View Full Version : Stevie Mallan

19-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Know it is very early in his Hibs career but looking a great signing.

19-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Agree 100 per cent

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Undoubted talent, and to get off to such a great scoring start is superb.

Is such a genuine danger miles from goal. Can't defend against that.

19-07-2018, 10:13 PM
We’ve needed someone that can hit a free kick for ages. Some of our attempts last week were terrible.

Anything 25, 30 yards out is genuinely a good opportunity for him.

19-07-2018, 10:13 PM
I think when we are playing well and running games he will be a standout, it will be interesting to see how he copes in close scruffy games when we need to dig in.

19-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Was speaking to a St Mirren fan who said £175k is daylight robbery for Mallan. Going to be a top player. Great business by Hibs as was Kamberi.

19-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Was speaking to a St Mirren fan who said £175k is daylight robbery for Mallan. Going to be a top player. Great business by Hibs as was Kamberi.

Sod that. Much rather we’d signed 12 freebie journeymen.

The season has started ffs and we only won our first tie by 7 goals!!

19-07-2018, 10:21 PM
said to a mate that this has been a fantastic signing for us. he played in the LC Final with SJM when they beat the gorgie mob. he also scored a screamer against us at the Holy Ground. he will be good for us.noticed his kick tonight. has a knack of dipping it over a goalie.

19-07-2018, 10:24 PM
A midfielder who SCORES GOALS. Hallelujah.

19-07-2018, 10:26 PM
yup. scored more already than McGeogh. did he ever score?

19-07-2018, 10:27 PM
yup. scored more already than McGeogh. did he ever score?

McGeouch scored 4 for us, so Mallan's already equaled him.

19-07-2018, 10:27 PM
We’ve needed someone that can hit a free kick for ages. Some of our attempts last week were terrible.

Anything 25, 30 yards out is genuinely a good opportunity for him.

4 competitive goals already, average distance must be about 25 yards.

19-07-2018, 10:30 PM
McGeouch scored 4 for us, so Mallan's already equaled him.well, that's threw my comment oot the windae. honestly cant remember seeing Dylan score although he was a fantastic ball player

19-07-2018, 10:39 PM
well, that's threw my comment oot the windae. honestly cant remember seeing Dylan score although he was a fantastic ball player

How could you forget his goal v Aberdeen at Hampden If Dylan hadn't gone off injured just after that ,am convinced we could of gone on and won that game

19-07-2018, 10:43 PM
How could you forget his goal v Aberdeen at Hampden If Dylan hadn't gone off injured just after that ,am convinced we could of gone on and won that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalksometimes drink takes a hold of comments :greengrin we all have our moments Ronnie:wink:

19-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Like someone's said about getting a freekick 25/30 yards from goal is going to be a great opportunity every time, so many times last season freekicks in great positions were wasted. Cannot wait.

19-07-2018, 11:07 PM
He’s been a terrific signing thus far and long may it continue! His free kicks are tremendous and could easily turn out to be match winning moments for us.

19-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Like someone's said about getting a freekick 25/30 yards from goal is going to be a great opportunity every time, so many times last season freekicks in great positions were wasted. Cannot wait.

Also, other teams will know this and be reluctant to get to close to our players in those areas, making life that bit easier for us.

19-07-2018, 11:16 PM
sometimes drink takes a hold of comments :greengrin we all have our moments Ronnie:wink:

And I have had more than my fair share of unreadable posts lol

19-07-2018, 11:31 PM
And I have had more than my fair share of unreadable posts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkno comment. ANYHOO, is it true about the Alamo? tried calling wee Chez, hame and pub.defo shut? we need a new venue!

Tobias Funke
19-07-2018, 11:44 PM
said to a mate that this has been a fantastic signing for us. he played in the LC Final with SJM when they beat the gorgie mob. he also scored a screamer against us at the Holy Ground. he will be good for us.noticed his kick tonight. has a knack of dipping it over a goalie.

He didnt play in that final against Hearts, only reason I know is I checked earlier! He played with McGinn the season before John came to us. Good to see them reunited again, albeit briefly!

20-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Great to have someone that can actually take a free kick.Plenty before him so called professional players have tried and failed in a HIBS strip. Gives another string to our bow.:wink:

TheMentalHibees
20-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Anyone got a clip of his second goal last night? Stream cut out after the FK went in.

20-07-2018, 07:27 AM
I thought he was a stand out at St Mirren. I was more excited about Mallan signing than i was about McGinn and he turned out alright!

hibbie02
20-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Good to see a wholly positive thread on here. How long will it last? :greengrin

20-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Good to see a wholly positive thread on here. How long will it last? :greengrin

Is that post not pessimistic?

20-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Almost as good as Mixu Paatelainen! What a ******* signing!

Scooter
20-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Will give us something we haven't had for a while. But he is no where near the Dylan type that was suggested

20-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Will give us something we haven't had for a while. But he is no where near the Dylan type that was suggested

He is def not the Dillon type. Never was and not sure why anyone would think that. We still need to sign a holding midfielder.

20-07-2018, 08:22 AM
He is def not the Dillon type. Never was and not sure why anyone would think that. We still need to sign a holding midfielder.

Not just a holding midfielder, but a midfielder who can take the ball in, and keep possession

Baw187
20-07-2018, 08:23 AM

I think his could be the difference in turning those annoying away draws we fell to last year despite lots of possession and chances where we couldn’t convert, in to wins.

20-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Knew he had a good shot on him and set pieces but he looks pretty good on the ball too , quick feet . The way he's going could easy hit 15-20 goals this season

20-07-2018, 08:32 AM
no comment. ANYHOO, is it true about the Alamo? tried calling wee Chez, hame and pub.defo shut? we need a new venue!

Yes it's Deffo shut Will drive past it weekend in case another pub has opened up there but Doubt it
There is a more modern one on the same street will go in and ask if they would take a booking for Supporters Bus
The Old Traditional Pubs I drink in are Choca on a Saturday The Swan The Tile Bar The Wee Howf and The Bull so Nae chance of a Busload getting in any of these

hibbie02
20-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Is that post not pessimistic?

Naw!

20-07-2018, 09:55 AM
His shots look Zitelli-like to me.

They certainly squiggle about in the air a bit.

20-07-2018, 10:08 AM
I heard someone say we didn't score a single direct FK last season... couldn't believe that was true but racked by brains and cant think of any? Delighted with Mallan though, massive coup getting him on a 4 year deal too :aok:

20-07-2018, 10:27 AM
so, come on you song writers, we need a :music: for stevie mallan

even better if we get scott allan, Mallan & Allan has a ring to it

20-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Cracking ability and a real goal threat get the impression defensive side could be better so important to get midfield balance right especially if Scott Allan joining.

20-07-2018, 02:03 PM
I heard someone say we didn't score a single direct FK last season... couldn't believe that was true but racked by brains and cant think of any? Delighted with Mallan though, massive coup getting him on a 4 year deal too :aok:

Yeah I really can’t think of any...

tamsonsbairn
20-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Who's this dillon guy, the only one i remember was the cowboy of the same name. we did have a guy, i am sure his first name was Dylan,(McGeouch). :nlgwa :agree:

20-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Who's this dillon guy, the only one i remember was the cowboy of the same name. we did have a guy, i am sure his first name was Dylan,(McGeouch). :nlgwa :agree:

People on here had real trouble with his name, I think Ozy's reference is tongue in cheek to that.

21-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Wonder if we would have got out of the Championship sooner if we had someone that could score from freekicks?

Too many draws so little time!

21-07-2018, 05:42 AM
Wonder if we would have got out of the Championship sooner if we had someone that could score from freekicks?

Too many draws so little time!

We're in such a good place now, football, manager and player wise that I really am not bothered by how long we spent in the championship, or the fact we were there.

At the time it hurt and each season down was frustrating even with the cup win but it was all part of getting us to here and I've never enjoyed being a Hibs fan more than I am right now.

21-07-2018, 07:19 AM
We're in such a good place now, football, manager and player wise that I really am not bothered by how long we spent in the championship, or the fact we were there.

At the time it hurt and each season down was frustrating even with the cup win but it was all part of getting us to here and I've never enjoyed being a Hibs fan more than I am right now.
Yes I agree we are in a very good place just now but have it all to do again if we are to achieve fourth place or better this term. There are still a few players to be tied up as we are looking a bit thin in certain areas of the squad. The momentum caused by the Scottish Cup win and the acquisition of Neil Lennon that brought that cutting edge winning mentally definately pulled us through from the brink. Lessons was learned but I am sure you will agree that if it could have been achieved sooner i.e. say the same year as the cup win which was a profound possibility it would have been so much better financially for the club. I do agree however with your point we are in a good place we got there eventually and there has never been a better time to be a Hibby.Like all fans I am being greedy having tasted success I want it here and I want it now! :wink:

21-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Yes I agree we are in a very good place just now but have it all to do again if we are to achieve fourth place or better this term. There are still a few players to be tied up as we are looking a bit thin in certain areas of the squad. The momentum caused by the Scottish Cup win and the acquisition of Neil Lennon that brought that cutting edge winning mentally definately pulled us through from the brink. Lessons was learned but I am sure you will agree that if it could have been achieved sooner i.e. say the same year as the cup win which was a profound possibility it would have been so much better financially for the club. I do agree however with your point we are in a good place we got there eventually and there has never been a better time to be a Hibby.Like all fans I am being greedy having tasted success I want it here and I want it now! :wink:

We are signing quality and that makes me happy.

Trying to play good football is Scotland is not the easiest and Hibs is a rewarding but demanding club to play for.

Next step, I hope, is for more of the kids to force their way into the 1st team squad.

21-07-2018, 10:24 AM
It will be great to have a double figure goals scorer from midfield.

21-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Have we ever had a midfielder hit double figures since the great Pat Mcginlay ?

21-07-2018, 10:42 AM

Riordan spent a fair amount of time at left mid if I recall correctly; he'll surely have had more than ten in each of his seasons here.

21-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Not from a true midfielder that I can recall, I don't really count Riordan as a true midfielder.

21-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Mallan will achieve that quite easily as well IMO.

21-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Mallan will achieve that quite easily as well IMO.

He's almost halfway there already

21-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Liam Craig.

Only scored 9 in all comps in our relegation season apparently

21-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Ivan scored 10 in 2006/07 but of course he maybe wouldn't be considered a proper midfielder

21-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Ian Murray scored 10 or 11 in one of his first seasons with us iirc. Back when he was a midfielder and not a defender.

21-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Only scored 9 in all comps in our relegation season apparently

I double checked that, hence the deleted post. Was convinced it was 12!