PDA

View Full Version : Team for Thursday

worcesterhibby
16-07-2018, 04:21 PM
With a 5 goal lead in the bag and a couple of players on bookings, I would be happy to see a couple of the fringe players getting a start on Thursday. Marvin coming in would give us some muscle as they will no doubt try to attack more in the 2nd leg and weren't afraid to be aggressive in the first. I'd like to see Danny Swanson get a start, he always seems a bit too desperate to score when he only gets 20 mins. Might be worth giving Dazzler a break too since he is on a yellow and bringing Ambrose into centre back would free up the left back position for Sir David. We might give Flo a rest too as we don't want him injured and he is on a booking.

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Boyle Slivka Mallan
Shaw Swanson

Ozyhibby
16-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Trouble is that we need to improve our match sharpness and the only way to get that is to play. I think our best 11 will start as a way to build up match sharpness for the Greeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
16-07-2018, 04:27 PM
Trouble is that we need to improve our match sharpness and the only way to get that is to play. I think our best 11 will start as a way to build up match sharpness for the Greeks.

It's a good point....is the surface out in The Faroes grass or artificial ?

Jim44
16-07-2018, 04:53 PM
With a 5 goal lead in the bag and a couple of players on bookings, I would be happy to see a couple of the fringe players getting a start on Thursday. Marvin coming in would give us some muscle as they will no doubt try to attack more in the 2nd leg and weren't afraid to be aggressive in the first. I'd like to see Danny Swanson get a start, he always seems a bit too desperate to score when he only gets 20 mins. Might be worth giving Dazzler a break too since he is on a yellow and bringing Ambrose into centre back would free up the left back position for Sir David. We might give Flo a rest too as we don't want him injured and he is on a booking.

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Boyle Slivka Mallan
Shaw Swanson

No McGinn?

H18 SFR
16-07-2018, 04:57 PM
No McGinn?

Can't cup tie him, might reduce the value of a transfer.

cleanyman
16-07-2018, 05:12 PM
A team full of hacks.

I'd mix it up and leave our match winners out.

Bring in Swanson, Bartley, Gray and some youth players.

Billy Whizz
16-07-2018, 05:13 PM

😜

erin go bragh
16-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Nah . If JM is fit , he will play . New Eufa rules means you can’t be cup tied for different Euro competitions.

Allant1981
16-07-2018, 05:27 PM
bogdan
porteous
ambrose
hanlon
gray
stevenson
bartley
swanson
mallan
boyle
kamberi

H18 SFR
16-07-2018, 05:30 PM
😜

🤡

Hibbyradge
16-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Nah . If JM is fit , he will play . New Eufa rules means you can’t be cup tied for different Euro competitions.

Unless he's being kept in cotton wool for his next team.

21sMay
16-07-2018, 05:31 PM
bogdan

McGregor
porteous
hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Bartley
Swanson
slivka

shaw
gullan

Nevi_SOL
16-07-2018, 05:36 PM
bogdan

McGregor
porteous
hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Bartley
Swanson
slivka

shaw
gullan

I’d actually be happy too see that team line up to be fair.

Unseen work
16-07-2018, 05:44 PM
......................Bogdan.....

.............Efe Porteous Hanlon....

Boyle.....Slivka....McGinn.......Mackie...

.......................Mallan..........

............Shaw...........Kamberi....

007 Mickey Weir
16-07-2018, 05:49 PM
I think it needs to be Kamberi and Shaw up front. The need as much game time together as our main strikeforce for now.

Give Gray, Bartley and Swanson game time as well. Four at the back is enough. Maybe rest Macgregor who picked up a yellow card.

Bogdan
Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson
Mallan Bartley Slivka
Swanson
Kamberi Shaw

Ozyhibby
16-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Anybody we leave out will have gone two weeks without a game when they take the field against the Greeks. That’s too much at this stage if we want them firing on that night. I would play the team we expect to play the Greeks.

Souter96Mac
16-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I think it needs to be Kamberi and Shaw up front. The need as much game time together as our main strikeforce for now.

Give Gray, Bartley and Swanson game time as well. Four at the back is enough. Maybe rest Macgregor who picked up a yellow card.

Bogdan
Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson
Mallan Bartley Slivka
Swanson
Kamberi Shaw

This would be my team. It gives Gray, Marv and Danny some game time. Giving Flo and Shaw more time to gel as a partnership.

danhibees1875
16-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Unless he's being kept in cotton wool for his next team.

Then hed still be cup tied for ewefa competitions.

(That's a bit of a wooly one I'll concede)

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Then hed still be cup tied for ewefa competitions.

(That's a bit of a wooly one I'll concede)So can he sign for the Sheep?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cod Boy
16-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Not sure if this will be but there was 11 players training on Saturday at east mains which may be starting team for Thursday.

Hibbyradge
16-07-2018, 07:48 PM
So can he sign for the Sheep?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Oi, you can ram the puns, pal.

staunchhibby
16-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Any update on McGinns injury.

danhibees1875
16-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Oi, you can ram the puns, pal.

When it comes to puns, he's the GOAT.

Cod Boy
16-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Any update on McGinns injury.

Trained on Saturday and didn’t look injured.

Borderhibbie76
16-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Can't cup tie him, might reduce the value of a transfer.Sorry but if this is the recurring cup tied joke on here...this was funny about a year ago...can we give it a rest now please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jgl07
17-07-2018, 03:04 AM

You never could. Only for the same competition. Unless Burnley or Sevco come in, it will not be an issue.

HoboHarry
17-07-2018, 03:45 AM
Anyone else that makes a sheep pun will be exiled to San Merino.......

HelmutSchlong
17-07-2018, 04:09 AM
Sorry but if this is the recurring cup tied joke on here...this was funny about a year ago...can we give it a rest now please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You must be fun at parties

Hermit Crab
17-07-2018, 04:17 AM
You must be fun at parties

He's got a point, it's boring and tired now.

Greenbeard
17-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Anybody we leave out will have gone two weeks without a game when they take the field against the Greeks. That’s too much at this stage if we want them firing on that night. I would play the team we expect to play the Greeks.

Agreed - the set-up we are likely to play IN GREECE - as a dry run.

St Pauli Hibee
17-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
Swanson
Boyle

Shaw
S Murray

Greenbeard
17-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Understood the Hibs official flight was today? Any ITK info on who did or did not travel?

17-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Although we can never afford to become too complacent (this is hibs we are talking about here!), we have a comfortable lead so can afford to mess about with the team a little bit. Need to get the match fitness levels up so not massive changes but would maybe like to see the likes of Swanson start.

Whats the deal with Gray? If he's nearly there fitness wise then maybe this would be a good opportunity to give him some much needed game time.

hfc rd
17-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Hanlon & Simon Murray are the only two that haven’t travelled to the Faroes. McGinn has.

Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Porteous
Mackie

Mallan
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Shaw
Swanson

ian cruise
18-07-2018, 12:47 PM
bogdan

McGregor
porteous
hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Bartley
Swanson
slivka

shaw
gullan

Think this looks good but I'd play Mallan first half in place or Marv and help hi get some match sharpness. Definitely want Slivka to start for same reason and would want Danny to get a start so he can show what he's got to offer, it's been there in glimpses but needs to step up and show he's deserving of a regular place.

Defence and upfront look OK for the game given the scoreline, let's see what youth can do but Hanlon and McGregor should ensure we don't have an embarrassing evening.

oneone73
18-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Think this looks good but I'd play Mallan first half in place or Marv and help hi get some match sharpness. Definitely want Slivka to start for same reason and would want Danny to get a start so he can show what he's got to offer, it's been there in glimpses but needs to step up and show he's deserving of a regular place.

Defence and upfront look OK for the game given the scoreline, let's see what youth can do but Hanlon and McGregor should ensure we don't have an embarrassing evening.
Hanlon didn't travel.

ian cruise
18-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Hanlon didn't travel.

Forgot that! Efe?

BegbieHSC
18-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Bogdan
Efe, Daz, Porteous
Boyle, Mallan, Slivka, Swanson, Lewis
Flo, Shaw

Not convinced by SJM’s mindset to play him, and it might drive down his value if he’s Cup-tied.