PDA

View Full Version : 33 Ways To Take A Throw In

Dan Sarf
18-07-2018, 04:36 PM
According to BBC Sport, new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is nicknamed "Mister 33" for the sheer variety of corner and free-kick routines he devised. Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah spent a year on loan at Napoli two seasons ago and couldn't believe how much time was spent on throw-ins. "I got there and I'd never practised a throw-in in my life," he said. "They have 10 different signals and they gave me a sheet of paper to study after my first day. At this point I'm lost. "He got really impatient with me as he expected me to pick it up really quickly. I used to stand behind [Marek] Hamsik and follow him to see what he was doing."

How many do we have at Hibs? :greengrin

Sprouleflyer
18-07-2018, 04:43 PM
According to BBC Sport, new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is nicknamed "Mister 33" for the sheer variety of corner and free-kick routines he devised. Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah spent a year on loan at Napoli two seasons ago and couldn't believe how much time was spent on throw-ins. "I got there and I'd never practised a throw-in in my life," he said. "They have 10 different signals and they gave me a sheet of paper to study after my first day. At this point I'm lost. "He got really impatient with me as he expected me to pick it up really quickly. I used to stand behind [Marek] Hamsik and follow him to see what he was doing."

One!

Throw the ball to the opposition, repeat for every throw in 😉

Jim44
18-07-2018, 05:03 PM

This is really appropriate for us. I don’t have to remind anyone that, for many years now, our throw-in skills and strategies are possibly the weakest in the Scottish Premiership or worse.

coco22
18-07-2018, 05:15 PM
This is really appropriate for us. I don’t have to remind anyone that, for many years now, our throw-in skills and strategies are possibly the weakest in the Scottish Premiership or worse.

Knew you’d be all over this 😂 I believe we reverted to long throw ins from all areas of the pitch last season, with some improvement (but not a lot!).

Ozyhibby
18-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Under Lennon I think our throw ins have been ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
18-07-2018, 05:21 PM
You are guaranteed only 3 things in life. To be born, to die and Lewis Stevenson to spend around 20 minutes a game looking for someone to move off the ball at a throw in

brianmc
18-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Under Lennon I think our throw ins have been ok?

Interesting. What do you think we're doing differently now that we weren't under previous managers?

Ozyhibby
18-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Interesting. What do you think we're doing differently now that we weren't under previous managers?

No idea but they do seem to be better recently.

brianmc
18-07-2018, 05:52 PM
No idea but they do seem to be better recently.

Opinions eh? Personally I haven't noticed any improvement in them. Perhaps a bit more pointing and movement prior to the throw being taken? But zero improvement in the execution.

hhibs
18-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Knew you’d be all over this 😂 I believe we reverted to long throw ins from all areas of the pitch last season, with some improvement (but not a lot!).

He is dead right though, we are murder at throw ins ,does my head in !

Have we improved ? if we have, it is not by much.

:brickwall

jakedance
18-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Under Lennon it’s been a golden era for throw-ins, at least compared to previous decades.

Onceinawhile
18-07-2018, 06:22 PM
https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/the-pro-throw-in-coach-whos-helping-clubs-score-15-more-goals-a-season/

Also our throw ins are fine. People just like moaning. Can't keep the ball or score from them every time.

hibsbollah
18-07-2018, 06:39 PM
I heard the original interview, it was James Horncastle and Chalibah came over really well, a very intelligent lad. I think Sarri is going to be a big success, maybe not instantaneously but soon.

heretoday
18-07-2018, 07:23 PM

That could have been me talking. Since Schaedler our throw-ins have been appalling.

18-07-2018, 09:35 PM
https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/the-pro-throw-in-coach-whos-helping-clubs-score-15-more-goals-a-season/

Also our throw ins are fine. People just like moaning. Can't keep the ball or score from them every time.

Interesting article. A few more goals like Slivka's against Rangers from Lewis's throw in wouldn't go amiss.

stantonhibby
18-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Interesting article. A few more goals like Slivka's against Rangers from Lewis's throw in wouldn't go amiss.

& McLarens v Hearts.

H113EE5
18-07-2018, 09:42 PM
You are guaranteed only 3 things in life. To be born, to die and Lewis Stevenson to spend around 20 minutes a game looking for someone to move off the ball at a throw in
:agree::agree::agree:

IGRIGI
18-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Defending our own throw ins since 1875.

brianmc
18-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Defending our own throw ins since 1875.

👏👏👏👏👏

hibbydog
19-07-2018, 05:40 AM
Sir David makes a great throw in to Fyvie, which releases stokes who makes a great effort on goal. From the resulting corner Hibs score the most important goal in the history of everything, ever.

But they’re not all as good as that ....

greenpaper55
19-07-2018, 06:45 AM
I think the throw ins have marginally improved in recent years but that would not be hard , it seemed that our throw ins were aimed at our players throat ! Most still seem to be thrown down the line which makes it a fifty fifty ball unless you are in the land of giants like the Hearts.

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Our throw in's are like our pie's (sorry) Mince!