Good to see Andrew Blake back playing

Scooter
15-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Team lines up

Can't make out the team from that Billy. Any big names up with the squad

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Good to see Andrew Blake back playing

This is the fellah from NZ? Did he miss a chunk of last year through injury?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Can't make out the team from that Billy. Any big names up with the squad

Last years development team

Martin
Donaldson
Porteous
Waugh
Blake
Mackie
Innes Murray
Stirling
Campbell
Lewis Allan
Gullan

Subs
Paton
Woods
Stanley
Galantes
Bragg

No Fraser Murray, must be still injured

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 12:37 PM

He did IP, Achilles

I’m not at the game, have a friend who’s a Wick Academy supporter, who sent me the team lines

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 12:39 PM
He did IP, Achilles

I’m not at the game, have a friend who’s a Wick Academy supporter, who sent me the team lines

Ta. Hope the boy settles in again as he seemed to be doing ok.
Hopefully one of the bunch that travelled up can give us updates.

Hermit Crab
15-07-2018, 12:43 PM
I know a couple of folk who went up there. No 1st teamers for them to watch except really big Ryan P.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Ta. Hope the boy settles in again as he seemed to be doing ok.
Hopefully one of the bunch that travelled up can give us updates.

Hopefully. I only got home late last night from Italy, so couldn’t go

Iggy Pope
15-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Hopefully. I only got home late last night from Italy, so couldn’t go

Too much of a trek for me having blown my remaining GBP stash on DKK's ......

Scooter
15-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Fraser Murray?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Fraser Murray?

Injured I presume

Pretty Boy
15-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Blake would have been in the 1st team squad last year in place of Rherras had it not been for his injury. Delighted to see him back.

The Modfather
15-07-2018, 01:03 PM
How’s Sean Mackie progressing? Is he likely to make it at Hibs? I’ve never seen him play and never hear much about him but was quite excited when we signed him given we paid something like £50k for him as a 17 year old.

Big_Franck
15-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Blake would have been in the 1st team squad last year in place of Rherras had it not been for his injury. Delighted to see him back.

I've never seen him play. Is he a right or left back do you know?

Hamish
15-07-2018, 01:18 PM
1-0 Innes Murray

Wick twitter updates

FT. 1-0.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 01:33 PM

He’s a right back

KanyeWestLower
15-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Didn't think hibs were up to much today.

DaveF
15-07-2018, 05:13 PM

You'll get a gig at the daily record with reporting like that.

KanyeWestLower
15-07-2018, 05:15 PM
You'll get a gig at the daily record with reporting like that.

Cheers boss, I try

overdrive
15-07-2018, 05:18 PM

I’m assuming he qualifies for Scotland as well (if he was ever to be any good). His brother is a full Scotland cap at rugby union through the grandparent rule.

badabing67
15-07-2018, 05:48 PM

He is a left back or a left wing back I think that's what he was playing at Raith Rovers

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 05:50 PM
He is a left back or a left wing back I think that's what he was playing at Raith Rovers

We’re talking about Andrew Blake, not Sean Mackie

J-C
15-07-2018, 05:51 PM

He was asking about Blake not Mackie, I made that mistake and deleted an answer similar to yours.

Badge
15-07-2018, 05:52 PM
What was the final score?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 05:55 PM
What was the final score?

1-0 Hibs
Think it was our young teams 1st game this season, so maybe a bit rusty

Badge
15-07-2018, 05:56 PM
1-0 Hibs
Cheers

KanyeWestLower
15-07-2018, 06:00 PM
1-0 Hibs

Didn't realise that. Keeper almost chucked one in but recovered really well. Ben Stirling didn't look too interested.

BoomtownHibees
15-07-2018, 06:02 PM
Didn't realise that. Keeper almost chucked one in but recovered really well. Ben Stirling didn't look too interested.

In what way was he not interested?

greenlex
15-07-2018, 06:53 PM
In what way was he not interested?
Had his phone out most of the game.

matty_f
15-07-2018, 07:01 PM

:agree: Nipped out to the bookies twenty minutes into the game.

Mibbes Aye
15-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Be interested in more detail.

I've seen the dev team a few times and Stirling always looked the part - composed in possession and aware of space.

He's been shunted about a few positions but I think he looks like a deep-sitting midfielder, making the right pass, possibly similar to Kevin Thomson at the start of his career. Obviously Ben has a bit to go, even getting into the reckoning for first team in the way Oli Shaw has, but for me he has been the pick of the bunch of recent youth players (discounting Shaw and Porteous but including Crane and Martin)

The Modfather
15-07-2018, 07:04 PM
How’s Sean Mackie progressing? Is he likely to make it at Hibs? I’ve never seen him play and never hear much about him but was quite excited when we signed him given we paid something like £50k for him as a 17 year old.

Any knowledge on Sean Mackie?

Mibbes Aye
15-07-2018, 07:09 PM
:agree: Nipped out to the bookies twenty minutes into the game.

I was playing online Boggle with him during the second half. His tag is Benstar DGAFaboutHFC.

Not reading too much into it.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Couple of other games coming up for the young team. Can’t see them on the official site fixtures list

Sunday 22nd July Coldstream v Hibs 2pm KO
Monday 30th July Selkirk v Hibs 7pm
Monday 6th August Tranent v Hibs 6.45pm

Tarrahib
15-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Great strike by Innes Murray for the only goal.Did he not score against Turriff a couple of years ago?Badge the Hibee?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Great strike by Innes Murray for the only goal.Did he not score against Turriff a couple of years ago?Badge the Hibee?

That was Fraser Murray

Tarrahib
15-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Aye.Sorry Billy I remember now.Thanks.

hibbysam
15-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Any knowledge on Sean Mackie?

Sean got injured last year early on so missed the beginning of the season. He’s been playing most of this pre season but missed out on the squad for he home European leg. He’s there or there abouts at the moment though and I’m sure we will see him in the squads more this season if he continues to progress.

HoboHarry
15-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Probably looking at pictures of the Croatian President......

davemcbain
15-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Just got back from Wick, but missed the team line ups at the start and no idea who was who, so could only comment on squad numbers.

Hibs goal came at the beginning of the first half from Innes Murray - well taken from edge of the box.
Ball was in the net again about 10 minutes later, but was pulled back for a Hibs free kick on the edge of the box by a fairly clueless ref
Hibs were rusty but improved as the game went on. Wick were workmanlike and after a couple of changes early in the 2nd half looked a little more dangerous, but other than a couple of headers straight at the keeper and a spill in the second half right at their number 10s feet, they didn't have much of a goal threat. Their number 5 looked a solid defender.
Hibs number 3 reminded me of a young Lewis Stevenson with pace, positional awareness a decent tackle and a minging final ball (with all due apologies to Lewis).
Two centre backs were solid enough, but neither was really put under much pressure.
Number 2 did the wingback role on the other side, but with a less pacey and more accurate final ball.
Number 6 was the standout for me - seemed to find space and make the easy passes.
Number 10 (guys seemed to be calling him hammer?) bags of skill, but needed to look up and pass instead of trying to run through 3 folk every time.
Wish I'd got there 5 minutes earlier and got hold of a team sheet so I'd have some more insight - better team won comfortably despite the scoreline, but can't say the match was a classic - wet weather didn't help though.

Tarrahib
15-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Just got back from Wick, but missed the team line ups at the start and no idea who was who, so could only comment on squad numbers.

Hibs goal came at the beginning of the first half from Innes Murray - well taken from edge of the box.
Ball was in the net again about 10 minutes later, but was pulled back for a Hibs free kick on the edge of the box by a fairly clueless ref
Hibs were rusty but improved as the game went on. Wick were workmanlike and after a couple of changes early in the 2nd half looked a little more dangerous, but other than a couple of headers straight at the keeper and a spill in the second half right at their number 10s feet, they didn't have much of a goal threat. Their number 5 looked a solid defender.
Hibs number 3 reminded me of a young Lewis Stevenson with pace, positional awareness a decent tackle and a minging final ball (with all due apologies to Lewis).
Two centre backs were solid enough, but neither was really put under much pressure.
Number 2 did the wingback role on the other side, but with a less pacey and more accurate final ball.
Number 6 was the standout for me - seemed to find space and make the easy passes.
Number 10 (guys seemed to be calling him hammer?) bags of skill, but needed to look up and pass instead of trying to run through 3 folk every time.
Wish I'd got there 5 minutes earlier and got hold of a team sheet so I'd have some more insight - better team won comfortably despite the scoreline, but can't say the match was a classic - wet weather didn't help though.
:agree:Remember none of these boys,,,,have any experience of playing on the old Easter Road slope.

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2018, 08:56 PM

3 was Sean Mackie
6 was Kevin Waugh
10 Jamie Gullan (Hammer)

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2018, 08:58 PM
:agree:Remember none of these boys,,,,have any experience of playing on the old Easter Road slope.

Few of the boys been involved in first team squads.

5 Ryan Porteous strolls games at this level

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Think that's a harsh assessment of Ben to be fair

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Special mention to all at Wick who made us feel very welcome indeed.

Nice set up, and not a bad side

davemcbain
15-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Special mention to all at Wick who made us feel very welcome indeed.

Nice set up, and not a bad side

:agree::top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Think that's a harsh assessment of Ben to be fair

Unfortunately Tinternet tends to be harsh as a default position.

Tarrahib
16-07-2018, 09:34 AM
I know a couple of folk who went up there. No 1st teamers for them to watch except really big Ryan P.

Few of the boys been involved in first team squads.

5 Ryan Porteous strolls games at this level
My family met the Hibs squad at Castletown Sunday morning prior to the game.I must thank Colin Nish and the rest of the coaching staff for the effort they put in to making my grand children feel so welcome there and also at the match.I must thank all the players for their enthusiastic welcome we got especially Ryan Porteuos who is a tremendous ambassador for the club.Wish all the best to you all .
Thank you.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Some photos from Sunday’s game

http://www.mbrogerphotography.com/p126683677

Piqué
18-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Is everyone sure they're speaking about the correct Hibs here? It was clearly Orkney Hibernian playing Wick at the weekend :confused: either that or my local paper has had a proper howler :greengrin