Hearts. He wouldn’t shine there as they play a completely different way.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Just had a look as well 😁 Must be rubbish, plus I honestly can’t see SA ever playing for Hearts. He wouldn’t shine there as they play a completely different way.

Hooooooooof

Smartie
07-08-2018, 07:25 PM

He doesn't play in a position that suits the Hearts formation, as he is neither or hoofer nor a hooffee.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Hooooooooof

Exactly 😁

dalkeith stu
07-08-2018, 07:37 PM
#handitin!!!

weecounty hibby
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Hearts fans thought they were signing Liam Henderson. They're not that bright.

And Dylan, Sir David, Jamie, Deek and any number of others that eventually they ended up not signing as the weren't good enough apparently. Deluded fuds

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Be interesting to see if he's in Celtics squad tonight for their game v AEK. If he's not, dare we dream?

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Be interesting to see if he's in Celtics squad tonight for their game v AEK. If he's not, dare we dream?Makes no difference mate he wasn't in squad on Sat v Livi neither

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Makes no difference mate he wasn't in squad on Sat v Livi neither

Well maybe instead of sitting in the stand tonight he could at ER ironing out a deal no? :wink:

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Well maybe instead of sitting in the stand tonight he could at ER ironing out a deal no? :wink:Hopefully id like nothing more...

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Scott Allan NOT in tonight's Celtic squad.

SteveHFC
08-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Only certain clubs reduce themselves to be that petty. I reckon Celtic know it’s their own fault for not stumping up.

If Celtic had been realistic with the bids from the start they might have got him

snooky
08-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Just a thought.
If Celtc were childish enough to buy Scott Allan just to spite the Rangers, couldn't they sell him to Hearts to spite us?
:hmmm:

Keyser Sauzee
08-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Scott Allan NOT in tonight's Celtic squad.

Not sure why u have emphasised the NOT, are u surprised by this news?

Stanton
08-08-2018, 06:24 PM
They don't

I had a wee gander on Celtic forum and there is real anger towards Petrie and certainly a groundswell of opinion of no more loans to us .... we will struggle to match Allan's salary without the Tims underwriting it to some extent ....but they claim Rod kept moving the goalposts each time they bid and they claim Rod is posturing to get the senior SFA position and trying to show other clubs he can stand up to Lawwell ...
thats how it's been spun in timland ....certainly no talk of Hertz transfer business but definitely a vibe to no longer interact with us by way of loanee's etc
**** em :na na:

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 06:29 PM
They don't

I had a wee gander on Celtic forum and there is real anger towards Petrie and certainly a groundswell of opinion of no more loans to us .... we will struggle to match Allan's salary without the Tims underwriting it to some extent ....but they claim Rod kept moving the goalposts each time they bid and they claim Rod is posturing to get the senior SFA position and trying to show other clubs he can stand up to Lawwell ...
thats how it's been spun in timland ....certainly no talk of Hertz transfer business but definitely a vibe to no longer interact with us by way of loanee's etc

That’s fans tho, not the board

Onion
08-08-2018, 06:42 PM
They don't

In what way did Petrie move the goalposts ? Hibs and Lennon (one of their own) could not have been more clear about the value Hibs placed on SJM's head (£ 4-5 Million) and that we expected a lot of interest in the player. What signals did Hibs send Celtic that we'd be willing to accept a lowball offer of less than half that for our prized asset ? After £1.5M, did we give any indication that £1.75M would do the job ? NO, quite the opposite. And again after their lame ££1.75M, did Hibs suggest a further £250k was all that was needed ? No, quite the opposite.

Fact is Celtic have just EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES IN PUBLIC and now their fans are looking for anyone else to blame for it. This is a product of the same "we are the people" type attitude the Huns have got. How dare, a smaller Scottish club stand up for their own rights, and for a player to choose to go to Aston Villa ahead of Paradise. The poor wee lambs have egg on their face and have one person to blame - PL.

Kato
08-08-2018, 06:51 PM
In what way did Petrie move the goalposts ? Hibs and Lennon (one of their own) could not have been more clear about the value Hibs placed on SJM's head (£ 4-5 Million) and that we expected a lot of interest in the player. What signals did Hibs send Celtic that we'd be willing to accept a lowball offer of less than half that for our prized asset ? After £1.5M, did we give any indication that £1.75M would do the job ? NO, quite the opposite. And again after their lame ££1.75M, did Hibs suggest a further £250k was all that was needed ? No, quite the opposite.

Fact is Celtic have just EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES IN PUBLIC and now their fans are looking for anyone else to blame for it. This is a product of the same "we are the people" type attitude the Huns have got. How dare, a smaller Scottish club stand up for their own rights, and for a player to choose to go to Aston Villa ahead of Paradise. The poor wee lambs have egg on their face and have one person to blame - PL.

A lot of Celtic fans live in a fantasy world. I doubt its ever going to change. Celtic Fc cant force Scott Allan to go to Hearts, if the player wants to go is what every transfer hinges on these days. If we have to wait for him another season then that's that but it'll make Celtic look even pettier than they have done in the last few weeks.

Bob Box Fish
08-08-2018, 06:57 PM
I would be shocked if hibs signed Allan now after the McGinn shenanigans. I reckon he will go to Aberdeen on loan.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 07:06 PM
1-0 Celtic. They don't need him. :greengrin

Heisenberg
08-08-2018, 07:22 PM
I would be shocked if hibs signed Allan now after the McGinn shenanigans. I reckon he will go to Aberdeen on loan.

I don’t see why Celtc could be annoyed. We valued McGinn at a certain amount that they didn’t meet (until the last minute). The player chose to sign for Villa. If they were so desperate to get him they should’ve stumped up the cash.

Since90+2
08-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Celtic won't sell or loan us Allan now. No chance. Lawell will take the hump and a section of their fans wouldn't like it meaning he is even less likely to be accommodating.

I reckon Allan to Aberdeen , probably on loan, is likely to happen. Shame as he is a phenomenal player on his day.

Jim44
08-08-2018, 07:28 PM
I don’t see why Celtc could be annoyed. We valued McGinn at a certain amount that they didn’t meet (until the last minute). The player chose to sign for Villa. If they were so desperate to get him they should’ve stumped up the cash.

Peter Lawwell is the guy they should be gunning for. His stock with the fans has fairly plummeted with his McGinn botch up. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
08-08-2018, 07:29 PM
They don't

Not the impression I got on the McGinn thread on Kerrydale street.

They were very clear that Celtic embarrassed themselves and that it was purely down to Lawell and their board.

They also admitted to being embarrassed about having a 150+ page thread about a failed signing target!

I didn’t really read anything blaming Hibs.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2018, 07:32 PM
1-0 Celtic. They don't need him. :greengrin

1-1 they might now! :greengrin

Jim44
08-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Celtic won't sell or loan us Allan now. No chance. Lawell will take the hump and a section of their fans wouldn't like it meaning he is even less likely to be accommodating.

I reckon Allan to Aberdeen , probably on loan, is likely to happen. Shame as he is a phenomenal player on his day.

I wouldn’t be so sure on this one. Business is business and Celtic have a player they clearly don’t want and are paying a fair wage to have him sit on his erchie. Allan would probably like to come to ER so maybe some deal could be sorted out in the next few days.

G B Young
08-08-2018, 07:33 PM

I'd be surprised if the McGinn saga had any bearing on whether we get Allan back or not. It would be petty in the extreme if they dug their heels because they felt they'd somehow been hard done by. As you say, they lost out on a Hibs player they wanted but are they really going to stand in Allan's way if we offer them a realistic sum for him? Surely getting him off their books is in their best interests.

G B Young
08-08-2018, 07:36 PM
They don't

Why would we be looking for another loan deal? He didn't cost them anything and has rarely been near their first team squad so we should surely be looking to take him off their hands for a sum which reflects that.

madhatter
08-08-2018, 07:36 PM
I think we will wait until January to negotiate a contract with Allan. Can see Hyndman playing that role until then.

You can be certain Lawell will want as much money from Hibs for Allan as possible, he's their version of Petrie! Good at pushing up sales fees, reluctant to pay fees when buying though!

08-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I hope we get him and I think he wants to come back here but I can see Celtic playing hard ball here because we knocked them back for McGinn. I think he will come back but as I say I think Celtic will deliberately want to be difficult to deal with.

Jim44
08-08-2018, 08:06 PM
I think we will wait until January to negotiate a contract with Allan. Can see Hyndman playing that role until then.

You can be certain Lawell will want as much money from Hibs for Allan as possible, he's their version of Petrie! Good at pushing up sales fees, reluctant to pay fees when buying though!

If he’s going to push up the fee for Allan, he’s got to have some evidence to justify it. Splinters in his arse will not impress LD and RP.

Bob Box Fish
08-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Que Celtic asking for 1 million. Aberdeen on loan.

Speedway
08-08-2018, 08:09 PM
The sheep and Killie have enquired about SA according to Twitter.

WhileTheChief..
08-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Clubs lose out on their signing targets all the time. It’s happened to us plenty in the past and will do again.

I doubt very much that Lawell, Dempster, Petrie or whoever would spit the dummy over it. They’d never be able to deal with anyone if they took the huff all the time.

Bob Box Fish
08-08-2018, 08:11 PM
The sheep and Killie have enquired about SA according to Twitter.

Aberdeen enquired about 6 weeks ago then again last week.

Jim44
08-08-2018, 09:12 PM
All the blame for missing out on McGinn is going to be attributed to Lawwell and not down to Hibs stubbornness. Anyone with half a brain will see that Celtic failed to buy him and that we did not stop them buying him.

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Hope we move for him, love to see him back at ER

Cat Stanton
08-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Que Celtic asking for 1 million. Aberdeen on loan.

Qué..?

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 10:22 PM
I would be shocked if hibs signed Allan now after the McGinn shenanigans. I reckon he will go to Aberdeen on loan.I agree doubt they will be easy to deal with and the Hyndman signing reinforces Allan may not be coming back anytime soon??

BegbieHSC
08-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Be devastated if Celtic loaned him to the sheep out of spite.

tamig
08-08-2018, 10:29 PM
At the end of the day, the player himself ultimately decides where he goes. He can turn down anything celtc try to force through.

MoscowHibs
08-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Celtic supporting cousin of mine works for at Parkhead on matchdays, and the rumour going about tonight was that Lawell is really pissed with us, and that he wont deal with Hibs in any capacity. Im not surprised really, he comes across as a bit of a bellend.

Shrekko
08-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Hibs played fair with Celtic all the way through- we treated them the same as Villa. People really think they’ll be in the huff because we didn’t accept their first offers?

BegbieHSC
08-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Celtic supporting cousin of mine works for at Parkhead on matchdays, and the rumour going about tonight was that Lawell is really pissed with us, and that he wont deal with Hibs in any capacity. Im not surprised really, he comes across as a bit of a bellend.

He’s an utter ****** if that’s the attitude he’s taking. Utterly classless.

Stuart93
08-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Hibs played fair with Celtic all the way through- we treated them the same as Villa. People really think they’ll be in the huff because we didn’t accept their first offers?

Yes

CMurdoch
08-08-2018, 10:40 PM
We no longer have McGeoch and McGinn to do the dirty work in the midfield for Scott Allan so we may well be less keen on signing him at the moment.

Outwith Hibs Scott has played less than 100 games and he will soon be 27.
Our swashbuckling style definitely suits Scott and should he go to Aberdeen it may well not work out for him again.
Aberdeen would be a real risk. I would sit tight, collect my Celtic wage before signing a pre contract with Hibs at Christmas.

Lemonade
08-08-2018, 11:25 PM

Yes.

I'd be very surprised if we manage to get SA now.

Jim44
09-08-2018, 02:52 AM
I’ve said all along that Celtic would be difficult to deal with if they didn’t get McGinn. It appears that there is a personal power struggle between Petrie and Lawwell and this exacerbates the problem. If Allan really wants to come to ER and Lawwell is stubborn about it, he has options. He could go on loan to another club and sign a pre-contract with us in January. The danger there being that he might just hit it off with that club and sign a pre-contract with them. He could sit tight, as he is not obliged to go out on loan to a club of Celtic’s choosing, although being a pro, he will want game time. Sitting tight taking a reasonably big wage would not go down well with Celtic, but tough. They might consider negotiating a contract deal and cut their losses. He could ask for a transfer and negotiate an exit from Parkhead. Given Aberdeen’s continuing interest, I think that’s the likely outcome as I’m sure Allan would rather be a bit player for them rather than being a very occasional bench warmer and personna non grata with Celtic. I feel a bit sorry for the guy.

theonlywayisup
09-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Apologies, not read the thread.

My question - is there any evidence to suggest that Hibs have made any contact with Celtic regarding Allan?

Greenworld
09-08-2018, 06:50 AM
I’ve said all along that Celtic would be difficult to deal with if they didn’t get McGinn. It appears that there is a personal power struggle between Petrie and Lawwell and this exacerbates the problem. If Allan really wants to come to ER and Lawwell is stubborn about it, he has options. He could go on loan to another club and sign a pre-contract with us in January. The danger there being that he might just hit it off with that club and sign a pre-contract with them. He could sit tight, as he is not obliged to go out on loan to a club of Celtic’s choosing, although being a pro, he will want game time. Sitting tight taking a reasonably big wage would not go down well with Celtic, but tough. They might consider negotiating a contract deal and cut their losses. He could ask for a transfer and negotiate an exit from Parkhead. Given Aberdeen’s continuing interest, I think that’s the likely outcome as I’m sure Allan would rather be a bit player for them rather than being a very occasional bench warmer and personna non grata with Celtic. I feel a bit sorry for the guy.I can't disagree with much of what you say although it could also just be that PL called this one wrong.
Remember the player had the final say in where he was going so they can blame sjm if they want.
They matched the bid he choose to go elsewhere that's the fact here.
PL is a hard nosed business guy I don't think he will be loosing much sleep over it all.
If hibs want Allan then that will be dealt with in the same business manner it's all about money for PL if we bid enough we will get him .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

keep the faith
09-08-2018, 07:20 AM
I’ve said all along that Celtic would be difficult to deal with if they didn’t get McGinn. It appears that there is a personal power struggle between Petrie and Lawwell and this exacerbates the problem. If Allan really wants to come to ER and Lawwell is stubborn about it, he has options. He could go on loan to another club and sign a pre-contract with us in January. The danger there being that he might just hit it off with that club and sign a pre-contract with them. He could sit tight, as he is not obliged to go out on loan to a club of Celtic’s choosing, although being a pro, he will want game time. Sitting tight taking a reasonably big wage would not go down well with Celtic, but tough. They might consider negotiating a contract deal and cut their losses. He could ask for a transfer and negotiate an exit from Parkhead. Given Aberdeen’s continuing interest, I think that’s the likely outcome as I’m sure Allan would rather be a bit player for them rather than being a very occasional bench warmer and personna non grata with Celtic. I feel a bit sorry for the guy.

I disagree. Allan would be the main man for Aberdeen. Just as he would be for us. I think at times we undercook how good he was for us. He assist rate and workrate was sensational. With no SJM I think it's madness not to pay some decent cash to bring him in on a perm.

Jim44
09-08-2018, 07:27 AM
I disagree. Allan would be the main man for Aberdeen. Just as he would be for us. I think at times we undercook how good he was for us. He assist rate and workrate was sensational. With no SJM I think it's madness not to pay some decent cash to bring him in on a perm.

I can’t argue with what you say but I’m not quite clear on what exactly you disagree with in my post.

keep the faith
09-08-2018, 07:49 AM
I can’t argue with what you say but I’m not quite clear on what exactly you disagree with in my post.

We are on the same page mate. I think it was the suggestion that allan would be a bit part player at aberdeen i disagreed with.

Jim44
09-08-2018, 08:00 AM
We are on tje same page mate. I think it was the suggestion that allan would be a bit part player at aberdeen i disagreed with.

I didn't mean to suggest that he would be a bit player at Aberdeen. I was thinking that we rightly or wrongly think he is a great fit for Hibs only. He might very well fit in nicely up there as well and we would be in danger of losing out to them.

keep the faith
09-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I didn't mean to suggest that he would be a bit player at Aberdeen. I was thinking that we rightly or wrongly think he is a great fit for Hibs only. He might very well fit in nicely up there as well and we would be in danger of losing out to them.

Yep. I completely accept that I bang on about Allan but he is such a perfect fit here and joy to watch that i cant quite get my head round any idea that he is not our top signing priority.

ian cruise
09-08-2018, 10:54 AM

That rumour probably came from the Celtic blog. Their fans are bitter, I very much doubt Lawell or Rodgers are. Hell, Lawell probably called Petrie up to say "well played".

Let's be honest, SJM is a real talent but it is an area Celtic are already strong in, they probably didn't really need him and his arrival would have created selection issues when they've other areas they do need to strengthen. I can't imagine this affects the clubs business relationship in the slightest.