PDA

View Full Version : All is not Bari

Stuart93
16-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Failed to register for Serie B so are being made to restart in the amateur leagues. Strange.

Jim44
16-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Failed to register for Serie B so are being made to restart in the amateur leagues. Strange.

I think I heard rumours a while back that they were having problems. Has Liam Henderson managed to get away from them yet?

Heisenberg
16-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Hendo will surely be leaving them then. Hope he gets a good move for himself (to Hibs).

geohibby
16-07-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm in Bari just now, such a big stadium, empty stadium now i think

Blackfordhibby
16-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Last that I heard the Leeds United owner was going to ride in with an eleventh hour rescue. Doubt he never made it in time, bit 'o nightmare for Liam.

Jim44
16-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Last that I heard the Leeds United owner was going to ride in with an eleventh hour rescue. Doubt he never made it in time, bit 'o nightmare for Liam.

He’ll be fine. As well as Fiorentina and another couple of Serie A clubs, the mighty HOMFC are interested. :faf:

snooky
16-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Is HFC in the mix? That is real the question.

Clarence
16-07-2018, 09:45 PM

If Fiorentina are interested then there’s probably more chance of him playing at the actual San Siro rather than the Leith San Siro

Sir David Gray
16-07-2018, 09:50 PM

If Fiorentina and Parma are in for him then I would suggest not.

weecounty hibby
17-07-2018, 06:18 AM
He’ll be fine. As well as Fiorentina and another couple of Serie A clubs, the mighty HOMFC are interested. :faf:

Yip, a deluded Jambo at my work assures me that they are ready and able to stump up the £1m for him. I tend to ignore most of what said Jambo has to say about most things

Future17
17-07-2018, 07:12 AM
If they've dropped to an amateur league, he may be free to cancel his contract, so no transfer fee would apply.

Ilovehibs
17-07-2018, 07:14 AM
If they've dropped to an amateur league, he may be free to cancel his contract, so no transfer fee would apply.

Aw don't, I'll start building my hopes up!

Thecat23
17-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Yip, a deluded Jambo at my work assures me that they are ready and able to stump up the £1m for him. I tend to ignore most of what said Jambo has to say about most things

Tell him Henderson isn’t joining Hearts not even if he was offered the £1m to himself.

hibsbollah
17-07-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm in Bari just now, such a big stadium, empty stadium now i think

I was in holiday in Puglia last week, after dropping my daughter at the airport I followed sat nav into Bari to try and get a Bari top with Henderson on the back for junior. Drove right to the city centre but the spot where the club shop was supposed to be had the shutters up. I assumed the sat nav had got it wrong or it was the mezzogiorno shutting up early but now I'm thinking it might have been something more ominous for the club :dunno:

Really hope he gets a move to la viola.

BILLYHIBS
17-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Great! They give us Henderson to deliver and we give them a set of strips.:wink:

MrRobot
17-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Bring him home Lennon.

Greenworld
17-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Tell him Henderson isn’t joining Hearts not even if he was offered the £1m to himself.Hopefully agreed a deal while training with hibs

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
17-07-2018, 09:55 AM
If he is now available. , and even putting the romance of the cup to one side , I’d hope we make him priority over and above the other names we have discussed all summer. Quality player ...

3pm
17-07-2018, 09:58 AM
He can have Dylan’s wage. 😎

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2018, 10:08 AM
IF he signs for Fiorentina, and IF we beat Asteras Tripolis and IF we draw Fiorentina in the 3rd round...we could see Hendo back sooner than we thought :wink:

Speedway
17-07-2018, 10:20 AM
I was in holiday in Puglia last week, after dropping my daughter at the airport I followed sat nav into Bari to try and get a Bari top with Henderson on the back for junior. Drove right to the city centre but the spot where the club shop was supposed to be had the shutters up. I assumed the sat nav had got it wrong or it was the mezzogiorno shutting up early but now I'm thinking it might have been something more ominous for the club :dunno:

Having spent some time wandering the streets of Bari, many of the shops are shuttered in the middle of the day including the big name ones.

It seems like the people of Bari can't be arsed opening up some days if the weather is decent. Can't be good for the economy.

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Having spent some time wandering the streets of Bari, many of the shops are shuttered in the middle of the day including the big name ones.

It seems like the people of Bari can't be arsed opening up some days if the weather is decent. Can't be good for the economy.

Siesta? It's a common thing in Southern Europe. Open early, close in the middle of the day, and open again in the evening.

hibee316
17-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Fairly standard in the Mediterranean.
Close for a nap mid afternoon then open late into the evening.

jacomo
17-07-2018, 11:07 AM
He can have Dylan’s wage. 😎

I would be very very happy if Hendo came in as the replacement for Dylan.

Sounds unlikely though if bigger clubs in Italy are chasing him.

CMurdoch
17-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Folks on JKB saying Leeds are interested in him.
Owner of Leeds connected to Bari so is likely guesswork based totally on that commonality

hibsbollah
17-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Oh I know all that, in the South things close down from 12 "till about, 5. But this was at 9:30am and it was advertised as being open, which made me a bit confused. It was as if the shop was no longer there.

badabing67
17-07-2018, 11:50 AM
folks on jkb saying leeds are interested in him.
Owner of leeds connected to bari so is likely guesswork based totally on that commonality

jkb ?

CMurdoch
17-07-2018, 11:53 AM
jkb ?

You know, the board for folks that support the pink team

pollution
17-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Siesta? It's a common thing in Southern Europe. Open early, close in the middle of the day, and open again in the evening.

I worked in Rome in 1981 and the siesta thing was a nightmare.

It effectively doubled the working day, having to return to work again, twice the amount of commuting.

Even in winter. No wonder Romans are considered lazy. What's the point, they ask.

scooby
17-07-2018, 12:45 PM
He was in Nandos at the weekend with his brother and winked at my kids in their Hibs shirts.
He's coming home!

Kavinho
17-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Puglia. Great place.
Alberrobello & the Trulli houses - stunning

Jim44
17-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Why do Liam Henderson threads always end up as Italian Tourist Board adverts! :wink: :greengrin

calumhibee1
17-07-2018, 01:20 PM

I would have thought he would be. Although that probably depends whether it is actually amateur or if it’s an Italian version of Juniors/Lowland League.

jacomo
17-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Why do Liam Henderson threads always end up as Italian Tourist Board adverts! :wink: :greengrin

Go to Puglia and you’ll understand.

LancsHibs
17-07-2018, 02:05 PM
According to wiki FC Bari were dissolved as from yesterday. This makes LH a free agent. Special Delivery?😉

Springbank
17-07-2018, 02:08 PM

To be fair, some of them were more about the Hibs, in discussing the Picinisco & Sant'Elia Fuimerapido villages in Southern Italy where a lot of Scots-Italians came from, including a good number of Hibbies [SHC]
:cool2:

dp00
17-07-2018, 02:48 PM
His Twitter has him away on pre season with them a few days ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim44
17-07-2018, 02:51 PM

Go to Puglia and you’ll understand.

To be fair, some of them were more about the Hibs, in discussing the Picinisco & Sant'Elia Fuimerapido villages in Southern Italy where a lot of Scots-Italians came from, including a good number of Hibbies [SHC]
:cool2:

I know Italy well. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Future17
17-07-2018, 03:04 PM
I would have thought he would be. Although that probably depends whether it is actually amateur or if it’s an Italian version of Juniors/Lowland League.

As I understand it, the deposit applies to the top three divisions, so it's at least Serie D.

In the similar case of 1860 Munich, the existing contracts were a breach of the lower league rules so were void as unenforceable. Germany may have different lower league rules than Italy though.

Puddocky
17-07-2018, 03:32 PM
According to wiki FC Bari were dissolved as from yesterday. This makes LH a free agent. Special Delivery?😉

Can’t they reform as The Bari FC and carry on as if nothing changed......?

davhibby
17-07-2018, 03:33 PM
His Twitter has him away on pre season with them a few days ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes and now the club doesn't exist

Springbank
17-07-2018, 03:44 PM
I know Italy well. My comment was tongue in cheek.

:thumbsup:

On a (nother) tangent, it has always struck me as incredible, given the strong Scots-Italian links with Hibs, that - as far as I know - no Italian has played for Hibs.

Marinello, Tortolano & Emilio Bottiglieri seem to be the closest we have (though happy to be corrected)

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2018, 03:51 PM

On a (nother) tangent, it has always struck me as incredible, given the strong Scots-Italian links with Hibs, that - as far as I know - no Italian has played for Hibs.

Marinello, Tortolano & Emilio Bottiglieri seem to be the closest we have (though happy to be corrected)

We had a Crolla as well IIRC.

Carlo?

Does Roy Bari count?

wazoo1875
17-07-2018, 05:18 PM
We had a Crolla as well IIRC.

Carlo?

Does Roy Bari count?
😂😂

LancsHibs
17-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Yeh maybe add some stars above their badge which mean fek all

Future17
17-07-2018, 05:27 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/liam-henderson-a-free-agent-following-bari-s-financial-collpase-1-4770076

Billy Whizz
17-07-2018, 05:34 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/liam-henderson-a-free-agent-following-bari-s-financial-collpase-1-4770076

Wonder if Celtic have been paid the transfer fee in full

hibsbollah
17-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Puglia. Great place.
Alberrobello & the Trulli houses - stunning

Alborobello was a hoaching with tourists and souvenir stalls when we went, I much preferred some of the villages nearby, Locorotondo and Cisternino, but the whole Val d'Itria is just beautiful, will definitely be going back...Lecce too...
STOP...... Thread hijack.

greenlex
17-07-2018, 07:31 PM

Antonio Murray too.

spike220
17-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Ryan McGivern is currently without a club.

Diclonius
17-07-2018, 09:54 PM
Ryan McGivern is currently without a club.

Let's keep it that way on our end.

Topographic Hibby
17-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Ryan McGivern is currently without a club.Keep it on-topic, please. Send Ryan to Bari.......:wink:

The Harp Awakes
17-07-2018, 10:00 PM
:
'The Braveheart with Brazilian feet' sums Liam up perfectly. He'll be home at some point that's for sure. Hibee through and through.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2018, 10:11 PM

That's a good idea, I wonder why no other club has thought of doing that before.

They'll want to distance themselves from any negative stuff though, yeah? They can just say it was the old club that was responsible and it's nothing to do with them.

tamig
17-07-2018, 10:19 PM
If he is now available. , and even putting the romance of the cup to one side , I’d hope we make him priority over and above the other names we have discussed all summer. Quality player ...

Scott Allan is far more important for us imo. He is a must.

jacomo
17-07-2018, 10:32 PM

‘The braveheart with the Brazilian feet.’

Fair enough!

Good luck Liam, come back to the Hibs one day after you’ve made your reputation in Italy and bought yourself a vineyard!

LNHibs
18-07-2018, 01:14 PM
He’s wanting to stay out there as the lifestyle is unbelievable he said. Don’t blame him. So unfortunately I can confirm there is zero chance of him playing at ER any time in the near future...

Pescarese
18-07-2018, 03:46 PM
He’s wanting to stay out there as the lifestyle is unbelievable he said. Don’t blame him. So unfortunately I can confirm there is zero chance of him playing at ER any time in the near future...

He's not wrong about the Italian lifestyle. So hot here in Abruzzo today that I'm chilling my red wine!

19-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Hendo going to Serie B side Hellas Verona where his manager at Bari now is. 4 year deal, good luck to him.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/ex-celtic-and-hibs-star-liam-henderson-agrees-deal-with-italian-side-1-4770927