PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox club contact Police Scotland over racist abuse footage

McIntosh
20-07-2018, 11:25 AM
https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/british-football-fan-filmed-racially-abusing-children-in-macedonia-7730859/

They really do have the **** of the earth supporting them. Pure evil.

Callum_62
20-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Good on the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
20-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Did it not happen in Macedonia? If so is there actually anything Police Scotland can do if the offense took place in another country?

Smartie
20-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Where does it say Rangers are doing something about it?

Good for them if they are, they've been silent on far too much unacceptable conduct in the past, it is great that someone is taking an interest in this.

It was a horrible clip, it's horrible as a Scot to be associated with that type of language and behaviour, and it must be even worse if it is coming from a fan of your club.

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Did it not happen in Macedonia? If so is there actually anything Police Scotland can do if the offense took place in another country?They Tweeted it. So they can be prosecuted here....anywhere, theoretically.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2018, 11:33 AM
When they start reporting their fans and doing something for abusing catholics, i will start to take notice.

green day
20-07-2018, 11:36 AM
When they start reporting their fans and doing something for abusing catholics, i will start to take notice.

:top marks

hibsbollah
20-07-2018, 11:40 AM
They're a prejudiced extreme right wing club, and will always attract that type of supporter. Every club has one or two, they have hundreds.

SirDavidsNapper
20-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Well done Rangers. Positive step. Now start banning the 40 odd thousand lowlife who think sectarian abuse is ok from Ibrox.

GreenPJ
20-07-2018, 11:48 AM
It's a start

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2018, 11:51 AM
i'm willing to bet the real anger of orc fans will be directed at the celtic fan 'grassing' :agree: look what you've signed up to gerrard, the football club with the most vile set of fans in britain, bar none

WeeRussell
20-07-2018, 11:52 AM
I seen the clip the other day and it's sickening to watch regardless of who was involved (can't say I'm surprised at who the offender supports)... the innocent and ignorant looks on the kids' faces as they're standing there being racially abused.

Absolute low life, as are those involved in filming/sharing the moment with him.

WeeRussell
20-07-2018, 11:53 AM
i'm willing to bet the real anger of orc fans will be directed at the celtic fan 'grassing' :agree: look what you've signed up to gerrard, the football club with the most vile set of fans in britain, bar none

Funny you should say that.. I'm sure the first comment in reply to the tweeted video was exactly that. Pr1ck. (the person who replied, not you!!) :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Funny you should say that.. I'm sure the first comment in reply to the tweeted video was exactly that. Pr1ck. (the person who replied, not you!!) :greengrin

there's a chance you could be right on both counts :greengrin

Pretty Boy
20-07-2018, 11:57 AM
When you pander to a 'minority' with orange and sash strips, dubiously worded statements, flute music before games and soldiers indulging in some light hearted bigotry parading about the pitch then this is exactly the kind of person you attract.

I'd say well done Rangers but I'll save that for when they stop abetting this kind of behaviour and crack down on their supporters actions rather than encouraging it.

McIntosh
20-07-2018, 11:59 AM
When you pander to a 'minority' with orange and sash strips, dubiously worded statements, flute music before games and soldiers indulging in some light hearted bigotry parading about the pitch then this is exactly the kind of person you attract.

I'd say well done Rangers but I'll save that for when they stop abetting this kind of behaviour and crack down on their supporters actions rather than encouraging it. :top markswell said

Bostonhibby
20-07-2018, 02:08 PM
When they start reporting their fans and doing something for abusing catholics, i will start to take notice.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
20-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Can’t help but feel that because they are freely allowed to be sectarian and abuse catholics every week they feel they can get away with anything

I wonder if Scottish authorities will take action

I won’t hold my breath

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Can’t help but feel that because they are freely allowed to be sectarian and abuse catholics every week they feel they can get away with anything

I wonder if Scottish authorities will take action

I won’t hold my breath

The authorities, as in Police Scotland, are duty bound to act if a complaint has been made.

The authorities, as in the SFA, can't, as we don't have strict liability.

20-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Disgusting behavior from a despicable fan base. **** of the earth and forever Scotlands almighty shame.

Colr
20-07-2018, 07:51 PM
They're a prejudiced extreme right wing club, and will always attract that type of supporter. Every club has one or two, they have hundreds.

Well, they do always seems to manage a hard exit from Europe.

Keith_M
20-07-2018, 07:54 PM
As despicable as this is, is it any worse than the sectarian behaviour supporters of that club indulge in on a regular basis?

I'd take the outcry over this from their fellow supporters, their club and the media more seriously if they had the same outrage over their sectarian antics.

gaz1875
20-07-2018, 08:12 PM
It's only about one thing, reducing the fine from UEFA :agree:

hibsbollah
20-07-2018, 08:59 PM
As despicable as this is, is it any worse than the sectarian behaviour supporters of that club indulge in on a regular basis?

I'd take the outcry over this from their fellow supporters, their club and the media more seriously if they had the same outrage over their sectarian antics.

I think it is, yeah.

I was in Liverpool last week, and being a scouser the taxi driver wanted to talk the whole way. Liverpool fan who can't get a season ticket so has a season ticket for Rangers because they are a British team. He goes every fortnight, loves the banter but says the quality Scottish football is '****'. Took great pleasure in telling me that Scotland can't manage on their own and he (personally) would'do anything' to stop independence. Hates the EU, thinks the UK will 'get all its industry back' if it leaves Europe. He was just back from Belfast to join in their 12th July celebrations. And no, he doesn't like foreigners either.

Lots of Rangers fans only follow them for political reasons. If they weren't linked with that belief system they'd have a lot less fans.

HelmutSchlong
20-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Seen a few vids of the wee guy in the vid supposedly having fun and some Rangers fans were being nice to them. There are a some decent ‘bears’ as they like to call themselves. Those ‘decent bears’ are few and far between it has to be said

I was sickened by the video

CraigHibee
21-07-2018, 01:41 PM
****ing ****, no surprise though

lord bunberry
21-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Has anyone seen the other video of one of them smashing a glass over his own head?

Bishop Hibee
21-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Aye mental. Passes for entertainment down the Lodge. The National Front paper Bulldog was sold openly outside Ibrox in the past. They attract the racist-minded from Scotland and beyond.

One Day
21-07-2018, 04:01 PM

This. Would the be reporting it if he called him a fenian bastd

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 04:50 PM

I'd say well done Rangers but I'll save that for when they stop abetting this kind of behaviour and crack down on their supporters actions rather than encouraging it.

Thought I had seen their new third strip the other day. It was a white one with the old clubs badge and five stars above it. On the left shoulder was half a Union Jack.

I reckon it must just be a training top, but they are pandering to the far right element in their support too much.

SideBurns
21-07-2018, 04:54 PM
I think it is, yeah.

I was in Liverpool last week, and being a scouser the taxi driver wanted to talk the whole way. Liverpool fan who can't get a season ticket so has a season ticket for Rangers because they are a British team. He goes every fortnight, loves the banter but says the quality Scottish football is '****'. Took great pleasure in telling me that Scotland can't manage on their own and he (personally) would'do anything' to stop independence. Hates the EU, thinks the UK will 'get all its industry back' if it leaves Europe. He was just back from Belfast to join in their 12th July celebrations. And no, he doesn't like foreigners either.

Lots of Rangers fans only follow them for political reasons. If they weren't linked with that belief system they'd have a lot less fans.

That was clever chat from the taxi driver - I take it he didnae want a tip?

Sir David Gray
21-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Thought I had seen their new third strip the other day. It was a white one with the old clubs badge and five stars above it. On the left shoulder was half a Union Jack.

I reckon it must just be a training top, but they are pandering to the far right element in their support too much.

By having a Union flag on their strip? :confused:

I don't disagree that they have the most far right, bigoted support in the UK but having the Union flag on their strip isn't the issue.

SideBurns
21-07-2018, 05:00 PM
By having a Union flag on their strip? :confused:

I don't disagree that they have the most far right, bigoted support in the UK but having the Union flag on their strip isn't the issue.

Who else has the union flag on their strip? It is unmistakably political from The Huns.

hibsbollah
21-07-2018, 05:06 PM
That was clever chat from the taxi driver - I take it he didnae want a tip?

I couldn't believe it myself :idiot: i was imagining saying 'you've mucked up Brexit, your infrastructure is crumbling, everyone's got three part time jobs but still can't pay the bills, you couldn't get to the World Cup final despite the luckiest draw ever known, Grenfell, corruption, paedophilia, Theresa May is Trumps poodle,.... You Really Need Europe To Run Your Country For You Mate, No Offence :greengrin:taxi

Sir David Gray
21-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Who else has the union flag on their strip? It is unmistakably political from The Huns.

I'm not saying it isn't but it doesn't make them far right by displaying it.

SideBurns
21-07-2018, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying it isn't but it doesn't make them far right by displaying it.

Not in itself, but it is blatantly pandering to those who are. Anyway, we all know what they're about so splitting hairs is pointless.

Bristolhibby
21-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Sad, we gave some money to the kids when we were there with Scotland in 2007. My mates missus was visibly upset by their poverty. The Tartan Army Children’s Charity made another hearty donation to the local orphanage.

Instead these c**ts abuse them and rip the piss out of children.

A new low for them. Thankfully there are sound “bears” but for every one of those videos there’s another load who did the same and didn’t video it.

J

21-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Of course they are. They are desperate for cash so its a golden move to have orange strips as they know they will ship shed loads of them to their small-minded bigoted fanbase.

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Of course they are. They are desperate for cash so its a golden move to have orange strips as they know they will ship shed loads of them to their small-minded bigoted fanbase.

They're not allowed to sell them, though.

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 08:02 PM

I'm questioning myself now. It was definitely a Hummel top, it was very similar to the team GB top at the Olympics, but they weren't made by Hummel.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-07-2018, 08:12 PM
I live down south and was having a discussion with a mate regarding the English fan “celebration” after the Sweden victory

He admitted they hadn’t exactly acted well but also sited the behaviour of the rangers fans in the Manchester UEFA cup final

Despite claiming all the Huns are “British” not Scottish but he wasn’t buying it

That club (in whatever incarnation) are a plague on Scotland and Scottish football

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2018, 08:18 PM
I'm questioning myself now. It was definitely a Hummel top, it was very similar to the team GB top at the Olympics, but they weren't made by Hummel.

Hummel as made in a back-shop in Govan, maybe? Did you spit on it to test its colour-fastness? :greengrin

Magnus
21-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Grenfell, corruption, paedophilia,
Give up

Chic Murray
21-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Hummel as made in a back-shop in Govan, maybe? Did you spit on it to test its colour-fastness? :greengrin

Funnily enough, I actually was in Govan. :greengrin

sauzee6_2
21-07-2018, 09:43 PM
We all know ‘some’ rangers fans are the scourge of the earth with deplorable views, but what can we do that will have a significant impact?

I am willing to back anything that will stop them, but:

- would Hibs fans boycott Ibrox??
- would the club ban them from Easter Road?
- would Hibs fans boycott a cup tie??
- would thousands of Hibs fans complain to police Scotland after we play them for their bigoted bile?

I’m afraid unless we are prepared to stand up for what we complain about, nothing much will change.

Jumbo
21-07-2018, 09:53 PM

It was a fake top that was on Twitter earlier in the week

marinello59
21-07-2018, 10:23 PM

Even they can’t sell non-existent tops. I’m still ****ing outraged about it though. 😂

we are hibs
21-07-2018, 10:27 PM
We all know ‘some’ rangers fans are the scourge of the earth with deplorable views, but what can we do that will have a significant impact?

I am willing to back anything that will stop them, but:

- would Hibs fans boycott Ibrox??
- would the club ban them from Easter Road?
- would Hibs fans boycott a cup tie??
- would thousands of Hibs fans complain to police Scotland after we play them for their bigoted bile?

I’m afraid unless we are prepared to stand up for what we complain about, nothing much will change.

Scottish football had it's chance to rid itself of this cancer that poisons the game up here. They shouldn't have been allowed to enter the new club into the leagues and should have been told to **** off down south to the English leagues as they aren't welcome in our leagues anymore.

Chic Murray
22-07-2018, 08:55 AM
It was a fake top that was on Twitter earlier in the week

Ah, that explains why Martin Skirtl was wearing it.

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm not really sure the outrage shown by folk here makes any difference? We all know how bad these pople are, and we all know it shouldnt happen, but it does, time after time.

What do we do about it other than moan on a message board?

When the authorities in charge of the game in Scotland are ****** scared of them, and do everything in their power to pander to them, the only way anything will ever get done is if its fans led, as shown by them not being allowed into the SPFL when they were recreated in this form.

Boycotts, not giving them ANY tickets, and standing up against them for the good of the game and for whats right and proper is the way to go, but we will always come back to those who will say, i'm not missing a game, why should we suffer?

Well you should do it for the good of the game, and not think so selfishly.

Until the fans of every other club grab the game by the balls, and do things for the right reasons and for what is right in general, i'm afraid we are stuck with what we have, and there is just more of the same crap we moan about on message boards like this for the foreseeable future.

Chic Murray
22-07-2018, 03:48 PM