PDA

View Full Version : NHC Torpedo Moscow’

pontius pilate
20-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Torpedo Moscow have cancelled the contract of a Russian born black player after protests from the clubs fans who and I quote said” Black may be in the clubs colours but we only want white players in our team” absolutely disgusting now that the World Cup is over is this the real Russia.? Hopefully he gets a chance at a club whose fans aren’t that petty and are all inclusive a bit like us.

St Pauli Hibee
20-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Torpedo Moscow have cancelled the contract of a Russian born black player after protests from the clubs fans who and I quote said” Black may be in the clubs colours but we only want white players in our team” absolutely disgusting now that the World Cup is over is this the real Russia.? Hopefully he gets a chance at a club whose fans aren’t that petty and are all inclusive a bit like us.

Its not just Russia this happens to be fair, Beitar Jerusalem are the same but with Arab players as they see themselves as a Jewish club and when they signed two Arab players a few seasons back their fans boycotted games and threatened the players families, Death threats, assaults etc.

Don't think the players are there anymore, quite understandably after that

truehibernian
20-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Its not just Russia this happens to be fair, Beitar Jerusalem are the same but with Arab players as they see themselves as a Jewish club and when they signed two Arab players a few seasons back their fans boycotted games and threatened the players families, Death threats, assaults etc.

There was a fantastic documentary about that (and it was distasteful in equal measure). The two Arab boys (who I think were from Chechnya) were incredible in their bravery and humility throughout their spell there, especially when the team and the team 'pin up' player openly criticised the move. Wish I could find the link. From memory the club had been bought over by a rich Russian and he was of the opinion if a player was good enough it didn't matter where they were from or what religion. Wish I could remember the channel it was on, maybe C4 ??

DaveF
20-07-2018, 07:56 PM
There was a fantastic documentary about that (and it was distasteful in equal measure). The two Arab boys (who I think were from Chechnya) were incredible in their bravery and humility throughout their spell there, especially when the team and the team 'pin up' player openly criticised the move. Wish I could find the link. From memory the club had been bought over by a rich Russian and he was of the opinion if a player was good enough it didn't matter where they were from or what religion. Wish I could remember the channel it was on, maybe C4 ??

Forever Pure it was called. Might get it on Netflix perhaps?

truehibernian
20-07-2018, 08:01 PM

Cheers Dave :aok: definitely worth a watch if only to highlight the sheer ignorance of certain people in the world :agree:

hfc rd
20-07-2018, 08:03 PM

It was on bbc, from what I remember. It’s on YouTube now if you type in Beitar Jerusalem

Tomsk
20-07-2018, 08:05 PM

FIFA should absolutely hammer them for that.

jacomo
20-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Russia is a complex place.

The people can be amazingly friendly and hospitable but no denying there is deep seated bigotry there too.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2018, 07:42 AM

They weren't even Arab players, I think that was why it was seen as worse. They were Chechen Muslims I think, so the Beitar fans didn't even have the arab/Israeli thing to hide behind.

Squealing pig
21-07-2018, 07:49 AM
What position is he? Could he do a job

pontius pilate
21-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Defender. 19 could possibly do a job

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Not a thread hijack, but I wonder if this news is being posted on Follow Follow and what the comments would be like.

Colr
21-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Was the same with Rangers for a long time, closer to home

SkintHibby
21-07-2018, 10:13 AM

The people can be amazingly friendly and hospitable but no denying there is deep seated bigotry there too.

That comment could apply to the USA too!:agree:

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 10:27 AM

They sound like Dunfermline Athletic. (although it's all in the past ,they say)

Keith_M
21-07-2018, 10:38 AM
They sound like Dunfermline Athletic. (although it's all in the past ,they say)

:confused:

JimboHibs
21-07-2018, 10:47 AM

And Glasgow.

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 10:53 AM
:confused:

Black in the strips.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12303027.Dunfermline_upset_by_Barnett_apos_s_alleg ations/

D'Mello himself used to suffer lots of racism during his long service to the club.

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 10:54 AM
And Glasgow.

Glaswegians are not friendly, they are just nosy.

GloryGlory
21-07-2018, 11:08 AM
FIFA should absolutely hammer them for that.

Think it would be up to the Russian FA in the first instance, then UEFA.

If as I expect nowt happens, so much for UEFA's "Respect" agenda. There have been numerous cases of black players being racially abused in internationals and European games not just in Russia but elsewhere in Eastern Europe, without action by local FAs or UEFA. If UEFA were serious they'd give warnings, followed by exclusions from European competition if things didn't improve.

DaveF
20-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Just reading an article on BBC that Beitar have a new owner who is challenging the racist element head on.

Not signed an Arab player yet but it might not be far off.

EI255
20-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Therein lies the reason nobody visits Russia. Redneck Central.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
20-12-2019, 06:19 PM

There is a good copy of this on Vimeo for those without Netflix. Not sure of the legality of it so won't post a link but if you search the documentary title on Vimeo you can find it there.

Lago
20-12-2019, 07:15 PM

I visited Russia.

Joe6-2
20-12-2019, 07:24 PM
I visited Russia.

Redneck

😂

BarneyHibby
20-12-2019, 07:24 PM

Sent from my LG-H840 using TapatalkОК, thank you from all russian Hibs supporters... :rolleyes: Why people so trust the media? Do you think all people from Russia are like this idiots from Torpedo Moscow? Torpedo are most racist club in country. Their fans are bunch of neanderthals. I live in Kazan (multinational city). I've never encountered racism here.

Lago
20-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Redneck

😂
Kind of asked for that 🤔👍

nonshinyfinish
20-12-2019, 07:40 PM
ОК, thank you from all russian Hibs supporters... :rolleyes: Why people so trust the media? Do you think all people from Russia are like this idiots from Torpedo Moscow? Torpedo are most racist club in country. Their fans are bunch of neanderthals.

Indeed… would we be happy being judged based on something The Rangers had done?

BarneyHibby
20-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Not all russians are racists. Not all of us loves P*tin & vodka :scarf:

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 09:27 PM

What a ridiculous comment, I’m guessing made by someone who’s never been there. Are all Scots like the 4000 ****bags in the away end tonight?

neil7908
20-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Not all russians are racists. Not all of us loves P*tin & vodka :scarf:

I'm just back from Russia. First time visiting and I absolutely loved it. People were welcoming and friendly, far more so than places like Paris and Rome. Never had any bother and was surprised (and delighted) by how easy and accommodating it was. Only went to Moscow and St Petersburg but would love to explore more of the country some time.

EI255
21-12-2019, 12:47 AM
What a ridiculous comment, I’m guessing made by someone who’s never been there. Are all Scots like the 4000 ****bags in the away end tonight?Uhumm. I know a Moscow lad. And although he is sound with me, he is very racist. Russia is extremely racist. Do you not watch the news?

nonshinyfinish
21-12-2019, 01:10 AM
Uhumm. I know a Moscow lad. And although he is sound with me, he is very racist. Russia is extremely racist. Do you not watch the news?

So you've observed that some Russians are racist, and extrapolated that to mean that all Russians are racist. I'd like to say that the irony is funny, but these days it's just depressing.

Bristolhibby
21-12-2019, 08:42 AM
They sound like a nice lot.

“ Earlier in the week, a group of fans known as the Zapad-5 Ultras wrote on Russian social media site Vkontakte: "Black may be one of our club's colours, but we only want whites in our ranks."“

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44908171

J

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 08:50 AM
So you've observed that some Russians are racist, and extrapolated that to mean that all Russians are racist. I'd like to say that the irony is funny, but these days it's just depressing.

Obviously not all Russians or probably even anything close to it but I think it's definitely the case that racism in Russia is far more accepted and widespread than it is in the UK and most other Western European countries.

nonshinyfinish
21-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Obviously not all Russians or probably even anything close to it but I think it's definitely the case that racism in Russia is far more accepted and widespread than it is in the UK and most other Western European countries.

No argument there, but that's a rather more nuanced statement than the original quote that I and others objected to: