PDA

View Full Version : Lee Westwood - Open Golf

Greenbeard
21-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Now lives in Edinburgh. Supports Notts Forest but says he's been meaning to get to a game at Easter Road. Let's see if he lives up to his promise to wear green at Carnoustie on Sunday to demo a preference for the better team in Edinburgh. Tried to persuade him to go white shirt, green sleeveless jumper on top!

Hibbyradge
21-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Now lives in Edinburgh. Supports Notts Forest but says he's been meaning to get to a game at Easter Road. Let's see if he lives up to his promise to wear green at Carnoustie on Sunday to demo a preference for the better team in Edinburgh. Tried to persuade him to go white shirt, green sleeveless jumper on top!

Nice one. Where did you meet him?

Jim44
22-07-2018, 12:01 AM

Are you dating him? If he’s in red or dirty red can we assume your romance is fleeting and finished?
Remember that his wardrobe for the week will be have been sorted. Don’t be too disappointed. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
22-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Are you dating him? If he’s in red or dirty red can we assume your romance is fleeting and finished?
Remember that his wardrobe for the week will be have been sorted. Don’t be too disappointed. :greengrin

Bummer.

houstonhibbee
22-07-2018, 01:55 AM
Bummer.
Lives in morningside and a member of mortonhall with his son

tam4hibs
22-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Lives in morningside and a member of mortonhall with his son

No he doesn't and no he's not...
Lives in the new town (townhouse) and a member of Renaissance. He played mortonhall once for a knock around with his son.

Can regularly be seen at the braids though.

Billy Whizz
22-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Lives in the new town (townhouse) and a member of Renaissance. He played mortonhall once for a knock around with his son.

What brought him to live in Edinburgh, much as we all think it’s a great city

jodjam
22-07-2018, 07:09 AM
What brought him to live in Edinburgh, much as we all think it’s a great city

Married to a Scots lass. Andrew Coltart’s sister

Billy Whizz
22-07-2018, 07:09 AM

Ok ta

22-07-2018, 07:11 AM
He is, or was (?), married to Andrew Coltart's sister I think? And his kid used got go to school here, again I think.

HibbyAndy
22-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Played some of the best golf courses in the world and can be regularly seen playing at the Braids that's mental

Allant1981
22-07-2018, 08:21 AM

think they divored in the last year or so

Golden Bear
22-07-2018, 08:30 AM
I've seen him a couple of times at the Braids driving range.

Tobias Funke
22-07-2018, 08:36 AM
think they divored in the last year or so

Yeah, she moved to East Lothian and he moved up here to be closer to his kids.

Gaz
22-07-2018, 09:04 AM
wearing navy blue and white maybe like Dundee 🤔

johnbc70
22-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Well story in the paper not that long ago about him donating stuff to a charity shop in Morningside because he lived close by.

Maybe he has 2 houses, he could afford it.

johnbc70
22-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Played some of the best golf courses in the world and can be regularly seen playing at the Braids that's mental

Especially if it's Braids 2 (does that even exist as its been years)

tam4hibs
22-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Well story in the paper not that long ago about him donating stuff to a charity shop in Morningside because he lived close by.

Maybe he has 2 houses, he could afford it.

He does also have a place on Tyneside. Think he's back there more following his spit from Laurae.

But defo stays in town. No many charity shops in the West end so maybe just popped up there post Braids practice.

Either way: good guy and promotes Scottish Golf well.

BroxburnHibee
22-07-2018, 09:30 AM
I'd imagine this guy has memberships all over the world and I don't see whats wrong with him playing the Braids, its a cracking wee course.

Scooter
22-07-2018, 09:34 AM
His son and daughter both go to uni here

HibbyAndy
22-07-2018, 10:16 AM
I'd imagine this guy has memberships all over the world and I don't see whats wrong with him playing the Braids, its a cracking wee course.

There's nowt wrong with him playing at the Braids i agree

G B Young
22-07-2018, 10:18 AM
The most high-profile Hibs supporting golfer was always Bernard Gallacher.

Raymond Russell was another. Nowhere near as successful as Gallacher though I remember him finishing in the top four at the Open once. Not sure if he's still on the circuit but he did used to wear green and white if he was in contention for a title on the final day.

Westwood seems to me a bit like the English equivalent of Colin Montgomerie. Terrific player but just lacking that extra something required to land a major.

CLASS OF 72 -73
22-07-2018, 10:28 AM
The most high-profile Hibs supporting golfer was always Bernard Gallacher.

Raymond Russell was another. Nowhere near as successful as Gallacher though I remember him finishing in the top four at the Open once. Not sure if he's still on the circuit but he did used to wear green and white if he was in contention for a title on the final day.

Westwood seems to me a bit like the English equivalent of Colin Montgomerie. Terrific player but just lacking that extra something required to land a major.

True but no where near as miserable as Monty!

KWJ
22-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Braids may be a council course but it is some walk. Knackering too!

Lago
22-07-2018, 11:55 AM
I was under the impression that he had moved to Florida to improve his golf. Is that in the past?

Dr Jimmy
22-07-2018, 12:05 PM
True but no where near as miserable as Monty!

Or as good.

J-C
22-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Jack Nicklaus once described the Braids as the best municipal course in the world.

WoreTheGreen
22-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Jack Nicklaus once described the Braids as the best municipal course in the world.

Braids 2 is a great wee 9 hole course which suits me because i’am pish

southsider
22-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Lee donated a few things for a charity auction at Craigmiller Park Golf Club. Don’t play - just use the bar !