PDA

View Full Version : Scottish teams in Europe round 1 - Hibs included.

green with envy
21-07-2018, 08:26 PM
It's only occurred to me that all three clubs have qualified into the next round from their first round European tie.

I can't remember the last time this happened but knowing my 'auld' memory it's probably much sooner than I think. Anyone?

hfc rd
21-07-2018, 09:12 PM
It's only occurred to me that all three clubs have qualified into the next round from their first round European tie.

I can't remember the last time this happened but knowing my 'auld' memory it's probably much sooner than I think. Anyone?

I’m sure in 2016, Aberdeen & Hearts both progressed and joined us in the 2nd Qualifying round. All 3 ended up getting knocked out at this stage.

cleanyman
21-07-2018, 09:14 PM
I fancy all 3 to get knocked out again at this stage

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 09:23 PM

I honestly don't know who the other two are playing, but we should remember that we are not going to be playing a team in the middle of their season this time.

lord bunberry
21-07-2018, 09:28 PM
I think hibs and Aberdeen will go through.

Nevi_SOL
21-07-2018, 09:30 PM
I think hibs and Aberdeen will go through.

Same here

Pescarese
21-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Looks to me like 1999 was the last time every Scottish club won their first European tie (both cups). Whether Aberdeen can help the co-efficient remains to be seen, but it shows how hard these games are. Admittedly, not helped when we allowed the likes of Gretna and Falkirk to qualify.

As HFC RD says, 2016 saw three Scottish first round wins.

green with envy
21-07-2018, 09:45 PM
I’m sure in 2016, Aberdeen & Hearts both progressed and joined us in the 2nd Qualifying round. All 3 ended up getting knocked out at this stage.

Of course they did. I forgot that we were in the 2nd Qualifying round. As I thought my auld memory is not as sharp as it used to be.:greengrin

Pescarese
21-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Aberdeen made it a round further. They got knocked out by Maribor in round 3.

hibbysam
22-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Looks to me like 1999 was the last time every Scottish club won their first European tie (both cups). Whether Aberdeen can help the co-efficient remains to be seen, but it shows how hard these games are. Admittedly, not helped when we allowed the likes of Gretna and Falkirk to qualify.

As HFC RD says, 2016 saw three Scottish first round wins.

Surely you must include ourselves in that no? Doubt Gretna and Falkirk got pumped 9-0, 7 zip at home.

Pescarese
22-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Surely you must include ourselves in that no? Doubt Gretna and Falkirk got pumped 9-0, 7 zip at home.
I try to erase those games from my memory! The difference is that we’ve won European ties. Several of the sides that qualified as cup runners up in recent years didn’t achieve that.

Jumbo
22-07-2018, 08:40 AM

I thought Hearts got put out by the team from Malta in first round in 2016 ?

Pescarese
22-07-2018, 08:46 AM
I thought Hearts got put out by the team from Malta in first round in 2016 ?

Second round. Hertz scraped a win over some Estonian giants in round 1.