PDA

View Full Version : Radio Forth

aarsan
20-07-2018, 10:18 AM
For the 3rd day in a row this week absolutely no mention of Hibs on Forth news. Not even the result this morning, whilst Potter bleating on about how they got caught cheating again.

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Hardly worth worrying about, its a pish radio station anyway. Just repeats songs throughout the day.

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2018, 10:26 AM
7.30 am news did give brief mention to our high scoring second leg in fairness.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 10:32 AM
It’s the radio version of EN bland and amateurish

O'Rourke3
20-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Owned by German giants Bauer. Hearts have to be mentioned as part of the war reparation

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Brutal radio station that plays ***** songs. It’s adverts after adverts as well. Is that twat Boogie still on it in the morning?

HelmutSchlong
20-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Brutal radio station that plays ***** songs. It’s adverts after adverts as well. Is that twat Boogie still on it in the morning?

Aye, him and that Arlene a pair of blethering twunts!

They talk complete and utter unadulterated nonsense along with Gina McKee and Ally Bally

hhibs
20-07-2018, 11:25 AM

They talk complete and utter unadulterated nonsense along with Gina McKee and Ally Bally

Agreed ,but not half as annoying as the two half wits covering for Alan Brazil morning show on Talk Sports this morning ,talking about Scottish football;clueless, opinionated ,arrogant feckwits.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2018, 11:28 AM

He's about as funny as treating a case of the Duke of Argylls with deep heat cream. He is slightly preferable to the personality vacuum that sits next to him laughing at everything he has to say though.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Its on in my office constantly...same **** songs over and over everyday for months on end......i also hate ed sheerin as hes a ginger twat

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Never listened to it, smells like planet yam to me.

Fife-Hibee
20-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Yeah it was bad years ago’ fell away since then!

Oscar T Grouch
20-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Didn’t even realise it was still going but radio is either on 6 Music or Kerrang radio if I fancy a wee mosh to myself. Glad to see a Forth being as bad as ever, keeping their standards low 👍🏻

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 11:57 AM
He's about as funny as treating a case of the Duke of Argylls with deep heat cream. He is slightly preferable to the personality vacuum that sits next to him laughing at everything he has to say though.

Had a workmate who went on that Boogie on the boat and said he’s never met someone so up themselves and rude.

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Arlene and her crap fake laugh. I’ve no idea how either of them got presenting jobs to be honest.

green day
20-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Who listens to that pish these days anyway? Even Grant Stott has left them to do his own thing.

6 Music all the way for me, even the local news on Forth is pointless EEN type crap.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2018, 12:15 PM
FFS you do know its a radio station, and there are plenty more to choose from? :faf:

ano hibby
20-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Listen to it in the morning occasionally mainly for local news/traffic. Fairly harmless banter.

Maybe I’ve just plugged into the wrong radio stations but the 70s/80s/rock stations I’ve tried all repeat the same music too.

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 12:45 PM
FFS you do know its a radio station, and there are plenty more to choose from? :faf:

Noooo is there really?? 😳 Thankfully I along with others it seems have found these other stations thanks, but we are allowed to still talk about how crap this one is. If that’s alright with you of course?? 😂

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Listen to it in the morning occasionally mainly for local news/traffic. Fairly harmless banter.

Maybe I’ve just plugged into the wrong radio stations but the 70s/80s/rock stations I’ve tried all repeat the same music too.

Yeah I tried the Absolute 80’s and 90’s but they aren’t to great either.

Borderhibbie76
20-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Brutal radio station that plays ***** songs. It’s adverts after adverts as well. Is that twat Boogie still on it in the morning?Stopped listening to it years ago...it's brutal and yes I believe Boogie the currant bun is still on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brightside
20-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Apart from Listening to sport when it’s on I don’t take that radio in. Don’t you all have streaming ability in your cars. 😂😉

The Green Goblin
20-07-2018, 12:48 PM

:agree: I was dropping off some stuff at a storage unit the other day and it was blasting out all around the building. It was so brutal I started loading and offloading double time just to escape it.

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 12:49 PM
:agree: I was dropping off some stuff at a storage unit the other day and it was blasting out all around the building. It was so brutal I started loading and offloading double time just to escape it.

😂😂

Joe6-2
20-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah I tried the Absolute 80’s and 90’s but they aren’t to great either.

Absolute Rock, the way to go

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Absolute Rock, the way to go

I’ll give it a go!

TRC
20-07-2018, 01:24 PM
A few of them used to come in to my old work. When the Germans took over they basically said that this is the music you play. I think it was 5 songs per day they could choose themselves, but those were also from a catalogue.

Greentinted
20-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Final straw for me with Forth was when they employed that weapons grade prick Ewan Cameron.
Nothing to do with his Hearts affiliation...more to do with him being a slavering erse (although the two are closely connected I suppose :greengrin)

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 02:46 PM
It was much better when Jay Crawford was on it when it was still Radio Forth FM. It went downhill when they went digital.

Can't stand Boogie and the laughing cow, or any of the other presenters for that matter plus the complete and utter pish music they play these days, all modern crap aimed at folk under 20.

In my car I'm not fortunate enough to have a digital radio but my radio is always, and I do mean always tuned into 1 of 4 AM frequency stations 1548 Forth AM, 1215 Absolute Radio, 810 MW Radio Scotland for then football/off the ball only and 198 LW BBC Radio 4.

A mix of everything in there, golden oldies on Forth AM, Modern rock/indie as well as 80s and 90s on Absolute Radio and Politics, current affairs, book of the week etc and of course the shipping forecast on Radio 4. That does me.

Ram yer Forth 1.

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 02:50 PM

:agree:, I'd rather have my hoop scraped with a wire brush and detol than listen to that utter garbage.

H18S NX
20-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Absolute rock,it's the only way to go. :aok::aok:

Forza Fred
20-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Radio Scotland 242......

Bishop Hibee
20-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Is it not Forth 1 and therefore is there a Forth 2? Never listen to it. Radio Scotland for the news at breakfast then 6 Music or a variation of the Absolute Radio stations if I feel the need for nostalgia.

calumhibee1
20-07-2018, 03:33 PM
It was much better when Jay Crawford was on it when it was still Radio Forth FM. It went downhill when they went digital.

Can't stand Boogie and the laughing cow, or any of the other presenters for that matter plus the complete and utter pish music they play these days, all modern crap aimed at folk under 20.

In my car I'm not fortunate enough to have a digital radio but my radio is always, and I do mean always tuned into 1 of 4 AM frequency stations 1548 Forth AM, 1215 Absolute Radio, 810 MW Radio Scotland for then football/off the ball only and 198 LW BBC Radio 4.

A mix of everything in there, golden oldies on Forth AM, Modern rock/indie as well as 80s and 90s on Absolute Radio and Politics, current affairs, book of the week etc and of course the shipping forecast on Radio 4. That does me.

Ram yer Forth 1.

If by mix of everything you mean everything I wouldn’t want to here then that list looks perfect :greengrin

Santa Cruz
20-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Back in the day I was a big fan of the late Tom Wilson's Bonus Beats show. Never listen to the station now.

HFCdeb
20-07-2018, 03:59 PM
All radio is absolute garbage. Can't believe anyone still listens to any of it.

bigwheel
20-07-2018, 04:02 PM

Hahaha. I’ve seen some mad sweeping posts on here...but this is in with a bullet to the top of the charts.

...some of it is as outstanding as any other form of media ...

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Is it not Forth 1 and therefore is there a Forth 2? Never listen to it. Radio Scotland for the news at breakfast then 6 Music or a variation of the Absolute Radio stations if I feel the need for nostalgia.

Yes. 1548 am or on digital.

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Some might say your post is as well. :wink:

HFCdeb
20-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Some might say your post is as well. :wink:

I'm sure many will :)

dp00
20-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Forth is terrible now , think only 2/3 shows a day are broadcast from Edinburgh the rest from down south

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
20-07-2018, 04:27 PM
All radio is absolute garbage. Can't believe anyone still listens to any of it.Nonsense...nothing better on a long car journey. I travel loads for my job and love listening to the radio...NEVER Forth these days though

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Back in the day I was a big fan of the late Tom Wilson's Bonus Beats show. Never listen to the station now.

Same 😁

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Think my journey to work would be rather boring without the radio.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Same 😁

His brother is a fud

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 04:34 PM
His brother is a fud

Of the highest order at that.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Triva First record played on Forth

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Radio X the way to go. Great evening show with Hibee Gordon Smart. Not biased in any way after I won a holiday to Philadelphia and New York from then last year!

overdrive
20-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Radio X the way to go. Great evening show with Hibee Gordon Smart. Not biased in any way after I won a holiday to Philadelphia and New York from then last year!

Yep, was just about to post Radio X. Didn’t know about it until a couple of years ago when we were getting a new boiler put in and the guy asked if he could put it on.

HelmutSchlong
20-07-2018, 05:30 PM
It’s never been the same since Bill Barclay left Max AM.

I always loved to the Sixties with Tom Bell on a Sunday. If it was to cold to watch the laddie playing I’d sit and watch from the car listening to the golden oldies. Does that make me a bad faither?

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Does anyone remember the reverend/preist that used to be on For FM about midnight on a Saturday night and folk would phone in to talk to him? Seemed like a bunch of crazies that would phone in but you got the odd call like my example below.

(***DISCLAIMER*** all characters are fictional and any likeness to any real person is not intended)

Reverend. Hello there Agnes, you're through to Reverend xxxxxxx

Agnes. Oh its my husband Wullie reverend. He's away to the bloody pub again and he'll come home angry and drunk.

Reverend. There there dear, a few sips of the holy wine is perfectly acceptable.

Agnes. Aye a know but its every night reverend, he comes home and starts shouting and swearing at me because his dinners in the dog.

Reverend. Well perhaps cooking his dinner when he comes home is a better idea then dear?

Agnes. Thank you reverend, I'll give tha........ Oh no reverend, he's back, Wullies back from the pub, he's kicking the door and shouting at me. (Husband in background - AGNES WHIRS MA DINNER YOU NO GOOD LAZY SO AND SO and the noise of things being thrown and broken.

Reverend. Agnes, are you ok my child?

Agnes. Oh reverend he's got the belt out again he's coming for me.

Phone goes dead....

Reverend. Well we seem to have lost Anges there. I hope she resolves things with her husband We are all Gods children after all. Moving onto our next caller Betty from xxxxxx who would like to talk about her best friend and next door neighbour Wilma who she's not been seen for over a week now but her husband Tam has been out digging in the garden during the night....

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Does anyone remember the reverend/preist that used to be on about midnight on a Saturday night and folk would phone in to talk to him? Seemed like a bunch of crazies that would phone in but you got the odd call like my example below.

(***DISCLAIMER*** all characters are fictional and any likeness to any real person is not intended)

Agnes. Oh its my husband Wullie reverend. He's away to the bloody pub again and he'll come home angry and drunk.

Reverend. There there dear, a few sips of the holy wine is perfectly acceptable.

Agnes. Aye a know but its every night reverend, he comes home and starts shouting and swearing at me because his dinners in the dog.

Reverend. Well perhaps cooking his dinner when he comes home is a better idea then dear?

Agnes. Thank you reverend, I'll give tha........ Oh no reverend, he's back, Wullies back from the pub, he's kicking the door and shouting at me. (Husband in background - AGNES WHIRS MA DINNER YOU NO GOOD LAZY SO AND SO and the noise of things being thrown and broken.

Phone goes dead....

Reverend. Well we seem to have lost Anges there. I hope she resolves things with her husband We are all Gods children after all. Moving onto our next caller Betty from xxxxxx who would like to talk about her best friend and next door neighbour Wilma who she's not been seen for over a week now but her husband Tam has been out digging in the garden during the night....

Father Andy...?

Hermit Crab
20-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Father Andy...?

That might have been his name.

Famous_Fifer
20-07-2018, 05:50 PM

Absolute Garbage? Dinnae ken that station, I'm an Absolute Classic Rock man myself. Although when I'm on nights it's Planet Rock for Nightime with Alice Cooper,quality sounds. First record on Radio Forth was January by Pilot,I think.

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Triva First record played on ForthJanuary by Pilot?

Or Come up And See Me, Cockney Rebel?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
20-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Father Andy...?

Father Andy Monaghan, he was treated pretty appalingly by the hardline conservative Catholic Truth group.

He was well aware he was a bit of a figure of fun and people were prabk calling him but he said that his answers or guidance might just help someone who was listening with a genuine issue so he treated every call as legitimate.

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 05:57 PM

Let’s imagine I was younger, maybe under a different chemical state of mind that I am these days..!

I used to love listening to Father Andy. One of my favourites was a guy who’d been drinking phone up.

“Andy, my missus has left me. It’s no my fault, honest. I did nothing Andy. Honesty. Anyway, can you play her a songs for me? That one by David Gray, Please Forgive Me..?”

Hours of fun!

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Father Andy Monaghan, he was treated pretty appalingly by the hardline conservative Catholic Trust group.

He was well aware he was a bit of a figure of fun and people were prabk calling him but he said that his answers or guidance might just help someone who was listening with a genuine issue so he treated every call as legitimate.

And also help entertain those who were mashed. Allegedly

LustForLeith
20-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Triva First record played on Forth

Whatever it was they probably played it another four times in that hour

Pretty Boy
20-07-2018, 06:01 PM
And also help entertain those who were mashed. Allegedly

Indeed.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 06:04 PM
January by Pilot?

Where do i send your coconut . Pilot January

poolman
20-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Absolute rock Station for me :rockin:

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Magic soul for me

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Does anyone remember the reverend/preist that used to be on For FM about midnight on a Saturday night and folk would phone in to talk to him? Seemed like a bunch of crazies that would phone in but you got the odd call like my example below.

Phone goes dead....

Reminded me of this...

https://youtu.be/FEUB8NVPX6I

aarsan
20-07-2018, 06:23 PM

Andy Monaghan

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Where do i send your coconut . Pilot JanuaryCan it start at centre half next Thursday? [emoji16]

PatHead
20-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Andy Monaghan

It was Father Andy Monaghan. He was parish priest out at Pathhead until last year when he was retired. Lovely guy. Covers for other priests who are on holiday now. Recently been at St John's Portobello.

Sure he was nephew of Bishop Monaghan if anyone remembers him from years ago.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Can it start at centre half next Thursday? [emoji16]

Your bounty say that

Eyrie
20-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Your bounty say that

I might have known someone would try to milk the puns.

No radio for me in the car, let alone Radio Forth. Much prefer a memory card with a few hundred songs of my choosing which is effectively my own advert free radio station.

lord bunberry
20-07-2018, 09:57 PM
January by Pilot?

One of the band members from pilot used to drink in my local in Easter Road, his name was Ray and by that time he was a right bevvy merchant, but a nice guy with loads of stories to tell. I remember watching an old top of the pops or something like that a few years later with a now ex girlfriend. January came on and I remember sitting up and telling her to be quiet, she said what’s wrong, and I replied that *******s due me a tenner. Which he still is :greengrin

lord bunberry
20-07-2018, 10:10 PM
On the subject of radio forth it’s a shame that it’s gone from what it was to what it is now. In the days before the internet and digital radio Tom Wilson’s stepping out show on a Saturday was the envy of everyone who liked dance music but didn’t live in the Edinburgh area. It’s funny to think how things where then, and how quickly they’ve changed in such a short space of time.

Thecat23
20-07-2018, 10:30 PM
On the subject of radio forth it’s a shame that it’s gone from what it was to what it is now. In the days before the internet and digital radio Tom Wilson’s stepping out show on a Saturday was the envy of everyone who liked dance music but didn’t live in the Edinburgh area. It’s funny to think how things where then, and how quickly they’ve changed in such a short space of time.

Good post.

The change since I was in my teens to now is unreal. I used to listen to him every sat in the days before I’d hit the town. Have mates round and record it. Internet has changed the world so much not always for the best has to be said.

lord bunberry
20-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Good post.

The change since I was in my teens to now is unreal. I used to listen to him every sat in the days before I’d hit the town. Have mates round and record it. Internet has changed the world so much not always for the best has to be said.
You’re definitely right about it not always being for the best. I’m guessing you’re around the same age as me. We will be the last people on earth that grew up without mobile phones and internet access. It’s really weird when you think about it. I remember being in primary school and there was one computer for the whole school.

givescotlandfreedom
21-07-2018, 12:29 AM
I had no idea it still runs.

heretoday
21-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Radio Forth used to have local news and magazine programmes. Margo Macdonald presented a show I recall.
Not now. It's all pop. Same output as Clyde I gather. Shame. To get real local news folk have to buy the Evening News which is not great either.

malcolm
21-07-2018, 08:47 AM
Not listened to either forth station for years and not a fan of AM. DAB when in my car offer up a wider range than in the past.

Trouble with most radio stations is having to listen to the adverts e.g. when the broadcast is put forward as the Scottish version but in fact the traffic reports and adverts for Chinese carryouts in Wishaw etc mean its just another west coast media presentation. Though listening to the adverts on foreign stations when abroad is always culturally interesting if you can understand!

Radio 2 with no adverts (and when some annoying pratt) is not at the helm can be good. Listen out on a Monday night for the eclectic range of blues music or for just the voice alone Cerys Mathews (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b25mg0):greengrin

monarch
21-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Tom Wilson, sadly no longer with us, was the older brother of Scott “another Tynecastle sellout” Wilson. Not a bad guy really !

McSwanky
21-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Never been the same since they took 'Night School' off the air! [emoji3]

Seriously though, I think I slightly prefer listening to the plethora of adverts over the identikit presenter/music combo...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Never been the same since they took 'Night School' off the air! [emoji3]

Seriously though, I think I slightly prefer listening to the plethora of adverts over the identikit presenter/music combo...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk6 Music beats both hands-down IMO.

Thecat23
21-07-2018, 10:19 AM
You’re definitely right about it not always being for the best. I’m guessing you’re around the same age as me. We will be the last people on earth that grew up without mobile phones and internet access. It’s really weird when you think about it. I remember being in primary school and there was one computer for the whole school.

Haha our school was the same. Only the one the old bbc computer. Yeah when I tell my son there wasn’t any iPhones or iPads around and if you wanted to find something out you would have to look it up in a book. I’m glad I grew up when I did, I’d hate growing up in this fake social media world.

lord bunberry
21-07-2018, 10:37 AM
Haha our school was the same. Only the one the old bbc computer. Yeah when I tell my son there wasn’t any iPhones or iPads around and if you wanted to find something out you would have to look it up in a book. I’m glad I grew up when I did, I’d hate growing up in this fake social media world.
When I tell my daughter what it was like before iPads and internet she calls it the olden days. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
21-07-2018, 10:41 AM

It’s the nature of message boards I think.

If the OP had been about how good the station was it would quickly have turned into folk moaning about it!

I sometimes wonder if it’s a Scottish thing? Threads moaning / complaining about stuff are pretty much always more popular than positive ones. Never really understood why.

Thecat23
21-07-2018, 10:45 AM
When I tell my daughter what it was like before iPads and internet she calls it the olden days. :greengrin

😂 exactly what my son calls them as well.

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Does anyone listen to AM radio now or is it just me?

CraigHibee
21-07-2018, 12:45 PM
A few of them used to come in to my old work. When the Germans took over they basically said that this is the music you play. I think it was 5 songs per day they could choose themselves, but those were also from a catalogue.

It's like they have a license to only play certain songs and it's the same garbage every day they put on

CraigHibee
21-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Does anyone listen to AM radio now or is it just me?

Forth 2 isn't too bad but similar to forth one sometimes where they have the same stuff on regularly

therealgavmac
21-07-2018, 12:58 PM

Ram yer Forth 1.

My wee granny used to listen to it when it was just Radio Forth, 194..... Gerry McKenzie in a Sunday 😂

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Forth 2 isn't too bad but similar to forth one sometimes where they have the same stuff on regularly

They play songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Forth 1 seem to just play songs from 2017/2018.... and its all pish.

vuefrom1875
21-07-2018, 02:06 PM
:agree:, I'd rather have my hoop scraped with a wire brush and detol than listen to that utter garbage.

Third rate amateurish p##h station....and riddled wi tramps.

hibbyfraelibby
21-07-2018, 04:31 PM
One prefers Radio 3 on the State Propaganda Broadcasting Corruption.🧐🧐🧐

Hermit Crab
21-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Third rate amateurish p##h station....and riddled wi tramps.

Worst radio station is Scotland.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Forth plays the same songs over and over again. Used to enjoy it when Stotty was on it and done the top 10 at 10.

BBC Radio 1 is alright apart from when Scott Mills is on.

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Heart 80’s for me

Allant1981
25-07-2018, 06:47 AM
cant say it bothers me, i have it on in my office most days

snedzuk
25-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Your bounty say that

If you start the puns again there'll be mutiny on here.

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Forth plays the same songs over and over again. Used to enjoy it when Stotty was on it and done the top 10 at 10.

BBC Radio 1 is alright apart from when Scott Mills is on.

Agree about Radio 1. I think Greg James is the best thing on the radio for years. He's superb. Glad he'll be doing the breakfast show instead of that clown Grimmy.

degenerated
25-07-2018, 08:25 AM
I would disagree entirely about Stepping out. Early 90s tom wilson was playing the worst commercial rave and cheesy techno which was typically dedicated to "<insert place name> E posse"
It was even more cringeworthy when he managed to get himself on the line up alongside real DJs.

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2018, 09:03 AM
Radio Forth (or Forth One) and Tay FM must be linked. They play the same songs at the same time and run the same competitions. It's one of those stations that, if you had to listen to it every day, would slowly send you insane with the constant cheesy pop songs.