PDA

View Full Version : Yrik Galantes

Billychaotic182
17-07-2018, 11:50 PM
Any posters follow the development team closely know how he is getting on? I remember a few years ago there was a story in the paper saying he was going to be the next big player for us coming through.

I know we aren’t scared to give youth a chance and from what I’ve heard he is a tricky left winger. Could he be an option this season since Barker isn’t here? Or is he not ready?

HoboHarry
17-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Damn - I thought someone was looking for a Greek pub for visiting in the next round.....

ian cruise
18-07-2018, 05:34 AM
I know nothing about this lad but with a name like that I'll be disappointed if he isn't in the starting 11 each week.

Hibby70
18-07-2018, 05:37 AM
Alas, poor Yrik won't be playing for the first team any time soon.

calumhibee1
18-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Is this the guy that got a shocker of an injury?

As an aside, who was the young Irish midfielder we had in the 19s/20s a few seasons ago that was tipped to be the next big thing, had a bad injury then never featured at all? Can’t remember his name, sure I read a story about Roy Keane phoning him when he was injured, did he ever make it professional?

Edit: just found him, was Cody Mulhall. Last played for Longford Town in Ireland, not had a team since September 17.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2018, 05:56 AM
Is this the guy that got a shocker of an injury?

As an aside, who was the young Irish midfielder we had in the 19s/20s a few seasons ago that was tipped to be the next big thing, had a bad injury then never featured at all? Can’t remember his name, sure I read a story about Roy Keane phoning him when he was injured, did he ever make it professional?

Cody Mulhall's the name. He doesn't appear to have a club right now. A bit of a concern when he's now 22.

calumhibee1
18-07-2018, 06:03 AM
Cody Mulhall's the name. He doesn't appear to have a club right now. A bit of a concern when he's now 22.

Aye that’s the one. I always wonder if these guys ever go on to carve out good careers for themselves but it must be said that Hibs seem to rarely let anyone go that goes on to prove they could have done a job for us.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2018, 06:20 AM
Yrik didn’t play too much for the development team last season, played more for the under 18’s
Expect him to feature more this season, but think he’s only 16/17 and small/slight build

KanyeWestLower
18-07-2018, 06:33 AM
I was disappointed to only see him get 2 mins on Sunday. Looks pretty small at the moment. Lovely name.

Hibernian Verse
18-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Speaking of tricky wingers and those that we let go...Jamie McCluskey.

Last played for Stranraer in 2016 at the age of 28. Nowhere to be seen on the professional scene since. Always thought he was a great wee player.

Brightside
18-07-2018, 07:22 AM
He’s a great wee player but as Billy says very slight and hasn’t really matured yet. Was a delight to watch when he played for newcraighall

EskbankHibby
18-07-2018, 07:31 AM
Alas, poor Yrik won't be playing for the first team any time soon.

Well played sir.

Shakespearean references at that time in the morning.

Centre Hawf
18-07-2018, 07:37 AM

Last played for Stranraer in 2016 at the age of 28. Nowhere to be seen on the professional scene since. Always thought he was a great wee player.

Last I heard he was selling cars these days. Also In regards to Cody Mulhall I remember hearing from someone close to him that him and his parents turned down Aston Villa cause they thought it was more likely he could break through at Hibs. Shame how it pannec out in the end.

Mcpakeisgod
18-07-2018, 07:54 AM
He’s a great wee player but as Billy says very slight and hasn’t really matured yet. Was a delight to watch when he played for newcraighall

They were a brilliant wee team, iirc Yrik scored an absolute cracker in a cup final

SON OF PADDY
18-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Was talking to a guy in Portugal a couple of weeks ago !
He noticed that I was a Hibby, and he asked me if I remembered a young player called Jamie McCluskey ?

He goes on to say that he work's beside Jamie and he's always going on about his time at Hibs !
Next day the same guy tells me that he sent a text to Jamie I told him about our conversation, he said he was chuffed to be remembered as a Hibby.

It's a small world ! 🌍😁

SON OF PADDY
18-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Last I heard he was selling cars these days. Also In regards to Cody Mulhall I remember hearing from someone close to him that him and his parents turned down Aston Villa cause they thought it was more likely he could break through at Hibs. Shame how it pannec out in the end.

Correct " car sales " 🚘🚗