PDA

View Full Version : Question Worst Ever Hibs Player?

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Who's everyones worst ever Hibs player then?

We've had a few howlers over the years so could be interesting.:greengrin

I'll go with the Gambian Roberto Carlos, the one and only Mr Pa Saikou Kujabi, closely followed by Owain Tudur Jones.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Zibi

SaulGoodman
21-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Islam Feruz

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Islam Feruz

I raise you Earl Jean. :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
21-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Big Konte has to be up there as the most technically inept footballer I’ve ever seen. Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as bad as him play the game.

Rowan Vine, James Collins, Liam Craig and more or less the entire relegation team minus Hanlon, Lewis and Jason would stake a claim for worst ever in a Hibs jersey even if they did ok at other clubs at different points.

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Zibi

Yeah, he was pretty gash too.

keep the faith
21-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Alan o Brian. Based on Games played, contribution, cost to the club and sheer uselessness, he is pound for pound the worst ever.

sauzee6_2
21-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Lee power.

Nothing against him personally however his signing and subsequent performances leave a bitter taste.....closely followed by Paul tosh and rowan vine!

heidtheba
21-07-2018, 11:22 PM
(David) Elliot? and Jamie McQuilken. Weren't those the two who we basically got in and got rid of Crunchie to enable this to happen?
Boy did I hate them for that. I seem to remember that one of them was a position swap for McAllister or that the money gained from flogging him to Falkirk allowed these transfers to happen.
Utter. Garbage.

DickieDastardly
21-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Eduardo Hurtardo or Mark Caughey (the World Cup star [or not]), just a couple as there are loads 😂

jimmyboco#1
21-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Edwin De Graf

jimmyboco#1
21-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Tom Soares

oldbutdim
Worst ever Hibs Player.

Worst ever Hibs Poster?

silverhibee
Liam Craig

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 11:28 PM
We have sat and watched some utter crap over the years eh. Now we seem to be getting what we finally deserve on the park.

jimmyboco#1
21-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Concur with Liam Craig

jimmyboco#1
21-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Paul Hartley

IGRIGI
21-07-2018, 11:31 PM
From a technical standpoint I'd say Tony Caig beats Zibi to top spot in the GK category, I still don't how understand how someone with no agility whatsoever can make it as a GK.

Nevi_SOL
21-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Daniel boateng

villahibs
21-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Ryan McGivern. Seen some guff in the last 40 years but he was just awful... the way he gave the ball away for the first Hamilton goal in the play off, the clueless stroll back ending with the trip over his own player was some of the most shambolic, unforgivable defending I’ve seen...

villahibs
21-07-2018, 11:38 PM
From a technical standpoint I'd say Tony Caig beats Zibi to top spot in the GK category, I still don't how understand how someone with no agility whatsoever can make it as a GK.

Ma-Kalambay is the worst keeper I’ve seen at Easter Road by a mile. He left 8 years ago and has played 12 matches since 😂. Think that pretty much says it all!

jabis
21-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Worst ever Hibs Player.

Worst ever Hibs Poster?

Hmmmm ,hermit or jimmyboco,both of whom weirdly,my spellchecker went for"kickback"

Austinho
21-07-2018, 11:43 PM
Zibi

Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Lee Power
Owain Tudor Jones
Alan O’Brien

Amadou Konte
Rowan Vine
Paul Tosh

Manager: Terry Butcher

That was painful.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-07-2018, 11:45 PM
That mat docherty ****...the one who thought it was hilarious after we got humped by hearts

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Hmmmm ,hermit or jimmyboco,both of whom weirdly,my spellchecker went for"kickback"

Full on slaver this.

Cod Boy
21-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Tony Caig

leither17
22-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Danny Haynes

Centre Hawf
22-07-2018, 12:07 AM
Concur with Liam Craig

Nah Liam Craig was far from the worst player. The guy actually had something about him and tried, scored goals too. Not saying he was great but I was fairly happy to see him stick around the next season at least.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Concur with Liam Craig
Big time. Absolute imposter of a football player who had the unique ability to mark himself out of a game.

snooky
22-07-2018, 12:13 AM
TBH we shouldn't be about the worst player - they all tried their level best, I'm sure. How's about naming the ones who signed them?

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 12:18 AM
TBH we shouldn't be about the worst player - they all tried their level best, I'm sure. How's about naming the ones who signed them?
The managers all tried their best imo. How about the ones that appointed them?

22-07-2018, 12:22 AM
Jeezo, pre-relegation we have a list as long as your arm. In my time watching hibs heres a few I'd go with:

Alan O'Brien - "Sproule on a motorbike" :rolleyes: One of the most chicken hearted players I've ever seen in a hibs top. Absolutely guff especially since everyone had so much hope for him when he first signed.

Rowan Vine - Absolutely brutal. If he's a football player then theres hope for us all. Truly garbage.

Zibi - need I say more!

Pa Kujabi - That free kick he took from outside the box that ended up going straight out for a throw in pretty much tells you everything you need to know about him

snooky
22-07-2018, 12:25 AM
The managers all tried their best imo. How about the ones that appointed them?
Fair point :greengrin

Austinho
22-07-2018, 12:26 AM
Alan O'Brien - "Sproule on a motorbike" :rolleyes: One of the most chicken hearted players I've ever seen in a hibs top. Absolutely guff especially since everyone had so much hope for him when he first signed.I remember on a few occasions AoB receiving the ball out wide, getting his head down and running as fast as he could with the ball - only to run straight out of play with it.

22-07-2018, 12:29 AM
That mat docherty ****...the one who thought it was hilarious after we got humped by hearts

Not the absolute worst player ability wise but an absolutely stinking attitude as his post 2012 cup final tweet demonstrated. Sadly I think it summed up the attitude of a lot of that team - gutless wage thieves who really couldn't give a **** and were just happy to pick up their final wage and leave.

This thread is a massive reminder in how far we've come as a club. Look at the standard of signing we just became used to, any talent we brought through the ranks was sold off and replaced by that lot, its no wonder we spiraled to the depths of relegation. Season after season after season of bringing in no-mark journeymen from the lower English leagues or such like.

stoneyburn hibs
22-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Colin Murdock, sticks in the craw. I don't know how this guy was given so much game time
Tbh during his time and before/after we really did have some jobbies.

Austinho
22-07-2018, 12:33 AM
This thread is a massive reminder in how far we've come as a club. Look at the standard of signing we just became used to, any talent we brought through the ranks was sold off and replaced by that lot, its no wonder we spiraled to the depths of relegation. Season after season after season of bringing in no-mark journeymen from the lower English leagues or such like.Yet many people are panicking because we’ve hardly signed anyone yet. Our targets this year are several levels above what we’ve been accustomed to - a far better strategy than just getting numbers through the door.

22-07-2018, 12:59 AM
Yet many people are panicking because we’ve hardly signed anyone yet. Our targets this year are several levels above what we’ve been accustomed to - a far better strategy than just getting numbers through the door.

100%

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2018, 01:06 AM

100% lol

Eduardo Hurtado for me. Cant properly describe how bad that guy was.

mikewynne
22-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Kuqi

Gloucester Hibs
22-07-2018, 01:24 AM
Alan O’Brien - ticks so many of the boxes that IMO make up the worst player criteria.

Played a significant number of games. We may have had worse (doubtful) but surely nobody who had the run of games AOB had, was a starter for pretty much 2 seasons.
“Marquee signing”
Came with a rep (Republic of Ireland international, like Ivan Sproule on a motorbike, but with an end product!)
Chicken-hearted
Almost zero contribution; I can recall one solitary assist (albeit v Hearts) and zero goals in 2 seasons.

TelaStella
22-07-2018, 01:39 AM
Liam Craig definitely not the worst we’ve had for me. Never a captain or a penalty taker but certainly nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Moved on at the right time and always felt it regrettable things never worked out for both him and the club, sure I’ve heard he grew up a Hibby. Anyway back to the main topic, Alan O’Brian’s a very strong shout, Shelton Martis, Zibi and Nish are all the first to spring to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austinho
22-07-2018, 01:56 AM
Almost zero contribution; I can recall one solitary assist (albeit v Hearts) and zero goals in 2 seasons.Anyone any idea which Hibs striker has the worst goals to game ratio?

A lazy search had Rowan Vine, Shefki Kuqi and Jonathan Johansson with a combined total of 32 appearances and 0 goals. Amadou Konte has 1 goal in 27 appearances and Paul Tosh had 1 goal in 22.

badabing67
22-07-2018, 02:01 AM
James Collins got him from Swindon cost a packet for 6 goals

macd123
22-07-2018, 02:29 AM
Brian Kerr

Austinho
22-07-2018, 02:51 AM
Brian Kerrhttps://youtu.be/xSju3mYuo2o?t=5m55s

huggie1875
22-07-2018, 02:59 AM
prob wrong spelling but a striker we got from iceland Bjanfour Laursen was bloody awful

southern hibby
22-07-2018, 03:33 AM
For me it’s Jarko Wiss. Never seen anyone as bad as him in a Hibs top.

GGTTH

IanM
22-07-2018, 05:17 AM
Kuqi .. the epitome of that era.
Fat, *****, fat and *****

The single most fattest and ******* player during the ******* of times

ToffeeCabbage
22-07-2018, 05:34 AM
There have been a few belters! Unfortunately too many of them have been in the last 10 years but as a few have said we have come a long way since then! Pretty much anybody Fenlon/Butcher era qualifies but folk suggesting Liam Craig are way off. I could make an argument for a dozen players but Docherty wins for me. Nothing about ability but I'll never forgive him for that day and his attitude afterwards. For me, he comfortably wins the award.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jax67
22-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Abdi zarabi for me. He was an Algerian left back who asked to have his contract dissolved because he was so far out of his depth. IIrc.

BILLYHIBS
22-07-2018, 06:36 AM
Big Dave ! Felt sorry for him,didnae really get a chance at first team level looked akward and cumbersome when introduced nothing like his you tube videos but hey he was Slivkas mate reckon Lenny had seen enough in Training probably needed to free up his wage to bring in better quality.

Weir07
22-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Colin Murdock, sticks in the craw. I don't know how this guy was given so much game time

There are a fair number of options but Colin Murdock is my pick too, a truly dreadful centre half, I have absolutely no idea how he was ever picked up by Manchester United.

BILLYHIBS
22-07-2018, 06:48 AM
There are a fair number of options but Colin Murdock is my pick too, a truly dreadful centre half, I have absolutely no idea how he was ever picked up by Manchester United.
Took his penalty well in the shoot out at Hampden versus the old full fat Rangers :thumbsup:

Working as a lawyer / barrister now I believe so well out of harms way!

GlesgaeHibby
22-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Abdi zarabi for me. He was an Algerian left back who asked to have his contract dissolved because he was so far out of his depth. IIrc.

He was truly dire, moved like he had concrete in his boots.

If Zibi is getting mentioned then Simon Brown has to get thrown in alongside him. Awful goalie, and arguably even worse than Zibi.

Ralphy C
22-07-2018, 06:54 AM
It never worked out at Hibs for Liam Craig like he or we would have wanted, but to suggest he is our worst player is nonsense, reminds me a little of Danny Swanson just now, great player in there but just cant seem to get going. While looking the part though David Stephen would be my pick for worst ever.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2018, 07:01 AM
MakaCalamity

Forza Fred
22-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Worst I saw was Konte.

I first saw him in a friendly against Vale of Leithen and he was outclassed!

Kojock
22-07-2018, 07:10 AM
The Miller brothers.

basehibby
22-07-2018, 07:28 AM

Well done - was trying to remember the name of this truly abysmal signing. Only Shefi Cuqui competes in terms of sheer gashness in a Hibs shirt - with dishonerable mention for uber-donkey centre half Craig Nelson.

bigwheel
22-07-2018, 07:37 AM

His is right up there for me too...woeful...

Another who should never have worn the green is Joe Keenan... nowhere near good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidDavidGray
22-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Zibi

Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Lee Power
Owain Tudor Jones
Alan O’Brien

Amadou Konte
Rowan Vine
Paul Tosh

That was painful.

That team would stop Celtic getting ten in a row.

One Day
22-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Joe Ward anyone?

Clarence
22-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Derek Anderson who played in 6 games for us during 98/99 when we were in div 1 always sticks out in my mind as being particularly dreadful.

Pretty Boy
22-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Owain Tudur Jones.

Barely played due to injury but was never off the golf course, was utter gash when he did play and put in the most pathetic attempt at a tackle I've ever seen in the lead up to Hamiltons equlaiser in the play offs.

Waste of a strip and waste of a wage.

hibbybob
22-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Joe Ward anyone?

I'll see your Joe Ward and raise you Mike Conroy - non trying useless c*%t.

James70
22-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Has to be Alan O'Brien for me, a complete imposter of a footballer.

hibbydog
22-07-2018, 08:23 AM
For disrespecting the club, the jersey and the fans it has to be Matt Doherty. Despicable **** who makes my blood boil.

BegbieHSC
22-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Zibi

Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Lee Power
Owain Tudor Jones
Alan O’Brien

Amadou Konte
Rowan Vine
Paul Tosh

That was painful.

Stuff of nightmares that squad

Hibernian Verse
22-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Hmmmm ,hermit or jimmyboco,both of whom weirdly,my spellchecker went for"kickback"Whilst Hermit Crab can negative at times, he does know how to use the English language.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Liam Craig doesn't even make top 50, some bad trolling that is.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Mark Oxley. Every bit as bad as Brown and Zibi and made as many howlers as the two of them put together but luckily none were against Hearts so they seem to have been erased from memory

southsider
22-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Liam Craig doesn't even make top 50, some bad trolling that is.

Stuart Turnbull, Martin Henderson or Aly Scott

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Mark Oxley. Every bit as bad as Brown and Zibi and made as many howlers as the two of them put together but luckily none were against Hearts so they seem to have been erased from memory

You're trying too hard man, give up.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 09:44 AM
You're trying too hard man, give up.
I’ll challenge you on this again.

Name me any number of howlers from the above goalkeepers and I’ll match it with one from Oxley.

I predict that once again you’ll decline and just start throwing trolling accusations about. Great debating there champ.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 09:49 AM
I’ll challenge you on this again.

Name me any number of howlers from the above goalkeepers and I’ll match it with one from Oxley.

I predict that once again you’ll decline and just start throwing trolling accusations about. Great debating there champ.
You genuinely claim he made as many mistakes as both of them combined? Assume you're counting made up one's as well? Ibrox free kick and Mackay goal at Easter Road for example?

If we're talking genuine clear howlers that 90% will agree on it isn't even close.

Sir David Gray
22-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Zibi

Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Lee Power
Owain Tudor Jones
Alan O’Brien

Amadou Konte
Rowan Vine
Paul Tosh

That was painful.

I honestly think last season's Brechin side wouldn't have beaten that team.

IGRIGI
22-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Graeme Smith, the keeper who was very decent for Motherwell and then rivalled Grobbelaar at Hibs for match fixing allegations given his performance in the 6 all game.

hibsbollah
22-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Worst I saw was Konte.

I first saw him in a friendly against Vale of Leithen and he was outclassed!

Crazy talk. Got us into Europe, invented The Duck move, and The Giraffe Dive and was a regular feature entertaining the fans at the Central Bar VIP Lounge.

If we take into account ability, expectation cost vs end product it's Makalambay or Alan O Brien. Two expensive signatures that were supposed to make a difference but made everything worse. Liam Craig deserves a mention asthe captain that took us down and not making the most of his abilities.

Jamesie
22-07-2018, 09:55 AM

If it hadn’t been for Oxley losing his contact lens we might not have won the Scottish Cup though!

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 09:57 AM
You genuinely claim he made as many mistakes as both of them combined? Assume you're counting made up one's as well? Ibrox free kick and Mackay goal at Easter Road for example?

If we're talking genuine clear howlers that 90% will agree on it isn't even close.
You assume wrong, I’m counting neither of those.

When you’re ready :aok:

heidtheba
22-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Graeme Smith, the keeper who was very decent for Motherwell and then rivalled Grobbelaar at Hibs for match fixing allegations given his performance in the 6 all game.

Was just about to post this, almost word for word too (although your Grobbelaar point is better!) If I had to pick one player who displayed utter fan-dan technique in one game, it would be him in that game. At least I felt Zibi would have been trying to keep the ball out the net...

heidtheba
22-07-2018, 10:06 AM
McGivern is an interesting one. I think a good few people on here were actually happy when we signed him permanently. What the heck happened to him to bring him from the decent level he was at, to the one he was for the play-offs? That to me is one of our biggest improvements, we tend now to make players better when they come to us. I think Liam Craig might have suffered from elements of that in his first season here.

Diclonius
22-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Liam Craig was a decent player in a bad team.

Our worst ever player is Zibi by a mile.

overdrive
22-07-2018, 10:07 AM
If it hadn’t been for Oxley losing his contact lens we might not have won the Scottish Cup though!

Ironically, that was one of the few times (possibly the only time) he got booked for time wasting after spending the best part of two seasons actually time wasting.

Just Jimmy
22-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Zibi by miles. He impacted more games by being an absolute huddy than anyone else in hibs history.

Folk say Simon Brown and caig but even they didn't cost us as many games.

Mowbray loses so much respect for persisting with that clown.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 10:13 AM
You assume wrong, I’m counting neither of those.

When you’re ready :aok:
Not sure it's a game I'm very interested in playing, especially on a nice day like this. No doubt you'll take that as a win so well done 😊

I think the fact that you, someone regularly accused of trolling on here, are the only one who ever mentions Oxley on threads like this is proof that he isn't in that bracket.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Not sure it's a game I'm very interested in playing, especially on a nice day like this. No doubt you'll take that as a win so well done 😊

I think the fact that you, someone regularly accused of trolling on here, are the only one who ever mentions Oxley on threads like this is proof that he isn't in that bracket.
You would be absolutely correct on that point. Until next time 👍🏼

hfc rd
22-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Zibi by miles. He impacted more games by being an absolute huddy than anyone else in hibs history.

Folk say Simon Brown and caig but even they didn't cost us as many games.

Mowbray loses so much respect for persisting with that clown.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

One of the biggest mistakes he made when he was manager here was give him a new contract. I was absolutely annoyed when I heard that Zibi had signed a new deal. It was the weakest area in a very good entertaining Hibs team back then.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 10:20 AM
You would be absolutely correct on that point. Until next time 👍🏼

Happy for you but much happier for me who has better things to do than feed trolls.

Col_0762
22-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Ross Chisolm; all he done was point!
Sean O’Hanlon; a Cowdenbeath game springs to mind. We freed him and he went on trial to Bonnyrigg!
Paul Tosh; minging, just minging! Used to hate Chris Jackson as well around that time. Always mind my old man going mental at him as he had to keep tying his boot laces during one game. Must have been a good half a dozen times he was bent down sorting them while the game went on around him. Was unreal. Plus he scored that peach against us at Stirling Albion through there, think it knocked us out. Maybe in a replay.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 10:34 AM
I predict that once again you’ll decline and just start throwing trolling accusations about.

Not sure it's a game I'm very interested in playing

Happy for you but much happier for me who has better things to do than feed trolls.

For my next trick, I’ll predict next weeks euromillions numbers:cb

Pretty Boy
22-07-2018, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't even have Zibi as our worst keeper in recent memory. He has a fair few good games, his mistakes tended to come in really big games though so it makes them harder to forgive.

For utter hopelessness it has to be Tony Caig. I have honestly never seen a less atheltic looking goalkeeper. It took him an age to get down, he couldn't jump, his kicking was awful and he looked ridiculously unfit. 2 games spring to mind. Against Partick Thistle at home, came on as a sub after Colgan (I think) was sent off. First effort he had to face was a free kick, rolled along the ground, 4 yards to the side of him and he flopped over and didn't even get near it. Second was when we were pumped at home v Dunfermilne. Anyone who was there won't need reminding, he was pathetic. In the opening weeks of that season he shipped 5 to Hearts and 4 each to Rangers and Dunfermilne. It was no shock our piss poor league form improved when that imposter was dropped.

The_Horde
22-07-2018, 10:38 AM
The way some go on, whittaker mark 2 should be in that side. Thankfully Lenny isn't so stupid.

KWJ
22-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Paul Tosh.
Murdock saved by his pen in 04 semi.

bigwheel
22-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Has anyone mention Jamie
Mcquilken yet ? [emoji102][emoji102]

Since90+2
22-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Daniel Boateng has to be a contender.

Hibiza
22-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Tosh : aptly named.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 11:03 AM
For my next trick, I’ll predict next weeks euromillions numbers:cb

I'm genuinely happy for you as I say, definitely needed this victory more than me.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Paul Dalgliesh up there too.

erin go bragh
22-07-2018, 11:11 AM
He played his part in our historic Scottish cup win .
More chance he is in our top five in the last 10 years , than the worst.
Did you catch him in bed with Camille 🤔😜

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm genuinely happy for you as I say, definitely needed this victory more than me.
Defeatist mentality from you that got us relegated in the first place.

Hiber-nation
22-07-2018, 11:14 AM
From the 70/80s - Roddy McKenzie, Jas K Brown, Duncan Lambie, Joe Ward

Can't really think of too many that stood out in the 90s. Jamie McQuilken maybe.

In more recent times there have been quite a few - Zibi, Caig, Konte, Kuqi, Vine, Haynes, Boateng, Tudur Jones.

To even mention Liam Craig, Colin Nish and Oxley in that company is attention seeking nonsense. Although I could throw Michael Nelson into the mix and some might accuse me of doing the same!

supermcginn
22-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Tudor jones. A complete disgrace in terms of quality and attitude.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Defeatist mentality from you that got us relegated in the first place.

Definitely not, I just recognise that you're desperate for this and are trying very hard for it. So many threads, so many posts, never seen anything like it on here. Glad to see, as usual, everyone else just laughing at you.

pollution
22-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Brian Hamilton. For a player with latent ability he was a complete let down.

How Alex Miller sold him to Hearts for the same price we paid for him is a mystery to this day for me.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 11:31 AM
He played his part in our historic Scottish cup win .
More chance he is in our top five in the last 10 years , than the worst.
Did you catch him in bed with Camille 🤔😜
He certainly did. Thankfully his part ended when it did though.

Incidentally, Simon Brown played his part in our last top 3 finish and he was still crap.

Zibi played his part in a top 4 finish and our cup win in 2007 and he was still crap.

Makalambay and Graeme Smith played their parts in our last top 4 finish until last season and they were both crap.

Being a crap player in a good team doesn’t make you a good player imo

hfc rd
22-07-2018, 11:34 AM

How Alex Miller sold him to Hearts for the same price we paid for him is a mystery to this day for me.

I was a little young back then, was he a success at hearts?

pollution
22-07-2018, 11:38 AM
I was a little young back then, was he a success at hearts?

He did score against us next time there was a derby!

But overall, not really although he seemed happier there.

cleanyman
22-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Its Rowan Vine.

cleanyman
22-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Tudor jones. A complete disgrace in terms of quality and attitude.

This.

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Definitely not, I just recognise that you're desperate for this and are trying very hard for it. So many threads, so many posts, never seen anything like it on here. Glad to see, as usual, everyone else just laughing at you.
If by ‘so many threads’ you mean a grand total of 3 this year then fair enough. I don’t think that 3 in 8 months is a lot but happy to disagree on that.

And if my average of 1.3posts a day is ‘so many posts’ that you’ve never seen anything like, then what exactly does that make your average of 1.9 posts per day? If you’re going to try and slag someone off for posting too much then it’s probably best to make sure that you don’t post more than they do :cb

Anyway, I feel this has gone very far off track and your decision to insult me instead of discussing football matters is only going to end one way. If you want to talk football with the adults then I’ll happily continue, otherwise please do run along.

Zazu62
22-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Calderwood signed a midfielder from Nottingham forest I think can’t remember his name tho

Unseen work
Was just looking through recent squads and some of the players I had thought would be good but turned out awful or making no impact

Stephen Pinau
Alan O’Brien
Dénes Rósa
Fabian Yantorno
Torben Joneleit
Patrick Noubissié
David Stephens
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
Victor Pallson

Unseen work
Calderwood signed a midfielder from Nottingham forest I think can’t remember his name tho

Matt Thornhill

Craig_HFC
22-07-2018, 12:12 PM
This thread is, as Gordon Sawers would scream down the lens of a camera, is destroying my happiness.

cmcd
22-07-2018, 12:13 PM

He was appreciated by his team mates .Does that not tell you something?? Am I the only poster who thinks this thread is awful.?

Bobo
22-07-2018, 12:19 PM
MakaCalamity

I'm with you, MaKalamby was an escapee from Billy Smart's Circus 🤡 a total abhorration!

superfurryhibby
22-07-2018, 12:19 PM
He was appreciated by his team mates .Does that not tell you something?? Am I the only poster who thinks this thread is awful.?

Agreed, I have barely looked at it. Devoid of any class in my view.

As for the likes of Hamilton, ridic that he could be mentioned in this context.

HoboHarry
22-07-2018, 12:32 PM

No you aren't. It's really very sad that a supposed Hibs fan would create a thread berating ex Hibs players. Hibs class my a**e.....

Centre Hawf
22-07-2018, 12:36 PM
He certainly did. Thankfully his part ended when it did though.

Incidentally, Simon Brown played his part in our last top 3 finish and he was still crap.

Zibi played his part in a top 4 finish and our cup win in 2007 and he was still crap.

Makalambay and Graeme Smith played their parts in our last top 4 finish until last season and they were both crap.

Being a crap player in a good team doesn’t make you a good player imo

No ones really saying he was a good player, if he was a good player he would still be here. But to suggest he was the WORST player ever is nonsense, he's not even the worst keeper, you've listed 3 keepers who are worse than him. He suited us at that time but we needed to move on from him to grow and we did that.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 12:43 PM

No you aren't. It's really very sad that a supposed Hibs fan would create a thread berating ex Hibs players. Hibs class my a**e.....

Nobody forced you to open the thread or indeed post a reply on it. Don't start all this Hibs class rubbish, we regularly slag off professional players of other teams on here. Is that "Hibs Class?"

Theres currently a thread slagging off other clubs as well, is that "Hibs Class?"

shetlandhibee
22-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Shefki Kuqi .!! has to be up there without a shadow of doubt IMO:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2018, 01:14 PM

I'll go with the Gambian Roberto Carlos, the one and only Mr Pa Saikou Kujabi, closely followed by Owain Tudur Jones.

Not a Hibs Class thread. ;-)

HoboHarry
22-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Nobody forced you to open the thread or indeed post a reply on it. Don't start all this Hibs class rubbish, we regularly slag off professional players of other teams on here. Is that "Hibs Class?"

Theres currently a thread slagging off other clubs as well, is that "Hibs Class?"

Just like you do, I'll post wherever I like. Thanks for playing though......

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Just like you do, I'll post wherever I like. Thanks for playing though......

You do that, thanks for your outstanding contributing to the thread. :aok:

basehibby
22-07-2018, 01:35 PM

If you watch the highlights of that game you should see that Smith is well and trully clattered at 6-2 such that he needed treatment. I always thought that affected his performance thereafter - not sure if concussed or nursing a dull one elsewhere but after that he wasn't at the races. Typically the idiot ref in charge took zero action against the Motherwell player who halved him.

basehibby
22-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Paul Dalgliesh up there too.

How many games do you get to if you think Dalgleish was anywhere near bad enough to appear in this parade of pish??? Same goes for Liam Craig who, although never quite setting the Heather on fire at ER, was quite a talent going forward on his day. A certain 4-0 horsing of The Rangers springs to mind for example.

Saint Hibee
22-07-2018, 01:42 PM
People are saying Kuqi, but how many minutes did he actually play for us? I can only remember seeing him once, for all of five minutes.

Smartie
22-07-2018, 01:45 PM
If you could take the better moments of some of the inconsistent players on here then you could put a pretty solid team together.

Some of these players have no business being on a "worst ever" thread.

hibs#1
22-07-2018, 01:45 PM

No doubt he was a arse but he wasnt a bad player by any stretch.

GORDONSMITH7
22-07-2018, 01:46 PM

My only reason for participating on this thread is to say that I think it is negative and brutal. It may give some a wee buzz. Sorry not me. That is all.

BIG G

Smartie
22-07-2018, 01:47 PM
People are saying Kuqi, but how many minutes did he actually play for us? I can only remember seeing him once, for all of five minutes.

I suppose that's the whole point.

When you sign a player with his track record you're looking for more than a 5 minute cameo and no goals.

basehibby
22-07-2018, 01:56 PM

It only took him 5 minutes to display that he was hopelessly past it and off the pace. Regardless of his previous career an imposter in a Hibs jersey.

basehibby
22-07-2018, 02:00 PM
My only reason for participating on this thread is to say that I think it is negative and brutal. It may give some a wee buzz. Sorry not me. That is all.

BIG G

Hibs.net as the name suggests is a message board for all things Hibs. For fans then to use it to compare nightmares about huddies we've had to endure and who are thankfully now distant memories is surely no harm done - Shirley we have earned that right?!?

Hermit Crab
22-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Hibs.net as the name suggests is a message board for all things Hibs. For fans then to use it to compare nightmares about huddies we've had to endure and who are thankfully now distant memories is surely no harm done - Shirley we have earned that right?!?

We've sat and watched our hard earned cash pay these imposters palying for Hibs so of course we have a right to our opinions about them being the worst Hibs players we've ever seen.

we are hibs
22-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Tudor-Jones purely for ****ting it out that 50/50 in the last minute that Would have kept us up..michael Nelson is the worst centre half I have ever seen. As soon as the ball was near him he hoofed it

marinello59
22-07-2018, 02:11 PM

BIG G

I tend to agree with you. There’s a multitude of reasons why some players didn’t shine at Hibs. Injuries, system of play etc. If they simply weren’t good enough then that wasn’t their fault.

TelaStella
22-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Haven’t seen these ones mentioned yet so let’s throw them out there. Alan Gow? Effing hell. Patrick Cregg and Steven Thicot, scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
22-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Sorry, but this is one of the worst ever threads on DotNet.

Nae need.

basehibby
22-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Tudor-Jones purely for ****ting it out that 50/50 in the last minute that Would have kept us up..michael Nelson is the worst centre half I have ever seen. As soon as the ball was near him he hoofed it

Agreed - these two would form part of the (broken) backbone of my hopeless eleven. Other certain starters would be Kuqi and Konte up front with AOB running the ball out of play out wide right - and of course Zibi between the sticks (sorry Maka and Brown - no competition). So here's a stab at my final nightmare line-up based on that core of softness (look away all those of fragile temperament to avoid serious mental breakdown)....

Zibi

Kujabi
Nelson
Murdoch
Zarabi

Alan O'Brien
Owen Tudor-Jones
Brian Kerr
Edwin DeGraaf

Shefi Kuqi
Amadou Konte

There I'm done you can all open your eyes now 😢

My_Wife_Camille
22-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Sorry, but this is one of the worst ever threads on DotNet.

Nae need.
I'm sure the OP tried his best. What about the admins that allowed him to sign up?

BroxburnHibee
22-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Thread closed.