PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans missed that the game in the faroes

wee hay
20-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Hello,

Wanted to leave an appreciation post to the 11 supporters that tried to attend the game in Faroe Islands and was unfortunate due to a plane not having efficient acquire to land.

Met a couple in Copenhagen on my way back from the Faroes who are very upbeat considering the circumstances and genuinely hope Hibs offer some consolation package as to acknowledge the appreciation of loyal fans.

I also seen that Dempster has called for the fans to contact the club for support - cracking gesture by the club

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 04:48 PM
What actually happened? Is it Hibs fault, was it a chartered plane?

Brutal

Allant1981
20-07-2018, 05:08 PM

Brutal

pilot couldnt land due to weather

Big_Franck
20-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Bit of a sickener for them but to be fair there are worse places than Copehagen to be 'stuck'.

calumhibee1
20-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Brutal

Nobodies fault, just one of they things. Hope Hibs can sort them out on the plane to Greece or even just a free day in hospitality or something.

AltheHibby
20-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Scheduled flight that couldn't get in because of the weather.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Bit of a sickener for them but to be fair there are worse places than Copehagen to be 'stuck'.

Hope they had travel insurance, may be able to claim a bit back

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Nobodies fault, just one of they things. Hope Hibs can sort them out on the plane to Greece or even just a free day in hospitality or something.

Ahh, cheers, apologies I didn’t know.

Bad craic, fingers crossed they get sorted for Greece

wee hay
20-07-2018, 05:46 PM
No fault of the club - but the club have asked for the people on the flight to contact them publicly - cracking from the club appreciating the support especially Dempster for making a quick decision on her feet 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

gando
20-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Only flight of the day that couldn’t land due to weather. Sickening

Onceinawhile
20-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Best part of 750 quid all in apparently.

Ms dempster knows about it though and has said she will see what she can do.

fife hfc
20-07-2018, 06:54 PM

I would have preferred a less expensive city😂

fife hfc
20-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Brutal

I was told by a Faroese resident trying to get home on the flight that it was the fog and not the wind as first thought. The other airline Atlantic airlines only need 1100 Mtrs of visibility but SAS don’t have that technology and need 1400 mtrs of visibility that they did not have. Apparently they haven’t been running flights long into Vargar and have not got that equipment yet. It’s done now and I’m waiting on the flight back to Edinburgh now from Copenhagen.

Where does Leeann say contact the club as I haven’t seen that anywhere.

gando
20-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Best part of 750 quid all in apparently.

Ms dempster knows about it though and has said she will see what she can do.

The £750 was based on two people but with accommodation, spending money and an impromptu night out in Copenhagen, looking closer to £1.5k

oneone73
20-07-2018, 07:12 PM
I was told by a Faroese resident trying to get home on the flight that it was the fog and not the wind as first thought. The other airline Atlantic airlines only need 1100 Mtrs of visibility but SAS don’t have that technology and need 1400 mtrs of visibility that they did not have. Apparently they haven’t been running flights long into Vargar and have not got that equipment yet. It’s done now and I’m waiting on the flight back to Edinburgh now from Copenhagen.

Twitter mate.

20-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Shame for the fans missing the game, nobodys fault just one of these unfortunate things, the pilot obviously had to put safety of the aircraft and passengers first.

Hopefully they get all or at least some of their money back and it looks like Leeann is trying to arrange something for them as well which is a great touch.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-07-2018, 10:21 PM

Was told by a Dane that they always travel to Faroes with Atlantic as there is much less chance of not landing - in his version that is because their pilots have greater expertise, and experience of the characteristics of the location.

w pilton hibby
20-07-2018, 10:34 PM

Leeann Dempster vows ‘to make it up’ to Hibs fans who missed game due to Faroe flight hell.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/leeann-dempster-vows-to-make-it-up-to-hibs-fans-who-missed-game-due-to-faroe-flight-hell-1-4771511

hibbyfraelibby
21-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Hope they had travel insurance, may be able to claim a bit back

Flight departed from EU airport and didn't make its destination. Sounds like Compo is automatic given we haven't Brexited yet.

PatHead
21-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Flight departed from EU airport and didn't make its destination. Sounds like Compo is automatic given we haven't Brexited yet.

Don’t think so. Weather is excluded. It has to be a technical fault or the airline at fault such as no staff

fife hfc
21-07-2018, 06:27 PM
A few cases lately that mean unless it is extreme weather and outwith the ordinary then Compo is given. I find it difficult for SAS to argue that fog is extreme weather in the Faroes. Anyway if they are as good as their word then the flights to and from the Faroes should be refunded as they said so at their desk.

It is my travel insurance company that seem to be stalling and trying to say it is not covered. Why bother with travel insurance, but claiming against the company just now.

Bristolhibby
21-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Leeann on Twitter.

“To those @HibsOfficial supporters on this flight, we will sort something out for the home match to try and make up for the disappointment. At least you managed to see some of the game on TV 🙄👀.”